Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Beachbumz Ceramic Tiki Creations From Maui (aka Tikipop)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 215 replies

Wow, I love that guy with the float, great work!

Very cool netted ball (and tiki too). I see you made Wendy's bowl just big enough to fit, the joys of a small kiln :)

Thanks so much for the photo of Dan's Christmas present firing. Terrific, Wendy

E

Love the float!

S

Must say i quite like chopped Tongo Scott.

Aloha Scott...

chopped Tongo is cool !

T

Very professional mugs.

T

Very professional mugs.

Wendy- Halfway there now.. :wink:Just really happy it didn't explode in the kiln...
ooooh.. better knock on some wood now :D
MadDog- Rob and I love this small kiln and it's only 110v, Perfect for now at least..
Robbie, Renee- Chopped Tongo didn't start off chopped but sorta had an accident, I really kinda like the feel of this one though.. He fits great in hand too, Can't wait to try a mai tai out of him..
Mahalo MikeyTiki, Eric and teaKEY!!

Got some roughness on him now..

Aloha

U

Aloha Beachbumz! I just went through your thread, you do amazing work! I love them all! Your little Kiln is on my wish list. You said it was 110, does it fire up to cone 5-6? Great work, I aspire to be as worthy as all of you. I finished another piece today but, to tried to post tonight.

Mahalo,
Linda

B

Aloha Linda, Mahalo! Sorry I've been sorta busy at work, at home, etc.. etc.. etc.. :wink: Our little kiln is just that, It will fire only up to about cone 03.. We have a friend that has about 4 different size kilns that we can use to High-fire if we need to but so far the low fire is working well for us.. It's really cool because the cost of electricity here on the island is insane and the 110 really helps keep the price down..
Linda, your miniatures you've been making are awesome, keep posting pictures I love to follow your thread..

Here's a few I pulled out of the kiln last time around...

Aloha!

[ Edited by: beachbumz 2011-11-15 23:31 ]

This is the Kaoha bowl that I posted earlier in the bisque firing that I made for Wendy and Dan now all glazed up in a Jungle Brown Woodgrain with a Coral Reef inner..
It was fun to make but I think I'm done with bowls for awhile.. :D

Aloha

www.beachbumz.com

[ Edited by: Beachbumz 2011-11-15 23:44 ]

E

That bowl is amazing - nice work!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 16, 2011 12:59 AM

GROG like.

Scott, the bowl is here, it is perfection. I've hidden it away for Christmas. You are so good at this. I can see all the detail work and I appreciate it so much. Multiple Cheers, Wendy

Wow, that bowl is amazing, nice work there!

S

That's pretty cool Scott.

Eric, Grog, Mikey, Robbie, Mahalos for all dat!! shoots..:)
Wendy, Whew...!! Glad it made the journey safe.. :) I got the mug packing down sorta but packing a larger piece like this, you just never know.. Really stoked you liked it, I hope Dan does too.. Hope you two have a great Christmas..

U

Beachbumz you are a Master, absolutely incredible detail! Love your work! :) I didn't think about your cost of electric on the Island, I'm sure it is out of sight! I wonder if someone could come up with a solar kiln? Wouldn't that be awesome! :)

Mahalo's Linda.. Very Far from a master at this but I was extremely stoked on the way it came out..
Having our own kiln definitely lets us play around a little more and learn new tricks..
A solar kiln would be so awesome!! I wish we had solar at our house because the electricity is unbelievably high here and going up again as I just watched the news tonight.. Dam...:(

Here's the second Tongo Da'Beachcomber mug I made, slightly larger float this time..

Ok I gotta get back to work on #3 now that the Keiki are asleep..:)

Aloha!

www.beachbumz.com

[ Edited by: beachbumz 2011-11-17 23:33 ]

U

Tonga and the Float are awesome Beachbumz!

Thanks Linda, he was bisque fired tonight and hopefully will have some color on him soon..

We had a beautiful sunset the other night that i thought I should share.. The red's were unreal.. no filters here.:wink:

I'll post some pics of the mugs when there pau..

Beautiful mugs, and a stunning sunset. Totally amazing.

What a beautiful sunset. Thank you for sharing. Wendy

Beautiful mugs!

U
umeone posted on Thu, Dec 8, 2011 5:20 AM

Gorgeous Sunset, thank you, I needed that! :)

One photo says it all! Thank you for a terrific bowl. Wendy and Dan

Mahalo - Kon-Hemsby, Slacks Ferret, Having fun with these..
Linda, We see a lot of nice sunsets out here BUT this one was really just beautiful..
Wendy, I'm so stoked that Dan liked his bowl for Christmas, I guess that smile does say it all... :wink: Hope you both had a great Christmas and New Years!

