Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis 10 official thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 319 replies

Okay so being this is my first TIKI OASIS I want to know how far the Bali Hai is from the main hotel that we're all staying at. Would it make more sense to share a cab or walk? I can drive there but I can't say that I'll be in any condition to drive back.

Eric

[ Edited by: Savage Tiki 2010-04-25 23:49 ]

[ Edited by: Savage Tiki 2010-04-25 23:50 ]

its about 7 miles or so,
you wouldn't want to walk.

either cab it, or car pool over there.
good luck.

Jeff(btd)

M

on NO! I love taking the bus there and back so much fun. oh well, cab it is then. it's really not that far to take a cab, but the bus is such a blast!

Any news/previews of the mug for this year yet?

Z

Tiki Oasis 10.
All I can say is...
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
~Zero

T

We are 2 tiki lovers living in Arkansas and are all booked and ready for a great time at Tiki Oasis 10! Anybody else coming from Arkie? Looking forward to meeting some of you in August.
twotikis :tiki:

saw this in one of Otto's e-mails he send out.

"The Crowne Plaza is sold out on Friday and Saturday Aug 20/21, but you can still book in on Wed, Thu, or Sun."

Wow!!!
Jeff(btd)

Jeff, saw that also. Didn't take long this year!
Can't wait!!

P

Sold out already?

Oh well. Final proof that Tiki Oasis has just gotten too big.

TL

Piphirho, WOW! I kind of agree it's getting crazy..

I have been trying to send a questionto the main Oasis site for a couple of weeks, and am getting no love from the 'Contact Us' page (it keeps crashing...meh). I am interested in booth prices for the oasis this year. I would like to sell my art at TO 10, if there is still room, as I was too late last year. Any ideas, Mister Otto?

~ZeroTiki

J

On 2010-04-30 11:00, ZeroTiki wrote:
I have been trying to send a questionto the main Oasis site for a couple of weeks, and am getting no love from the 'Contact Us' page (it keeps crashing...meh). I am interested in booth prices for the oasis this year. I would like to sell my art at TO 10, if there is still room, as I was too late last year. Any ideas, Mister Otto?

~ZeroTiki

Send a message to Baby Doe at [email protected]. She'll get back to you. Make sure you put "Oasis vending query" in the subject line of your email, and let her know you've had problems submitting your question through the website.

Z

Thanks, Jen!

O
Otto posted on Fri, Apr 30, 2010 10:23 PM

On 2010-04-26 15:06, chrisandsarahb wrote:

I will post a pic of the sculpt for the mug early next week (tue/wed)

Mahalo Otto!

Just called the Bali Hai and they're no longer taking reservations for the 19th....walk-ins welcome of course...

TO 10 all ready off the hook

Z

::insert mental image of me doing the 'I just bought my tickets' dance here::

Wahnaheemahoohaladaquackafroonamohle!

:D :D :D :D :D
--Now I have to make a New jacket for the Oasis!

~Zero

We just finalized our three new t-shirt designs for TO 10! Counting down the days!

C

When are the symposiums tickets gonna be available? I check about 5x a day!

M

I saw this on Facebook...

the Oasis 10 Goblet.

On 2010-04-30 22:23, Otto wrote:

On 2010-04-26 15:06, chrisandsarahb wrote:

I will post a pic of the sculpt for the mug early next week (tue/wed)

Hey Otto Being that I've shelled out for the VIP ticket I'm a hankering for the big reveal. I know that you're over worked and under paid and I appreciate all your efforts immensely but how's the pic of the sculpt coming along?
Yes, I know that I'm a bit impatient when it comes to things like this. Hey, I think that microwave burritos take too long. I want everything to be like the Star Trek food replicators. Instant gratification.

O
Otto posted on Mon, May 31, 2010 11:10 PM

I'll do you one better than a recent sculpt! Here is the first test glazed sample. Hope you like it!

[ Edited by: Otto 2010-05-31 23:13 ]

Nice! Love the design! Glad I ordered one!

That baby would sure look nice in gold!

K

Or, since the 10th anniversary is traditionally tin, maybe a metallic silver?

R

bummer these are sold out..i wish i knew there was a cut off date or amount of mugs .when i reserved my room.

M

On 2010-05-31 23:10, Otto wrote:
I'll do you one better than a recent sculpt! Here is the first test glazed sample. Hope you like it!

