Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

MikeMania 2011- Memorial Services for Mike December 4. Please see page 8 for details

Pages: 1 2 3 126 replies

MikeMania 2011- A "Fun"Raiser for Mike Adler Sept 17 @ 6PM at Don the Beachcomber HB Tickets on sale soon!!!

When: September 17, 2011 6PM ‘til Midnight

Where: Don the Beachcomber Restaurant, Huntington Beach, CA

What: A "Fun"Raiser for Mike Adler: A week before Tiki Oasis Karen, Mike Adler's wife told us that they couldn't make Oasis this year. Mike Alder, the owner of the Picture Show Gallery in Seal Beach was just diagnosed with Metastic Adenocarcinoma. Mike is a true friend of the tiki community as well as the local business and social communities he lives and works in. We have spoke to his family and they think its a good idea to have a get-together or show of support. So we are going to have a "Party" or "Show of Support" for Mike!!!

Why: Because we can! And we care!!!

Who: The Hula Girls, Thee Swank Bastards and The Ding Dong Devils!!!!

Cost: $20 To purchase tickets: Help Mike You can buy as many tickets as you'd like! :wink:

**This will be a benefit for Mike and his family. If you'd like to help out or participate, please PM WooHooWahine or myself.

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2011-11-29 08:23 ]

Mike is a Great guy,
so sorry to hear about this,
I will be there.

Jeff(btd)

HT

Please count my family to attend, my wife was Mike's sister kindergarden teacher at Tramura and we know his parent.

So sorry to hear about this as well. Mike is an absolute great guy! The Hula Girls are already booked at Don's on the 17th, but we'd love to do what we can for the event.

We will be there because like many others I consider Mike extended ohana. His absence at Tiki Oasis this year was felt before we even got there. He usually calls me when we are in route all fired up, asking when we will be arriving since he is usually already poolside and in full on Tiki Oasis mode. Mike is the most energetic, positive, stoked guy I know and his laugh and energy is contagious. Mike can go anywhere and make it fun . When I first got the news I had a hard time processing it. I went through a lot of stages of grief. Then I remembered who we are talking about. Mike is not somebody that is just going to throw up his hands and surrender. Mike is a hard charger and if anybody can conquer this bullshit, he’s da guy!!! So along with our positive thoughts and energy we should all look forward to many more good times with our friend Mike. Because in his words and I quote. “I can do anything im Mike Fuckin Adler”. Love that guy!!!!!!!

We are sad to hear about this.

Thank you everyone who has chimed in already to show their support! This will be a great coming together of the tiki ohana for one of it's own! Keep the donations and suggestions rolling! More info soon!

Like Mongoloid I noticed Mike was not poolside this year at Tiki Oasis. Every year I'm greeted by that big Mike Adler smile and that Mike Adler energy. Later that day I was told why Mike was not there, Oasis was just not the same without ya. Your In my prayers and in my thoughts Mike. And yeah you are Mike Fuckin' Adler!!

Not the same without the Adler Ohana at their designated pool table!

Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to : GoTiki, HBTiki, Big Toe, Tiki Farm, Fluff, Swampfire,Happy Chi, and Falling Cocos for being the first ones up to bat with donations for our Raffle Drawing for This Very Special Event for Mike Adler. This is what the true spirit of the TC Ohana is all about....being there for each other wthen we need some help. Keep those donations coming! MAHALO!

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2011-08-27 12:48 ]

On 2011-08-27 08:39, WooHooWahine wrote:
Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to : GoTiki, HBTiki, Big Toe, Tiki Farm, Fluff, Swampfire,Happy Chi, and Falling Cocos for being the first ones up to bat with donations for our Raffle Drawing for This Very Special Event for Mike Adler. This is what the true spirit of the TC Ohana is all about....being there for each other wthen we need some help. Keep those donations coming! MAHALO!

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2011-08-27 12:48 ]

If you are interested in donating a prize for our Raffle you can PM me or send an email to [email protected] :)

Mike is a Very Special Person and Friend..let's show him The Ohana Spirit though this event. :)

Mike is the real deal. Great Family Guy who always has a smile on his face. I wish the Adler Family all my best and look forward to seeing Mike running security again next May.

But maybe letting the owners of the hotel through this time.

I send all my positive energy your way and best wishes.

Its not a party without you my friend.

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2011-08-28 14:58 ]

On 2011-08-27 21:12, Wildsville man wrote:

Its not a party without you my friend.

I agree with Rory. That picture was one of many great parties we threw in room 135 at the Caliente Tropice for Tiki Caliente 2.

Mike, we'll be seeing you soon. Fight the good fight!

T

Mike is one of the best people I've ever met. He's made me laugh about a thousand times and has made every single event I've attended with him a blast. Mike is a great person and a close friend to many of us. Make sure to save the date and come out and show your support for Mike and his family. He will beat this.

