Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Nov 5th - The Tikiyaki Orchestra w/special guest Marina The Mermaid at Don's ! - SOLD OUT !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 180 replies

T

Yes, tickets for the high chief's room are sold out, and the hidden village is selling fast. Get em' folks, this is a special one for sure.

T

One month away folks....still some tickets in the Hidden Village available. Don't wait until the last minute.

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2011-10-05 12:27 ]

You know I am in.

I want my Pele's Kiss

This should be a great show. Just seeing the Tikiyaki Guy's at Don's feels right,But ad in a Special Guest from Florida and that spells BONUS!!!!! Dig?

Woohoo! Just got some Nor Cal TC Ohana to purchase tickets for this event. Don's + Tikiyaki
Orchestra.......so many Special Memories!!

TT

StIlL cAnT BelIeVe TiKiYaKi O WiLl B CelEbRaTiNg My 45 Th BiRtHdAy WiTh mE!!!! Woooo Hoooo :o)

[ Edited by: TiKi TiFfY 2011-10-09 17:05 ]

BK

I bought my tickets on 9/4. Are there actual physical tickets or am I on a list? This is really the icing on the cake for my vacation.

T

On 2011-10-09 09:53, Big Kahuna wrote:
I bought my tickets on 9/4. Are there actual physical tickets or am I on a list? This is really the icing on the cake for my vacation.

We will keep a list at the door, but BRING A PRINTOUT OF YOUR PAYPAL RECEIPT...this will serve as a ticket.

BK

Gotcha!

Not to derail this, but I wanted to remind everyone that The Hula Girls will be in the Dagger Bar that night as well. We WILL have our dancers with us on the light up go-go boxes too.

We're very excited to be the side show to what will surely be another amazing Tikiyaki event!

TT

Can't wait for the show!

Folks....we're getting close to sold out....about 30 seats left. Get em' before they go.

couple weeks away

hI EvErYoNe :) i BoUgHt 2 TiCkEtS 4 ThE cHiEf RoOm @ dOnS FoR ThE nOvEmBeR 5Th TiKiYaKi O ShOw..... I wIlL NoW Be OuT Of ToWn AnD CaNt Go :( So....WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO BUY 2 TIX FROM ME ???? IF SO PLEASE EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW ASAP.....THANX BUNCHES...HOPE SOMEONE ELSE CAN HAVE A SUPER FUN TIME :)

On 2011-10-23 21:41, TiKi TiFfY wrote:
hI EvErYoNe :) i BoUgHt 2 TiCkEtS 4 ThE cHiEf RoOm @ dOnS FoR ThE nOvEmBeR 5Th TiKiYaKi O ShOw..... I wIlL NoW Be OuT Of ToWn AnD CaNt Go :( So....WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO BUY 2 TIX FROM ME ???? IF SO PLEASE EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW ASAP.....THANX BUNCHES...HOPE SOMEONE ELSE CAN HAVE A SUPER FUN TIME :)

Jump on it folks, there are only 8 TICKETS LEFT FOR THIS SHOW, then we are SOLD OUT ! And those are FRONT ROOM TICKETS !

tIcKeTs R sOlD :) ThaNx!!!!

I already ordered my new dress for the occasion. I can not wait for this to happen already!

Bump! This is going to be legend... wait for it... ary.

4 tickets left !!!

Got my ticket! Looking forward to fun show!

Folks....there is 1 ticket left....Someone grab it !

J

If someone needs another ticket to make that last (above) ticket a pair, please PM me.

I have a spare ticket.

T

Sold out !

CA

awesome!

J

I still have an extra ticket...

T

SHOW DETAILS

ADDRESS :
Don The Beachcomber
16278 Pacific Coast Highway
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
(562) 592-1321

TICKETS
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING A PRINTOUT OF YOUR PAYPAL RECEIPT - THIS IS YOUR TICKET ! We will be checking names at the door, but you MUST bring your Paypal receipt to gain entrance.
You will be given a wristband - The High Chief's Room and Hidden Village will have different colored wristbands. YOU MUST WEAR YOUR WRISTBAND TO GAIN ENTRANCE (AND RE-ENTRANCE) TO THE SHOW.

DOORS AND SHOWTIME
Doors open at 6:30. Seating will be done by the staff at Don The Beachcomber and will be first come, first served.
After you've checked in with the Tikiyaki Show staff, a Don The Beachcomber host or hostess will bring you to your seats
Show time is at 8:00

FOOD AND DRINK
Don's will be serving a limited food item menu.Check with the restaurant for details. There will be 2 bars in the show rooms. A full cocktail bar,and a beer only bar, and wait staff service in both rooms.
Contact with the restaurant if you have any food and beverage questions. There will be over 200 people at this show. The staff at Don's will be working very hard, but, please be patient....It will be busy night.

TIKIYAKI POLYNESIAN VILLAGE GIFT SHOP
Tikiyaki Orcehstra merchandise will be available at the Polynesian Village Gift Shop, just inside the entrance to the show.
If you haven't gotten your Limited Edition Vacation getaway package, this is a great chance to save on shipping, and pick one up here.
We will also have CD's , Mugs, T-Shirts and more great Tikiyaki Merchandise.

