The Lurid Low-Brow "Tiki Art" of Brad Tiki-Shark Parker

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 197 replies

"Hawaii-ween"
acrylic on canvas

"Beyond the Reef"
24" x 36"
Acrylic on canvas

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-13 22:54 ]

Very nice!!!!

"Tales from the Tiki Lounge #7 (The Secret cove)
12" x 17"
Giclee on gallery wrapped canvas
1 of 1

"Hawaiian Eye"
20" x 24"
Acrylic on canvas

This painting is part of my "Tales from the Tiki Lounge" art show held at Los Angeles "La Luz De Jesus Gallery" 2012 July 6th - July 29th.

It also won entry into...

"SPECTRUM 19: the years best in contemproary fantastic art". The book "SPECTRUM 19" will be on sale in all major book stores nov 2012.
Excited and happy to be spreading the surreal tiki culture through this venue!
ALOHA!

Kon-Tiki Dream
24" x 30"
acrylic on canvas

A-LO-HA Tiki Tribe!

"BONGO CAT"
24" x 30"
Acrylic on Canvas
$5,000.00
SOLD
For your approval, you can lay an eye ball on the real thing before it is swept away into a private art collection in So Cal by going to the gallery that will be showing it during the month o' July. "La Luz De Jesus" Gallery in LA. Opening night '(always tiki-rific fun treat at THIS low-brow infamous gallery a few doors down fro the Tiki Ti!) is Friday July 6th, 2012!

I'm coming from my lava spurting paradise to be there 4 U! Hope to C U there 2!
ALOHA!

A-Lo-Ha Tiki Tribe!

"Tales from the Tiki Lounge: Tiki Cat"
Limited edition one of one
signed
giclee on canvas

see more at the TIKI ART show this July at La Luz de Jesus Gallery in Hollywood California.
http://www.laluzdejesus.com
opening night is Friday July 6th

ALOHA!
b Tiki-shark P

See you TONIGHT Brad!
Will have Doug and Toe in TOW!
big grins ahead!

LLT - you R da' BEST!
I sold not "put all my art out there with out all the aloha I get from you, and the tiki tribe! Big Mahalo! See you at the art show! Hope you dig my own strange vision of our tiki-culture ... as seen from an active volcano, through my rum soaked eyes!
A-LO-HA!
Brado

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Here's my newest homage to Pop Culture: a mix of "Stake Board Culture, Low-Brow Culture & Tiki culture"!
The Custom Skate Decks were the big hit of the LA Luz de Jesus Gallery Art show! I think all these "out-sider arts" flow together in their own magical mix of underground rare art artifacts. Big Thanks to all the aloha and support, and appreciation of something I thought would be fun and unique! (and big BIG thanks to my Hollywood Art director & Gothic vampire, Kevin - the coolest underground LA skate board maker stalking the night beaches!) and special thanks to curator Matt Kennedy and Gallery Owner Billy Shire (the father of the Low-Brow West Coast art scene) for believing in me and my tiki-world vision.

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Recently I had the great honor to be asked to be included in the book "SURF ART" by Korero Press. It's a great art book with a collection of over 250 color pages Featuring the giants in the Surf Art field like Rick Rietveld, Thor and Tom Laura (aka Big Toe) and (somehow I got asked to be in it too! So there's a nice spread of Brad Tiki-shark Parker as well.) Big Aloha to Jim Phillips and Yahya El-Drroubie. This is a fantastic, beautifully produced book of the best surf art from around the globe.

the cover

me

more me
aloha!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-08-05 06:02 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Tiki VS Godzilla
24" x 30'
acrylic on canvas

This may be the first time I've ever rooted against Godzilla! (even when he fought with king kong)

Wasn't able to make your show, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to swing by Wacko yesterday and take a look at your pieces still up in the hall. Your art and tiki are well suited together. Thanks for sharing.

