Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Chunk Lamps by the original artist. 8/25/19 If you have one please post a photo here.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 179 replies

W- those came out sweet!!!!!

Jon

Thanks hang10tiki, Roge will appreciate that comment.
Here's how those we bought look with lights behind them.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger?ref=pr_shop_more

Hi everyone, Roge has changed the information on his Etsy page so I'm giving out the link again.

I just bought a lamp with the new moai I sculpted with a hat design as shown above. When its hung I'll share photos. Here's a note from Roge.

Hi Wendy, take a look at the new and improved site………

any search engine should get you to: …”TIKI ROCK LAMPS, ROGER”…

what has changed is every lamp you see is in stock BUT only one. If you want 2 or more then I can ship the one in 2 days but the extras will take 2 to 3 weeks.

Customs can still be made within 3 weeks.

Comments welcomed. You can share anything here on your TIKI Site

My lamp arrived with the new Moai. Very cool Roge. Wendy

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger

Roge has made some more lamps for sale. If you don't like etsy use it to check for prices and then let me know you would like to get in contact with Roge by PM and I'll do that for you.

The history of these lamps is here in past pages. Roge invented the resin chunk lamps and for a short time he has brought them back and has added tikis to some of them. You can special order too.

Here are some of his latest projects he has to offer.

Close up view of the chunks.

A multicolored lamp in a dark room

and in a light room.

This is a set of matching tiki lamps with moai's.

Close up of the lava rocks that he hand glues in place along the edges. This is over the top cool!

Ocean colors.

If you are interested you may contact Roge through etsy or by sending me a PM.
His lamps are quality and hand made.

Cheers, Wendy

I bought a clear one. The nice thing about being clear is that you can change the color with a different light bulb. It even works well with a Simflame for a candle effect.

MaukaHale it would be terrific if you posted a photo of where you hung the lamp. Cheers, Wendy

Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 6:34 PM
Subject: new PAIR Tiki lamps

This Pair of Tiki rock lamps is now available on etsy.com………

https://www.etsy.com/listing/157883862/tiki-rock-chunk-hanging-pair-ceiling

………Roger

On 2013-07-26 14:20, danlovestikis wrote:
MaukaHale it would be terrific if you posted a photo of where you hung the lamp. Cheers, Wendy

Hi Wendy, I have the light behind a palm tree. From the home theater room it adds back light to the tree.

When you're in the tiki bar it lights up the corner of the room. The light looks a lot more red in person. Its hard to photograph a bright object in a dark room and get the correct color.

This one shows the color better.

It was fun to meet you at Tiki Kon 2013. I've put aside the dates for the Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl. I hope to see you again in October.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

[ Edited by: MaukaHale 2013-07-26 23:09 ]

Thank you so much for the photos. I'll send this on to Roge.
I hope you make it for the crawl, it will be right up there with
Tiki Kon which was perfect. Good to meet you too but a photo would
help my poor memory. Wendy

Hi Friends, I'm posting this note from Roge about these lamps.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/157883862/tiki-pair-rock-chunk-hanging-ceiling

This is a set of matching tiki lamps with moai's.

Tiki PAIR Rock Chunk Hanging Ceiling lights. Handmade, vintage

This PAIR is available now 7.25.13 for $705

'It is more than an art lamp, it's…….

The lamps are offered as a pair.
There are some differences between them. No two will ever be perfectly alike.

Wendy Cevola sculpt the Easter Island Moai statues. Thanks to her artistic talent, we have the figures. Wendy has made a number of art objects with the Tiki theme. She posts on Tiki Central.

Molds were made of the Moai figures and castings from them were placed in some of the lamp panels. Real lava rock were applied to all of the borders.

Lamp Description: #101, solid rock/chunks of a very pale yellow, amber and clear. Two Moais were added.

Lamp Measurements are 16 lbs, 11” wide x 15.5” high, a four sided rectangle with an open bottom for down light and a closed top. The lamp is wired with 15 ft of black cord wire/plug/on-off cord switch, also 12 ft of black chain and 2 ceiling hooks. Lava rock borders. Light recommendation is 50 watts.

