Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Ohana Alert! One of our own needs some assistance! All Donations posted Page one First Post! Mahalo!

Pages: 1 2 71 replies

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Dec 23, 2010 8:45 PM

Pictures of destroyed cars give me the creeps... Maybe people died in them! Not funny... I dunno. Revs, buy a bicycle! or a Vespa! Good vibes to you. Sent.

TT

zeta, I,m not sure a vespa is a good idea.. she would be in much worse shape if she took an epic dive like that on a scooter! she needs a HUMVEE!

Here is our contribution to help out Ravenne.

A custom Tiki Mug Shelf 11"x20" made by Atomic Tiki Punk
A handmade Tahiti Girl Candle & Handmade Hair Flower by Jungle Ginger

You get all of this for $60 & we will pay U.S. Shipping.
use Kinny's paypal link for payment and PM me if you bought it.

Closeup of the Candle & Flower

Hang in there Ravenne! and everyone have a "Punk Rock Xmas!"

(Note: re-uploaded pics)

[ Edited by: Jungle Ginger 2011-01-12 02:27 ]

wow.
What a wonderful thing you ALL are making happen!
Lance and nance
laojia
zerostreet
Sophistatiki Dawn
zerostreet
Bigtoe
madDog Mikey
Thank you all for rallying to the aide of a friend with your exquisite artistic creations!
Truly from the heart
And to all of you others who have pitched in
financially and emotionally for raves!
Talk about rapid response team! :)
Merry Christmas!
i am proud to be part of this crazy mixed up Tiki family!

And the Grinch's heart grew three sizes that day!

I was happy to help out Ravenne. I am comfortablr this Christmas. Wasn't always that way. Twenty five years ago my wife was pregnant right before Christmas. She was nine months pregnant. We had just bought a carseat and had it in the car in the box and we were broadsided by another car. The car hit the passenger side door where my wife was sitting. Luckily she and the baby were okay. The cops on the scene ran my plates and then impounded my car for unpaid parking tickets. I had been forced to use my car for work and had gotten tickets for parking in the loading zone in front of where I worked. My pregnant wife and I stood by the side of the road with the carseat in the box as they towed my car away. What I am saying is that even though I am comfortable this holiday season I won't ever forget the times that I wasn't and I won't forget the people that helped me out when I was in need. Pay it forward.

R

WOW!
I can't believe the outpour of support from everybody, I wasn't expecting this at all...
Bless your generosity, It's making me tear-up with joy! :')
Thank you doesn't even begin to express how grateful I am to have survived that crash with just bruises.
It's amazing I even came out of that wreck alive...especially after the reaction Squid had after he saw the car in the tow yard...

It happened last friday, sometime after midnight. I'd just left the House of Blues around 11.40 that night, because I remember before leaving I'd called my mom to reassure her I'd be home and safe soon because she knew Cali was getting hit by massive rain. (I'd hydroplaned once before...and she knows my uneasiness when it comes to driving in that weather) Right off the 91E there is a merge on to 405N/110, right by the 405N exit ramp and the 110 exit is where it happened. Anyone who's driven off that exit, knows how much ya have to slow down to make that sharp right. I'd slowed down to about 30 (10miles below the suggested limit) and suddenly felt my steering wheel start to lock and immediately started to pump the break, but it was already too late. The next thing I know, I felt the whole car do a complete 180 spin before rolling off the ramp about 3 or more times...and it's true that time really does slow down when you're in an accident. I saw/still relive the scary tumble, every detail....and things were flying EVERYWHERE..glass...everything! The car finally stopped upside down right before the 110N exit, just barely an inch away from the road. I tried to push the door open, but it was completely crushed in....i am so lucky that the power in the car was still running, and managed to put the windows down, or else i'm sure they would have had to use the jaws of life. I undid my belt, (ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEATBELT KIDS!) and managed to crawl out of the window, feet first... if it wasn't for some good-hearted folks who stopped by then I don't know how I would have called for 9-11. because in that massive tumble, my phone was flung around in the car and stuck (didn't get it out until the flatbed/tow truck guy flipped the car right-side up)
and thankfully one of those folks who stopped, happened to be an off-duty paramedic! He checked me out and again...that same "how did you survive and get out of the car...?! LUCKY!!!" was the reaction I kept getting from everyone on scene. Firefighters came down checked me out asked if I needed to go to the hospital, i declined...I don't have the $ or medical insurance for it...and all I really had was just soreness all over after the initial shock wore off the next day.
I'm also happy that NO ONE was with me this time... if anyone had been in the passenger seat...they would have been impaled by camping chairs,
same goes for anyone who'd been sitting in the back as well.
I was lucky enough that the cops were sweet to drive me the rest of the way home, because who else am I going to call for help?
my entire family (mom, pop, sis & her fam, and bro & his fam) all live back East.

Now...the last thing I wanted was just this, asking for help....
I don't like being a charity case, who does?
Which is why I was totally taken aback when I saw this thread and my inbox full of emails!
For those who know me,
you know how grave my financial situation is...
Out here alone with no family support, still looking for a solid job with no luck, and barely keeping a float with the little freelance jobs that come my way, paying just enough to have a roof over my head.
Unfortunately at the time of the crash I only had the bare minimum coverage of Insurance (enough for me to legally drive it)...
This means, I am left with having to pay everything out of my own pocket.
Ken, upon hearing my plight, had a big enough heart to start this...
I thought he was kidding when he said he'd enlist the help of others....