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Thanks guys! I think Godzilla and the Tiki will knock each other round a bit, but call it a draw after a few Mai Tais... N' glad you got into to WACKO to see the the birthplace of the LOW BROW ART movement! Love dat place!

"Hawaiian Eye - Episode II"

"Hawaiian Eye - Episode II"

This painting was a commission, and I really threw everything I had into it, to make it better than the first one, which was a real favorite so I know I was gonna have to work darned hard. Quite a challenge, these commissions can be. I don't want to step backwards and just paint the same things, but make each one better and better... keep learning to become a better artist. Even my Agent was a bit concerned I was spending too much time on it, but the results were hard to argue with. A huge relief for me when it came out as it did!
MAhalo!
B tiki Shark P

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

HAve an art show this October , 2012. And These are the best flyers I think I've made yet... after several tries, I think I finally made one that came out darned nice - better than I thought it would. Could have been the printer, but maybe - I hope_ I'm learning a little more with each show.

It's heart breaking when you work real hard, and your ads or flyers come out ... oh, looking dull, or too dark, or with the incorrect dates or times... all kinds of things go wrong. But, these babies... I finally got 'em right! (Yipee!)

Happy Halloween Haunting!:
Here's the gallery info:
http://www.wylandbigisland.com/
Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Kailua Kona, HI 96740-1782
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Toll Free – (888) 435-6612

aloha tiki tribe!
So...every year I enter the SPECTRUM art contest. I've been lucky enough to get 1 piece excepted in each year...this year I was once again smiled upon by the tiki gods and won entry into the big beautiful art book "SPECTRUM 19 The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art" ... but this year, I... finally... was reproduced not on a quarter of the page...but I got a whole darned page to my self! Whoo-Hoo!!! (HA! I say, HA HA! To all those glum types who sez "Tiki is a fad on the way out"? WHAT? This shure looks like the art scene of 2013/14 is sitting up and taking notice of TIKI!)

SPECTRUM 19 - the cover on the left, and on page 198 is ...

"Hawaiian Eye"
24" x 30"
acrylic on canvas

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-12-15 18:12 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
I went over to the gallery today and showed SPECTRUM 19 to Mark Hanna, the owner. I owe Mark for all his Aloha and Support he's given me, plus showcasing my art in his gallery - a gallery really not known for showing "tiki-Art" or "Outsider Art" or "Low-Brow Art" ... it's the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery and it's known for showing the art of Wyland, (dolphins, & Whales & Sea Turtles, and like that, and Wyland's amazing bronze sculptures of the same creatures), plus, the gallery shows some other artists who paint landscapes and seascapes and, very well done, but very "safe", middle-of-the-road, paintings that would appeal to tourists. And offend no one.

Then, one day, Abbas set up a meeting with me and Abbas & Mark. I always recall, after I did my dog & pony show and showed my art, and said things about "Tiki.-Culture" ... Mark got a mischievous look on his face after a while, and he smiled, and said; "Sure, I can show that!"

Here's me & the Spectrum 19 book, and Mark, and a limited edition of "Hawaiian Eye".

Here's where you can still get hard cover versions of the art book: http://www.amazon.com/Spectrum-19-Best-Contemporary-Fantastic/dp/1599290642/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355736607&sr=8-1&keywords=spectrum+19+hardcover

75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email – [email protected]

Big Aloha, and Thanks!
B~

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-07-28 12:45 ]

Hey Brad, will you ever sell prints of "Tiki vs Godzilla" or "Hawaii-ween"?? I'd buy both.

[ Edited by: ToddVegas 2013-01-24 14:44 ]

[ Edited by: ToddVegas 2013-01-27 23:33 ]

H

wow, what a talent. i enjoyed viewing and being completely mesmorizedby all of your fantastic work, may the big Tiki bestoe you with wealth and health always ,your creativity is over the top!!.....Phil - Tiki carver,San Carlos Pk. Fla

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Thanks!
Heres some current work - pencil studies for tiki mugs to come out mid 2013.