PELE'S KISS MYSTERY BOWL COCKTAIL CEREMONY
Raffle tickets for the Special Pele's Kiss Mystery Girl Ceremony and Cocktail will be available at the front door for $10 each (no limit)
The lucky winner will get a personal Mystery Dance Ceremony performed by Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid herself, including lei and Pele's Kiss Flaming Cocktail Bowl for 4 (bowl is not included)
This is a classic, time honored ritual performed in original Tiki Temples like The Mai Kai in Ft Lauderdale and the now defunct Kahiki in Columbus Ohio.
Marina was a Mystery Girl at the Mai Kai for some time, and has performed this ritual many times. At this time, the only other place you can get a Mystery Girl dance is in the Mai Kai, so this is a very rare and special treat for the SoCal Ohana.
So, don't miss out on this rare opportunity to experience this classic Polynesian Pop ceremony.
The drawing will be between sets, and the presentation will be in the middle of the second set.
YOU MUST BE 21 YEARS OLD OR OLDER TO ENTER THE CONTEST.

FIRE !!!!
Marina will be performing a live fire eating act. If this makes you uncomfortable please leave the room.
KIDS, DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME, Marina is a trained professional !

**DRESS YOUR BEST. **Aloha Wear is highly encouraged.

DRINKING
Please drink responsibly. Please have a designated driver if you plan to drink. Just because Captain Lush flies a plane from the cocktail lounge, doesn't mean you should

We're looking forward to welcoming you to Tikiyaki Polynesian Village Hotel.

Aloha, Baby! - We'll see you on Nov 5th.

Tikiyaki International

And I will be DJing for your drinking and dining pleasure before the band starts.

Jeff(btd)

G
GROG posted on Sat, Oct 29, 2011 10:46 AM

Yay Marina!! GROG love Marina.

Cute picture! Nice...shells.

J

It's a good thing Don's doesn't have a pool...

"Mom, why did that pilot fall in the pool? I hope the mermaids help him get out."

Wreck Bar during Hukilau 2011

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2011-10-30 13:54 ]

Anyone know if there are any hotels/motels within walking distance of the venue? If not I'm looking for close, cheap and cool (like my women), if possible, any suggestions? Thanks. Steve(the narc)

T

On 2011-10-31 09:21, stevenjames wrote:
Anyone know if there are any hotels/motels within walking distance of the venue? If not I'm looking for close, cheap and cool (like my women), if possible, any suggestions? Thanks. Steve(the narc)

The 777 is right next door. Ocean view Motel just past that.Both are dumpy, but it's within stumbling distance. The Sinatra is nicer, but not quite walking distance

A link for the lodging.

777 Motor Inn

Ocean View

[ Edited by: KING BUSHWICH THE 33RD 2011-10-31 10:47 ]

Thanks for the information, the 777 or Ocean View it is. See you all there.

Hubby's flight back from Chicago arrives too late at LAX to make the show. Damn it! So I now have 2 tickets if anyone wants to buy them. They are not in the High Chief's Room though. Let me know if you're interested. I can send you the PayPal receipt which seems to be all that is needed to collect tickets. $52 for the pair (no profit for me). Thanks

On 2011-10-31 10:22, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
A link for the lodging.

777 Motor Inn

Ocean View

The Best western is a half mile down PCH and is decorated Tiki!

T

On 2011-11-01 18:49, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:

On 2011-10-31 10:22, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
A link for the lodging.

777 Motor Inn

Ocean View

REALLY ? Decorated Tiki ??? WHo knew ?

All right guy's, someone must have told these people I was coming to this Tikiyaki Gig and that seating was first come-first seated.

It's important that we get good seats to check out that Mermaid Chick .

so I think we need to go in shooting.

Also, "Danno stop being a chick and always complaining"

T

Getting on Tikiyaki Airways right now for the transcontinental flight to the show. Can't wait. TB

I stayed here last month and the rooms were fine. Breakfast was lame, but still a good hotel. About 15 minute walk.

P

Check priceline. They have rooms at the Ocean View for $46 a night. Don't expect luxury diggs, though. Ocean View is kind of sub Motel 6. I booked a room at the Sanatra through expedia. A little more, but a much nicer hotel.

Some o the hotels are pretty crusty for sure but you can stumble to them. I stay at the Ramada down the street, not bad no bed bugs :wink:See you all at the show I get to go yay!

I have 1 ticket for sale in the Hidden Village $25 if your interested PM me :)

Looking forward to a great evening at Don the Beachcomber!!!!

Yes, for the pm's the ticket is in the hidden village $25 but pm me. First one that pm's gets it.

J
JOHN-O posted on Sun, Nov 6, 2011 7:02 AM

So if you lead a good Tiki life, say your Tiki prayers each day, and live by the holy Book of Tiki, you get to go to Tiki heaven in the afterlife. What's that like?...

EXACTLY like Don's last night !! :)

We had Tikiyaki O (with Marina the Fire Breathing Mermaid) in the High Chief's Room and The Hula Girls (with Miss Dinah DeRosa and Miss Judy Luck) in the Dagger Bar. At the same time !!

Yes it was Tiki heaven.

:tiki: :drink: :music: :tiki: :drink: :music: :tiki: :drink: :music:

E
ESP182 posted on Sun, Nov 6, 2011 8:23 AM

Great shows. Thanks Tikiyaki for playing Don's again the place is like your own Batcave. Thanks Marina for coming out from Florida to do the show! Hula Girls - again well done. Al - well it isn't a tiki event without Al topless somehow. Kirby - well done on the volcano.

[ Edited by: ESP182 2011-11-14 10:58 ]

Great to see all of you last night, now bring on the pictures....cringe.....

HT

Great event at DTB last night with TIKIYATA , Marina , and especially CRAZY AL. I enjoyed being with my Tiki Family.

[ Edited by: HB TIKI 2011-11-06 11:37 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 180 replies