Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Tiki Central Member Infirmary

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 363 replies

MDM I would have requested more stiches. I hope both you men are now healed and waiting for a wonderful Christmas day. Wendy

Here's another left wrist injury.

Today ebtiki is having a surgery to place a metal strip in his left wrist after a fall. I had that done a few years ago while doing a painting for Tiki Oasis. He is in the midst of building his tiki room. What is it with projects?

We need to cheer him on. He still has his right hand working. Go go go Eric.

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery, Wendy

After the injury.

Waiting for surgery this morning. Friday 1/9/15.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2015-01-09 09:14 ]

Wendy, I think you are collecting surgical scars with the same passion that you collect tikis!

What good are friends if you can't count on them to laugh at you during life's embarrassing moments? Celebrated my first anniversary this past weekend with a jacuzzi suite in San Diego. At 56, my equipment all still works, but sometime you just want to kick in the turbo :wink: I picked up a packet of "Sexual Enhancement" herbal supplement at 7-11. It had Horny Goat Weed & a handful of other herbs and it was all natural, what harm could it do? So I took it Saturday night and it did keep me up all night, but not in a good way. About an hour later I started shaking like a dog passing a peach pit, nausea and diarrhea followed and I slept for a total of about 2 hours that night. No more Horny Goat Week for me :lol: :D :P

MadDod

I guess it's a good thing you didn't post a photo
:)

On 2015-06-08 10:01, MadDogMike wrote:
Wendy, I think you are collecting surgical scars with the same passion that you collect tikis!

What good are friends if you can't count on them to laugh at you during life's embarrassing moments? Celebrated my first anniversary this past weekend with a jacuzzi suite in San Diego. At 56, my equipment all still works, but sometime you just want to kick in the turbo :wink: I picked up a packet of "Sexual Enhancement" herbal supplement at 7-11. It had Horny Goat Weed & a handful of other herbs and it was all natural, what harm could it do? So I took it Saturday night and it did keep me up all night, but not in a good way. About an hour later I started shaking like a dog passing a peach pit, nausea and diarrhea followed and I slept for a total of about 2 hours that night. No more Horny Goat Weed for me :lol: :D :P

That's weird - I don't think I did that?
Hmmm... also weird that it says edited by maddogmike instead of MadDogMike. Is something freaky going on?

[ Edited by: maddogmike 2015-06-08 15:20 ]

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2015-06-08 15:30 ]

Mike as a medical professional (you are, aren't you?)
you should know better!....hope you're feeling better, nudge nudge, know what I mean.

OMG...that is hysterical MDM. I am wondering if you have any after affects like a desire to jump up on tops of cars, or eat tin cans?

I have no pictures but in my golden years I am slowly turning into a zombie. My skin is like tissue paper. I went to the bathroom and then went to wash my hands...I turn the water on and look down and blood is dripping off my hand...somehow I had pulled a piece of skin off. The other day I was at a drive through and went to hand the girl my money and there was blood dripping all off my hand...so frikken embarrassing...ZOMBIE!!!

VampiressRN so sorry you are falling apart like a zombie.

I did this trying to conserve water. I was throwing a bucket of used water to a bush and hit a newly pruned limb. Hey guys can I join your club?

We need to be more careful. Wendy

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jun 11, 2015 12:13 AM

Holy crap, you lost all your fingers! You're gonna have to do ceramics one-handed now.

GROG I found them under the table and used some ceramic patch. I'm already back to work. Thank you for your suggestion, remember when I did that painting left handed after breaking my arm and having surgery? Good thing we have two! Hugs, Wendy

Almost caveman zipper anniversary
:)

1 more day Grog Man

G
GROG posted on Thu, Sep 10, 2015 10:26 PM

Thanks for remembering Hang10. This will be GROG' second year anniversary of GROG' "re-birthday".

GROG you sure looked good at Tiki Oasis. Keep healthy my friend. Wendy

G
GROG posted on Fri, Sep 11, 2015 9:27 AM

Thanks Wendy. You always look great with your awesome smile. :D

One on the tenets of white privilege, after age 50 they start carving skin cancers off once or twice a year :lol: I think this is my 5th. If you are fair skinned, be sure to get regular dermatologist check-ups

Ya still look like a stud

Shingles... whee!

