Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Room Crawl Tiki Oasis 2010 Updates First Post pg. 1

Pages: 1 2 3 4 179 replies

V

On 2010-06-25 20:23, Shell in the Pacific wrote:
In an effort to "Go Green" we are asking you to provide your own plastic card protector, card sleeve, an/or card condom and lanyard this year. Thank you for understanding.

Special ID cards! Whoo! I seriously can't wait to see them. I'm sifting thru my collection of ID sleeves from past conventions - all different sizes. Any idea how big the crawl IDs will be?

And if I may trouble you all with another crawl-virgin question, how big of a cup should I bring? I've been told that it is polite to bring your own drinking vessel - but how big should it be?

Mahalo!
Henrik

J
Jetson posted on Wed, Aug 4, 2010 6:31 AM

its official, I will be crawling with a posse of 5 or 6.

C

As Martini BombsHELL mentioned, the Hell on Heels Burlesque Revue will be joining the Ding Dong Devils for our room party in our suite 1649 Saturday night after the main stage entertainment, around 10:30pm (we'll play an opening Ding Dong Devils set, followed by Hell on Heels set, and then we'll do a second DDD set).

We'll also be having a room party Friday at 2:30pm in our suite, with a Ding Dong Devils set.

Needless to say, drinks will be served at both parties, and we will have copies of the brand new Ding Dong Devils' CD "Tassels, Mai-Tais & Mischief" as well as Ding Dong Devils t-shirts.

to summarize:

Friday 8/20 - 2:30pm - suite 1649 - Ding Dong Devils & booze
Saturday 8/21 - 10:30pm - suite 1649 - Ding Dong Devils, Hell on Heels & booze

[ Edited by: congawa 2010-08-12 09:07 ]

C

Also Mrs. Caltiki and I will be crawling - Brent & Christine

tiki thomas ready to crawl! ill be bringing a few tiki oasis virgins with me too!

[ Edited by: tikithomas08 2010-08-04 21:13 ]

drink cards and host cards will be business card size

I will have them available for you to print late next week when all the hosts have spoken up

Crawling again this year....!!!!! Woo hoo

would you like names of non TCers planning on crawling?

L

Looking forward to my first room crawlin experience at Tiki Oasis! Please count me and my friends in for crawling (a total of 5).

I'm crawling in a crew of five.

[ Edited by: Iniquitiki 2010-08-06 08:34 ]

You can up the count by two. AceyTiki and I (we've already been counted) will have two newbies joining us.

I'm surprised none of the hosts have posted details of their room parties. I know last year was over the top with the pajama party and guest bartenders and bands, but not a peep this year. I know I should put my $ where my mouth is, but just can't afford to host this year. Just sayin' the anticipation is half of the fun and details or sneak peeks help rev up enthusiasm.

I have heard that Blair Reynolds (Trader Tiki Syrups) is involved in a crawl room or two and in Martin's Rum Punch symposium. I've also heard a rumble or two about one or two of the suite parties. But really no banging of the drum.

ill be crawling in a group of 5

B

Hey there gracious crawl hosts, I'll be crawling for sure, and I'll just bet that my fellow glass-vending tent mates, Velvet Glass, will be joining us, too.
So make that three to crawl.
I'm gettin' thirsty thinking about it!

Cheers!

Bodhi Boy

TWO

The Tiki Underground and Smugglers Cove WILL be hosting after hours parties Friday and Saturday in our 7th floor suites (yes, 2 suites).

Pajama party? YES

Delicious drinks? YES

Live Music? YES

Cool flyer to be posted here soon??? Were workin' on it.

J

I'll be crawlin'.

I here by officially announce my intention to crawl!...with one buddy in tow...

M

On 2010-08-07 06:10, Tai Won On wrote:
The Tiki Underground and Smugglers Cove WILL be hosting after hours parties Friday and Saturday in our 7th floor suites (yes, 2 suites).

Pajama party? YES

Delicious drinks? YES

Live Music? YES

Cool flyer to be posted here soon??? Were workin' on it.

Final details being hammered out now! Stay tuned- it will be worth the wait!!!

MM

Moai Matt and Maui Mary would like to room crawl at this year's Oasis.
Will we be able to print the crawl badge from this site? How do we get ours? (Last time they were all handed out before we could pick ours up.)