I have been making rock chunk hanging lamps since 1962. If you want some history information on the early lamps, let me know. I am now located in the Grass Valley foothills of northern California.

30 day guarantee for USA sales. Some restrictions apply. Be 100% satisfied or return for a full refund if not happy.

Thank you, Roger

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-07-30 08:02 ]

Roge says,

I have something new for you…… The Moai SunCatcher. You may purchase those on Etsy or choose your own colors with or without a Moai (two styles).

https://www.etsy.com/listing/160940323/suncatcher-65-x-105-rectangle-moai-red

I am offering a TIKI CENTRAL reader discount.

Something special for anyone on Tiki Central, you can get two for the same price by emailing me at [email protected] so I can process it.

That is a 50% discount but only for the SunCatchers, not the lamps.

Thanks Dan and Wendy for all the help you have given me over the last couple of years. I appreciate it………Roge

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-08-28 10:13 ]

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-08-28 15:40 ]

Hello Tiki Central member,
You may have a SunCatcher at a special 50% discount.
Normal postage or UPS still applies (no discount).

How to order…
Give me the quantity, measurements, shape and color described on etsy.com
(example: 1 item: 6.5 x 10.5 Rectangle MOAI, red rocks)
You may order the SunCatcher with or without the Moai, Moai with Hat or Tiki figure. All were originally sculpted by Wendy Cevola. Let me know how you want yours made.

The one you see on etsy may be gone but I will make another very similar SunCatcher for you. It will take a few days before I can mail it to you.

To get to etsy.com click on this or type it in……

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger?ref=pr_shop_more

Pick out the one you want and let me know by email. I will respond to you with your cost, then please send me the check or pay through etsy.com then I will mail the SunCatcher to you. 100% satisfaction guaranteed of course.

Thank you,

Roger Bodine
PO Box 1686
Cedar Ridge, CA 95924
[email protected]

Roge just let me know that all of these have sold. So if you want one (except it's buy one get one free) he'll make it for you in your colors and shapes and with or without one of the tikis I sculpted and he cast in resin. Cheers, Wendy

We just received our suncatcher from Roge. We rarely open the shutters but for now we found a good place in our front window. Even without light shining through it looks great.

Roge we love it, you are the best! Wendy

Roge just made this new design. He's able to string them up in rows of different sizes. Do you have something in mind? Just let him know.

Cheers, Wendy

See order and shipping info above.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-09-14 08:10 ]

https://www.etsy.com/listing/162846337/3d-suncatcher-price-650-specials-3-diam?ref=shop_home_active

This is a better link to his new suncatchers. Roge lives in the woods and he had some critters visit him. He's posted a photo on this link to his art.

He also is now doing mini discs. His twin grand-daughters are admiring them in this photo.

Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-09-17 09:44 ]

Well hello again……..I have some discounted lamps on etsy.com if anyone is interested. Only one of a kind.

I really like the 3 inch diam 3D SunCatcher discs. They are fun to make. For anyone that is going to sell them at Tiki Fairs contact me for wholesale prices.

Give me more information on the Tiki Necklaces and I will get back to you.

Thanks to Wendy & Dan……….Roge

MAHALO TIKI in Sacramento is carrying some of Roge's lamps. They will ship. These photos do not so them justice, they are beautiful. In a dark room they create a perfect mood for relaxation. Cheers, Wendy

Hi Friends, Roge has come up with a new design that looks like a planet like earth.

He has tiki lamps too. Check him out, Wendy

Very nice. One can never have enough glowing resin goodness!

Roge thanks you bigbrotiki. It was so good to see you at Marketplace.

Mahalo Tiki has some of Roge's lamps and can ship them to your door.

Happy Holidays, Wendy

Time for an update. Roge is still taking orders on Etsy. He has this new design available. Check out this thread. He has a great history to read and lots for sale.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/189645674/lantern-electrified-colored-rock-chunks?ref=shop_home_active_4

====================================================================
These are photos of Dan's vintage tiki lamp. Maybe Roge could put a Moai on one of his panels?

A flash sure shows the dust! Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-05-21 09:20 ]

Sven's newest Tiki Pop book shows one of Roge's Chunk Lamps. Sven's book is huge and packed with delights. Roge's lamps are terrific.

