Tiki Wonderland 6 Dec.3 ** Grand Re-opening** pg.6

Pages: 1 2 3 4 175 replies

BK

OK, Tom! Wake up & post your pics!
Kirby, that map looks amazing.

JB

BK

Isn't that cool! Who did that?

Eric October made that commemorative poster. Very sweet!

Oh my Tiki Gods! Grog, Jeremy and Amy sure do know how to throw a party! The soul of the Tonga Hut remains and has been given a glorious overhaul. I love the intimate booths and the uber-swank fireplace (I have that same one at my house)! Nelson's lamps, Kirby's carvings, Kelly's cocktails... I apologize to those I'm leaving out, but I know that a lot of hard work from many talented people went into this transformation.

Grog, thank you, again, for making another Wonderland for all of us to attend. It kind of is the last hurrah before the quiet, non-event filled months of Jan-March, and I know we appreciate the opportunity to spend time together and, of course, sell our stuff! The funny part is that most of us just ended up trading with each other! (Sven, Marie...!!)

Glasgow Tiki Shakers were the perfect band for last night. Good to see so many dancing (Rose!) and Kelly's Rum Barrel was one of the finest concoctions I've ever tasted.

I woke up this morning feeling all glowy from the warmth of the Hut and its People. Congratulations to Jeremy, Amy and everyone who made this happen!

BB

New sign going up at the Tonga Hut. :)

OK, I'm already planning my next trip out. I can't wait to see this new incarnation of the Tonga Hut. Eric, you never cease to amaze me. Another medium conquered. Now, if Tonga Tom will awaken from his rum-induced slumber & post his pics, I can really fell like I was there!

CA

Super cool tiki Make Over! Nice!! Hope to get ther soon.

Well that was a killer 1-2 punch to start the holiday season. A great Tiki Wonderland party and the work that went into the Tonga Hut's grand re-opening...wow. Clearly a lot of hard work and passion went into both efforts from a lot of people. Outstanding work and mahalo to all involved! I'm already looking forward to heading back tonight to see some of the details I missed last night. :)

kevin

Amen!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 4, 2011 1:25 PM

Did they change something at the Tonga Hut? GROG not notice.

Another fun Tiki Wonderland!

Thanks vendors for braving the winds and putting stuff out to start the Christmas shopping season. Thanks everybody who came out to join us for the Grand re-opening. Thanks Amy and Jeremy and all the people who worked so hard to get the Tonga Hut opened in time for the event (especially dibroc). Thanks Joe Banks and Tobunga for the poster.
Thanks Tonga Hut staff for serving up the tasty cocktails. And, big thanks to Glasgow Tiki Shakers who were awesome as always. GROG hope we can get ya'll to play there again.
Thanks to Appleton for the Rum tasting.
And personal thanks from GROG to Atomikitty, and Jenny? (with the Betty Page bangs) for rocking the cleavage and a big thanks to Kari's top button on her blouse for popping off while GROG sitting next to Kari.

Oh yeah, and also thanks for the people who participated in the cookie contest, they were all really good! Kari (Tangaroa Ru) defended her crown with Best Tasting Cookies, and Tobunga busted out another masterpiece with his Best Looking Cookies. Be sure and get your free drink at the Tonga Hut if you didn't already redeem it, and GROG have Moai Salt and Pepper Shakers for you winners next time GROG see you (GROG left them in GROG' other jacket at home, so GROG does have some ready for you).

Oh, and also thanks OceaOtica for bringing the the snacks and keeping us fed.

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-12-04 15:26 ]

O

Thanks so much to Grog and the Tonga Hut bunch for a nice chill time, so great to see folks before i go underground again, really dug the new interior and the Glasgow Tiki Shakers. A big thanks as well to Kenny for keeping me loaded with cigarettes and to Tiki Tony for the demonstration on how to surf

TT

Here's some daytime photos to hold you over...

Kari's Cookies were Killer Too!

CA

On 2011-12-04 17:47, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:

Chuckle drove out there?

On 2011-12-04 22:41, crazy al wrote:

On 2011-12-04 17:47, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:

Chuckle drove out there?

