Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce

Pages: 1 5 replies

My wife ordered some Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce at a Pampered Chef party the other night, anyone tried it?

"A tropical mix of pineapple, coconut cream, mango and red pepper, combined with a touch of rum, creates a refreshing, sweet and spicy sauce. Pour it on cream cheese, warm Brie and ice cream, or give a sweet kick to grilled meats and seafood."

How fun!!! I love Pampered Chef....guess I better contact my consultant. Thanks for posting this.

W

With your known cooking skills Mike, I'll bet you could make this from scratch and it'd be better than bottled.

Wonder how much high fructose corn syrup is in it?

Chris

edit: Apparently none from their website...

"Granulated sugar, pineapple juice concentrate, water, crushed pineapple, coconut cream (coconut milk, modified food starch, guar gum and xanthan gum), apricot concentrate, lime juice, chopped mango, modified food starch, crushed red peppers, rum, natural rum flavoring."

http://www.westadad.blogspot.com

[ Edited by: WestADad 2010-06-08 18:43 ]

She went to a party and had to buy something, it was relatively inexpensive and looked good :)

W

On 2010-06-09 06:08, MadDogMike wrote:
She went to a party and had to buy something, it was relatively inexpensive and looked good :)

I hear you there, my wife goes about once a year. I do like the chopper gizmo when I'm in a hurry.

Chris

Pretty tasty stuff, out of the bottle you can taste the pineapple, coconut, and rum and it has a nice little pepper kick. I marinated some pork and chicken in it and then drizzled a little more sauce on after grilling. It was very good with the pineapple and coconut still strong, but the rum and the pepper kick had pretty much burned off.

I also tried some Spicy Pineapple Scallops but that's a different story :lol:

Pages: 1 5 replies