Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Nov 5th - The Tikiyaki Orchestra w/special guest Marina The Mermaid at Don's ! - SOLD OUT !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 180 replies

T

OK, It's Official !

**TICKETS ON SALE NOW !!! http://tikiyakiorchestra.com/

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5th : DON THE BEACHCOMBER, HUNTINGTON BEACH

THE TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA : "ALOHA, BABY! - The SHOW" with special guest star, MARINA THE FIRE EATING MERMAID**

Your Tikiyaki Polynesian Village Hotel Vacation Getaway comes to life, Saturday November 5th at Don The Beachcomber in Huntington Beach.

"Aloha, Baby! - The Show" will feature The Tikiyaki Orchestra performing the Polynesian Village Hotel Show with very special guest star,straight from the Wreck Bar in Ft Lauderdale, Florida, Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid, performing her dangerous and exotic fire eating act, and other exotic stunts.

Enjoy songs from the brand new album "Aloha, Baby!" being performed live for the first time, old Tikiyaki favorites, some classics, bongo beatdowns, bad jokes by Marty Lush, and everything else you've come to expect from The Tikiyaki Orchestra.

DJ Big Tiki Dude will be spinning the the tunes while the band is not on,and setting the mood just right.

**WIN A SPECIAL PELE'S KISS MYSTERY DANCE BY MARINA ! **
Straight from the Tikiyaki Polynesian Village Hotel's famous bar,The Jungle Jetsetter Lounge, we bring you the "Pele's Kiss" Volcano Bowl Cocktail.
We will be raffling off the super exclusive "Pele's Kiss" , which, in the classic tradition of The Kahiki and Mai Kai Mystery Girls, the lucky raffle winner will get the flaming volcano bowl cocktail complete with a special dance and lei ceremony by Marina herself. Marina was once a Mystery Girl at the Mai Kai in Ft Lauderdale,and has performed this mysterious hypnotizing dance on many an occasion. This night,she will present the "Pele's Kiss" to the lucky winner. Raffle Tickets will be sold the night of the show.

The first 90 tickets will get special front room seating in the High Chief's Room where the band and Marina will be performing,and the rest of the seats will be in the beautiful Hidden Village, which has a great view of the stage. These tickets will be first come, first serve. There is no difference in price, so,once tickets go on sale, act fast to get the best seats.
All seats will be at tables,and Don's Will be serving dinner and cocktails in both rooms.

As if that's not enough,also on this night, The Hula Girls will be rockin' out their killer brand of Hulabilly in the Dagger Bar (admission is free)
We will be coordinating the shows with as little overlap as possible so everyone gets to enjoy both shows.

Please stay tuned to this thread, as we will be making more show announcements as they develop
Special thanx to Queen Kamehameha, Wildsville Man and Art Snyder for facilitating this great show with us. We look forward to returning to SoCal's Largest classic Tiki Temple.

Aloha, Baby! and we look forward to seeing everyone at the show.

Tickets :
$25 in advance (at tikiyakiorchestra.com)
$30 at the door

Don The Beachcomber
16278 Pacific Coast Highway
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
(562) 592-1321

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2011-08-28 23:58 ]

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2011-09-04 11:19 ]

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2011-09-05 10:34 ]

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2011-10-28 17:13 ]

WHOO!

Tell me more,
tell me more!

Date saved!

Cool! Date saved!

More to come soon....It will be epic.

B

Ooooo, the suspense is killin' me...

Rob

it's gonna be big, it's gonna be cool! can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

I had heard rumors about this. Oh my yes. I will be there.

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Aug 25, 2011 5:12 PM

...hmmm...okay!!

But what part of CA? North or South?

T

A good live show, you decide.
P.S. a big aloha to Hodad Hank, sorry i could not chop today.

I thought the bandleader swore never to set foot in the venue again.

T

Are you roasting a pig ? I know where to find one .

Will ya hurry up & tell us?!? I'm gonna be in SoCal that week & I need to know if should fly back Saturday or Sunday!

T

This particular event will be SoCal, but TOTALLY worth a trip from norcal too.
Details soon.

T

Fly back sunday !

T

On 2011-08-25 18:44, wikileakytiki wrote:

Funny,no venue was mentioned in this pre- announcement. Looks like Tiki Central has a new terrorist.

Hmmm, a Tikiyaki show on my birthday which is also the first day of my vacation. I must have blown out all of the candles last year.

kevin

On 2011-08-25 20:24, tikiyaki wrote:

On 2011-08-25 18:44, wikileakytiki wrote:

Funny,no venue was mentioned in this pre- announcement. Looks like Tiki Central has a new terrorist.

Hanford can trace it through the IP address. It would be funny to let us ALL know who the terrorist is!

I am guessing this terrorist is a sad individuel with not to many friends. And Less everyday because of stunts like this..........

Yeah, someone's bitter. Can't wait to see Tikiyaki again in SoCal!!
Way to go, Jim!

Hmm November 5th… even thought it's a couple months away and I had already planned on doing absolutely nothing that day I'll put Mysterious Tikiyaki Orchestra show on my calendar.

These are the kind of people I would like to avoid my little event in May. One or Two people like this can taint a good time for all.

I hear they can't volunteer at oasis anymore because of being such lushes.

Tikiyaki is awesome live and I will make the time to be at any location they play.

And if the band plays somewhere they said they would not play again,I am glad they resolved any issues that may have happened in the past. That's a positive not a negative.

Stop the drama.......

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2011-08-26 09:44 ]

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Aug 26, 2011 9:55 AM

...I'm hip to what's being said here! If I'm correct, it's a homecoming of sorts huh Jim?