We have to leave "Don's" sometimes, Al, at least we left it for another Tiki Bar!
hope you are digging San Francisco, I know Tonga Tom has more pics to post for ya.

TT

All the cookies were awesome, and I do have more pics to post.
One of them being a great group shot from those who stopped by on Sunday night.

Tom,

thanks for the daytime pics,
I left home at 2;45, but it took forever to get up there.
The inside looked amazing,
congrats to Jeremy, Amy, and the Tonga Hut crew.

Jeff(btd)

Such a Great Event!
The inside is AMAZING!!!
mahalos to everyone to put this together!
Amy and Jeremy for creating something awesome...
GROG for organizin this..
All the vendors,you are all gems,little treasures
and what i saw of your work on display.
am very proud to be included amongst ye!
Glasgow Tiki Shakers-Incredible! Fun! P-E-R-F-E-C-T!
Cookie Makers....MMMMM!
Kelly's drinks are outtasight!
The Mele Kaliki Mock Martini is the YUM!!!

oH! and thanks Kari for the Bomba the Jungle Boy novel
"the Giant Cataract!"
and a shout out to Flip and Bonnie for the Voodoo Spiced Rum!
Thanks again to EvERYONE who showed up and braved the winds
and a BIG MAHALO to all You's who visited the booth!
My heart was happier and load was lighter on the journey Home!
Mahalo!
:)

TT

And now for some nighttime craziness...

More photos coming soon...

Hey Tom,

We've seen the pictures of the cookies, but we haven't seen the pictures of the 'sandwich'......the SHERRIAKI Sandwich!

TT

Now that's a Sherriyaki sandwich!

And this is a Jungle Ginger Sandwich! With a Paul on the side.

TT

Here's more photos!

Tonga Tom,

Thanks for being the quasi-official Southern California Tiki Central event photographer, it's always great to see what I missed through your lens! Got stuck in route to this event and sadly missed it. Can't wait to get to the new and improved Tonga Hut.

DC

PS I like the Sherriyaki Sandwich and its variations.

Thanks Tom, you are a "Golden God!"
Sorry we missed you Dusty, next time don't take the donkey.

Kari, what was in those cookies? cause I need more.....real badddddd.
It was a good night because Kinny did not molest anyone........that I know of?

I was happy because I got face time with all the Ding Dong Devils.

That last shot of ray and Amy is the SWEETEST!
So many great shots Tom!
Thank you for being so dedicated and diligent

and your old lady looked friggin KRAYZAY in that one shot!
Hilarious!

[
Kari, what was in those cookies? cause I need more.....real badddddd.

They are full of rum, oatmeal, mac nuts, rum, walnuts, rum, tropical fruits (soaked in rum) and plenty of aloha.

I'm sure it's the aloha part that makes them addictive.

Thanks for the compliment on my baking skills!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 11, 2011 2:13 PM

GROG got this PM today:

On 2011-12-11 12:20, Loki-Tiki wrote:
Aloha Ernie!

Okay, so this just hit me (I have no idea why now), but Tiki Wonderland last weekend should have been the sixth right? First 2006, second 2007, third 2008, fourth 2009, fifth last year 2010. That would make this one the sixth? Or was one not held one of the other years?

... so, GROG go back and check and Loki-Tiki was right. This year was Tiki Wonderland #6, so GROG changing the thtread title to the appropriate number. Sorry for the mix up. GROG hope this didn't cause any problems for anybody. (Unless, it was LLT and GROG hope it cause many problems.)

Damn good cookies! Kari.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 11, 2011 2:40 PM

GROG finishing up the Grog Log tonight if anybody want to join GROG and other Sunday regulars at the Tonga Hut as GROG get inducted into the Loyal Order of the Drooling Bastards.

Congrats! Grog, you drinking machine.

On 2011-12-11 14:22, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
Damn good cookies! Kari.

We are talking about my baking now, aren't we?

On 2011-12-12 22:04, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:

On 2011-12-11 14:22, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
Damn good cookies! Kari.

We are talking about my baking now, aren't we?

Yes, Yes we are, We are talking about your baking, Baking that is, That we are talking about......soooooo...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 175 replies