Off facebook today I borrowed this photo that shows the size.

Check him out on Etsy. This is the link to Roge's work.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger?ref=listing-shop-header-item-count

I'm so happy to find one of Roge's Tiki Chunk Lamps in the book. I did the sculpt for the tikis on the sides.

Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-08-27 21:45 ]

Here is a message from Roge/Roger. It looks like the treasures on Etsy and those for sale in Mahalo Tiki's shop are going to be the last that are available. Roge has an incredible history documented on this thread. If you haven't read it before check out the story starting on page one. It's been so much fun and we love our chunk lamps. Thank you so much Roge. Much love, Wendy

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger?ref=listing-shop-header-item-count

Hi Wendy,
I have about 20 lamps left and all are shown on etsy.com.
I am about out of resin and I doubt that I will buy any more. I will let you know when they have sold, etc.

Thanks so much for all your help over the years, you two are very special to give so much attention to the lamps. It has been an interesting trip for me. I have enjoyed talking to the many Tiki persons that picked up some hanging lamps. The Tiki people, along with others have come from all over the U.S., southern Florida to here in California. What a fun connection it has been.

I’m still looking for someone in the greater Sacramento area that would like to learn and take over the making of the rock lamps.

Take care and love to you…….Roger

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-08-28 08:29 ]

T

Wendy - I'm sad to read about Roger retiring from the lamp making business. I tell you if I lived closer to Sacramento I would take up his offer to teach somebody the art of making resin lamps. I'd really like to try my hand at this sort of thing.

I hope someone comes forward and takes over making the lamps. I really enjoy mine with the Moai.

Hi guys, I hope that someone will continue the tradition in the future. Wendy

https://www.etsy.com/listing/206706569/moai-swag-lamp-red-easter-island?ref=shop_home_active_1

He has one more with the Moai's left.

S

thanks for the update Wendy, put in my order.

K
kiara posted on Tue, Nov 4, 2014 11:25 AM

On 2013-11-12 09:20, danlovestikis wrote:

Hi Friends, Roge has come up with a new design that looks like a planet like earth.

He has tiki lamps too. Check him out, Wendy

Hi Wendy and Dan,

Your threads have always been some of my favorites on TC.
I'm really sad to hear that Roger is retiring from lamp making (again.) I own a few of his lamps and He is a master. I don't wan't to steal the spotlight, but I just wanted to share one of my lamps. This is my version of the big blue marble. I made all of the smaller pieces on this as well. The little flowers and chunks of lava. I don't sell any of my lamps. I just make them for fun or to give as gifts.
Here's a few photos.

Hi there, that's really a fun lamp. I'm going to forward this to Roge so he can enjoy it too. Thank you for posting. Wendy

K
kiara posted on Fri, Nov 7, 2014 10:34 AM

Thank you Wendy. That's really nice of you.

I was just informed that Roge passed away this June. He will be so very missed by family and friends. He had a lot of fun watching this thread. Thank you all for contributing to that enjoyment for both him and I. Wendy

8T

Sorry to learn of his passing. Glad you got to know him. I wish I could make my own chunk lamps, they're awesome. When you see a cool chunk lamp you just have to grin.

I just had fun with one of Roge Bodine's chuck lamps with my moai on the front. The person was coming to my home for his wish and then he and Nelson were hooking up in San Francisco so he could pick up this lamp. To help them out Dan and I drove to Mahalo Tikis place of business to pick the lamp up. Nelson aka Mahalo Tiki showed me it had a large chip. I figured out that I could repair it so I did. Now my wisher will get both at one stop and a free repair to boot.

Here's the chip.

First Dan and I went for a walk in our neighborhood looking for a couple of rocks that would fit. Found them!

Next I used an acrylic clear glue.

I pressed them in place and let them dry overnight.

Then I painted them with enamel paint.

All done and blended with the other rocks so that they all match.

The lamp is now ready for pick up along with his wish.

Repairing tiki items is fun. That's what started my entire tiki art career. Wendy

Sorry to learn of Roge's passing.

I was looking for one of his resin Moai for a project in my bar.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 179 replies