Been awhile since I last posted but here's a few that were finished for 2011
Choptop Tongo with a float around his neck.

Another Carved Choptop

Customized Tongo..

#3 Tongo Da Beachcomber..

Shots

Loving this glaze..

Black Lava Tongo

"Local Boy" #1 Tongo

"Local Boy" #2 Tongo

Aloha!

S

Nice work Scott. Gotta say that i'm loving that glaze that you're loving also. Really great effect and colour combo.

Hawaiian shaved ice a first in tiki mugs, you rock you know that don't you? Wonderful photos with the Christmas setting.

Dan due to space being tight here always puts a tiki mug in each bowl. Yours will be the first not to have one. He loves the bowl so much he wants the inside to show as well. Thank you for all the extra hard work you put into the bowl to make it special. You and MauiTiki are just terrific tiki artists. Cheers, Wendy

Scott, you got a lot of nice new mugs there, wow! Keep up the good work!

Love the Black Lava glaze and the netted balls are always cool

B

Mahalo's you guys, appreciate all dakine words..

Robbie, that one I textured first and put the glaze on a little bit thicker than normal.. really has a neat feel to it.. reminds me of green moss.. Here's a picture of the inside that really matches the outside pretty good.
\

Wendy, that's just too cool.. let's keep the little glaze pukas a secret though.. :wink::D
Our kiosk shop here were we sell tiki's (Beach Bumz) is right next to one of the best shave ice stands on Maui called Local Boys Shave Ice.. Everyday I'm staring at tourists and locals walking by with there ono shave ice cups and figured Tongo should have one.. Here's a picture of him at the stand..

S

I forgot to ask what colour was inside but i don't need to now. That's an awesome colour on the inside also. Great combo.

Love the float n tiki combo

I noticed to sno-cone and forgot to mention it. Great job on the texture & color on that, looks very realistic :)

Whoa! Local Boy is SO perfect! You nailed that snowcone! Hope you sell a million!

SHAVE ICE ROCKS!
AND SO DOES LOCAL BOY!
:)

I love the shave ice tiki combination... too damn cool. :)

Mahalo's Hangten, LLT, Tigertail..
Bill and Mike, Local Boy no like "snow cone".. He likes Shave Ice! :D ..Fly on on over one day and I'll get you one ono Hawaiian style shave ice from Local Boys..
Bill, btw how's the shave ice over there on Kauai?

I figured I'd catch flak over that one :lol:

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 03:20:17 ]

Mike, sorry.. Just couldn't let that sno-cone thing slide...:P

Thanks pop, I totally appreciate that.. Your ceramics are unbelievably cool and sooooo clean, love watching your FB page to see what's coming up next!! Too cool!!

Wow been two months since the last post, time flies when your having fun..

I was finally able to finish a new mold of my Beachcomber mug and get a few made and finished this week.. I made three of these by hand before making this mold and decided it was just to much work to make each one this way so I made this mold to make it a little easier.. I wanted them each still to be slightly different so the floats on all the Beachcombers will have a different netting to each of them and also the wood grain will be a little different as well..
Too many hours of glazing..

firing again..

Tongo Da Beachcomber's Ready To PARTY! :)

I'm going to try and come up with more color's for the floats and will be trying out a new color instead of the Jungle brown glaze next firing hopefully too..

Keep an eye out for Da' Beachcomber's holding other things than floats too, you never know what they may find.. :wink:
Aloha

www.beachbumz.com

[ Edited by: Beachbumz 2012-03-05 00:17 ]

[ Edited by: Beachbumz 2012-04-29 19:45 ]

S

Nice work Scott. I love that last picture of them all lined up. Just wondering, how many pieces are there to the mold?

Love it! Looks like the Tonga soccer team! :)

B

Eh' Tanks Brada Swizzle!!;) This is just the basic three part kine, I thought about making it crazy and adding the net before molded it but instead I kept it simple and now I add the nets to each one afterwards... More work but this way they all look a little different..

Mike, I had a few requests for soccer balls and basketballs already even a few coconuts... :wink: I see a whole Tongo Da Beachcomber sports team in the future my friend!! :D :D

Well so much for soccer and basketballs this week... :wink:

This one maybe should be called Da Head Hunta instead of Da Beachcomber..
Got a little bored of knotting rope on the float last week...

Glazed him in a Glossy Sea Moss Green with some black undertones, and the head is brown rotting brown..

ALOHA!!

That may well be the first shrunken head image I've ever actually liked. That's a great design. Thanks for posting it.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 215 replies