Well Mike you've got me beat. I feel lucky they took the top of my nose off rather than the tip. I just did a round of Efudex. I think you should try it too.

I put it on my face for two weeks and my arms for one month. It shows that I'm pretty much all pre-cancerous cells. I'm going to see the dermatologist soon and ask if a chemical peel or laser will obliterate all these bad cells.

I never sunbathed and I've not had sunburns since I was a kid. All the burns when young caught up with me. Beware of the sun, the ozone layer is much thinner now.

All the red you see are pre-cancerous cells.

My face completely looked like this. I'm back to looking normal but far from it. Mike you should do this too. Yes it hurts. Cheers, Wendy

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 24, 2015 12:03 AM

MDM, it's called the "Pinnochio Effect"---- you've been lying too much and they had to carve some of your nose off before it got too big.

Tikicoma---I hope you don't have shingles. If you do, good luck and heal quickly.

Wendy, I can't believe you'd do that to yourself.

Hi GROG, skin checks are good for finding existing cancer. This Efudex is good for showing you where it plans to grow and is working on getting there. I wear hats and long sleeves whenever I go out and have done that for years. Even so my skin is pre-cancerous. I lost my mother to malignant melanoma, my dad had two types of skin cancer but survived them well with surgeries like MadDogMikes. I'm going to fight. Now I have found and documented where my problem areas are (my whole face, spots on my arms) and I'll find a way to fight. My next check is in February I'll do what my doctor says to do.

Stay covered my friends. Wendy

T

Wendy and Mike move up to the Puget Sound! We don't have enough sunlight to be much of a threat to you and 2/3 thirds of the year we're all covered to keep the rain off anyway, so you'd appear normal. The depression from the rain and lack of sun doesn't set in for at least seven years, and by then it's to late as you'll be "one of us... one of us". :)

T

Oh, and thanks GROG. Yeah I do have Shingles but we caught it early when I went to the doc due to a stress level like I've never even imagined before. It looks like someone ironed one side of my face but no crazy pain yet. Only pains have been the feeling of a hundred needles poked into my scalp when the wind blows my hair and the feeling of a hot iron touching my temple while at the same time getting an electric shock, all good in a semi masochistic way. :wink:

tikicoma my mom had shingles on half of her upper body. I would paint this solution that dried to be a coating like plastic wrap. It was to help cover the exposed nerves. She had a horrible case and I caught chickenpox from coming in contact with her. The doctor told her she was lucky she didn't have it on half her head because people who get it there often go crazy. I never forgot that.

Hang in there. She used hypnosis to control the pain. I'm so sorry to hear that you have it in the very worst area.

I got the shingles vaccine 4 years ago and had a reaction to it and my arm turned hot, red, hard and swollen and had to be reported. Probably because of my exposure to my mom. I'm so hopeful that it worked.

Best wishes for you to heal soon and for a sunny day to give you joy, Wendy

Recently Dan and I had colonoscopies. We both had polyps removed and biopsied. We both had polyps that were tubular adenomas. These are polyps that are pre-cancerous but within 3 years could have become Colon cancer. We are both very lucky that we are able to do routine tests that are age related.

If it's time for you to have one of these don't put it off.

We will now adjust our diets and life styles. Lower fat and more exercise. Cheers, Wendy

Slipped and fell down the basement stairs first thing Christmas morning. In bed with two broken ribs. Just pissed at myself that I'm going to miss the New Years party I've waited a year for.

T

Sorry to hear that Adam.

You know the old folk bar restaurant we go to they are very afraid of falling
and fracturing a hip.
See quote below, so it could be worse.

Good luck, hope you're a bit better now.

"Studies show that approximately 20% of elderly people who fracture a hip die within 1 year"
http://www.webmd.com/osteoporosis/news/20000208/fate-worse-than-death-broken-hip

Adam Aku Aku I hope you are mended and that the new year has been good to you so far, Wendy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 363 replies