Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

MikeMania 2011- Memorial Services for Mike December 4. Please see page 8 for details

Pages: 1 2 3 126 replies

Just a Reminder: We need all Raffle Prizes & Silent Auction Items for Mike Mania by Monday, September 12th. I will be at Don's on Mon., Sept. 12 from 5:00pm to 7:30 if you are in the area and have something to drop off. Please PM me or Email me at [email protected] if you can't make it to either of these places and would like to make other arrangements. Mahalo!!!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Sep 11, 2011 10:48 AM

On 2011-09-05 20:14, Wildsville man wrote:

This is "The Blue over Mike" Mug

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260848910295#ht_500wt_1135

Don't forget to bid on this mug on ebay. It is AP#1and was a test for the blue overglaze. It has the same blue on it that will be on the final production run , just more coats, and it's monochromatic. There is a black wipe underneath the blue, so parts of it like the hair, the tassle, stripe on the fez, are darker.

Auction ends tomorrow, Sept. 12. All proceeds go to Mike and his family.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-09-11 10:51 ]

Bump

If you would like to make a Personal Donation to Mike Adler donations can be sent to :

The Picture Show Gallery
c/o Mike Adler
231 Main Street
Seal Beach, Ca 90740

Our "Blue over Mike" Artist Proof #1 Mug for GoinPrimitive Sold for $132.50. We would like to up the anti,so we are releasing this 5 Color Artist Proof Mug Also for Mike.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260850052694?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1135

Ernie Keen(Grog) Amy and Ray Boylan and Myself would like you to walk away with a great one of a kind mug and feel great when drinking out of it too.

W

Go Chargers

Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to Mrs. HB Tiki, Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Spike, Crazy Al, & Skootiki for bringing their donations for Mike Mania 2011 to Don's tonight.

Wow!!! I am stoked at all the responses from the "Friends of Mike" out there!!! WooHoo says that she could barely get all the donations in her Beetle last night from the people who stopped by Don the Beachcomber!

And THANK YOU Don the Beachcomber for being part of this showing of support!!!

Raffle tickets will be $5 a piece or 8 tickets for $20 :)

G
GROG posted on Tue, Sep 13, 2011 9:03 AM

On 2011-09-12 20:18, Wildsville man wrote:
Our "Blue over Mike" Artist Proof #1 Mug for GoinPrimitive Sold for $132.50. We would like to up the anti,so we are releasing this 5 Color Artist Proof Mug Also for Mike.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260850052694?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1135

The first mug might have sold for more if Rory hadn't misspelled "OF" in the subject line of the auction . People searching for "one-of-a-kind" mugs might have found it if it hadn't been spelled as "1 or a kind." :P

This second mug auction ends tomorrow, and it IS a "one-of-a-kind" mug.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-09-13 09:03 ]

Last Call for Raffle Prizes & Silent Auction Items.....

We need all Raffle Prizes & Silent Auction Items for Mike Mania 2011 ASAP. I will be at Don's on Weds., Sept. 14 @ 7:30 if you are in the area and have something to drop off. Please PM me or Email me at [email protected] if you have a donation and can't make it and would like to make other arrangements. Mahalo!!!

I want to take a moment to send Art & Delia Snyder and The Don The Beachcomber Ohana a Giant Mahalo for all they've done to help us out with the Mike Mania 2011 Event. We really appreciated how they are always there for the TC Community. We really appreciate you and everything you do for us. Mahalo!!!!

On 2011-09-14 08:35, WooHooWahine wrote:
I want to take a moment to send Art & Delia Snyder and The Don The Beachcomber Ohana a Giant Mahalo for all they've done to help us out with the Mike Mania 2011 Event. We really appreciated how they are always there for the TC Community. We really appreciate you and everything you do for us. Mahalo!!!!

Here Here!!!

Check is in the Mail from the Goin'Primitive Crew

God Bless the Adler's

Ernie Keen (Grog)
Amy and Ray Boylan
Rory Snyder

On 2011-09-14 14:05, Wildsville man wrote:

God Bless the Adler's

Ernie Keen (Grog)
Amy and Ray Boylan
Rory Snyder

Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo!

Don't Forget:

On 2011-09-13 19:31, WooHooWahine wrote:

Last Call for Raffle Prizes & Silent Auction Items.....

We need all Raffle Prizes & Silent Auction Items for Mike Mania 2011 ASAP. I will be at Don's on Weds., Sept. 14 @ 7:30 if you are in the area and have something to drop off. Please PM me or Email me at [email protected] if you have a donation and can't make it and would like to make other arrangements. Mahalo!!!

