Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Nov 5th - The Tikiyaki Orchestra w/special guest Marina The Mermaid at Don's ! - SOLD OUT !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 180 replies

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Aug 29, 2011 7:59 AM

EXACTLY!! I knew it!

Congrats Tikiyaki Orchestra - your return to DTB makes me smile :) :) :)

is Marina going to swim in the fountain?

Super excited to see The Tikiyaki Orchestra back at Don the Beachcomber!! The perfect setting for such an amazing exotica band!

As Jim mentioned, The Hula Girls will be playing three sets of music in the Dagger Bar that night. we're stoked to be part of this amazing event!

We're excited about this as well...as many of you know, Tikiyaki and Don's have special memories for us (my wife Dannelle and I were married in the Hidden Village with Tikiyaki playing at the reception). This will be the first time since that day that we will have seen them there, can't wait! Like John-O said, there's only so many venues that can truly showcase the "Tikiyaki Experience", so glad you guys are back!

http://youtu.be/G8VtamusyfQ

Here's a video from the wedding reception, with the inimitable Marty Lush as Master of Ceremonies.

HT

My wife and I are looking forward to this great event at Dons the Beachcomber with Tikiyaki, we have enjoyed them at Don's in the past.

E

Wait...Hula Girls (3 sets in the Dagger Bar) PLUS Tikiyaki PLUS Marina PLUS Rory Wyldsville Man himself in the flesh - ALL LIVE AT DON'S IN ONE DAY?!?!

The Tikipocolypse is upon us!!

Aloooohhhhaa!!

PS - You really didn't have to pull this altogether for Heylownine's birthday, but its quite kind of you all :)

PPS - Can we get a Crazy Al toast too?

[ Edited by: ESP182 2011-08-29 10:22 ]

[ Edited by: ESP182 2011-08-29 11:14 ]

CA

whoo! not to harp... but maybe this wiki-waki thing was a promotional 'ping' in excitement of an very-unexpected treat!
(just keeping a positive spin on whatever that all was)

I, for one, hoped/prayed for a happening such as this! I'm so damn giddy about this gig..... WHOO! if that is a tiki term??

Any ETA on when tickets will be available? I want to be sure to get in the High Chief's Room.

On 2011-08-29 10:50, crazy al wrote:
whoo!... I, for one, hoped/prayed for a happening such as this! I'm so damn giddy about this gig..... WHOO! if that is a tiki term??

Al-I believe the tiki term you're looking for is "WooooooHoooooOOOOooooooooooooo!" It will be great to see the Tikiyaki Orchestra back in the Tiki Paradise that is Don the Beachcomber! And throw in the Hula Girls in the Dagger Bar...That is the icing on the cake!

YES!

On 2011-08-29 10:20, ESP182 wrote:
Wait...Hula Girls (3 sets in the Dagger Bar) PLUS Tikiyaki PLUS Marina PLUS Rory Wyldsville Man himself in the flesh - ALL LIVE AT DON'S IN ONE DAY?!?!

The Tikipocolypse is upon us!!

Aloooohhhhaa!!

PS - You really didn't have to pull this altogether for Heylownine's birthday, but its quite kind of you all :)

PPS - Can we get a Crazy Al toast too?

[ Edited by: ESP182 2011-08-29 10:22 ]

[ Edited by: ESP182 2011-08-29 11:14 ]

Admittedly, it's like someone had a birthday wish list of mine and just checked each item off one by one...needless to say I'm really looking forward to this show.

Kevin

I am so excited-Mahalo to the Tikiyaki peeps for making me a part of this special event!!!-
Got some swell special little numbers I'm putting together just for the occasion!!
Can't wait to see you all there!!
GRIN

Marina

[ Edited by: Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid! 2011-08-29 22:32 ]

Soooo.... Are all 3 of us "Boylan's Bitches" gonna be there?

We can play soccer in the parking lot!

This is gonna be the best show ever!!!

Tikiyaki and Don's a perfect fit!!!

And.....Marina Awesome!!!

Yee Haw!!!!!!!!!

Epic!!!!!! glad you guys are back at Don's great news for you and the club!! See you there

On 2011-08-25 18:44, wikileakytiki wrote:
I thought the bandleader swore never to set foot in the venue again.

As the great Roger Miller said, "everything changes a little, and it should, good ain't forever, and bad ain't for good"
We are all grateful that, whatever the past hIstory, Tikiyaki and Don's are back together.We ALL win!!!!!!!

Tickets! Tickets!
When can we toss our money at you?

Sounds like a great show! I'm planning on being there with Little Blue. See ya, Bitzches. :wink: (Trevor made me say that)
Kiki von Lichtenstein

AF

THEY'RE BACK!!!
To extricate the ghosts of the past! This is really good news!

M

Chicken skin!

