Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Spring 2011 Mug Swap: Names Sent!...Mail Packages by April15!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 160 replies

HOK

Add me to the list, please... :) Freddie

Im in for one trade........but no international please.....

Fun......

Z

::doing the 'putting goodies in the box' dance::
:drink: :tiki: :drink:

I was buying things for my swap box today, when I remembered I hadn't actually said I'd join up, it was fun last time so sign me up.

Finally got around to updating the swap list on Page 1. Be sure to check to make sure you are on it with the right number of swaps.

Will be contacting people today/tomorrow if i need your address so please also check your pms in case you get any from moi :)

Z

Thanks again for putting this all together, Alyce...The swap is always a wonderful tool to get us all excited about aloha and chatting with new friends!
~Zero

S

Missing 4 addresses. Please check your pms :)

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2011-04-02 17:20 ]

UT

I'm in. I missed the last trade so I hope Liz still has my address. I would like a trade partner in the U.S. please. Got some fun stuff ready and the bubble wrap is standing by. Thanks.

Yup I have your address so you are in!

I have everyone's address so I should be able to get swap partners out by tomorrow/Tuesday the latest.

Last call for swappers :)

T

I'm in for 1 swap.

Liz will have my address

TM

On 2011-04-03 20:16, TikiPug wrote:
I'm in for 1 swap.

Liz will have my address

So, let me see if I am understanding this correctly. A person gets banned from tiki central and just creates a new user name and continues posting like nothing happened? And they get to keep posting with their new,fake username even after making what appeared to be a threat to Big Tiki Dude?

Here is "Sandra Dee"s first post on Tiki central (In the LeLeLiz birthday thread):

"Hey all...I am Liz`s roommate and she wanted to say thanks for the birthday greetings. Oh and to BTD she can't wait to see you soon...she has something special planned for you. Sooner actually then you think.

Actually as her roommie I have gotten bit by the tiki bug myself so she has led me to TC in order to take over posting on behalf of her and myself.

Currently she is gambling and out of town in Reno....so I can't wait until she gets home.

She is going to love that I am online now for her."

[ Edited by: Lucas Vigor 2011-04-04 07:34 ]

Should be able to get all of you your swap partners by tonight so if you want to join up there is still time--just pm me.

I think originally we said to ship by the 21st...that seems a bit far out. How about ship NO LATER THAN APRIL 15 instead.

If this is a major problem let me know and we can always change it back.

S

Everyone should of received your swap partner's info (with the exception of 1 that I am waiting on). If for any reason you got the same person last time or you got international when you wanted domestic please let me know and I will try to switch out for you. You have until tomorrow the 5th to let me know.

Please be sure to get your box out by the 15th.

PM me when you have sent (do not pm your swap partner. Its supposed to be a surprise)

Be sure to use plenty of bubble wrap and delivery confirmation helps as well

Also try to use flat rate boxes so you dont get raked over the coals shipping cost wise

Any problems let me know .

Thanks and happy swapping!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Apr 4, 2011 10:08 PM

On 2011-04-04 21:00, SandraDee wrote:
Everyone should of received your swap partner's info

Should have or should've

----The Spelling Police

Thank you Grog...one would think I would have better grammar than a caveman :wink:

Z

Woo~HOO!!!
stuffing things in a box!! My favorite! YAY!!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Apr 5, 2011 10:14 AM

On 2011-04-05 07:24, ZeroTiki wrote:
Woo~HOO!!!
stuffing things in a box!! My favorite! YAY!!

GROG love doing that. too.

C

stuffed a box and just got back from the post office :) FUN!

up-up, and AWAY!

Sir does the package contain anything breakable, flammable, perishable, valuable, or dangerous?
Yes.
Yes it does.