From the bottom of my heart...THANK YOU SO MUCH AND BLESS YOU ALL!
Especially everyone who's contributed so far:
John-O
Melekalikimaka
TravelingJones
khan_tiki_mon
danlovestikis
talo ka
Krisdrama
Veritiki
VampiressRN
Zerostreet
natureboy
davidleslie

(I hope I didn't miss anyone, i apologize if I did!)

And of course the artists who've contributed to this thread so far!
Kinny, little lost tiki
laojia
JungleGinger/AtomicTikiPunk
zerostreet
Sophistatiki Dawny
BigToe
MadDogMike

Thank you guys so much for taking time out of your lives to help out like this...

And also, to those who've sent well-wishes and good vibes but aren't able to donate,
you've given me all this emotional support and love...thank you...!!!!
You've all truly renewed my faith in humanity...
That there is still good out there...no matter what...
:') Bless You All...
And Have a Merry Christmas!!!!!
XOXOXO!!!

Just remember that we are always here for ya!!!!! It is so cool to see people come together to help each other! Now, go buy a bus pass. LOL

david

TK

happy to have been able to help.

So glad you are safe Rav...what a wild story. You are like me in that anytime I have an accident it happens in slow motion...isn't that bizarre!!! Bad things happen to good people...it is life's way of testing us so we can reach the limits of insanity from time to time. Hang in there...and taking the bus to work is a good suggestion. HUGSHUGS

G
GROG posted on Sat, Dec 25, 2010 5:59 PM

Ravers, sorry to hear about the car accident. GROG glad you were OK, and not injured too bad.

Ravenne! I'm so glad you're ok! I'll call you and see what we can do to help out. Love you, girl!! Blessings on everyone who is helping in any way they can.

Ravenne, glad you are ok and I look forward to getting a big hug next time we see eachother.

Remember our trip from Tucson? I kept telling you 10 and 2! 10 and 2!

When I get back from my Arizona trip I'll be posting a donation.

Ravenne, I'm so sorry to hear you had an accident. I am glad you got out with just some scrapes and bruises. Ray and I hope you have a great New years!

Amy

BUMP!
a couple of more art donations on page one-first post
Go check em out!
Mahalo!

H

Best Wishes for the New Year

HOTTIKI Pendant

Carved Koa Wood from Hawaii

Flame Shaded-TappaTattoo Branded

Have Pendant Will Ship

$25.00 Donation

[ Edited by: hottiki 2011-01-07 15:57 ]

TK

here is what "summer" looks like on the wall. i was glad to help again raves.

SF

Looks like my donation post did not survive the TC holocaust so here it is again.

"Atomic Rum"
3D Canvas 11"X14" and 2.35" thick!
Edition of only 25 is signed and numbered.

Yours for $65!
SOLD!
Thanks for the donation!

Cheers Ravenne!

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

[ Edited by: Swamp Fire 2011-01-12 15:39 ]

Hey Rav I'm on the late freight I guess I just found out about this! Gosh, glad your ok girl! I remember the night you hydroplaned a couple years back, scary feeling. I'm wishing you well, stay safe this new year and have brighter roads ahead. Love you lots now, I'm gonna go have a looky here ya see at some great art :) You have great friends darlin'!

T

The pic of my piece from page one was lost in the crash (the TC crash, not Ravz' crash)

Here it is again:

Tiki Bob Black Paper Drawing, 8x10. 50.00, shipping included, plus some extra fun stuff!

Mahalo!
Eric

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2011-01-13 06:33 ]

Trevor and I were SO sorry to hear about your accident, Raves! Thank goodness you managed to walk away from it. I just sent you a note through Paypal, and hope life is back to normal for you soon. All our best!

Thanks for putting this thread together, Kinny. : ) XOXO

R

Happy February everyone! :)

I wanted to make this last post for this thread, before it's completely buried to thank everyone who's donated, given emotional support, and been there for me! (and a course to put a cap on the donations!)

Thanks to all your donations, I have been able to pay off the tow debt AND thanks to Squid and his awesome mechanic neighbor, Pete - he's sold me a used '87 Volvo 740 Turbo! WEE! Just getting the last piece installed today, and having some fixes done, and the car shall officially be okay to drive! :D

None of this would have been possible if it wasn't for all your help!
I still cannot believe this...just last month I was in such a bad place but now everything is coming together, the last thing to attain now is that job!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!
MAHALO

Yay, Ravers! So happy you got a great deal and are mobile once again!

yay for the Ohana!
Glad things worked out splendidly!
and thank you all for rallying to the cause of one of our own!
VROOOOM!

On 2011-02-07 12:17, ravenne wrote:
Happy February everyone! :)

I wanted to make this LAST post for this thread...

(psst - Karoll & Ken, that meant you weren't supposed to add anything after Raver's post) :lol:

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2011-02-07 17:57 ]

Pages: 1 2 71 replies