Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Nov 5th - The Tikiyaki Orchestra w/special guest Marina The Mermaid at Don's ! - SOLD OUT !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 180 replies

God I hope Crazy Al was wearing underwear, he did look great in his Hadji (Johnny Quest)
outfit! (where was Bandit?)

Tanks Roger!

CA

Awesome Roger! great pics!!

This was aS Great as i was hoping it could have been!
Thanks Jim and Don's for the show!!!

I might me nutty enough to run around with only lawn clippings on, 'butt' I know no one wants to see the wardrobe malfunction pics... please keep them to the archives folks... thanks

On 2011-11-06 10:46, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
God I hope Crazy Al was wearing underwear, he did look great in his Hadji (Johnny Quest)
outfit! (where was Bandit?)

Tanks Roger!

nope.....

What a great night...everything I'd hoped it would be. Thanks to Tikiyaki, Marina, The Hula Girls, and to Don's for hosting. The vibe last night from everyone was incredible. Admittedly I don't remember much after Tikiyaki finished their show, but I was told I enjoyed The Hula Girls also. Happy birthday to me. :)

And yes, I seem to have lost my wedding band, so if anyone hears of a white gold wedding band being found please pm me. I may simply have put in my pants pocket to help prevent me from losing it (it's way too big, boring story), but Valerie and I left vacation at 430 this morning and I didn't have time to retrace my steps.

Pictures are forthcoming once we return from vacation.

Mahalo again all!

Kevin

Not one but 2 rooms of good music, good drinks and good people.

And good photos.

Any video footage of the many magical moments from Saturday night out there?

T

Great Nite !

Big Mahalos to everyone who made the trip with us to Tikiyaki Polynesian Village. We hope you enjoyed your stay.

This particular show took the efforts of many, so I have to say thanx to those folks.

Wife Coco, Daughter Angie for running the check in process, and , Tiki Tena and Sean for working with them to make sure it all went smoothly.
Stacey (soon the be) Gusek for working the Tikiyaki Gift shop
Jeff Big Tiki Dude for DJ'ing, Doing the lights and helping setup and breakdown.
Kirby for making that bitchin' Volcano with me and working the staging part of show
John Corbid aka diBroc for running the staging, and working the Marina Stage
Cindy Keiffer for lending Marina her awesome Tikiyaki Airways Stewardess outfit...and Mandy (Nelson's Tiki Hut) for the hat

Amy (Queen Kamehameha) and Rory Snyder for building the bridge back to Don's for us, and Art and Delia Snyder for having us back....it was great to be back !

Kari Hendler for hosting Marina and for that stellar intro announcing !
Marina was just amazing, and we plan to bring her back again....always super pro, and the perfect compliment to our music.
Crazy Al for bringin his "A Game" , taking the finale up 10 notches, and for dressing as a Swami !
My bandmates, who kicked butt, and Cap'n Lush for always writing such great dialogue !
Kelly Hiphipahula Reilly for making the awesome Pele's Kiss cocktail for the mystery girl presentation.
Lastly, thanx to everyone who came out for the show. We had an amazing time with you all.

Aloha, Baby ! and thank you for staying with us at Tikiyaki Polynesian Village Hotel !

Hope to see some of you on New Year's Eve in Palo Alto.

[ Edited by: Tikiyaki 2011-11-16 20:29 ]

The absolute best Tikiyaki Orchestra show to date! You gentleman are just top notch. Marina…literally smoking and so gracious and accommodating after the show. Don’s staff brought their A game and really stayed on it all night. It was nice to catch up with tiki friends.
Although being very close to maximum cruising altitude I could have swore I heard The Last Days of Summer slipped in there…..

AF

Wow, what a night! Tikiyaki & Marina, it was OUTSTANDING!

Any wonder why these people are smiling?

Because it was A Great Freekin' time.

thanks for the pics everyone,

Jeff(btd)

man, that was a crazy night!

BK

WOW! What a great show & a great way to end my vacation. Now, I'm gonna have to be content with looking at the photos & listening to the CDs to get me through another wonderful New England Winter.

TT

Nice pix A frame and HB TIKI...What an amazing event!!!
Here's the beginning of my contributions (with help from Eric October)...

T

Awesome pics everyone...keep em comin' !

TT

Okay fine...Here's some more...

Typical Tikiyaki show, which is to say it was perfect. The band, with Marina and Crazy Al, were awesome from start to finish.
Great seeing a lot of good friends in the friendly confines of Don's. Every "I" was dotted, every "t" was crossed, as I said in a word,
PERFECT!!

The Orchestra was in their finest form!

I did learn to never order the PuPu Platter from Don's ever again though.

Oh, and I thought Al was doing his tribute to Korla Pandit...

