Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 402 replies

TT

Here's some more vending photos...

TT

And, more vending photos...

TT

A few sound check photos...

T

No problem West. Ive been called worse . My wife Cindy standing next to me says Im an egomaniac with an inferiority complex . And that shirt Im wearing is an official tour guide shirt from the Polynesian Cultural center in Oahu from the 70s .Sweeet !

[ Edited by: TIKI-RAY 2012-04-02 17:19 ]

N

Aloha,

I wanted to say thank you to Amy, Jeremy, Ray, Ernie and all of the staff at the Tonga Hut for making the Tiki Mag release party a success. Thanks to Marty and his Latin Livers for a great show. It was so great seeing everyone as "Tiki Season" is officially kicked off. It was my first time at the Tonga Hut since the remodel and it looks great. Special thanks also to Brad Ableson, one of the creators of Good Vibes, for his Tiki art and incredible poster.

Hope to see everyone soon,

Nick

S

Such a great weekend surrounded by so many great friends!
The only problem living in the Bay Area is its about 5 hours too far from the Tonga Hut :wink:

The bar looks fantastic, the drinks were superb, the staff was fast and friendly, the vendors all braved the rain and it seemed in doing so made some great sales, I got to meet a few tiki people who I have missed being introduced to so far which was a treat, the new issue of Tiki Magazine is the best yet!, Marty Lush was...well..Marty Lush, the Latin Livers were amazing, it was great to see Jeremy join in on guitar, I loved the Rhum Rhum Club (except next time someone make sure that Rory "cleanses his pallet" with something non-alcoholic between tastings, ok?), and overall if it wasn't for places like the Tonga Hut and the people who hang out there coming down to LA would be a hell of a lot less fun so thank you!

Hope to see you sooner rather than later my friends xoxox

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2012-04-03 07:59 ]

Because Val and I weren't able to make it to the event Saturday, I'm especially grateful for all the photos. It really looks like it was a great, long day. Congrats to all those involved in putting it together and pulling it off. :)

kevin

TT

Here's some pics of the Marty Lush And The Latin Livers...

TT

TT

TT

Tonga Hut 4/1/2012

See larger image here: http://tongatom.blogspot.com/2012/04/tonga-hut-412012.html

Ack! I'm finally getting around to posting on TC...

Grog, you put on another great event at the Tonga Hut, which was only made more spectacular by Jeremy, Amy, Marty Lush (and his Livers), Marie and her crew, Nick and his magazine, and all the fine ohana who showed up for this. And the vending was fantastic. I spent waaaaay too much money, but I love everything I bought. Thanks so much for cheering on Tiki Magazine, you guys! More to come in August!

TT

New Bastard this Sunday at 7pm - 4/15/12

MorticiaBaddams will be finishing the Grog Log this Sunday at Tonga Hut!

New Bastard at 7pm tonight!
Let's shoot our largest Bastard group photo tonight.

Here's last weeks group shot.*

*not all people in this photo are Bastards.

Early congrats to the new bastard, from an aspiring bastard. I'll be raising my toast from Staples Center, waiting to have my heart broken by the Kings.

Hope to see everyone again soon!

kevin

TT

First Rumpus Room, now this? Have a great time tonight, we'll miss you!

On another note, I hear MorticiaBaddams is requesting we wear black for her inauguration tonight. Dust off those black tiki shirts, and go goth-tiki! :wink:
Erik, you should dress like Lurch, and GROG, you can be Uncle Fester. :wink:
Maybe we can get one of Bamboo Ben's lampshades to be be Cousin It?
Marie will be taking over for Lisa-Marie at the 8 o'clock hour.
See ya'll tonight!

Photo by Bamboo Ben

TT

Here's some photos from last night's festivities.

14 BASTARDS!!!
Large group shot can be found here: http://tongatom.blogspot.com/2012/04/tonga-hut-2152012-salpy-becomes-bastard.html

What a great way to cap off the Mojave Oasis weekend.
Thank you Jeremy and Lisa Marie!

The ladies got a bowl...

As well did the men...
"Okay, I'm going to distract Sherriyaki with this text."

"Hey, what's going on here?"

"Get that straw out of our bowl!"

A good time was had by all with cocktails, pizza, Twinkies, and Cupcakes

Bowls! My hat goes off to my fellow Mojave Oasis campers for making it to Tonga Hut after returning from the desert.

Kevin

On 2012-04-23 00:41, Tonga Tom wrote:
What a great way to cap off the Mojave Oasis weekend.