What I plan on doing and my suggestion is if you plan on donating for the raffle, purchase an item from Mikes shop on your way to the fundraiser @ 231 Main Street Seal Beach, CA 90740 (562) 598-1600. (It's only about 3 miles from Dons) and that way Mike will benefit twofold. Lots of tiki mugs, and artists such as Shag, Derek Yaniger, Big Toe, Doug Horne, Heather Watts & Wade Koniakowsky & more.

That is an Awesome Idea......Mikes frame shop is mind blowing in person. If you are in the market for a Shag Print ,you will find prints that are long Sold Out well below what you would find them at the galleries for.

I will be running down in the next week or so to get some art framed. They do all my framing baby.

[ Edited by: wildsville man 2011-08-28 14:56 ]

H

This was extremely bad news to hear when I arrived at Oasis. I have known Mike and his family for years and consider them my extended family. It definately was not the same with out his positive/fun energy at Oasis this year and my little MaKenna helping me in my booth. I hope that we can rally as much artist/bands and patrons as possible for this event. This man is an asset to the Tiki community and has been a huge supporter to many artists through his gallery in Seal Beach for years. This is the least we can do :)

MUCH LOVE GOES OUT TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY MIKE!!

On 2011-08-28 11:34, Wildsville man wrote:
I will be running down in the next week or so to get some art framed. They do all my framing baby.

Unfortunately, there is no one to do the framing right now. When Mike is feeling better he'll be there to make framing magic again!

There are tons of great prints already framed and ready for purchase in the shop. There is a good amount of Shag items as well as all of our "tiki" artists AND tiki mugs!!! So stop by and say "hi" to Linda and keep her busy!

Keep Mike in your prayers and send good mana his direction.

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2011-08-28 20:47 ]

Page 1 is updated for purchasing tickets for the event. even if you cannot attend you can show your support by buying tickets. You can buy as many as you'd like and ALL the money goes directly to Mike and his family.

Purchase here: Help Mike

Thank you for your support!

T

Tickets purchased! BUMP

Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to Swampfire, Happy Chi, Falling Cocos, Scott Eskridge, The Hula Girls, M Modern, and The Shag Store for being the first ones up to bat with donations for our Raffle Drawing for This Very Special Event for Mike Adler. This is what the true spirit of the TC Ohana is all about....being there for each other wthen we need some help. Keep those donations coming! MAHALO!

Mike is a Very Special Person and Friend..let's show him The Ohana Spirit though this event. :)

If you are interested in donating a prize for our Raffle you can PM me or send an email to [email protected] :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2011-08-30 17:35 ]

There are tons of great prints already framed and ready for purchase in the shop. So stop by and say "hi" to Linda and keep her busy!

Mike has been a big supporter of my art over the years, he has a whole wall dedicated to Doug Horne art. Head down to the The Picture Show Gallery and buy already framed art by myself and other TC artists. He has some prints that I no longer have or sell myself (sold out editions).

Picture show gallery
231 Main Street
Seal Beach, CA 90740
(562) 598-1600

Just in... The Hula Girls, The Ding Dong Devils & Thee Swank Bastards will be playing! Stay tuned for more info!

Mike is awesome and I am willing to help out however I can. He's the coolest framer around!

PM sent...

On 2011-08-31 00:35, Polynesiac wrote:
Mike is awesome and I am willing to help out however I can. He's the coolest framer around!

PM sent...

Mahalo Polynesiac! I'd also like to Thank Little Lost Tiki and The Ding Dong Devils for their donations too. Keep those donations coming!!! :)

We will need all donations by Monday, September 12. SoccerTiki and I will be at Don's Monday, Sept. 5 & Sept. 12 if you would like to drop your donations off or you can PM me to make other arrangements. Mahalo!

On 2011-08-30 06:39, WooHooWahine wrote:

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2011-08-31 18:53 ]

E

Never met Mike, but anything to help out a fellow tikiphile. Thanks to Don's for allowing another great fundraising event!

We will be at Don's tonight at 5:30 if you have your Raffle Prize Donations ready to drop off :)

On 2011-08-31 18:50, WooHooWahine wrote:

We will need all donations by Monday, September 12. SoccerTiki and I will be at Don's Monday, Sept. 5 & Sept. 12 if you would like to drop your donations off or you can PM me to make other arrangements. Mahalo!  

On 2011-08-30 06:39, WooHooWahine wrote:

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2011-08-31 18:53 ]

mike the martini kings are thinking of you and your family.get well mike, we need your positive vibes and smile!
best ,
tony
count us in for lots o swag for the raffle fundraiser as well.

On 2011-09-05 10:23, martini kings wrote:
mike the martini kings are thinking of you and your family.get well mike, we need your positive vibes and smile!
best ,
tony
count us in for lots o swag for the raffle fundraiser as well.

You guys are the best!!!

RD

Mikemania Tickets purchased. I will try to win a raffle or two.

A visit to my hometown of Seal Beach is not complete without a walk on the pier and a stop at the Picture Show Gallery to talk with Mike and pick up a tiki mug or two.

Thanks Soccer Tiki & WooHoo Wahine for organizing this event.

