12808 Victory Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA 91606-3013
Avail. for Special Events @ the Hut or Location
http://www.tongahut.com

[ Edited by: tonga hut 2014-09-21 12:18 ]

JB

JB

JB

I will be stopping by today to meet up with our good friend Grog and check out his new slim caveman frame.

Grog EAT NO SUGAR!!!!!UGG

Also he will be showing us the Brown Version of the Primitive Mug...come by and check it out.

TT

Glad to hear your comin' back to the Hut today Rory, especially since I didn't get a group shot last week!
...and GROG too, he wasn't even there last week. Maybe that's because GROG would have to drink "Tiki Water." :wink:

T

Hey, does anybody know the lyrics to the Hawiian Eye theme? We can sing along when Marty Lush plays the song!

TT

I found these...

Theme Song Lyrics
Title: "Hawaiian Eye"
By: "Mack David & Jerry Livingston"

Hawaiin Eye.
Hawaiin Eye.
Hawaiin Eye.

The soft island breeze brings you strange melodies
And they tell of exotic mysteries under the tropical spell of
Hawaiin Eye.
Hawaiin Eye.
Hawaiin Eye.

Where love and adventure await
This is your fate
And you can not stray from
You can't run away from
Hawaiin Eye.
Hawaiin Eye.
Hawaiin Eye.

Hawaiin Eye Theme Lyrics

Hawaiin Eye by Mack David and Jerry Livingston - Hawaiin Eye Lyrics

Hawaiin Eye.
Hawaiin Eye.
Hawaiin Eye.

The soft island breeze brings you strange melodies
And they tell of exotic mysteries under the tropical spell of
Hawaiin Eye.
Hawaiin Eye.
Hawaiin Eye.

Where love and adventure await
This is your fate
And you can not stray from
You can't run away from
Hawaiin Eye.
Hawaiin Eye.
Hawaiin Eye.

Beat me by that much....

TT

:)

T

Awesome!

As far as I knew, the lyrics consisted of the sound of a cat being strangled, then "Hawaiian Eye!" over and over and over...

Just warbled along with the "Sven A Kirsten Presents The Sound Of Tiki" version (the version described above) and in the musical interludes, the rest of the lyrics totally fit!

I'm set! (Unless I forget the lyrics, which I undoubtably will)

And that Get Smart pic makes me think that maybe we should get DJ Lush to play some classic TV themes tonight too!

J

i'll be there a little bit later... see any of you stragglers who happen to still be there!

O
Otto posted on Sun, Jan 22, 2012 5:32 PM

On 2012-01-21 13:39, tonga hut wrote:
Come to the Tonga hut this Sunday 3pm-8pm to enjoy a vintage, Tony Ramos "Hawaiian Eye" cocktail And if your feeling a bit adventurous have the updated version by Lisa-Marie. Watch old black and white episodes of "The Hawaiian Eye" while mingling with LA's finest, and listening to the entrancing sounds of Marty Lush's music mixing...This will be a day to remember!

LM

Wow, this is sort of a lead up for Tiki Oasis! Joe Banks and Marty Lush DJing spy tunes? Yes!
How do I get you guys serving Hawaiian Eyes and Marie's improved Hawaiian Eye in a room party?

JB

On 2012-01-22 17:32, Otto wrote:

Come to the Tonga hut this Sunday 3pm-8pm to enjoy a vintage, Tony Ramos "Hawaiian Eye" cocktail And if your feeling a bit adventurous have the updated version by Lisa-Marie. Watch old black and white episodes of "The Hawaiian Eye" while mingling with LA's finest, and listening to the entrancing sounds of Marty Lush's music mixing...This will be a day to remember!

LM

Wow, this is sort of a lead up for Tiki Oasis! Joe Banks and Marty Lush DJing spy tunes? Yes!
How do I get you guys serving Hawaiian Eyes and Marie's improved Hawaiian Eye in a room party?

We'll run it by the Q Branch....we might just be able to make that happen.

The Caveman in the House with the Monkey.

TT

Photos from last night.
JudyLuck and Marie King were in the Hut as well as Wildsville man for a second week in a row.

Eric, Amy & Manuel...

...Uh-oh, they've been turned into mugs!

Wildsville man caught with his Ding Dong in his hand again!

"He said Ding Dong."

Erik Link from Eric October's POV

Sportin' my PKNY (Painkiller New York) shirt that my sister got me for Xmas.

Ray is a happy camper, the Giants are going to the Super Bowl!

Three...

Four...

Six...

Holy crap, these people keep multiplying!!!

Large version of the pic above can be seen here:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-L0A3f_NH3Mg/Tx3I9lmbTRI/AAAAAAAAAXY/G_RMC5F2dqk/s1600/IMG_3419w.jpg

That Manuel always has the best shirts!

TH

I updated The first page, but forgot to Bump yesterday....Tiki Teach updated the Global thread as well.

Here is a list of Things that will be happening at the Tonga Hut in the next few months:

• Martini Kings will be back to play a Saturday nite in February, details to follow....

• Super Bowl 2/5 will be transformed into the Tonga Bowl Party. We will be having prizes gifts and food , Come for the Bowl even if you don't like Football, we have a lot of fun planned. Mugs, Shirts, and other prizes to be given away!

• Marie King, Formally of Don the Beachcomber's is a special guest bartender on Sunday February 12th, She will be mixing up some new cocktails. Please join us for this special event!

• March 31st Saturday, The Tiki Magazine Release Party, We will have Marty Lush and his Latin Livers Playing, Ernie (Grog) is working on an Art Show and we are working on some other special things too! More Info to follow......

Please check back, I will keep this thread updated...