[ Edited by: Otto 2010-05-31 23:13 ]

ooo pretty, don't have anything that looks like that in my collection (YET)

T

Looks great, Otto. Thanks for giving us a peek!

L

This will be my first Oasis..I am super stoked!!

After meeting so many of you SoCal kids up here at Tikiyaki it will be great to party with you again.

Also I can not wait to put names to faces of some of you folks I "know" only online.

Counting down the days!!

L

I was so excited I double posted :)

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-06-04 13:28 ]

Got a room for the whole weekend! Really looking forward to the great Tiki Oasis!

R

Anybody got the number or the website address for that Motel 6 next door?

O
Otto posted on Mon, Jun 7, 2010 11:55 PM

On 2010-06-04 15:37, rugbymatt wrote:
Anybody got the number or the website address for that Motel 6 next door?

Don't stay at that dive!

We have a deal at the Kings Inn across the way for $99 and they are running a shuttle

and there is a Super 8 motel a block further down the road from Motel 6

Yes that Motel 6 is where I go to smoke crack, shoot people just for fun because I love the movie The Most Dangerous Game.
and rob hookers for quarters to use in the Magic Fingers!

So I really don't recommend staying there! unless you got tons of cash & drugs for me to rip off!
(Otto is correct,It really is a dive!)
:P :P :P :P :P

Getting so excited! The mugs look great!

[ Edited by: nkash001 2010-06-10 11:32 ]

B

Hi everybody ! New member here, stumbled across this FANTASTIC site by accident and am SO glad to have found it, what an incredible wealth of information and ohana ! Of course being a "noob" here I was overjoyed to see the TikiOasis 10 event is in my hometown of San Diego !! I wouldn't miss this event for anything. If any of you "far away" folks need local info I will do my best to help - just ask !

Hope to see you all there !

Mahalo nui loa !
Ukulele Rob

Z
zond2 posted on Sun, Jun 13, 2010 7:27 AM

It's time to move spritely and with great alacrity for Symposia tickets sre for sale now!

Z
zond2 posted on Sun, Jun 13, 2010 8:58 PM

Ummm...
Well they were earlier today.

T

I'm Locked & Loaded for TO10 but I'm having trouble purchasing symposium tickets. I get directed back to the main page. Anyone know why? Last year a page popped up where I purchased tickets.

Tiki Fig

I was going to say I too booked a room at the Kings Inn when the tickets first went on sale.. I got a good deal for the weekend too!

I hope we can do our own ROOM CRAWL!

J

On 2010-06-14 14:50, thequin wrote:
I'm Locked & Loaded for TO10 but I'm having trouble purchasing symposium tickets. I get directed back to the main page. Anyone know why? Last year a page popped up where I purchased tickets.

Tiki Fig

Symposium tickets are not yet available for sale. The schedule and prices are on the website, but the producers are still working out details with the ticket vendor. Stay tuned here on TC, on Facebook, and on Twitter for the latest updates. We'll post when symposium tickets are available for purchase.

Cheers,
JenTiki (Tiki Oasis Social Media Maven)

DZ

On 2010-06-14 15:53, JenTiki wrote:

Symposium tickets are not yet available for sale. The schedule and prices are on the website, but the producers are still working out details with the ticket vendor. Stay tuned here on TC, on Facebook, and on Twitter for the latest updates. We'll post when symposium tickets are available for purchase.

Cheers,
JenTiki (Tiki Oasis Social Media Maven)

Ummm... really?? I bought my symposium tickets online yesterday - holding my PayPal receipt in my hand as I type!

(BTW - somebody REALLY needs to update the artist & performer bios on the Oasis site; some of them are quite out of date...)

J

Me and my fam were lucky enough to get a balcony room facing the pool this year. We just got a whole bunch of stuff at the dollar tree to decorate it. But IDK what floor we're on, hopefully not to high. Last year we were on the second floor and that worked out really nice, especially since Shag was my neighbor lol.

Z
zond2 posted on Mon, Jun 14, 2010 6:11 PM

Me too.
I purchased my tickets and have the PayPal reciept in my hand as well.

T

Well,

As I said, I've been trying for days without success. Strange. Hopefully it will work for me soon.

I've been collecting dead crabs, rotting sand crabs, and barnacle covered driftwood for my balcony. I hope the neighbors don't mind the oceany smell. Not sure if I should bring the bird skeletons, and shark bitten seals though?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 319 replies