Thanks,
Moai Matt

We're in! The wife and I are finally crawlin this year. Our 4th OASIS but, our first with no kids. We are way overdue.
Okole Maluna, Elena and Slinger

Rum & Rummer (that's me and the misses... I need to change my T.C. user name ) plus a couple of stowaways from The Apollo Four (Scot & Juliee) will be crawling around on Friday & Saturday nights.
Looking forward to the fun and debauchery!

I
IKABOD posted on Sun, Aug 8, 2010 5:23 PM

I'm crawlin. Been doing the job search so much forgot about Tiki Oasis!

JB

I crawl.

I will have card design available for print this week, just keep hope some more crawlers will gang up and host I believe we have 5 or six hosts most of which are after parties making the day dry...if you plan on hosting and havnt spoken up please pm me or post here asap

O
Otto posted on Tue, Aug 10, 2010 2:01 AM

TOWER SUITE AVAILABLE AT TIKI OASIS

Through a mix up I just discovered that we have a tower suite available on sixth floor! Even if you do not want to host a big room party you might want to get this with a few friends:

2 standard rooms flank a large party room with large balcony facing golf course, one fully private room on each side. Suite has its own bathroom and can sleep 2-6 people

Minimum booking is Fri and Sat nights. Price is $550 night, or $183 per room?

If you want to stay at the Crowne Plaza you gotta book this
contact me directly at [email protected] or call me
415-335-1624

Drew Groove & Dana from Portland will be crawling. Is there really an official crawl card? There has always been talk of such things, but in all the years I have never really seen it actually in use. At any rate, once again, we will be making many a room party scene and would like to be on any crawl list / card / etc. Looking forward to see many of you again!

[ Edited by: drewgroove 2010-08-10 16:02 ]

Put Marci & Austin from Portland on the list too

tks!

Forbidden Island and Thor/ Taboo Island are proud to announce:

"The Art of Tiki" sip and shop experience, sponsored by Zaya Rum. Friday 4-6pm

Join Suzanne of Forbidden Island, Max from Taboo Island, Thor from the ThorStore, Gecko and two other artists from Hawaii and of course, the fabulous Zaya Rum for an unsurpassed cocktail hour at Tiki Oasis: The Art of Tiki.

Tiki is art, in many forms - the stunning carvings of a talented chiseler, the sculpting hands of a master mug maker, the exact moment captured by the swift click of the lens, the glowing paint strokes of an enchanted brush, and the potent libations of the feverish mixologist.  Don't miss this fantastic party in the Taboo Island poolside suite as the works of all of these talented artists are showcased and the Zaya rum flows...  also on display will be the fantastic cocktail photographs by Paul McMillan and Gabriel Hurley of Zero Coordinate, Inc. that have been recently featured on the Forbidden Island website.

We'll see you on the Island AWAY from the Island!

[ Edited by: Molokai Mike 2010-08-10 13:32 ]

Yay!!!!

I will be there...

the syrups will be there...

soon, we will all be there...

Aloha! Tangaroa-ru from Tiki Magazine checking in! I'm still going to be hosting AND crawling! BUT... I'm still not sure if my room hosting party will be Friday night or Saturday night yet. (It all depends on how much I get done on Friday when I check in!) So be on the lookout for my flyers posted around the Oasis walls! Hmmm. Can I top last year's Mai Tai jello?! Well, come on by and see for yourself! Prepare to be surprised, amused and, dare I say, a little bit educated with my 2010 Oasis concoction. Oh, I said "educated", didn't I? I probably just lost half of you by using that word. But it's Tiki-education, so it will be FUN!

One more Tiki Magazin-er checking in for the crawl!! I'm gonna drink till it's Tiki Oasis 11!

On 2010-08-10 16:14, Easter Island Elvis wrote:
One more Tiki Magazin-er checking in for the crawl!! I'm gonna drink till it's Tiki Oasis 11!

Matthew is that YOU? Can't wait to see you!

add Candy and Stu on that crawl list too!

Oasis first timer here...
Would love to be added to the crawl!

On 2010-08-10 16:50, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:

Matthew is that YOU? Can't wait to see you!

Yep, its me! I cant wait to see what you whip up this year...your last year's drink was the best!

[/quote
YAY Matt cant wait to see you!

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.