Well, before we all resort to name calling and making assumptions, I've always preferred to be diplomatic when it comes to such issues here on TC.

We here on TC are s a tight knit little community, and a diverse one at that.... Artists, tiki carvers, musicians, lawyers, teachers, mortgage brokers, business owners/entrepeneurs....lots of different kinds of folks....SO....lets find out a little about Wikileakytiki, one of TC's newest members, like....

Where are you from ?

Male,female or "other"

Your name Wikileakytiki is a bit telling...are you a reporter for say, Wikileaks or Fox News ?

What Tiki Bars and restaurants do you frequent ?

What tiki events have you been to in the past year, and do you remember anything about them ?

What's your favorite sport ? (besides drinking)

Inquiring tiki minds would like to know. I look forward to finding out more about Wikileakytiki....

.Aloha,Baby!

J

There are 4 places truly worthy of a Tikiyaki O. performance...

1. That fantastic stage at Mojave Oasis - check

2. The Tikiyaki Polynesian Village Hotel (which suspiciously looks like P.S.) - check

3. The mighty Mai Kai - check

4. And then ???.... (I got my fingers crossed on this. :) )

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2011-08-26 16:40 ]

I'm hoping it's wear I hope it's at. So I can take a cab.

Since I'm stuffering from Oasis withdrawn, I CANNOT wait for this!

Yes, say it's so,say it's so, big daddy!

Jim, you're such a tease! :wink:

face book destruction party?

On 2011-08-25 18:57, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Are you roasting a pig ? I know where to find one .

where's the Like button?

OK, you've convinced me, I"m shifting my vacation a bit for this.

Definitely down for this. Date saved.

I have severe Tikiyaki Live Performance Withdrawal Syndrome, so I've booked a table at the place I really hope this show is going to be, just in case...

Is it at Budokan? :o

I need to renew my passport. :)

With Cheap Trick or Peter Frampton?

T

On 2011-08-27 23:46, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
With Cheap Trick or Peter Frampton?

Hell...BOTH....THAT would be a dream gig for me.

Do Youuu YOU FEEEEEL like we do ?

I want YOU to want ME !

WHOO !

Fund raising party for the L.A. Galaxy?

OK, It's Official !

Tickets on sale soon !

**SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5th : DON THE BEACHCOMBER, HUNTINGTON BEACH

THE TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA : "ALOHA, BABY! - The SHOW" with special guest star, MARINA THE FIRE EATING MERMAID**

Your Tikiyaki Polynesian Village Hotel Vacation Getaway comes to life, Saturday November 5th at Don The Beachcomber in Huntington Beach.

"Aloha, Baby! - The Show" will feature The Tikiyaki Orchestra performing the Polynesian Village Hotel Show with very special guest star,straight from the Wreck Bar in Ft Lauderdale, Florida, Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid, performing her dangerous and exotic fire eating act, and other exotic stunts.

Enjoy songs from the brand new album "Aloha, Baby!" being performed live for the first time, old Tikiyaki favorites, some classics, bongo beatdowns, bad jokes by Marty Lush, and everything else you've come to expect from The Tikiyaki Orchestra.

DJ Big Tiki Dude will be spinning the the tunes while the band is not on,and setting the mood just right.

**WIN A SPECIAL PELE'S KISS MYSTERY DANCE BY MARINA ! **
Straight from the Tikiyaki Polynesian Village Hotel's famous bar,The Jungle Jetsetter Lounge, we bring you the "Pele's Kiss" Volcano Bowl Cocktail.
We will be raffling off the super exclusive "Pele's Kiss" , which, in the classic tradition of The Kahiki and Mai Kai Mystery Girls, the lucky raffle winner will get the flaming volcano bowl cocktail complete with a special dance and lei ceremony by Marina herself. Marina was once a Mystery Girl at the Mai Kai in Ft Lauderdale,and has performed this mysterious hypnotizing dance on many an occasion. This night,she will present the "Pele's Kiss" to the lucky winner. Raffle Tickets will be sold the night of the show.

The first 80 tickets will get special front room seating in the High Chief's Room where the band and Marina will be performing,and the rest of the seats will be in the beautiful Hidden Village, which has a great view of the stage. These tickets will be first come, first serve. There is no difference in price, so,once tickets go on sale, act fast to get the best seats.
All seats will be at tables,and Don's Will be serving dinner and cocktails in both rooms.

As if that's not enough,also on this night, The Hula Girls will be rockin' out their killer brand of Hulabilly in the Dagger Bar (admission is free)
We will be coordinating the shows with as little overlap as possible so everyone gets to enjoy both shows.

Please stay tuned to this thread, as we will be making more show announcements as they develop
Special thanx to Queen Kamehameha, Wildsville Man and Art Snyder for facilitating this great show with us. We look forward to returning to SoCal's Largest classic Tiki Temple.

Aloha, Baby! and we look forward to seeing everyone at the show.

Tickets :
$25 in advance (at tikiyakiorchestra.com)
$30 at the door

Don The Beachcomber
16278 Pacific Coast Highway
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
(562) 592-1321

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2011-08-28 23:58 ]

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2011-09-05 10:34 ]

So in.........Don's and Tikiyaki are like peanut butter and jelly. A match made in heaven.

W

WHOO!!!

I knew it! great news.

The perfect way to warm-up before the holidays hit. Way to go, Tikiyaki. Can't wait.

WhAt A wAy 2 SpEnD My 45tH bIrThDaY !!! :o
CaNt WaIT....tHaNx TiKiYaKi !!! :o

Pages: 1 2 3 4 180 replies