Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

MikeMania 2011- Memorial Services for Mike December 4. Please see page 8 for details

Pages: 1 2 3 126 replies

B

FANTASTIC event by Soccer Tiki, Woohoo and the rest of the gang!

It was really touching to see the amazing outpouring of love by our lil' tiki community for Bradda Mike.

a huge MAhalo to everyone who came out (the joint was jumping), who bought art and raffle tix, to the artists and collectors for their generous kick-down (some folks really scored some great deals), to Doug for the kool event poster, to the bands and the patient staff at Dons.
WE LOVE YOU MIKE!!!!!!!!!!

C

Thanks to Soccer Tiki and Woohoo for organizing Mike Mania, and for everyone who volunteered, donated items or services, or otherwise assisted for Mike! It was great fun for the Ding Dong Devils to play, and it was a pleasure having C5 (Happychi's skin-beating pseudonym) sit in on Jungle Doctor!

Caltiki Brent

Mike you would have been stoked to see the turnout! The place was packed and filled with aloha, The generosity of everyone was overwhelming. I think Crazy Al was hoarse after reading all those raffle ticket numbers. So many items that were donated. That Primo bus sign was destined to be yours and im glad that it will hang on your wall in your game room. Espesially after you said you were eyeballin it in the pictures of the event. The night was filled with legendary stories about you. I look forward to creating more in the near future buddy!

[ Edited by: Mongoloid 2011-09-19 14:22 ]

Great event with lots of people coming out to support Mike and his family. Really shows the power of the tiki community, I talked to more than one person who had never met Mike but wanted to show their support.

Thanks to Chris, Karen and all that donated what they could, really cool!

What a wonderful night! It warmed my heart to see all the support for Mike - we even ran out of wristbands! Many Mahalo’s to everyone that donated, volunteered, performed, supported, stopped in for a quick hello, and Don the Beachcomber. Much love to you, Mike and we will see you soon!

I saw Mike yesterday and he is feeling a little better! He is so amazed at all the people that showed for his party! He said he was glad everyone had such a good time. It put a huge smile on his face! He hopes to be up and about soon! He's a fighter and has got the right attitude to beat this! Puerto Vallarta is calling you!!!

Mike,

Big Love and support going out to you my man.
It was a Great event, and It was sad that you could not be there.
I am doing a Big benefit show for a buddy of mine from the surf crowd,
with Cancer, and can only hope that we get that kind of turnout, support for it.

I was supposed to go to a B-day party in the Valley after the Ding Dong Devils played,
but after a couple drinks I knew better, and stayed the whole night at the Benefit.

Thanks to all that were involved,
great event!!

Jeff(btd)

T

On 2011-09-19 07:59, SoccerTiki wrote:

On 2011-09-18 22:02, TikiPug wrote:
Looks like a great event and I was bummed I couldn't make it into SoCal to attend.

Just one question....

Did 1961Suck try to sneak into this fundraiser too?

LOL!!! No, I had security on "high alert" but we did NOT have a sighting! There were a few new 61's that we 86'd when they didn't contribute for the cause!

Unbelievable that people try to sneak into a fund raiser. Must be 1961Suck's relatives.

AF

I walked in at 6:45 and the place was packed! It was amazing to see Don’s like that. A true testament to what the event was really about, supporting Mike Adler. I don’t know Mike, but hopefully he can see through all these and the other photos posted here that a lot people know him and care deeply about him.

Dr. Z's Cougar Beer

Chris & Karen, thanks for hosting such a great fundraiser!
Mike you would have loved it!

HT

A-Frame you shot a bunch great pictures, using a larger format camera really pays off. Also , your good eye for pictures is evident.

C

Thanks A-Frame, HB Tiki and WooHoo for those great shots of the event!

Caltiki Brent

Great pictures Anders!!! It's great to relive the event through your pics! I can still feel the energy that so many brought into the event! Go Mike!!!!!

J

wish i could have been there =(

I've got a couple more photos, mostly of The Hula Girls in the Dagger Bar. We had such a great time all night from friends to art to music to drinks to auction to raffle and so much more that I mostly forgot to take pictures. Oops.

Mahalo to everyone involved in putting this together. We even won an auction!

kevin

This is from Karen Adler (Mike's wife). She asked that I post it here:

Mike and I would like to thank ALL of our fabulous friends who created, donated to, performed at and attended Mike Mania. Without all of you it wouldn’t have been the huge success that it was. It was amazing to see so many people come together for Mike. He is a pretty special person and it really showed on Saturday; he knows he is truly loved. I know with all of your support, prayers and good thoughts Mike will conquer this horrible disease.

