Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Wonderland 6 Dec.3 ** Grand Re-opening** pg.6

Pages: 1 2 3 4 175 replies

G
GROG posted on Sun, Oct 23, 2011 12:22 PM

It's that time of year again, time to get all your tiki Christmas shopping done. Which means it's time for the annual
Tiki Wonderland art show at the Tonga Hut. This is number 5!! We will also be celebrating the GRAND RE-OPENING of the Tonga Hut.

We're going to do it vendor-style starting early afternoon with artists/vendors in the parking lot from noon to 4:30 and then some awesome live music from the Glasgow Tiki Shakers inside from 5pm to 8pm.

CRAZY AL
TIKI TONY
LITTLE LOST TIKI (the return of Kinny Ruzic to the Tonga Hut, please take the proper precautions to protect your children and small pets)
TABOO ISLAND
Wildsville Man/ Queen K
GROG
TIKI DIABLO
ERIC OCTOBER
OCEAOTICA
TIKIYAKI
HAPPY CHI JEWELRY
ATOMIKITTY
TIKI MAGAZINE
SVEN KIRSTEN

We'll end vending about 4:30 PM because sunset is at 4:45 that evening.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-12-02 23:35 ]

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-12-11 14:13 ]

Looking forward to my first Vending Gig. Amy and I will be Selling our Overstock Official Swag (Mojave Oasis/Tiki Caliente)
Also,I will be bringing some prized Tiki Swag from my personal Collection to release back into the Wild.

Please Stop by and Say Hi,

W

Crap!

I want to vend but same night is Frankie's Tiki Room Big Anny. Party!

Anyone invent cloning yet ???

Shoots.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Oct 23, 2011 7:51 PM

Maybe you can vend at Frankie's and pay for your trip to Vegas. :) Or, put a quarter in a slot machine and get lucky.

Grog,

if you need contact for glasgow tiki shakers still, let me know.
I have it.

edit,
thanks for posting this, I had been meaning to ask you when you were going to do it.

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2011-10-23 23:37 ]

G
GROG posted on Mon, Oct 24, 2011 12:29 AM

Thanks Jeff. GROG get email address from Bongofury, but haven't heard back from Bill yet.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Oct 24, 2011 12:35 AM

Speaking of live band, artists we may have to charge a little vending fee to pay for the band. And yes, that includes GROG. Kinny has to pay double, though.

On 2011-10-24 00:35, GROG wrote:
Speaking of live band, artists we may have to charge a little vending fee to pay for the band. And yes, that includes GROG. Kinny has to pay double, though.

How dare you treat this like a business,I was expecting a handout...........Just Joking

Who would think that?

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2011-10-24 07:44 ]

G
GROG posted on Mon, Oct 24, 2011 10:19 AM

Yeah, it looks like Dec 3 is going to be one of those days where everything is happening at the same time.

T

Did someone say Glasgow Tiki Shakers? That would be awesome, haven't seen them play in a while!

On 2011-10-24 16:17, tobunga wrote:
Did someone say Glasgow Tiki Shakers? That would be awesome, haven't seen them play in a while!

Saturday December 3rd. Mark it on your calendar now, save the date. Tonga Hut's Biggest and Best Tiki Wonderland! The Tonga Hut is still lining up vendors and Artists in finalizing all plans. I have wanted the Glasgow Tiki Shakers to play at the Hut for a year now I think they are a GREAT band that fits well into our venue and the last time we tried to book them they were not available but hopefully this time. Kelly say to Grog, "Grog call Jeff get a phone number it will be faster" Grog not listen again to HipHip Sigh~~~ :wink:

We will keep you up dated and I'm very excited to see some amazing artists that we haven't visited with at the Hut in a while it will be great to have you on board once again.

Get ready to do some Holiday shopping and don't forget the show is not limited to holiday items, you need pure Tiki!?? We will have it!

Grog? why isn't your poster Santa holding a Tonga Hut mug??

G
GROG posted on Mon, Oct 24, 2011 7:44 PM

GROG got phone number from Bongofury earlier. GROG just want to give the band a chance to respond to email before GROG call them.

There only a limited edition of Tonga Hut mugs made and Santa not make it to Tonga Hut when they went on sale, so him miss out.

Maybe your goin'primitive mug in christmas colors then

Grog you lazy man, get back to work and work 10 times harder for us please :roll: just photo shop in the Tonga Hut Mug that you made already and make a girl happy gessshhhh.........

YAY Glasgow Tiki Shakers are in!!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Oct 25, 2011 10:13 AM

Hey, you're being a bit premature about the band. Gotta talk to Jeremy today about price, but GROG pretty sure he'll be okay with it.

I am so happy to see that Grog is putting this on again! It's one of my favorite get-togethers! And now, in "Grog-Speak": Tangaroa-ru looking forward to hugging Grog at this shindig.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Oct 25, 2011 11:04 PM

Looks like we are a go for the Glasgow Tiki Shakers. How awesome is that?