Another Silent Auction Donation by artist Wade Koniakowsy.....WooHooooo!!!!

I would like to donate 2 separate Items to the Mike Fundraiser.

First I would like to Donate a Gift Certificate for
my DJ services for someones tiki party,(Hawaiian,Exotica,Hapa Haole,Slack Key,Mellow Surf)
2 to 6 hours. ($100 to $300 dollar value) So.Cal. area,
(unless transportation and accommodations can be provided or comped.)
(Must confirm date at least a month in advance)
Preferable a Fri. Sat. or Sun. but I am flexible.

Next I would like to Donate 2 Tickets to the
5th annual Surf Guitar 101 Convention. ($50 dollar Value)
Most likely it will be on the Sat. Before Next years Tiki Oasis
will confirm the Date mid Jan. or Feb.

I hope that this will help to bring in More money for the Mike Fund,

I will be at the benefit and Bring the Gift Certificates with me in Envelopes on Sat.

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2011-09-14 21:28 ]

On 2011-09-14 14:05, Wildsville man wrote:

God Bless the Adler's

Ernie Keen (Grog)
Amy and Ray Boylan
Rory Snyder

Here here! Best of everything Mike , Karen, family! Our prayers are with you!!!!!!

WooHoo!! Only 2 More Days to Mike Mania 2011!! Mahalo, Mahalo, Mahalo to Everyone who has purchased tickets for this Very Special Event. :)

I would like to send out a Giant Thank You to the following people who have made donations for The Mike Mania 2011 Raffle & Silent Auction: Don The Beachcomber, Mongoloid & Pineapple Princess, Swampfire, GoTiki, HB Tiki & Mrs., Big Toe, Tiki Farm, Fluff, Happy Chi, Scootiki, The Hula Girls, SHAG, The Ding Dong Devils,Crazy Al, Polynesiac, Little Lost Tiki, Hot Tiki, Tigerlily, The Martini Kings, danlovestiki, Philip Roberts, John-O, Eric October, Everette Peacock, Hapa J's, TikiShaker, AmigaTiki, Joe Banks, Palika & Bill Tapia, Big Tiki Dude, Luxuria Music, Mean Gene, Devin(Primo Beer), Stentiki and to All of Mike's Friends & Everyone from Main Street, Seal Beach.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2011-09-15 12:40 ]

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2011-09-16 21:13 ]

Tickets are still available:

Cost: $20 To purchase tickets: Help Mike You can buy as many tickets as you'd like! :wink:

WooHoo! Only 1 More Day until Mike Mania 2011 :) We have so many Tiki-rrific Raffle Prizes and Silent Auction Items. Raffle Tickets will be $5 a piece or 8 tickets for $20 dollars. We will be accepting Cash & Personal Checks Only for Raffle Tickets & Silent Auction Items.

On 2011-09-15 12:42, WooHooWahine wrote:

Cost: $20 To purchase tickets: Help Mike You can buy as many tickets as you'd like! :wink:

T

Aloha everybody!

Here's my donation for Mike Mania:

A framed 8x10 black paper drawing of the Trader Mort's tiki and a pendant.

See everybody on Saturday!

Cost: $20 To purchase tickets: Help Mike You can buy as many tickets as you'd like!

RD

Hopefully MikeMania will make Don’s more crowded than it was for Tiki Highway. Let’s show our support for Mike Adler.

If you can’t make it to MikeMania Saturday night, show your support by making a trip to his store in Seal Beach in the near future. The Picture Show Gallery is “Tiki-riffic”.

T

Aloha everybody!

Another donation for Mike Mania!

Joe Banks is donating a copy of his book, Halloway's Eve. It's an enchanting Hallowe'en tale by Scott Mabbutt, written by Brooke Ashley Cameron, and illustrated by yours truly!

The book is signed by the three of us, ad comes with an exclusive 8x10 print featuring images from the book (also signed by us).

