Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Vic's LA new tiki mug

Pages: 1 9 replies

Has anyone else tried to order the new "limited edition" tiki mug that Trader Vic's LA recently advertised?? I received an e-mail from them notifying me of the new mug (Which is just a green version of "The Big Kahuna"), and, after checking to see that it was real, immediately ordered the mug on July 14th. To date, however, I have yet to receive either:

1. the mug;
  2. a confirmation/order number for the mug;
    or
  3. a reply to my inquiries using the "contact us" button on their website.

I am getting a bit frustrated here with them, as I am currently out $26.98 for the mug and shipping, and have nothing yet to show for it.

Thanks for any info/comments anyone can give.

A

Couple of questions:

1. Has the charge shown up on your credit card statement? If not, at least you haven't lost any money. If it has, then you have proof of purchase to show TV

2. Have you tried calling the restaurant? Seems that if emails aren't working, using the old fashioned telephone might be your best option.

I was there 3 weeks ago, and I didn't see a new mug in use, so I guess TV doesn't have them, either.

C

Yeah - just give them a call & I'm sure they'll straighten it out.

And, yes, they do have the mugs - I was there last Friday & they had them in stock.

D

Don't know about the mugs, but if you're in L.A., why would you have it shipped? Wouldn't it be prudent to show up in person and get it 'tested' with an appropriate beverage for leaks and serviceability???

Just sayin'...

[ Edited by: surfalaia 2010-09-27 00:04 ]

E
ebtiki posted on Mon, Aug 2, 2010 4:02 PM

Could someone please post a pix and the details of this mug?
(I live on the east coast and have to order these by mail, but don't remember seeing a new mug.)
Big mahalos!
Eric

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g39/iamtikiman/TVlagreen.jpg

pretty nifty if you ask me!

Trader Vic’s; Los Angeles, CA

Design: The Big Kahuna II (new double flaired rim version- All text now on front - new glaze)

Designer: Marcus Pizzuti

end transmission

DARK&TIKI

[ Edited by: carlosrossi 2010-08-02 16:09 ]

E
ebtiki posted on Mon, Aug 9, 2010 1:20 PM

I just heard from someone at TV's: mugs are being shipped out tomorrow (8/10).

I ordered one of the original mugs when they first opened.
Never got it (was charged and paid), even after a couple letters and replies.
Just gave up!

Pages: 1 9 replies