Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis 10 official thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 319 replies

O
Otto posted on Thu, Apr 15, 2010 11:50 PM

Hey folks,
This is the official thread where I will post all new announcements about Tiki Oasis 10
Please post all general comments and questions here.
A separate photo thread will be launched after the event, or you can launch one during the event if you feel the need.
Please continue to use the Room Crawl thread and other threads as appropriate.

Tomorrow/Friday night at midnight I will post the URL for online booking. This URL will be good for 24 hours and then booking will be open to the general public.

Tiki Oasis 10
Thursday, August 19 through Sunday, August 22
San Diego

http://www.tikioasis.com

The Hula Girls are looking forward to playing the main stage this year! We will have our debut album for sale there as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBd2Cd3-0zw
http://www.facebook.com/thehulagirls

TF

Looks like there will be a bunch of us from Denver! This will be EPIC!

TF

Looks like there will be a bunch of us from Denver! This will be EPIC!

H

Hey Otto! Can you give us any info regarding if Richard Cheese will be performing at Tiki Oasis? Or was the rumor just referring to him attending Tiki Oasis.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35474&forum=11&PHPSESSID=8eb89c8a2be86939c9e21fafb888bcac

Was last year truly the swan song for the Ku Bar? What manner of bribe might Notch consider for a return?

YAY!!! Tiki Oasis!!!!

J

Booked and done :)

O
Otto posted on Fri, Apr 16, 2010 10:46 PM

On 2010-04-16 09:27, Hakalugi wrote:
Hey Otto! Can you give us any info regarding if Richard Cheese will be performing at Tiki Oasis? Or was the rumor just referring to him attending Tiki Oasis.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35474&forum=11&PHPSESSID=8eb89c8a2be86939c9e21fafb888bcac

it is not a rumor
richard cheese will be there

He has a room reserved and a vending space reserved

he is not scheduled to perform.

And I do not think his Lavapalooza CD will be ready in time for August though it is possible and hopeful both on Richard's part and my own.

Booked and counting down!

O
Otto posted on Fri, Apr 16, 2010 11:18 PM

here is the secret portal to Tiki Oasis online booking
You have a headstart on the general public by 24 hours

(use standard URL now, http://www.tikioasis.com )

[ Edited by: Otto 2010-04-18 22:15 ]

Oh, yes! New job permitting, we will be making the trek from Melbourne, Australia again this year. We had a blast last year just taking it all in for the first time, but hoping to dive in a bit more to the crawl etc this year and be a bit more sociable!

R

We are reserved and looking forward to another tikified weekend. Lovin' it.

booked... liver in training...

Room reserved!

After wishing to attend for years & years, I am filled with unspeakable excitement at the prospect of attending my very first Tiki Oasis.

Thanks to Tiki Trav for the reminder that we all have to get in fightin' shape for the multitude of delicious beverage options that that will be available that weekend.
Or, that is to say, I've heard rumors that attendees may enjoy the occasional cocktail during the Tiki Oasis weekend and that one must prepare one's internal organs accordingly.

Hooked and Booked! Wendy and Dan

I got a room with a view of the pool and stage. This is my first Oasis and I'm stoked to be there. I'm doing my happy dance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W3ZXQqJWH8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0fDrnp8TvQ&feature=related

See ya all there,

Tickets and room booked! Tiki savage cry, Woo Hoo

Had an amazing time last year, REALLY looking forward to Martin Cate's symposium again. Last year it was a 'Rum' Symposium, this year says 'Cocktail'... different topic in general cocktail mixology, Otto?

We're in! 8th Tiki Oasis for me & Mrs Wreck. As Baxdog would say "have no brakes...cannot STOP!"

O
Otto posted on Sun, Apr 18, 2010 10:13 PM

On 2010-04-18 12:15, TikiGeeki wrote:
Tickets and room booked! Tiki savage cry, Woo Hoo

Had an amazing time last year, REALLY looking forward to Martin Cate's symposium again. Last year it was a 'Rum' Symposium, this year says 'Cocktail'... different topic in general cocktail mixology, Otto?