S

As a reminder please dont post on the thread that you have shipped..just pm me that way I can post of list of packages that have been sent out :)

Thanks for everyone who has already started to send...remember no later than April 15th please :)

S

Blacklagoon
Loki Tiki
Tobunga
Trutiki
DcMan
Tikipops
TabooDan
Pikeys Dog
Unkle John

All your boxes are enroute :)

Be sure to pm me when you have sent. Dont forget to get them in the mail by April 15!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 7, 2011 9:38 AM

Sandra Dee. Tell Leleliz to send GROG Bowana's Hula Girl mug. GROG have Tiki Bob shot glass GROG willing to trade.

8T

Grog, you too picky. I take ANYTHING Bowana create. Bowana do amazing stuff!
Oh, I guess you do good stuff too. Come to think of it, I take anything GROG make too.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 7, 2011 6:05 PM

Sorry 8ft., you misunderstand GROG. GROG not insinuate Bowana's stuff not good. Quite the opposite. GROG LOVE Bowans's stuff. GROG just trying to get it for as cheap as possible, by trading the smallest thing GROG make--shot glass.

8T

Grog, I understood perfectly!!!!!!! She is a honey. I meant you were asking for the moon when any Bowana would be a score. I know you were being funny. That's Grog! Don't mind me derailing just a tad folks. Feast yer eyes on her and you'll understand.......

S

Grog she says if you got $500 the mug is yours...I am sure Bowana will forgive her for selling to ya :wink:

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 8, 2011 12:01 AM

That is indeed some more of Bowana's awesomeness 8ft, but it's not the one GROG referring to. GROG meant the Aloha Sisters mug that cruelly outbid GROG at the Tiki Oasis last year. Clearly that mug was meant for GROG.

G

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-04-08 09:55 ]

G

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-04-08 09:54 ]

Grog up too late, post mug shot too many times.

DC

But nice mug to look at!

[ Edited by: Dustycajun 2011-04-08 00:12 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 8, 2011 9:59 AM

Tiki Central took a crap on GROG when GROG was submitting. GROG hit submit and it not do anything. So after awhile GROG hit submit again, and again nothing. After the third time, GROG try to go elsewhere on TC and TC was froze up, so GROG leave TC and apparently when it worked again, it posted GROG post three times. Maybe Hanford took it down for maintenance or something.

Z

TC wanted to see GROG post 3 times, that all...

PD

The first of my trades arrived yesterday - Thanks Helvetiki!

What a great start to the trade!

Cheers,
Joe

Z

It is so cool that you got to be the first to receive their swap... and appropriate, too.
~Zero

TIKIATARI!!!!!!!!!!

Well what can I say, I wasn't thrilled with the first mug swap at Christmas, I never complained or said anything.

I met TikiAtari at the Trader Vic's FOm event a few months ago and it was fun to meet other people. Well TikiAtari has renewed my faith in mug swaps.

What a never ending supply of cool shit!

I did not have the Tiki Farm X Eyes (I found one at the flea market today by Orchids in the wild) so this one is neat-o! I also didn't have the short version of the Polynesian Palace glass mug.

Didn't have the Frankie swizzle or the matches.

TikiAtari is the BEST, thank you kind sir.

I have an original mug that's fresh out of the kiln going out on Monday for my mug swap.

Thanks again,

Paul

[ Edited by: blacklagoon 2011-04-09 17:00 ]

[ Edited by: blacklagoon 2011-04-09 17:07 ]

On 2011-04-09 08:06, Pikeys Dog wrote:
The first of my trades arrived yesterday - Thanks Helvetiki!

What a great start to the trade!

Cheers,
Joe

Cool..!
glad you like it.

Cheers,
HT

T

They say it's the journey-- not the destination and the swap I received last Friday from DCMan brought this home. Like a crazy road trip, it took me to Hawaii, Toronto, Montreal and Ft. Lauderdale by way of upstate New York with glimpses into 1960s advertising and the F.O.M. Test Labs.