Tong Tom,
It was a great debriefing!
The next Mohave Oasis I shan't miss -- As I can't wait to see what my sunburn will look like!

~Kim

I'll be finishing the Grog Log on Sunday (4/29) with a Zombie.....woo hoo!

tiki_martin
(aka "the other Marty")

JB

Hail new Bastards!

[ Edited by: joe banks 2012-04-25 18:23 ]

Val and I are en route from Mammoth, hoping to make it down in time to see some bastards!

Kevin

TT

On 2012-04-29 14:18, heylownine wrote:
Val and I are en route from Mammoth, hoping to make it down in time to see some bastards!

Kevin

Looking forward to seeing you there!

We all had a nice time talking cocktails with Marie ... here with Adriene & John of LA Modcom

G
GROG posted on Sun, Apr 29, 2012 4:06 PM

GROG will be there tonight in support of the newest Bastard. Sunday before last, the majority of the crowd at the Tonga Hut were all members of the Loyal Order of the Drooling Bastard. There were 13 or 14 Bastards there at one point.

I drink at "The Hut" and I'm proud.
I'm part of an original crowd.
And if you look around these days,
there seems to be Tonga Hut craze.
I'm a Bastard, he's a Bastard, she's a Bastard we're all Bastards.
Wouldn't you like to be Bastard too?

Be a Bastard. Drink at the Tonga.
Be a Bastard, finish of the Grog Log.

(sung to the "Be A Pepper" jingle)

[ Edited by: grog 2012-04-30 18:23 ]

G
GROG posted on Mon, Apr 30, 2012 6:32 PM

Some new Drooling Bastard records set last night.

4 Drooling Bastards inducted in one night! (the most so far).
Mr. Hollywood finished for the SECOND time, making him a PUKING BASTARD.
Johnny drank 70-something drinks in 15 days! Record for FASTEST GROG LOG FINISH.
We had 15 Drooling Bastards at one time in attendance at the Tonga Hut (the most so far).

It was a fun night.

TT

It was actually 16 Bastards!!!

What do you have to do to become a "Pickled Bastard" ?

TT

On 2012-05-02 00:09, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
What do you have to do to become a "Pickled Bastard" ?

Finish all 78 drinks in Beachbum Berry's Grog Log at Tonga Hut.

TT

Here's more Bastard photos from last weekend...

Drawing straws to see who pays for the final round

Jae, your a winner!

Jeremy, once again, sings the new "Bastard" song!

Martin

Jeff

Jae

Jon

It's a family affair!

Jeff is a double mint bastard!

Jae is prepared

TT

Well, since I got to TH too late last night to take a group shot, here's the one from last week...

You can view the larger version here: http://tongatom.blogspot.com/2012/04/tonga-hut-2152012-salpy-becomes-bastard.html

TH

Check Page one for details! Ding Dong Devils on Saturday May 26th!

TT

I'll post more later, but here's a few photos from the Ding Dong Devils....

TTTTTTTTT-Tom!

H

That was SO much fun! Ding Dong Devils sounded awesome! I was absolutely thrilled they let me sit in on a couple of tunes :) Thanks again guys!

TT

And it looked a little somethin' like this...

I clearly thought I was drumming for the Dead Kennedy's and not the Ding Dong Devils in that first picture. I don't remember even doing that...I hope I didn't twirl my drum sticks too??!

Stacey, Beating the skins!

Ha ha! Awesome! :)

TT

6/3/25012: Chad becomes a Bastard!

Larger versions can be found below...

TT

More photos from the event!

[ Edited by: Tonga Tom 2012-06-05 23:17 ]

6/17/2012 (THIS SUNDAY):
Un-Selfish Bastard Day: Cancer Charity Event
A cancer awareness and support charity event. Donations to weSPARK cancer support center.
Donate your DB $1 off and/or more.
Hosted by The Loyal Order of the Drooling Bastard and their newest member Kim Noble.
Come one and all, show your support!
June is Men's Health and Cancer Awareness Month, and the awareness color is blue...So wear a blue aloha shirt or dress!

ALSO...
"Father Tiki" aka Scott Kingsbury will be visiting the Hut during his trip home from India that day.

AND...
Lisa-Marie Burnside is working 4-8pm
Marie King at 8pm to close!!!

[ Edited by: tonga hut 2012-06-13 11:16 ]

Final Grog Log Drink This Sunday! Finally, I shall join the ranks of Bastard!

TT

I'll be supplying the tunes tomorrow as well.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 402 replies