(I'm posting it because Agent Banks didn't have a pic of the print handy)

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2011-09-17 08:31 ]

Even if you can't make it, show your support and buy a ticket

WOW!!! OK, here is a partial list of items for the Silent Auction:

Wade Koniakowsy original oil on canvas "Moorea Girl"

Mike Hallinan original acrylic on canvas "First Day of Summer"

Pam Calore original oil on canvas Palm Trees on the Beach

Claudette Barjoud (Fluff) original sculpture "Pink Lady #1"

SHAG-Artist Proof 12 color serigraph "Kava Kava Man"
-Publisher 12 color serigraph "The Envious Girlfriend"

Doug Horne-Tiki Head on Red originalpastel & pencil on paper
-The Taking of Sputnik 13 signed limited edition of 10
-Atomic Tiki Motor Hotel signed limited edition print

Jason Sallin original nude on velvet "Tamure Vahine"

Big Toe-original painting "Endless Bummer"
-print on red velvet limited edition "Head Salesman"
-original pendant 1 of 1 "Love on the Rocks"

Linda Calkins-original framed/matted large photo "Palms in the Sky"
-original framed/matted large photograph "Ribbons of Color"

Ken Ruzic-original on canvas "Provider"
-original on wood "Happy Platter"
-original "Cannibal Idol"

GoTiki original bowl with framed holder, rare record and liqueur "XTABAY"

Tiki Farm Appleton Estate basket with Crate Bearer mugs (2) with specail Jamaican Rum and stoppers

Big Tiki Dude up to 6 hours of dj'ing at your event

Ron Quinn-local beach photgraphy on canvas 6 (six) large items!

Eric October original on paper "Trader Mort's" with pendant!

and more!!!!!

The raffle drawings will be held all night and we have 100's of items!!! Lot's of big$$$ items in the raffle! There's Fluff stuff, Big Toe prints, Little Lost Tiki (Ken Ruzic) prints, gift certificates, tiki mugs, tikis, more art, PRIMO swag, fishing trips, dinners, tiki photos, Hula girls and Ding Dong Devils music and more, toys, Crazy Al stuff, GoTiki stuff, Hot Tiki carvings, Martini Kings CD packs, etc.

If you haven't bought your tickets, there will be sales at the door. Online sales are closed.

Come early and stay late! it's gonna be a party!!!

Mike-We love you!!! Stay strong and we gotta date in Puerto Vallarta when you're ready!

http://www.DonTheBeachcomber.com

"Marriage, Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2011-09-17 11:44 ]

Let the Countdown begin...... 3 1/2 hours and 2 minutes until Mike Mania 2011 WooooHooooo!! We Love You Mike and It's All About You Tonight!!!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2011-09-17 14:29 ]

Looking forward to seeing ALL of you that have been touched by Mike's kindness over the years! He has alwaysa been there for everyone!

I spoke to Mike a little while ago and he has been following this thread and facebook. He is totally stoked at the repsonse from all of his friends and supporters. He wants us to have a fun time in his name...so.........Let's get this party started!

Woohoo! Here's to The "Fun"raiser event of the year. Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to Everyone who supported this event & helped to make this event happen. It's All About You Mike...We Love You!

T

What a fabulous event it was! Thanks to everyone involved! We love you Mike!

On 2011-09-15 06:56, WooHooWahine wrote:
I would like to send out a Giant Thank You to the following people who have made donations for The Mike Mania 2011 Raffle & Silent Auction: Don The Beachcomber, Mongoloid & Pineapple Princess, Swampfire, GoTiki, HB Tiki & Mrs., Big Toe, Tiki Farm, Fluff, Happy Chi, Scootiki, The Hula Girls, SHAG, The Ding Dong Devils,Crazy Al, Polynesiac, Little Lost Tiki, Hot Tiki, Tigerlily, The Martini Kings, danlovestiki, Philip Roberts, John-O, Eric October, Everette Peacock, Hapa J's, TikiShaker, AmigaTiki, Joe Banks, Palika & Bill Tapia, Big Tiki Dude, Luxuria Music, Mean Gene, Devin(Primo Beer), Stentiki and to All of Mike's Friends & Everyone from Main Street, Seal Beach.

On 2011-09-14 08:35, WooHooWahine wrote:

Special thanks to Our Entertainment: The Ding Dong Devils, The Swank Bastards, & The Hula Girls and to our Volunteer Crew: John & Kim Sprafka, Phil Harden & Marina Miranda, Tiki Amiga, Tigerlily, HB Tiki & Mrs., Crazy Al, Mongoloid & Pineapple Princess, Tiki Shaker & Cristine, GoGo & Dani, and Makenna Adler :)

HT

Thank you Karen and Chris for putting this event together. It would not have been such a perfect event without all the time , planning and effort you both gave to this event for your FRIEND Mike.

I am really bummed I missed out (got sick at the last moment)
hope my donations went to a home that can use a little Tiki decor
and you all did a very nice thing for a good friend and that's what it's all about!
Great Job everyone.
CTiT

HT

Chuck, sorry you were under the weather last night, we are sending you some chicken soup and some of your favorite DISCO music to make you recover faster.