As I don't believe I can make this AWESOME Event for the Great Mike Adler,I find myself trying to participate in the best way I can.
The Crew from Goin'Primitive (Ernie Keen,Amy and Ray Boylan and Myself) would like to put up our #1 Artist Proof Mug on Ebay Auction for the Adler Family.
We had 2 other Artist Mugs on Ebay that went for Over $200 each. !00% of the Sales price will go to a personal check to the family.

We choose Ebay because we wanted to bring in Top Dollar for the Cause.

It would be nice to see the Everyday collector,look into there own collection of mug's and release one of there prized possessions to Ebay for this cause too.
We should not always just ask of the Artist.

Good Luck with the Event and God Bless the Adler's.

This is "The Blue over Mike" Mug

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260848910295#ht_500wt_1135

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2011-09-05 20:15 ]

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2011-09-05 20:50 ]

MB

I think a personal check made out to the Adlers (Karen/Mike) is a fabulous idea!

Mahalo! Mahalo to The Goin' Primitive Crew for their donation :)

Sending a Giant Mahalo to SHAG for his generous donations for The MikeMania 2011 Silent Auction. Both of these pieces are artist proof prints from sold out editions, archivally framed and matted.

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2011-09-06 20:18 ]

The place to be September 17, 2011

Cost: $20 To purchase tickets: Help Mike You can buy as many tickets as you'd like! :wink:

Great Poster Mr Doug Horne.

Chris are you showing that Mug because you are going to have it in the Raffle or Auction? That would bring in the Dollars!!!!!!!! Dig?

T

MikeMania is now on yelp events:

http://www.yelp.com/events/huntington-beach-mikemania

Even if you can't attend, show your support by purchasing a ticket, and a special thanks to all those who've already shown their support.

T

Another fabulous donation was made to Mike Mania and dropped off at Mike's, The Picture Show, gallery. It is an original by Pam Calore, said to be valued at over $1000!

Thank you to Pam and to all of the generous donors, and thanks to all of you who have purchased and/or are planning to purchase tickets to the event!

We love you Mike!

Hi Friends and Supporter's Mike and his family. I'm sending two Forbidden Island Tiki Crate Statues for the auction. I don't know if I've met Mike but I certainly know the fight he is currently in and want to be involved in this event. Tiki Central and it's people are the best. Wendy

The donations are rolling in! Thank you to all, Artists and Friends who have been contributing to this "Fun" Raiser! We should have many incredible items for both the silent auction and the raffle. Please stop by on the 17th for a little ohana fellowship and support. (Not to mention some great drinks, food and Music!!!)

To purchase tickets: Help Mike You can buy as many tickets as you'd like! :wink:

http://www.DonTheBeachcomber.com
http://www.tikioasis.com

"Marriage, Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2011-09-09 09:07 ]

I am telling as many people as I can to go to this. He is such a warm, happy and funny guy. I love his wife and daughter. He always helps me shopping at his store and we experienced an earthquake together in his store! In the picture above he told me to go to that room to have a fun drink. I always look forward to the new plastic cup to come out at poolside at Tiki O or Tiki anything! I love you Mike and we are here for you. Stay strong!

Your friend,

Kuke Combs

Just a Reminder: We need all Raffle Prizes & Silent Auction Items for Mike Mania by Monday, September 12th. I will be at The Marlin Bar tonight and at Don's on Mon., Sept. 12 if you are in the area and have something to drop off. Please PM me or Email me at [email protected] if you can't make it to either of these places and would like to make other arrangements. Mahalo!!!

If you are interested in donating a prize for our Raffle or Silent Auction you can PM me or send an email to [email protected] :)  

Some more great items for the raffle and silent auction:

Mahalos to HotTiki, HB Tiki, John O, Congawa and others!!!

Thank you SHAG for your donation....2 AP's signed, framed and ready to hang!!! Get ready to bid on these beauties!

"Kava Kava Man" Artist Proof, Sold Out Edition. 12 color serigraph. 40cm x 56cm (16" x 22") © 2003 Shag

"The Envious Girlfriend" Artist Proof, Sold Out Edition - 12 color serigraph, 36cm x 56cm (14" x 22"), © 2002 Shag

Here're the pieces donated by Ken Ruzic!!!
"the Happy Platter"

"the Provider"

"Land of the Mermaids" (Angelfish)
limited edition print-only 25 made

"Land of the Mermaids" (Seahorse)
limited edition print-only 25 made

Thanks LLT!!!

GT

To the Adler family, Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Here is our donation for the silent auction, Price should start at $150.00 We hope this can help a bit.

From the land of exotica, The queen of exotic music Yma Sumac, Listen to the sounds Xtabay and enjoy a rum based cocktail with your friends, With a cocktail bowl of Xtabentun, This is a one and only item, So bid high for the Adler family, We will also include a bottle of this exotic nectar, From the far away jungle. Hope all is well Mike, Gogo and Dani

Pages: 1 2 3 126 replies