Marie behind the bar again, cool news indeed!

Yay, Marie!
AND the Tiki Magazine party con Senor Lush! Can't wait!

Aloha friends!!!! Come to The Hut Today, 3-8pm, for Tiki Exotica with me...Lisa-Marie, and the rest of LA's finest!!! I'll be mixin up all your favorites...and we will be "Grogin It Up" all day!!! See ya soon!!!

J

Lisa-Marie mixes one great Rye Manhattan !! :)

JB

"Like"

Last night at Tonga Hut...

Hey is Eric Von Zipper taking over the Tonga Hut?
there goes the neighbor hood.

TH

Page One Updated!

JB

This Sunday 2/5 is the Tonga Bowl party at the Tonga Hut. Its our version of Superbowl Sunday, whether you like the Superbowl or not, there will be something for everyone! Food, Prizes, contests and just a lot of fun! Please join us for this special event! And as A special Treat, Jim and Coco are bringing Tikiyaki egg rolls, to go with Lisa Marie's great Cocktails!

See You There!

Tikiyaki eggrolls!!

J

A big screen TV in the mid-century authentic Tiki bar ?? !! :evil:

Hopefully it will be televising some Dorothy Lamour South Seas movie or Gilligan's Island episodes and NOT the Super Bowl.

Isn't that the point of the TONGA Bowl, a refuge from that other bowl ?? :)

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2012-02-01 11:27 ]

JB

I assume the Tonga Bowl is some sort of communal drink....

TH

On 2012-02-01 11:25, JOHN-O wrote:

A big screen TV in the mid-century authentic Tiki bar ?? !! :evil:

Hopefully it will be televising some Dorothy Lamour South Seas movie or Gilligan's Island episodes and NOT the Super Bowl.

Isn't that the point of the TONGA Bowl, a refuge from that other bowl ?? :)

John, The Superbowl will be on for those who care, for those who dont we will use the score to dispense gifts and Prizes like this vintage jersey!, The fun, The Tikiyaki egg rolls, the drinks will all overshadow the the game.... Everyone wins! Oh, and then the TV leaves :)

TH

On 2012-02-01 11:32, Joe Banks wrote:

Yes that too!

On 2012-02-01 11:32, Joe Banks wrote:

TH

Ok, Lots of great prizes, Lots of great food dishes and trivia... shaping up to be a great event! We hope you can join us!

TH

BK

Go Pats!

Thanks to all who came to our Tonga Party! Thanks to Julie and Dbrock for the great Chilli, Jim and Coco for the amazing Tikiyaki eggrolls, Jeremy for the Pizza and Lisa Marie for the great drinks! The game was great(go Giants!) The food and company, thanks again

Amy

Had a great time, and came home winning a bottle of rum and more!

TH

Events updated, This Sunday 2/12 Marie King formally from Don The Beachcomber's, we be the guest bartender on Exotica Sunday from 3-8 Please join Marie and us for some terrific cocktails!!!

TH

I'm there for sure!!
DJing for the afternoon, and evening if people stay later.

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2012-02-07 12:10 ]

- THIS SUNDAY -
- Sunday February 12th: MARIE KING (Formally of Don the Beachcomber) will be the Special Guest Bartender mixing up some new cocktails. Jeff BigTikiDude DJ'ing.......
Please join us for this special event!

Tonga Hut Since 1958

Exotica Sundays, Every Sunday @ L.A.'s Oldest Tiki Bar
12808 Victory Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA 91606-3013
Avail. for Special Events @ the Hut or Location

Wooooooot!!!
Thanks to Amy and Jeremy for allowing me to Spin for everybody on Sun.

will be great to See Marie behind a bar again.
can't wait to try a few tropical libations from her.

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2012-02-07 13:09 ]

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2012-02-08 18:43 ]

Taken from the Pray for Marie thread from May of 2011

On 2011-05-06 09:09, mike and marie wrote:
Hey, it's been a year ... any updates??

We looked at the date at the start of the thread and wanted to say that we were in DTB for dinner about a week before this happened (almost to the day). We saw Marie at the bar but we'd left without stopping by to say hi, which we regret because that night---

she made us the hands-down best mai-tai we've ever had in our life. Seriously! Strong, refined, deeply amber, pointing tartly of lime, just super perfect. And come to think of it, she made the best Jungle Jetsetter we ever had too, but that goes without saying...
(We actually wonder what mai-tai recipe Marie was using because we were in the other night and their mai-tais are nothing at all like how she made 'em.)

Of course we all want to Go to this on Sunday to celebrate Marie's recovery.
But for me the paragraph above says it all,
and is also a great reason to go to the Tonga Hut this Sun.

Jeff(btd)

J

This is really shaping up to be a VERY special Sunday at the Tonga Hut!
Looking forward to seeing lots of friends, old and new, experiencing the glory of the new and improved TH, tasting some amazingly delicious craft cocktails, listening to some of the best music anywhere, and most importantly, celebrating Marie's continued health!

TT

Looking forward to Marie's mixology this Sunday!!!

On 2012-02-08 12:13, Tonga Tom wrote:
Looking forward to Marie's mixology this Sunday!!!

amen brutha

Tomorrow!!
Who's going?

Jeff(btd)

Today!!!
Me...I know, big surprise. It will be our third night in a row at TH.
Looking forward to seeing some not-so-regulars...and regular regulars too!
In case you couldn't make it out for Amy's birthday last night, I'm sure we'll be continuing the celebration tonight as well.

Larger version can be found here:
http://tongatom.blogspot.com/2012/02/amys-birthday-at-tonga-hut-2112012.html

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 402 replies