GROG hugging Tangaroa-Ru , even more awesomeness! :D

DZ

On 2011-10-24 10:23, PiPhiRho wrote:
Yeah, it looks like Dec 3 is going to be one of those days where everything is happening at the same time.

It's the same date as the Charles Phoenix Retro Holiday Slide Show, but at least the show isn't til 8:00 so I can still (try to) make it during the day...

T

On 2011-10-24 19:44, GROG wrote:
There only a limited edition of Tonga Hut mugs made and Santa not make it to Tonga Hut when they went on sale, so him miss out.

HaaaHaaaHaaa! I larfed my butt off when I read that...

YAY for Glasgow Tiki Shakers!!! It's like Christmas comin' early!!!

Seeing santa hold the Mug that way made me crave a Coca~Cola. Irma and I are In. Hope to meet some more TC people there.

Calendar marked!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Oct 27, 2011 11:00 AM

Young Kinny Ruzic gets a reply from his letter to Santa.

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-10-27 11:01 ]

Grog and Kinney, let the Tiki Wonderland Slams began! Nothing like Tiki Wonderland TC posts, the most classic threads of all time! BAM!!! :wink:

i miss the ol photoshoppin days!
Work has been slammed and that's when i usually did em....

Remember this one from the pappy Haggler photoshop archives

a few Tiki Oasis ago?

:lol:

and wile yer a'visitin
Don't fergit to ask Grammy Haggler fer a HairKut!

J

On 2011-10-23 19:37, RevBambooBen wrote:
Crap!

I want to vend but same night is Frankie's Tiki Room Big Anny. Party!

Anyone invent cloning yet ???

Shoots.

You can do both. I am. :)

I'll be having a Limited Edition GROG statuette for sale at Tiki Wonderland..
They're 4" tall ,only 50 made and will be available for one night only!
Don't miss out!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Oct 31, 2011 9:41 AM

It'll make a good companion for the Kinny statuette we tried to sell last year. Nobody bought any so we ended up having to give them all away.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-10-31 09:41 ]

Granny is Back!!

Photoshop I need photos! I have some dandy's to post, Old School!

Bleh, this is conflicting with an engagement I committed to 3 months ago.
Why must my friends be getting married!!!!!

Any need to RSVP for the party? Thanks Jeremy for the heads up on the Sportsmen Lodge. It'll be the perfect spot to stay.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 9, 2011 9:38 AM

No RSVP needed.

We were a bit heavy on testosterone, so we've got Stacey Morris of HAPPY CHI JEWELRY and Suzy ATOMIKITTY vending as well. There's a possibilty that Nick from Tiki Magazine will be vending, but he's trying to rearrange his schedule now, so he can come.

Jeremy's going to have some burgers and hotdogs on the grill if you're hungry. If you want to bring potluck, GROG not complain.

Should we do the cookie competition again, what do ya'll think?

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-11-09 09:39 ]

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 9, 2011 9:56 AM

Kinny is bringing animals for the petting zoo.

I thought we weren't supposed to bring animals to tiki events anymore?
didn't anyone learn the lesson from this past tiki oasis?

Jeff(btd)

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 10, 2011 9:49 AM

Christmas cookie competition----yay or nay?

Nay! :evil:

Tonga Hut Beauty Pageant, yay or nay?
Cause I got a really nice dress I have been saving.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 10, 2011 8:02 PM

GROG guess Boris McScroogepants not like cookies.

here we go.............lol!!!

On 2011-11-10 20:02, GROG wrote:
GROG guess Boris McScroogepants not like cookies.

Boris McScroogepants doesn't like Christmas cookies! Christmas cookies Suck! They're weird and doughy (A little like GROG) with weird tasting weird textured sprinkles and they are annoying to eat. I'd say the majority of Xmas cookies get eaten so someone doesn't get their feelings hurt.

But Hey, don't let me stop you from cramming every possible thing into this event. :lol:

COOKIEEEEEEEEEES!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Nov 12, 2011 12:59 AM

On 2011-11-11 10:02, Bora Boris wrote:
But Hey, don't let me stop you from cramming every possible thing into this event. :lol:

Guess we'll have to cancel the pony rides, dunk booth, karaoke contest, darts, and rum tasting, too.

T
TNT posted on Sat, Nov 12, 2011 7:15 AM

Oh no - please don't cancel the pony rides.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Nov 12, 2011 10:47 AM

Too late, Boris McScroogepants has already canceled it. He's also nixed the pie eating contest, the wet t-shirt contest, the body shots off of the Playboy playmate of the month, the conga line, beer pong, caricature artist, balloon clown, bounce house, fireworks, Penn and Teller, poker tournament, scavenger hunt, donkey show, Russian roullette, special appearance by Jessica Alba, ice cream truck, screening of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and an appearance by Santa Claus.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 175 replies