Body Glove Tiki Mug

Body Glove Tiki Mug view 2

Body Glove Sea Creature tiki mug

Body Glove Sea Creature view 2

SHARK-TIKI tiki mug

SHARK-TIKI tiki mug view 2
These are all based on a tiki-art painting I did that was inspired by a short surf/monster movie from Greg Browning and Body Glove Entertainment. Here's a link to the film:
http://surf.transworld.net/1000151561/videos/imaginarium-body-gloves-the-disappearance/
Greg Browning, the big green guy, and me.

On 2013-01-24 14:44, ToddVegas wrote:
Hey Brad, will you ever sell prints of "Tiki vs Godzilla" or "Hawaii-ween"?? I'd buy both.

[ Edited by: ToddVegas 2013-01-24 14:44 ]

[ Edited by: ToddVegas 2013-01-27 23:33 ]

YES! All my work is for sale as high quality prints. Paper or canvas. Personal message me to ask.

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE

Original pencil on paper drawing in a sketch book.

T
Tabu posted on Sun, Feb 3, 2013 5:28 AM

This guy is siiicckkk. Right out of the worst neighborhood on Kong Island. I'm in love.

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

The Body Glove Sea Creature
24" x 30"
Acrylic on canvas

Detail

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

A few more brush strokes...

Aloha Tiki Tribe

"Tiki on da' Beach"
12" x 12"
Acrylic on canvas

Looks good inside...

and outside!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Many of my tiki brothers & sisters have asked about art prints...
so this is to let you know almost all my work is for sale as giclee prints
on canvas and/or paper through my art studio Tiki Shark Art, Inc.
at [email protected]
or

The Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Kailua Kona, Hawaii 96740-1782
USA
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email - [email protected]
or
Email – [email protected]

also, watch the Tiki Central Marketplace for special sales of one of a kind sketches, and calendars, and post cards, and tiki mugs, and all kinds of fun tiki Art swag!
BIg aloha!
B tiki-shark P

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-04-04 04:45 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

"Kon Tiki Dream"
24" x30"
Acrylic on Canvas

Aloha Tiki
Tribe!

"Secret Cove"
24" x 30"
Acrylic on Canvas

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

"Tiger Shark Surfing"
24" x 30"
Acrylic on canvas

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

"Hula Baby"
24" x 30"
Acrylic on canvas

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

"Zombie Tiki Girl"
24" x 36"
Acrylic on canvas

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

"Forbidden Isle"
9" x 11"
Wood Block Print
Hand tinted

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

"Waikiki Mystery"
9" 11"
Wood Block Print
Hand Tinted

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

"Tiki Midnight"
9" x 11"
Wood Block Print
Hand Tinted

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

"Fern Twilight"
9" x 11"
Ink Drawing
computer color

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

"Spirited Away"
Ink Drawing
9" x 11"

Nice to see you dabbling in some Illustration again!

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Atomic Tiki Punk, Ha! You kill me dude! We have the same DVD collection! What happened was I was working with a highly skilled block print maker, who was a purest, and totally "old School"
. Hand carving, and using a museum quality Benjamin Franklin Printing Press to create his Block Prints runs. Unfortunately, his health took a downward turn, and he could not carve with his hands any more. The last two images were my black and white ink drawings waiting to be carved into wood block prints. We had planed out 13 "tiki-noir" images. I colored one image with photo-shop in my computer, then left the other just B & W. We may never see the finish of the "Tiki Noir" series.

However, Tiki / mystery/ pulp fans don't give up hope! I am now working with a published mystery writer who is a tiki fan, and interested in writing a mystery tale that would travel around and through all my paintings in a book of my art. Sort of an "Art Book" combined with a "Tiki Noir" pulp novel. So, we just may get our "Tiki Noir tale" yet.

"Beyond the Reef" made the cover of the local guide book.
Aloha!

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-04-06 20:53 ]

Aloha Fellow Eric October fan/stalkers and Tiki Tribe!
Here is my designs for a Body Glove "Shark-Tiki" tiki mug.

