Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

"Tiki Farm - the Hardest Working Company in Tiki" Oct. 16th Opening Night at La Luz de Jesus

Pages: 1 2 3 116 replies

The hardest working company in Tiki is hard at work right now. The exhibit started going up today. Here are some early progress shots:

sweaty! lol.

cool!!!

I know that there will be Mai Tai's at the event.
(Thanks Holden)
but I don't get to the Tiki Ti too often,
So I was thinking about swinging by the Ti,
from 4 to 6 pm, before I have to set up my DJ equipment at La Luz.

Jeff(btd)

So is anyone planning on going to Tonga Hut or Tiki Ti afterwards?

On 2010-10-13 22:23, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Of all the important events going on this summer the Tiki Farm 10 year Ann. was the nearest and dearest to my heart I was way hyped up about it for a very long time. As it turns out I can NOT be released from my bartending duties at the Tonga Hut until about 8:45 pm so I'll be late to the show but I'll get there! If you want to stop in NoHo to the Hut I'll be there till 8pm pouring tiki cocktails. I'm hitting the Tiki Ti after the Tiki Farm show for sure.

On 2010-10-14 11:28, Hiphipahula wrote:

On 2010-10-13 22:23, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Of all the important events going on this summer the Tiki Farm 10 year Ann. was the nearest and dearest to my heart I was way hyped up about it for a very long time. As it turns out I can NOT be released from my bartending duties at the Tonga Hut until about 8:45 pm so I'll be late to the show but I'll get there! If you want to stop in NoHo to the Hut I'll be there till 8pm pouring tiki cocktails. I'm hitting the Tiki Ti after the Tiki Farm show for sure.

So go to Tonga Hut early and Tiki Ti afterwards,sounds like a plan and I love it when a plan comes together!

R

two more days!!!! yay....

Congrat's to 10 years of AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!

This is were the rubber meets the road in the Tiki world. As the "book of Tiki" set the stage for education to the average Joe. Tiki Farm made it possible to individualize and customize any event and home tiki bar with well made and well priced mug's. Thank you for making my dusting job at home a little harder and thank you for being a great sponsor and mug maker for Tiki Caliente 2.

Enjoy the praise guys you deserve it.

I will see ya there. Very cool to see all the mugs in chronological order.....so many Im going to wish I have in my collection.

diggin the poster by the way

Jeff(btd)

one more day!!!!! yay!!!!!this is going to be amazing!!!

Any tips on parking??

DC

Its all residential parking behind the gallery,the small lot for the gallery will be in use for the party
so good luck?

W

The events I have attended there, had to drive around and around for 20+ minutes. Bring your "Parking Fairy" with......... Maybe come a bit early.

Laura

W

Dang, wish I could attend. I'm now in the wrong end of the state.

Laura

tips for parking.
get to that area early, like 4pm,
then go to Tiki Ti for a few hours,
then get something to eat.
then come over to La Luz around 7.

Jeff(btd)

J

My plan... Exactly !!

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-10-16 08:54 ]

Can't wait!

CA

i need a sober driver to get me to the Roxy for some fine Brazilian ass shake'in after la luz........

C

Oh man!! What a great show. So many great mugs. Great music. Great company. And the drinks were great too. Do you think there is any way I can get those Mai Tais delivered to my place?

Thank you Holden and all the folks at Tiki Farm. The gals at Wacko were pretty cool too.

All I can say is if you can, check out the show before it closes. I am going to try and check it out again.

Good stuff.

Oh, I forgot. Great tunes BTD!! Loved hanging in the back listening to your tunes.

[ Edited by: Chippy 2010-10-16 23:30 ]

well its 4:30am Mrs ATP and I just rolled in from L.A.
Great time at the show, Thanks! Holden,Mike,Sharon & Jorge for all the work
but damn you for reminding me what I don't have in the collection! :lol:

really great show! the limited edition mugs look great! I decided to buy a whole set instead of
paying the Electric bill this month......

Met folks afterwards at the Good Luck (we will have to take that place over one night!)
then last call at Tiki Ti (what the hell is up with all the "Lynyrd Skynyrd" playing I mean WTF!)
then after hours at Canter's (ahh the old day's)

Hi again, Chippy!

C

On 2010-10-17 04:55, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
well its 4:30am Mrs ATP and I just rolled in from L.A.
Great time at the show, Thanks! Holden,Mike,Sharon & Jorge for all the work
but damn you for reminding me what I don't have in the collection! :lol:

really great show! the limited edition mugs look great! I decided to buy a whole set instead of
paying the Electric bill this month......

Met folks afterwards at the Good Luck (we will have to take that place over one night!)
then last call at Tiki Ti (what the hell is up with all the "Lynyrd Skynyrd" playing I mean WTF!)
then after hours at Canter's (ahh the old day's)

Hi again, Chippy!

Wow! I guess great minds think alike. TikiSkabro, Miss A, and I staggered down to the Tiki Ti and then moved to the Good Luck afterit became elbows to a**holes (I am just talking about the space, not the customers) Bumping into TC folks all the way. Everyone was really happy with the great show and party.

We didn't quite stay out as late as you, but we did hit Tommy's on the way home.

Again, what a great show!!

I am just glad you made it through that line at the register.

[ Edited by: Chippy 2010-10-17 09:36 ]

What a great event and a fantastic legacy of mugs. Holden you are the best! Finally got my Shag; Tall Ratongo, thanks Billy, you were an awesome host. Great to see all our tiki ohana.

Awesome show guys! It was great to see all those mugs in one place. Now I have an even longer list of mugs to search for!

