Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

"Tiki Farm - the Hardest Working Company in Tiki" Oct. 16th Opening Night at La Luz de Jesus

Pages: 1 2 3 116 replies

M

I’m really glad I made the trek out for this event and have to say I had a blast. Free booze always sweetens the deal. It was cool seeing all the Tiki Farm mugs in one place along with all the people who enjoy them. Also, great meeting MauiRose at the show along with Coco Joe and other Tiki Central folk such as BigTikiDude, Bora Boris, Squid and TikiG earlier at Tiki Ti for the unofficial pre-party.

Here are some close-up photos of Tiki Farm animals in there cages. All taken by my drunken girlfriend Mellissa. She later stumbled around asking the question to anyone who would listen, “Aren't these mugs supposed to be drank from instead of collected”?

Okole Maluna,
Darrin

Hey Darrin,

good to meet you at the Tiki Ti,
sorry for razzin you about Fresno.
:wink:

hope to see you at Future tiki events down here.

Jeff(btd)

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Oct 26, 2010 8:30 PM

Just wanted to say it was great meeting you Darrin (and Mellissa) at TikiTi - from my perspective too.

I'm sure hanging-out with everybody else was a treat for you two as well.

Its always great when a group of LA poly-pop artists get together, as that doesn't happen all that often there's a positive tangible vibe shared that I find intoxicating. I hope you two found it intoxicating as well.

'Til next time around - Cheers!

CJ

Darrin and Melissa are good people!

[ Edited by: Coco Joe 2010-10-26 22:25 ]

R

last chance to see this amazing display. it's coming down on sunday morning so get to la luz asap..

thanks for the heads up Ron.

Jeff(btd)

e-mail from Tiki Farm,

We’ve got some groovy offerings for you, our faithful friends and Tiki Farm collectors! First up, you’ve seen us promoting it in the past and now here it is! From the twisted & talented mind of our pal & Tiki Farm collaborator, the quasi-talented Dirty Donny…

We wanted a real old-school design along the lines of Rick Griffin, the Family Dog, Robert Williams… cool old-school vibey! We’re happy with how it came out and we hope you dig it, too! As we mention, this sucker glows in the dark and the black is flocked velvet (and heavily flocked it is – no skimpin’)!! We’ve got 50 of the total run so you’d better snatch yours up quick!

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2010-10-30 21:47 ]

R

the show is over!!!! thanks to everyone who made this possible..holden,john,tom,billy,mike, jorge,sharon,la luz and whoever else i missed. the show was a huge success...thanks to all who made it down to see it.. until next time?????

TT

I went back the day after the opening party to walk through with Holden as he gave a brief history of Tiki Farm and talk about the mugs on display.

R

great pics tom!! let's see some more......

TT

Here's some of the stuff for sale...

LT

On 2010-11-08 17:40, Tonga Tom wrote:
Here's some of the stuff for sale...

What's the red mug, on the bottom shelf?

TT

I can't remember...Anyone else?

CJ

appears to be some sort of ceramic

that webber BBQ tiki mug is fucking awesome!!!

i gotta get one!!

Video of the event.
Here it is! Pass it around!

Tiki Farm 10th Anniversary Party at La Luz de Jesus Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/user/CrystalCoveMedia#p/u/12/BZOL7mebeQo

Aloha!
That alotta mugs Bra!

R

i believe it is the colorado firecamp firehydrant mug

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 9, 2010 8:26 AM

Ron,
Thanks for lending so many of the mugs for the exhibit, and thanks for building the chicken coops to hold 'em. It's an awesome exhibition.

R

thanks grog,it was really great to see you there. i'm glad you liked the collection.. it was a labor of love!!

LT

On 2010-11-09 07:14, ron-tiki wrote:

i believe it is the colorado firecamp firehydrant mug

Thanks! :drink:

N
Naneki posted on Tue, Dec 7, 2010 1:03 PM

Nothing special, but here are my photos. From October 17th I believe.

Entry to the display

Random shots (pretend you're in a Batman episode)

Some beautiful glasses (that according to Holden are heavy so they tip over and break)

The SHAG area

Pages: 1 2 3 116 replies