Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Is forum activity decreasing?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 312 replies

T

We need a "this guys a Barney button"

Ya know I wonder if the users online has like a number that is always there, like padding.

Seems like there are always 50 or more people on TC.

"just say no to Flakebook"

Even if forum activity were to be decreasing, tiki is still growing. Recent case in point, brand-spankin' new, and opening May 24th:

And the post with additional details:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=52866&forum=2&vpost=786949

A fellow Tiki Room member whom I've met in person replied to my remark about this forum's lack of interaction by saying that he communicates through email with a few fellow posters. I wonder if many others here do that as well.

[ Edited by: His Majesty O'Keefe 2018-05-31 09:33 ]

On 2018-05-31 09:33, His Majesty O'Keefe wrote:
A fellow Tiki Room member whom I've met in person replied to my remark about this forum's lack of interaction by saying that he communicates through email with a few fellow posters. I wonder if many others here do that as well.
(end quote)

Gee, nobody ever writes to me. Now I feel left out and I need a drink. Hey - THANKS! :drink:

On 2018-05-31 12:13, AceExplorer wrote:

Gee, nobody ever writes to me. Now I feel left out and I need a drink. Hey - THANKS! :drink:

I'm stunned! You being a Grand Member and all... :wink:

H
Hamo posted on Sat, Jun 2, 2018 5:02 PM

On 2018-06-02 03:18, His Majesty O'Keefe wrote:

Hmmm, perhaps we should start a Grand Member pen pal program....

T

I can't believe Hukilau has started and no one has put anything on here from tonight but I bet there is loads on Facebook etc

Exactly. And the most popular thread on here is 8 pages of tiki people complaining about all the things they hate about tiki.

Starting to feel like a retirement home around here..,

On 2018-06-07 04:56, happy buddha wrote:
Exactly. And the most popular thread on here is 8 pages of tiki people complaining about all the things they hate about tiki.

Oh jeez, that's not even what that thread is about. It's just opinions about Tiki that might be unpopular, like "Jimmy Buffet isn't that bad" and shit like that. Most of the thread is just interesting tidbits of information most of us didn't know before.

On 2018-06-02 03:18, His Majesty O'Keefe wrote:

Mahalo, Your Majesty. I'm from Hollywood, FL too.

What's with only 22 posts in 13 years? Talk about lack of forum activity! :P

Any tiki activities happening in the month of August 2018?
Haven't seen any news here about any.

Yeah, not much being posted here, but there is lots of stuff going on.

Check out Hurricane Hayward's site where he always updates "the week in tiki." Click the URL below.

http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/the-week-in-tiki/

I forgot to include the notation below from Hurricane Hayward's "week in tiki" page - it's an excellent sign of the times for us - there is a ton of interest in tiki, and there are events and activities all over the globe.

NOTE: Due to time constraints, the 2018 calendar will be limited and include only major, special events. It’s a good thing that the Tiki scene has become so robust, it’s nearly impossible to follow every event in every town. We urge you to continue to support your local Tiki events and establishments, and we’ll continue to cover the highlights while focusing more intensely on South Florida, The Mai-Kai and The Hukilau. Okole maluna!

I'm party-trained!

[ Edited by: AceExplorer 2018-08-02 11:35 ]

Everybody is too busy living that they don't have time to post.

H
Hamo posted on Wed, Sep 5, 2018 8:49 PM

I know this specific point has been brought up before, but I’ve been drinking, so my research skills are impaired....

This is the lowest “currently browsing” number I ever remember seeing. (Again, I’ve been drinking.)

H
Hamo posted on Wed, Sep 5, 2018 8:55 PM

However, I do see that Cocktailsbybob just joined TC yesterday, so membership keeps growing. Welcome, Bob!

[ Edited by: Hamo 2018-09-05 20:56 ]

K

55 people now, but all guests/lurkers. I'm the only signed in member who is both browsing and bothering to contribute. :)

But as of right now we have 21 pages of posts on "Is forum activity decreasing?"

The irony is driving me to drink -- and for this I toast each and every one of you!

This post is certified tastier than a Tide pod.

M

On 2018-09-06 11:36, AceExplorer wrote:
But as of right now we have 21 pages of posts on "Is forum activity decreasing?"

The irony is driving me to drink -- and for this I toast each and every one of you!

Every time I reply to a thread, all responses appear to halt for 1-2 weeks. Therefore, forum activity is inversely proportional to the number of posts I make.

The drink is driving me to iron.

T

104 users on a tuesday at 1pm. The most I've seen at any time of any day for quite awhile... kids are back in school and I've wondered for years if they impact the numbers with school research?

It's the squirrels...so many squirrels...

On 2018-09-11 13:27, tikicoma wrote:
kids are back in school

You kids get off my lawn!

C

On 2018-09-16 19:14, Scott McGerik wrote:

On 2018-09-11 13:27, tikicoma wrote:
kids are back in school

The boys are back in town...

On 2018-09-16 19:09, Scott McGerik wrote:

It's the squirrels...so many squirrels...

You try ironing squirrels while drinking. It's hard enough when I'm sober.

H
Hamo posted on Thu, Nov 21, 2019 10:42 PM

On 2018-09-05 20:49, Hamo wrote:
I know this specific point has been brought up before, but I’ve been drinking, so my research skills are impaired....

This is the lowest “currently browsing” number I ever remember seeing. (Again, I’ve been drinking.)

Well, just now, this is the highest “currently browsing” number I ever remember seeing:

(And, yes, I've been drinking tonight, too....)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 312 replies