I loved Lost in Paradise.

WHERE IS CHRIS? no more L.I.P. shows? WTF

On 2011-12-14 21:42, JOHN-O wrote:
I miss "Lost in Paradise". :(

yes I do to,
but if there is no money, and hardly no views,
I can't blame him for stopping it.

He said the ones that he did of the SG101 convention,
got waaaay more views than the tiki event ones did.
;-/

Jeff(btd)

Damn! First time I checked these out. What a great idea. Hopefully, he'll get enough support to do more.

What? LIP was all a scam to make money? I thought it was a labor of love that he was hoping to make a little money on. If it's only about the number of views and making money, maybe he should start filming a bunch of jack@$$ type stunts, kick soccer balls at stuffed angry birds, and ask why charlie bit him. We've said it before....tiki is not mainstream. If everyone quits putting out tiki stuff because they're not making money...I have a feeling that a lot of the "low brow" artists and musicians/bands should switch professions/topics, too. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't make it about the money.

I love LIP and want more. Cali and the other locations covered in LIP is a little distance from my particular geographic location. LIP fills the void that is missing. We have the BOT, music of tiki, etc....what's missing is a consistent view of tiki. I'd like more LIP, please.

[ Edited by: LoungeShark 2011-12-16 06:49 ]

I agree, we need to support the "Tiki Revival" or it will wither away.
If money is the reason you participate then, someones making poor choices.

Whoa. First off, thank you all for your heart felt comments. I miss the show as well. I believe I owe you all an explanation. We had a great run, that lasted little over a year. LIP started as a fun little hobby with a little toy Flip Camera. Over time, our production values went up and we strived to make it a regular show. Our equipment costs went up (still paying some of it off), editing time went up (easily 16-20 hours per episode), work load went up (if you ever saw us filming at an event, you know its non stop) It ended up being a part time job with no pay. In fact, we were losing money producing the show.

We were not looking to make money with the show, just fund it to keep it going. We brainstormed and explored many options to bring in revenue to support the show: Company Sponsorships (many loved the show, but either had no sponsorship money or weren't interested because of the "low view count", Awesome Appleton Estate Rum came on board with us a couple times) Advertising Space, Artist Donations, etc... Our Youtube channel got monetized which we thought would help. So far all the LIP episodes have generated $23.16 and they'll cut us check when it reaches 100 bucks, nice.....I think I'll disable that. In the end, $0.

So, in essence, it was a one man show which was A LOT of work that not many were watching and was making us broke. So the show got canceled. I wish I could've figured out a way to keep it alive. Thanks again for tuning in to all the adventures. Cheers and continue to get Lost In Paradise!

J

Thank you Chris !!

2011 was easily the best documented Tiki year from a multimedia internet perspective. ALL of the major events were covered including the very first Mojave Oasis, Tiki Caliente, Hukilau (!!), Tiki Oasis and 2 of BTD's Surf events. You did a fantastic job in capturing the essence of each event (especially Mojave) and I'll keep returning to them to relive the fun memories.

:)

Don't be a Tiki stranger...

Sorry Chris, my money remark was not directed at you, but at the earlier remark
on the thread, I know you did not do it for profit & just tried to cover expenses
we do miss LIP though.

But look forward to just seeing you two at events!

I've done some filming and editing before - I know that an hour or more of work per minute of finished product is not uncommon. Maybe you can scale back and just hit the highlights?

Be good to yourself and to the ones you love
Life is short, smile while you still have your teeth.

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2011-12-16 17:17 ]

TM

Anyone outright hiring Chris to document tiki events will be assured they are getting quality work. Wev'e all seen what he can do!

Chris,

Thank you for making it possible to virtually attend all those fabulous 2011 Tiki events that I couldn't be present for in person, plus relive the fun for those that I could. I know that you selflessly devoted a lot of personal effort and time to make it so. Hope to see you having some fun at the 2012 events yet to come.

-Tom

I sure enjoyed your productions, but I hope to see you at tiki events relaxing with a cold drink from now on. I know it must have been a lot of work on your part with little time to enjoy the tiki ohana. So I hope to see you at Mojave Oasis with a drink in your hand instead of a microphone. Mahalo Brah.

Chris - Hopefully my comments didn't offend you in any way. I was speaking as if you weren't in it for the money. Your love and passion was evident with EVERY episode which is why it will be missed so much. Like others have said, if there's anyway to keep some version going - cut back on the "professionalism" per se (which translates into cutting back in the editing, etc.), then do it. LIP was filling a void that's missing in this day of digital wonders and flipcams. I'm actually surprised there's not more vidcasts like LIP at Tiki events. It seems like a natural fit. The characters and activities are already larger than life. It'll be a shame that nobody is documenting it. I say all this to say, if you want to cut back on the effort, that's your right. I can dig it and wish you nothing but the best. BUT, if you happen to have your iPhone on you the next time you're at some cool tiki event and want to record and post it unedited....then heck, do that, too (PLEASE). That's still better than everything else on youtube. In the meantime, I'll be playing the lottery and if I hit it big, you'll be the first one I'll sponsor so you can keep the fun coming. Thanks for all the fun!