T

**TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE !!! **

go to http://tikiyakiorchestra.com/ to purchase.

Done!!!!! Is there a long distance award! :D

T

LOL...We usually do this, so, yea....Long Distance travelers always get something for their travels.

Got 'Em! High Chief's room FTW!

B

Got mine. See you all there!

BK

On 2011-09-04 12:19, tikiyaki wrote:
LOL...We usually do this, so, yea....Long Distance travelers always get something for their travels.

Really? I was just messin'!

Sweeeet!

Chief'n it.
Hopefully we'll be so close we can feel the heat comin' off Marina. Her fire torches, ya pervs.

2 tickets purchased. Aloha, Baby!

kevin

TK

On 2011-08-30 13:15, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
Sounds like a great show! I'm planning on being there with Little Blue. See ya, Bitzches. :wink: (Trevor made me say that)
Kiki von Lichtenstein

LOL!!! I just saw this and showed Trev, Kiki. He's very proud of his little Von Lichtenstein. :wink:

Deanna

TK

P.S. Tickets purchased!

P.P.S. This event warms my cockles. :)

T

forgot to mention... DJ Big Tiki Dude will be spinning the the tunes while the band is not on,and setting the mood just right.

PuRcHaSeD TiCkEtS 2 ThE BeStEsT 45th BiRtHdAy CeLeBrAtIoN i CoUlD EvEr HaVe!!!!
ThAnX ToNs 4 HaViNg ThIs On My bIrThDaY!!!!!!:o) :o) :o)

On 2011-09-05 10:38, tikiyaki wrote:
forgot to mention... DJ Big Tiki Dude will be spinning the the tunes while the band is not on,and setting the mood just right.

Wooot!!!
Thanks Jim,
It's always a pleasure to work with such a classy act as Tikiyaki.

Jeff(btd)

edit to change at to as

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2011-09-05 16:05 ]

T

Folks....we've sold alot of the tickets to the High Chief's room already. There are still seats in there but they're going fast.

Get your tickets early for the best view of the band and Marina.

http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

T

Can we get our table as close to Jon Paul as possible as we are the only 2 members of his official fan club ?

Hell, my wife and I would join that fan club. Z

On 2011-09-06 23:00, tikiyaki wrote:
Folks....we've sold alot of the tickets to the High Chief's room already. There are still seats in there but they're going fast.

Get your tickets early for the best view of the band and Marina.

http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

I wanna Sit as close to Marina as possible, The rest of you guy's can play behind a tarp for all I care............

Just Joking,

W

T

On 2011-09-07 12:17, Wildsville man wrote:

I wanna Sit as close to Marina as possible, The rest of you guy's can play behind a tarp for all I care............

Just Joking,

W

No you're not. :)

Your Right!!!!

T

Wouldn't miss this show for the world. Flights are booked to LA and we'll be seeing you at the show!!

On 2011-09-07 07:04, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Can we get our table as close to Jon Paul as possible as we are the only 2 members of his official fan club ?

excuse me, I'm not only a member of the JP fan club,
but I'm the founder, and president.
:o :roll:

Jeff(btd)

We're so excited....!
Just purchased 4 tickets & we're bringing some friends to
experience their first Tikiyaki show,
they will be celebrating their 35th anniversary
and we will be celebrating Mr. Flaming Tiki's (David's) birthday.

T

**WIN A SPECIAL PELE'S KISS MYSTERY DANCE BY MARINA ! **
Straight from the Tikiyaki Polynesian Village Hotel's famous bar,The Jungle Jetsetter Lounge, we bring you the "Pele's Kiss" Volcano Bowl Cocktail.
We will be raffling off the super exclusive "Pele's Kiss" , which, in the classic tradition of The Kahiki and Mai Kai Mystery Girls, the lucky raffle winner will get the flaming volcano bowl cocktail complete with a special dance and lei ceremony by Marina herself. Marina was once a Mystery Girl at the Mai Kai in Ft Lauderdale,and has performed this mysterious hypnotizing dance on many an occasion. This night,she will present the "Pele's Kiss" to the lucky winner. Raffle Tickets are $10 each - no limit will be sold the night of the show.

One ticket left in the High Chief's room, then it's all Hidden Village seating after that. Someone get it !

Looking forward to it! The Bearded Bastard and I will be enjoying cocktails with the Chief!

T

Sweet ! High Chief's Room is SOLD OUT ! Only Hidden Village seating available now, but the view from in there is still great,and it IS, after all,the Hidden Village, so it's awesome in there.

Congrats Jim,

bump,
reminder, get tix before it sells out.
you won't want to miss this show.
The Boys and Girl, are pulling out all the stops for this one.

Jeff(btd)

edited to add a s to Boy

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2011-09-20 21:59 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 180 replies