Perfect Show! Tikiyaki! Marina! A Mad Float of Crazy Al mixed in the pot! This is the Quintessential Combo Baby! The music sounded Album perfect new and older songs. I especially liked the Misirlou, Marina danced the dance and the Orchestra played their amazing rendition of Misirlou. What a fantastic evening!

AF

Awesome photos Tom!!
And what a stellar evening!

Tom - the photos just keep getting better all the time! Such a blast to see so many of the folks from near and far. Another memorable evening of rum-soaked smiles and swingin' tunes - let's do it again soon!

T

What a great performance! A head cold kept my socializing to a minimum. Just a few pics to share....

Crazy Al and his supermodel du jour!

Hey, baby.... wanna come up to my room?

See no evil, speak no evil.... but we're gonna hear about it!

TT

Here's some more photos for you to enjoy...This time it's the performance.

CA

oh. boy... you should see pg. 11!

[ Edited by: crazy al 2011-11-09 22:36 ]

T

Damn Tom, those pics are amazing !

CA

yes... but it is all about product placement... thanks Ted!

CA

my agent will be contacting you....

oh!'

TT

On 2011-11-09 23:48, tikiyaki wrote:
Damn Tom, those pics are amazing !

Thank you Maestro!
...But wait, there's more....

Here's some more photos...

CA

NICE!

TT

Thank you sir!

T

I'm with Al....GREAT PICS !

I've finally recovered from last weekend, and am able to type out this message: The show rocked. Period. Okay, not period. I have more to say. It was a memorable and electric night of music and exotic dance (thank you Marina and Crazy Al for the dance part). And, Tikiyaki, it was my pleasure to host Marina again and I look forward to doing it again. Her fun company is always welcome in my life.
And happy to have done the intro for you guys. I love doing that kind of stuff. Just tell me in advance I have to have my face closer to the mic next time. It's been too long since I was in a band, -- I'm in TV now! I'm used to mics moving closer to me, not the other way around!

RD

On 2011-11-07 10:22, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
Any video footage of the many magical moments from Saturday night out there?

My daughter took a couple of videos of Marina and showed me how to put them on you-tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilxoJPQM3PI (gets better focus 22 seconds in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dody0tGhGB8

Cheers!

Tikival and I are back from vacation (i.e. I'm by a computer I can upload to TC from) so here are a few of our photos from that night. Most of them were actually taken by Val, as I was too pre-occupied by the Tikiyaki Orchestra (and cocktails apparently) to operate a camera. Enjoy!

Oh and the missing wedding band had a happy ending. "Whew" is an understatement. Short version: not lost but found in pants pocket. Long version: better told over cocktails.

Kevin

On 2011-11-14 15:07, Rum Dog wrote:
My daughter took a couple of videos of Marina and showed me how to put them on you-tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilxoJPQM3PI (gets better focus 22 seconds in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dody0tGhGB8

Cheers!

Marvelous Movies!

Misurlou with Mermaid Marina was definitely a magnificent mystical musical moment.

Had an AMAZING time in LA with all you wonderful Exoticats!

Thanks to everyone who came to Don the Beachcomber for the show-- it was a truly wonderful experience. BIG mahalos to the Boys and crew from The Tikyaki Orchestra and Andre from Don the Beachcomber for making me a part of such a wonderful evening, to Marty Lush for the awesome improv-protittude, a bone-crushing hug to My "Tiger Lily" Kari Hendler & Mr. Spina for their amazing hospitality and taking such great care of this Waterlogged Wahine during her stay,Rebecca & Dave for the marvelous Purple Orchid welcome, to Crazy-Al and Ted Terrenoire for the dances & the nonstop laughs, to Grog for biting my pants'leg wink. To Kelly Hiphipahula Reilly for her sweet generosity and for the especially made 'Mermaid's Blood Tide' cocktail~ I LOVED IT~ MAHALO!

To all you crazy blokes who drove down & took the time off your looney schedules to meet at the Purple Orchid, Tiki Ti, Tonga Hut, Bahooka & Trader Sam's and say "Aloha"..
It really meant the world to me.
loving sigh

BIG hugs to Jim Bacchi for making it all possible.

Thank you--- all of you...

With great admiration,
Your Fire Eating Mermaid,
Marina

PS: What'cha doin' February??

[ Edited by: Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid! 2011-11-18 06:35 ]

[ Edited by: PiPhiRho 2011-12-11 08:36 ]

G
GROG posted on Sat, Dec 10, 2011 11:48 PM

From page 10 on this thread:

On 2011-11-06 12:10, crazy al wrote:

I might me nutty enough to run around with only lawn clippings on, 'butt' I know no one wants to see the wardrobe malfunction pics... please keep them to the archives folks... thanks

Pages: 1 2 3 4 180 replies