I will take your soup Roger, as for the Disco tunes, well you know?
Thanks!!!

Aloha,

Looked like a fun event. Sorry I couldn't make it! I see loads of people!

J

Sorry I couldn't make the festivities but I got back late from conducting important Tiki research in Northern Cal. Here's some interesting things I noticed from the pictures...

1. BigTikiDude looking dapper for a change wearing a cool Aloha shirt instead of his usual drab T-shirt.

2. Is that Jungle Ginger drinking a Corona ?? I hate to see what else she does when Atomic Tiki Punk isn't around. :D

3. HappyChi banging the skins !! So when's the new band starting up ? I'll be your manager.

4. Nefaria rocking the accordion !!

5. Is that Captain's hat, Spike's new trademark ? I think Dinah should get a Dorothy Hamill shag so they can be the Tiki "Captain and Tennille".

H

What a great time and for a good cause! I hope the event was a success.
And thanks to the Ding Dong Devils for letting me sit in with them, it was quite the treat for me :)
Great seeing everyone last night. Good times! Big hugs to the Adler's :)

H

Yes JOHN-O! You can totally be my manager :wink:

On 2011-09-18 16:19, JOHN-O wrote:

1. BigTikiDude looking dapper for a change wearing a cool Aloha shirt instead of his usual drab T-shirt.

Glad he wore it despite somebody in some other forum saying that Primo Beer was not tiki. LOL or something like that.

RD

Great event to help a wonderful individual. The turnout was fantastic. Kudos to all involved who helped make it a successful and memorable event. Hopefully a large sum was raised to make a significant dent in the high costs of Mike’s medical treatments.

Wow, What a raffle! It seemed like everyone who bought a ticket was able to walk away with something.

Best Moment of the Night:
Mike Adler’s Dad’s raffle number being picked for the Mikemania event poster framed by HB Tiki. I imagine the Tiki Gods had a little help in making this happen. Pure genius. That item definitely landed in the hands of the right person. Mike’s dad carried that prized possession around the rest of the night like a proud parent of a newborn infant. He will cherish that gift I know each time he looks at it he will fondly remember this night that the Ohana came out in full force showing their love and support for Mike.

Great drinks and great bands.

[ Edited by: Rum Dog 2011-10-01 12:57 ]

T

Looks like a great event and I was bummed I couldn't make it into SoCal to attend.

Just one question....

Did 1961Suck try to sneak into this fundraiser too?

On 2011-09-18 22:02, TikiPug wrote:
Looks like a great event and I was bummed I couldn't make it into SoCal to attend.

Just one question....

Did 1961Suck try to sneak into this fundraiser too?

LOL!!! No, I had security on "high alert" but we did NOT have a sighting! There were a few new 61's that we 86'd when they didn't contribute for the cause!

Awesome Event!
Incredible People!
Stunning Art!
Beaming Smiles!
That's what Ohana is all about!

What a show of love and appreciation for one of our own!
Sending you some Love,Mike!
:)

Thanks to all the artists, musicians, donors AND attendees that helped make the evening for Mike a major success! The outpouring of care and love for Mike was apparent throughout the building! And thank you to Don the Beachcomber for providing the perfect venue for this special gathering! I spoke with Mike yesterday and he is totally stoked from all the pictures and recounts of the event and is happy that everyone had a good time at "his" party!!!! It is not too late to support Mike and his family.... You can send your contributions to:

Mike Adler
c/o Picture Show Gallery
231 Main Street
Seal Beach, CA 90740-6333
562) 598-1600

Another way to support Mike would be to stop by the gallery and pick up some very nice artwork and/or gifts! It's a "win-win"!!!!

What an amazing night. Pretty rad that Thee Swank Bastards came all of the way out from Vegas to play a free show for Mike. Just a testiment to the impact that Mike has had on a lot of us.

Sorry that I went up and tried to help Shaun with his bass strap on their frist song...It just ended up looking like I was trying to hug him. I should save hugs for when they're off the stage.

The Hula Girls were super happy to be part of the event. I love it when Don's has something going on in a bunch of different rooms! It's like a tiki amusement park. Thanks again to ART for hosting the event too! And for 'getting' our whole scene. The owners of Kona certainly woulnd't have been so open to that stuff.

Oh, and thanks to everyone who hung out with us in The Dagger Bar while the rest of the event was going on in the Longboard Room. We were glad to have you!

...and John-O, I only bring the white hat out for special events...but I like your idea!

Pages: 1 2 3 126 replies