Thanks again,

Karen

September 30th Mike Adler Update:

Mike is having a very tough time with this week's chemo. He's sleeping all day and anytime he wakes up he gets sick. Karen called the doctor to see if she can give him something to help with this. She took him to the hospital today to have an IV hooked up to replenish fluids.

Please keep Mike and his family in your thoughts and prayers!

RD

Mike, We love ya!. Keep fighting strong. Hopefully you will soon be able to take Soccer Tiki up on Puerto Vallarta.

Remember you can help support Mike by patronizing the Picture Show Gallery in Seal Beach.

I picked up some art that I had previously dropped off at Mike's store for framing while I was in town for Mike-mania. They have a great selection of frames at affordable prices. They are having a friend come in and do the framing while Mike is out.

RD

Here are some pictures I took of Mike's store in Seal Beach.
Great place to shop for Tiki art and mugs.

Hang in there Mike,
were all pullin for ya.

Jeff(btd)

Please continue to keep Mike in your thoughts and prayers. The following website was created by Mike's Good friend Marina to keep everyone updated on what is going on:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mikeadler

Please keep Mike in your thoughts and prayers... He's fighting hard and is going to beat it!

Today the Tiki Community has experienced a big loss! Mike has left us for the Big Luau.

See: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=41552&forum=15&0

From Karen Adler (Mike's wife):

To all of Mike's loyal customers, friends and aquaintences,

I am writing this deeply saddened and with a heavy heart that Mike passed away on November 7th due to stomach cancer. He was my best friend, husband, and father of our two children for a wonderful 32 years. He will be missed by all who have crossed paths with him.

We will be having a memorial service in Seal Beach on December 4 at 11:30 in the morning. It will take place on the grass on the north side of the pier overlooking the ocean. If you would like to share a memory of Mike please feel free to do so. Find out more information at Caringbridge.org enter mikeadler (one word). Thank you all for being such loyal customers but most of all freinds of Mikes. He will be truly missed.

Sincerley,
Karen Adler

***There will be a reception at Don the Beachcomber immediately following the service. Light food will be served along with a no-host bar and music. Come share your experiences with Mike and show your support to a wonderful family!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2011-11-20 09:37 ]

There will be a paddle out right after the memorial on the grass area North of the pier. So bring your wetsuits and boards. There will be leis provided for the paddle out participants. If your interested in the paddle out please PM me so we can provide enough leis. Mahalo nui loa

On 2011-11-22 19:24, Mongoloid wrote:
There will be a paddle out right after the memorial on the grass area North of the pier. So bring your wetsuits and boards. There will be leis provided for the paddle out participants. If your interested in the paddle out please PM me so we can provide enough leis. Mahalo nui loa

What a great idea! And showing of love for a great guy! Thanks for organizing this Mongoloid!

From Karen Adler (Mike's wife):

To all of Mike's loyal customers, friends and aquaintences,

I am writing this deeply saddened and with a heavy heart that Mike passed away on November 7th due to stomach cancer. He was my best friend, husband, and father of our two children for a wonderful 32 years. He will be missed by all who have crossed paths with him.

We will be having a memorial service in Seal Beach on December 4 at 11:30am in the morning. It will take place on the grass on the north side of the pier overlooking the ocean. If you would like to share a memory of Mike please feel free to do so. Find out more information at Caringbridge.org enter "mikeadler" (one word). Thank you all for being such loyal customers but most of all friends of Mike. He will be truly missed.

Sincerley,
Karen Adler

***There will be a "CELEBRATION OF LIFE" at Don the Beachcomber immediately following the service (approximately 1:30.) Food will be served along with a no-host bar and live music. Come share your experiences with Mike and show your support to a wonderful family!

With all the other activities going on this coming weekend, I thought this should be "bumped" up to remind everyone that a very active member of the Tiki Central community has left us. Mike always threw a good party and made sure everyone was happy. Karen, his wife will continue that tradition at Don the Beachcomber. So come down and celebrate Mike's life with friends and family in the Hidden Village.

On 2011-11-22 19:24, Mongoloid wrote:

I'll be paddling out for Mike. He will truely be missed.

Bump! This Sunday join us in celebrating the life of Mike Adler.

Bump for a great person!

Today at 11:30

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 4, 2011 1:34 PM

Unfortunately, GROG have to go into work today, so GROG send GROG' best.

Big, Big, Thanks to Karen Adler, SoccerTiki & Woohoo for such a nice tribute
and actually a fun time, the Martini Kings played, Brunch was served, Good friends abound
and a surprise visit from Kate Flannery, Mike would have loved it!

Pages: 1 2 3 126 replies