Great show, and event indeed.

isn't there something going on there today?
Like Holden doing a spoken explanation of all of the mugs or something.

Thanks again to Holden for having me DJ.
Jeff(btd)

R

pictures anyone????

Had a great time, unfortunately I neglected to bring my camera to this event. I do know; however, that many people were taking pictures. Can't wait to see them.

:D

Tonga Tom was taking pics, L.A. weekly was there taking pics too.

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2010-10-17 17:13 ]

TT

I just got back from Hollywood, took the Holden tour at La Luz today. Last night was a total blast, but it was nice to soak in all the mugs and hear the stories without the huge crowd. I'm off to Tonga Hut, so I won't get any pics posted 'til tomorrow. See ya soon!

TT

More to come...

TT

These guys looked like they knew where they were going

"Uh oh, my cover is blown."

PIRATE-O

bigtikidude gettin' his drink on before he starts spinnin'

"Nice doggie."

A frame gives the Lemon Hart Lemonhead a "thumbs up"

What's that in Eric's hand?

"I scored!!!"

"OOGA BOOGA"!!!"

Boris just got hit with a poison dart!

Farmin' at La Luz

Hittin' the backyard for some free Mai Tais

The Dynotones!

The line was so long, you couldn't see where it started

Sherriyaki and Murph with their big bags of loot, ATP already put his in the car.

Jim likes the Good Luck menu

Detective Lance and the brown shirts

Hey, more brown shirts

Now that's a lot of brown shirts

These sides burn

J

Great pics Tom! I wish I coulda gone, but I didnt have a way to get there :(

Great job Holden. Looks like I missed a great bash but it couldn't be helped. My daughter got married on Saturday and I worship her and her mother more than Tikis and Mai Tais.

My wife and I went to the gallery today and I bought some mugs. Very nice exhibit. I hope to get back there later this week to buy a couple more.

Awesome pictures, Tom! So wish I could have been there. Trying to swing a LA/OC trip in the next few weeks.

It was soooo awesome to see everyone!!!
I miss you all & I am glad moving is finally done for me!
All those mugs!!! I wanted to go broke!
I wish I could have done the pre boozin & after boozin........but had to be off.
Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

J

Tom, your photos from Sat were some of your best. I always look forward to your posts after an event.

I truly believe your efforts create a better sense of community here on Tiki Central, document events from a historical standpoint, are enjoyed by Tikiphiles all over the world, and generate more interest for the overall web site. Thanks !!

Too bad you can't have a clone that lives in the OC. I try my best when I'm at Don's but I don't have your magic touch.

I posted a few pics on my blog. Big props to Tiki Farm and La Luz de Jesus for all the work put into the show.

Thank you to everybody involved for making this such a great show! It seems like everybody had a great time and that is what's most important! It was no easy feat getting the exhibition in place, but I was very happy with how it came out. Thank you for all of the emails and all the congratulations... here's to our next 10!!! Now I just gotta concentrate on trying to walk upright again...

how long is this exhibit going to be up for?

I wanna go back and get a better look at it,
when its not so crazy packed.

Jeff(btd)

Mahalo Tiki Farm for the great party! Cheers!

[ Edited by: chrisandsarahb 2010-10-21 03:20 ]

Lost In Paradise #7: Tiki Farm Opening Night Gallery Party

http://www.youtube.com/user/chrisandsarahb?feature=mhum#p/u/0/sYO3FiL0odI

Mahaloz!

Here are some pics I took on my cell camera, and some I stole from TikiGeeki! We had a blast :D

It was awesome to see mugs that I own and point them out to my friend (I have a teeny collection, but they're mostly Tiki Farm mugs!) And check out all the Tiki Bar TV mugs that I've collected over the years.

Entrance

Cruising around the displays

(Pic from Tikigeeki)

Hanging with my friend Sarah and Kevin (Johnny Johnny from Tiki Bar TV)

(Pic from Tikigeeki)

Mahalo to Holden for the fun party and Mai Tais. Congrats on the last 10 years of success :)

M

There was a shout-out yesterday in Lina Lecaro's L.A. Weekly Nightranger column:

"...check out our slide show this week for some timeless fashion — that of tiki enthusiasts. Tiki Farm's 10th Anniversary Bash and mug exhibit at La Luz de Jesus on Saturday night brought out the leopard and Hawaiian prints in droves, and apparently we were a thirsty lot: 30 gallons of Mai Tais cleared out in a little over an hour. Cowabunga!"

And the accompanying pics start here: http://www.laweekly.com/slideshow/nightranger-la-descarga-rye-rye-tiki-farm-and-more-31645123/26/

Hey that's us in that Picture, so much for our secret identities!

Long Live the :tiki: "TCLF"! :tiki:
Putting the "Truth" back in the T for Tiki!

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2010-10-22 17:28 ]

J

That chicken wire just seems so wrong.

It's like a Tiki Mug internment camp. :(

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-10-22 16:23 ]

At first I thought this too, and then I thought the chicken wire was a play on the whole "farm" thing of "Tiki Farm". If only there was hay in there as well.

[ Edited by: chrisandsarahb 2010-10-22 16:25 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Oct 22, 2010 5:16 PM

Si.

TT

On 2010-10-22 16:21, JOHN-O wrote:
That chicken wire just seems so wrong.

It's like a Tiki Mug internment camp. :(

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-10-22 16:23 ]

With the amount of mugs that have disapeared from Holden's personal collection over the years im suprised it wasn't electified! The wire was definately a neccesary evil..

Pages: 1 2 3 116 replies