Some of these comments make me a little sad....
No one has a problem droppin $$$$ for a "Tiki" CD or print/art, bidding up a mug on the e-bay or payin to much for an event/mug.

But I guess Chris being "just" one of us shouldn't make any dime seeing as he isn't one of the "Tiki Artists"....had I known there was a way to pay I would have thrown you a little scratch, I haven't seen anything past this years Caliente.

From what I have seen of him at the events I went to he put in as much work or more than the music artists that got paid!

Just callin it like I see it...

The Moai are marching westward... FOM FOM FOM FOM

[ Edited by: Beach Bum Scott 2011-12-18 06:44 ]

Preach on Brother Scott,
gonna miss the show Chris, but hope to see ya at events occasionally.

Jeff(btd)

T

Nice work on what you accomplished! Not only are you both super nice, but also did a great job with these videos. Most interests and passions will lead to something, if not only the memories will be worth it alone. Thanks so much for your commitment to the community! Thanks and Aloha!

Mahaloz Guys, Merry Christmas!

[ Edited by: chrisandsarahb 2012-01-31 11:24 ]

That's Funny!

T

I agree,LIP was great. It will be missed. Hopefully you'll still come around Chris, even it it's without a camera

............fires are lighting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn8pvQSgEDk

Hot damn. Z

Nice effect Chris, I like it.

Phoenix Rising?

A couple of logs have been placed on the fire.....will there be a 3rd Season of Lost In Paradise???? Do you want to help us get the fire blazing!!! Help LIP drive up our view count, rewatch an old episode or share a favorite episode with your friends. Bored or at work, do you ever want get lost.......click on a bunch of episode links, lol.

Oh man. I'm getting stoked (bad pun). So how much do I have to re-watch to get you credit? I'm thinking I just start running it in the background ALL DAY while at work. Ah heck, who'm I kidding....there won't be any work getting done.

MY favorite episode (of course)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyCLGtFeL2s

it is a really good one Poly Pop,
just watched it again yesterday.

of course this one is my favorite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahT2F1ufOVs&feature=related
but I am a bit Biased.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2012-02-03 19:54 ]

well those two are good, but this is my favorite...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrWqnTLhhRE

That's my favorite too because I'm in it. (I'm the dorky looking haole in between the two handsome Asian guys :D )

But this one is Messed Up, Totally F.U.B.A.R.
who is that ass talking crazy shit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Thk_EyYp9Y

TM

Still my favorite, because I am in it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwStdTMriOw

But my all time favorite was the one where we all went to Vegas
and then the dead hooker and.......oh yea? I wasn't supposed to talk about that one

never mind!......

of course here is another one that I am happy that Chris filmed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0g44IIBx8A&list=UUm0mEb-8lj8XsBaXxMUSYqg&index=36&feature=plcp

I'm so stoaked that you guys actually have favorite episodes. This makes me happy beyond belief. We are frantically trying to "Kick Start" a third season. Thank you all for your input, help and interest in the show as we seek to find what is Paradise?

I like pretty much all of them, but my favorites are...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4UbVBBA40I&list=UUm0mEb-8lj8XsBaXxMUSYqg&index=33&feature=plcp

Seeing all the cool tiki swag by the vendors, the Hula Girls in the elevator.... just cool.

And all of the Hukilau coverage starting with the kick off episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yxGLrEobRE&list=UUm0mEb-8lj8XsBaXxMUSYqg&index=15&feature=plcp

[ Edited by: chrisandsarahb 2012-09-01 09:12 ]

a totally worthy cause,
I will donate to get it up n going again.

Jeff(btd)

Sandra and I kicked in. Best cause I've seen in awhile. Zach

Mahaloz BTD, Zach and Sandra! Its day 2 of the campaign, and were already 11% funded! Rad!

Lost In Paradise is infiltrating Tiki Oasis 12!

[ Edited by: chrisandsarahb 2012-09-01 09:11 ]

13% Funded! Totally Rad! Big mahaloz to all the backers so far. Will there be a 3rd Season of LIP???

Bump

Who wants a 3rd season of "Lost in Paradise"?

Mahaloz and Cheers

H

On 2012-08-09 08:25, chrisandsarahb wrote:
13% Funded! Totally Rad! Big mahaloz to all the backers so far. Will there be a 3rd Season of LIP???

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/227150295/lost-in-paradise

One week to go!

Well, our Tiki Oasis Spy Clip experiment was a bust. We didn't get one clip emailed to the command center, lol. Must've been the rum....or T.I.K.I.

[ Edited by: chrisandsarahb 2012-09-01 09:13 ]

Lost In Paradise: Backyard Update!

[ Edited by: chrisandsarahb 2012-09-01 09:11 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 332 replies