The "Shark-Tiki"

I tried very hard to make this one of my best Tiki Mug designs.

This is the computer mock up. Looks good so far!
The "SHARK-TIKI" tiki mug is the 2nd mug in a 3 mug set done with Body Glove, Tiki Shark Inc. & Tiki Farm.
Release event in Kailua-Kona , at the Royal Kona Resort & the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery, Oct 24th &25th 2013
It's our 2nd annual "Hawaii-Ween Event"
For sale: Mug Set. Event Poster. Art Print. Tee shirts. Tiki Calendars 2014. Cards. Magnets. Screenings of award winning Body Glove Sea Creature surf movie. Body Glove owners there to sign stuff. Me there to sign stuff. Body Glove Sea Creature there to get photos with you. Give aways and prizes. ,more info at http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42660&forum=4&start=15

scroll to bottom for new posts.

ALOHA
Aloha!

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-04-18 03:05 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Here is the final an 3rd mug in the "Body Glove 60th Anniversary / Surf-Sea-Creature film tiki mug set, brought to you y the combination of Tiki-Shark Art, Tiki Farm and Body Glove.

Sea Creature mug design.

Body Glove Sea Creature Tiki Mug designs - other views.
I really went all out and tried to make this set something special

Here is a computer mock up step showing more of what the mag will look like.
I'm very happy with the amazing work Tiki Farm is doing. This mug set should be quite something!

We are planning a big Body Glove Sea Creature ("the Kreature in Kona") tiki mug release party this Oct 24th & 25th here in Kailua-Kona, to take place with Body Glove clebs, art prints, event posters, Tee shits, love music, and the SEA CREATURE HIMSELF! It's take place at the Royal Kona Resort & the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery for our 2nd annual "Hawaii-Ween" event!For more info on this event go to Tiki-Events on the Tiki Central Web Site, scroll to the bottom for newest up dates.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42660&forum=4&start=15&27
Big ALoha!
Brad Tiki-Shark Parker

Aloha tiki Tribe!
Here's the "Shark-Tiki" tiki-mug from 2-D pencil design to 3-D rum container with colors and glazes
big aloha and thanks to everyone who helped out and supported me on this project, like the great folks
at Body Glove, Tiki Farm, The Royal Kona Resort and the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery.

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-07-28 12:41 ]

P

wow...

killer stuff bro...

Aloha tiki Tribe!

Here's what my tiki art looks like hanging in my local gallery... really one of the very few galleies I let carry my work year round. It's here in the small town where I live on the Big Island. The owner and staff didn't know anything about "Tiki-Art" or Pop-Surrealism, or Low Brow. But they learned, and really got behind my work and supported me. Great folks. I love having all the space in the front window they have given me. I'm very honored, really. And it's a hoot watching tourists react to my.. strange, and very TIKI, and very NOT mainstream art in a gallery where you'd never expect to find that. and I think that if you're on vacation and you travel thousands of miles to the Big Island, you should find art here that you can't find in Vegas, or Florida, or a dozen other places... you know? I wanted it to be like the old days when you had to travel all that way to find local artist. Sure, I still sell aq lot on line, but it's cool to have a physical location that really show cases my work in such a out of the way place.
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email - [email protected]

if you find your self 5 thousand miles from the main land, on an active volcanic island, take a look in this Wyland gallery and see in person some Tiki-Art all together you won't find in too many other places.

Aloha tiki Tribe! A swanky french art mag did a piece on me ... it's very cool, but I have no idea what it says!

Aloha Tiki Tribe~
The full house (the full haunted house?) all four monsters plus "Hawaii-Ween" on skate decks, ready to be mounted on da' wall of some art patron's tiki room.

"Our walls just got 5 times cooler! Please tell Abbas thank you for the killer deal on all 5 skate decks. Sending hardware to mount them was an added bonus. I can't wait to get these on the wall. Thanks again."
Thank you'!
ALOHA BP~

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 197 replies