With the help of Google and the luxury of time, I let each item take me away. Like a camera obscura, the box full of mystery led me to seek meaning in everyday things. Amidst all the great retro Hawaiiana and other cool stuff, there was a vintage pressure-cooker recipe/advertising pamphlet that unearthed memories worth every minute of research. Echos of my childhood from kitchen sounds to Bugs Bunny and Laverne & Shirley (Hasenpfeffer!) to my big brother convincing my gullible 10-year old self that my Betty Crocker mom was passing off squirrel as chicken, all came crashing into 2011 bringing with them a gift-- the feelings from another time and not just the facts. I think that moments like these are the real reward inherent in revisiting vintage stuff and I thank DCMan for this expanded view. Tiki or not tiki, doesn't matter to me. The whole swapping experience is a delight.

[ Edited by: trutiki 2011-04-17 13:27 ]

[ Edited by: trutiki 2011-04-17 13:32 ]

Received my Swap From Bongo Bungalow!!!

Great Mug that I did not have!!!

Also a Tiki, Vintage Postcard, statue and Tray!

Thanks Bongo!!!
Always a great time with these swaps!

CHEERS!

Bob

Yer welcome Sideshow Bob! You know the pineapple/menehune is for pu pu's, right? Anywho, enjoy!

Pittsburgh Pauly
HelveTiki
FenrixTiki
Slacks Ferret
Exquisite Corpse
DCMan

you have boxes on their way.

To Helvetiki's swap partner --- please be aware he will be out of town and so there will be a delay with him actually being home to post that he got his box. Try not to stress on whether or not it came :)

Folks lets try to get the rest shipped out this week shooting for April 15 as the last day of shipping!

Great swaps so far everyone :)

When I got home from the local arts festival, I found a box on my step from Sideshow Bob. I carefully picked it up to make sure it was sent to the right underachiever, which it was, I then started to wonder what I had done to receive the brunt of Mr. Robert Underdunk Terwilliger's vendetta. I carefully opened the box with a pair of salad tongs and a fondue skewer to be met with items of friendship, not hatred. I was relieved as a shutter went done my spine thinking I would be greeted by a bomb explosion or a recording of the whole musical score of the H.M.S. Pinafore sung by Bob himself.

I tore through the wrapping like a starving shipwreck survivor would have when a crate washed ashore. I stood there in my home bar with amazement as I peered at my swap. The mugs, the art, the.... oh, what is that? Could it be? NA-NA-NAAAA!!! A Brady Tiki! I haven't asked it for my three wishes, but looking over this haul, I don't need to ask them! Thank you very much Sideshow Bob! The mugs are great and the Postcards are beautiful! I love the Octogal with the tiki!

And one with the flash:

D
dcman posted on Mon, Apr 11, 2011 4:42 PM

Hello Fellow Swappers!

I received my first (of 2) mug trades today. This was from 8 Ft. Tiki, who sent me 2 great mugs, a wonderful photo of an 8 ft. tiki once in the Kona Kai (that apparently now lives in his very cool living room. In amongst the fun extras, was a hula girl, sent by his daughter to my daughters. Mahalo many times over!

dcman

Pikeys Dog
Bongo Bungalow
House of Ku
Ukutiki
John the Mainlander
Tiki Atari

Boxes are on their way !

Psycho Tiki D yours is on its way :)

Another update:

Spy Tiki
Exquisite Corpse
Zerotiki
Catmomma
DustyCajun

your boxes have been shipped.

Don't forget we are shooting for the 15th to get things sent so lets get to steppin!

Got a box of carefully wrapped booty from Closettiki today! Three mugs, each from a specific location- a bucket mug from the Stockton Islander, a short tiki mug from Whaler's and a Molokai Mule mug from the Sheraton! Wow, thanks Closettiki! (I truly only expect one mug.) Also included were a bunch of stirrers, a triple tiki resin, two Frankie's stickers, some plastic tiki shots, a Tiki Who mirror and a large Trader Vic's poster. I'm a lucky guy!

Bongo Bungalow....glad you enjoyed your goodies.......if your gonna make it to Oasis, bring one.....
Ill fill it with an adult beverage............................

Pages: 1 2 3 4 160 replies