Well, when I say cocktail, that means RUM cocktail!
This year's symposium by Martin will be about a particular type of rum based cocktail. I don't want to say what it is right now and blow the surprise announcement.
There will also be the Rum & Chocolate tasting. I cannot say what rums as we are still working out the sponsorship.

Hi tiki peeps,

This is my first Tiki Oasis and I have the VIP ticket. I was wanting to know from those tikiphiles in the know which symposiums are not to be missed.

PS
Being a dude I think that I'll pass on the hair and makeup ones.

Eric

[ Edited by: Savage Tiki 2010-04-19 18:04 ]

On 2010-04-18 00:59, Tiki Trav wrote:

Yay!! Trav is comin back.

as for liver in Training,
I was just at Kick the Reverb's place this weekend,
and helping him with a new drink for this year.
The '151 Lashes' is a ass kicker for sure.

who wants to get whipped?
Jeff(btd)

Does anyone know if there is a way to walk from one side of the freeway to the other side from the Crowne Plaza. Like is there a pedestrian underpass or overpass somewhere? Or is driving the only way to get from one side to the other?

theres a overpass on one end of the circle and a underpass on the other
its a little bit of a walk if your staying directly accross from the Crowne Plaza
you can google map it and get a better idea

S

Book em Dan-O .............We are booked and looking forward to it. We've been twice before ,but never stayed at the Crown Plaza.

4 months & counting! We're working on a few surprises for our wares again this year.

C

Is there a sketch or anything about the mug for this year yet? I booked my room but I am waiting on getting my tickets booked because I can't decide if I want/need the mug. Money is tight so I was hoping to see before purchase

On 2010-04-19 18:59, vintagegirl wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a way to walk from one side of the freeway to the other side from the Crowne Plaza. Like is there a pedestrian underpass or overpass somewhere? Or is driving the only way to get from one side to the other?

yeah they need a Mid Block waling bridge to go over the freeway.
and driving isn't always a good idea,
as you are either too intoxicated,
or if you move your car, you will lose your spot.

Jeff(btd)

On 2010-04-20 08:36, catmomma wrote:
Is there a sketch or anything about the mug for this year yet? I booked my room but I am waiting on getting my tickets booked because I can't decide if I want/need the mug. Money is tight so I was hoping to see before purchase

I sent an email to Otto with that same question. Still waiting to hear from him. It said something on the site about it being a chalice mug! I cant help but picture Lil John drinking his crunk juice out of a T.O. 10 Munktiki mug.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaa!

The mugs never dissapoint, so im sure it will be a no brainer once we see them!

[ Edited by: Mongoloid 2010-04-20 12:03 ]

C

On 2010-04-19 14:08, bigtikidude wrote:

On 2010-04-18 00:59, Tiki Trav wrote:

Yay!! Trav is comin back.

as for liver in Training,
I was just at Kick the Reverb's place this weekend,
and helping him with a new drink for this year.
The '151 Lashes' is a ass kicker for sure.

who wants to get whipped?
Jeff(btd)

BTD - We're still getting the booking finalized, but we are planning to do several Ding Dong Devils suite parties again--and "Yes Master" by the Whips is definitely going to be on the set list again (complete with Nepheria wielding her whip). If KTR is up for it, maybe we could coordinate a special brewing of 151 Lashes in conjunction!

Caltiki Brent

On 2010-04-19 18:59, vintagegirl wrote:

We stayed at the Vagabond Inn last year, at the Southeast end of the circle.

It was a bit of a walk from the Vagabond, anywhere from 20 -30 minutes each way. We used the underpass on the East end.

Like others have mentioned, there is an overpass on the West end. At least one side of Hotel Circle has a sidewalk.

YEAHHHHH!
After missing Oasis last year, I jumped on the chance to book our room already! Room crawls here we come!!

See ya!
Myke

K
kirby posted on Tue, Apr 20, 2010 6:58 PM

Im not sure if it was already asked, But is there a planned car show this year??

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.