Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

HeadHunter Hideaway.

Pages: 1 2 55 replies

This is our home tiki bar in las vegas nv.
we are renting our house so we arent able to do everything we want to it

My fiance' made this light out of swizzle sticks from Frankies tiki room. We live real close to there.

Pretty extensive remodel for a rental (no white ceilings or walls) and great use of those swizzle sticks. Looks like you've got a fine place to relax and unwind.

Awesome job. Love the light made from the swizzles. Very creative job on everything.

Nice!!! Very cool room and collection of tiki swag. Like all your your ambient lighting as well. Nice job!!!! I dig it :D

too bad the name of your bar isn't original.... did you think of it yourself or just steal it from my earlier posts about my home bar??? kinda shitty on your part.....

Damn Trader Brittle Britches. Easy on the guy, it is just a home bar. I made a sign for a home bar by the same name YEARS ago .

Love it! Could easily sit there all day and sip on cocktails..
Great job on the Headhunter Hideaway!!

On 2012-02-06 21:40, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Damn Trader Brittle Britches. Easy on the guy, it is just a home bar. I made a sign for a home bar by the same name YEARS ago .

I'm sure there are others out there, that's not the point. There is a thread on here where folks post the names of their tiki bars and it's loaded with all kinds of creative names and signs and such, no two really alike. A quick search of T.C. would have revealed any conflict of interested. It's kind of an unwritten rule that you don't hijack someone else's name. In this instance, common courtesy was overlooked, that's all. I just find it irritating, especially from a newbie.

Fantastic bar. You've put a lot of work in there.
(P.S. I don't think the name Headhunter Hideaway is exclusive).

[ Edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2012-02-07 05:34 ]

On 2012-02-07 05:23, Kon-Hemsby wrote:

thanks brainiac !! that wasn't the point... I think i may change the name of my bar to whatever yours is called and start a new thread here on tiki central...

I know if the tables were turned and I took someone elses bar name, or such thing, half of tiki central would be coming after me with torches and pitchforks....

maybe I will write a tiki book and call it "the ultimate book of tiki" or "tiki modern extraordinaire " .... Har !!

B
Bula! posted on Tue, Feb 7, 2012 4:49 PM

Hey, just strolling the pages to get some inspiration
for my own home Tiki Bar.
Well done on your bar! AND in a rental!
Even if the name isn't as creative as some
would like, Id still rather sink a few cocktails
in your bar than at someone else's on here..
at least you'd probably make me feel
welcome..and the conversation would probably
be based on what Tiki is all about.. having fun,
not complaining! Great stuff man!
Oh ya, your fiancé did a great job with the swizzle
sticks.

[ Edited by: Bula! 2012-02-07 16:53 ]

On 2012-02-06 21:31, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
too bad the name of your bar isn't original.... did you think of it yourself or just steal it from my earlier posts about my home bar??? kinda shitty on your part.....

Dear "Tipsy McSwagger", Firstly, My sincerest apologies. I have to admit that I didn't do my research before I let my 14 year old nephew name my bar (he named it all on his own, and he felt like a big boy for doing so). That being said. Your name is truly original. You both in fact must be so well studied in the rich history of tiki culture that you both had thought of the same name! In his defense, however, he is only 14...I'm sure that your bar is a gem to see. May you, perhaps, post a link to your bar and its affiliated pictures. I would be extremely interested to see. Perhaps, you and he (my 14 year old nephew) have come up with other similar coincidences. Actually, now that were on that point. Isn't it weird coincidences exist? Such a wild notion, that more than 1 person can come up with a similar or exact same whatever it is. Such a wild notion. Am I right? Anyway, my dearest apologies "Tipsy McCrybaby" I'm sure we both have real problems to deal with, than to point fingers on a messageboard...or maybe we don't. I have all of the time in the world, if you care to discuss further. Come over for a virgin pina colada. I bought the ingrediants and renamed it after your screenname. Anyway, come over sometime, I'm looking forward to it...

*dictated not read

I can believe you got this past your Landlord?

On 2012-02-07 10:37, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

thanks brainiac !! that wasn't the point... I think i may change the name of my bar to whatever yours is called and start a new thread here on tiki central...

I know if the tables were turned and I took someone elses bar name, or such thing, half of tiki central would be coming after me with torches and pitchforks....

maybe I will write a tiki book and call it "the ultimate book of tiki" or "tiki modern extraordinaire " .... Har !!

I was merely trying to say that I didn't think The Headhunter Hideaway was a particularly unusual or exclusive name/idea. And really, isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery?
I certainly wasn't trying to insult anyone. Apologies if it was taken that way.

[ Edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2012-02-08 05:39 ]

On 2012-02-07 20:40, BuddyHoliday wrote:

On 2012-02-06 21:31, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

Dear "Tipsy McSwagger", Firstly, My sincerest apologies. I have to admit that I didn't do my research before I let my 14 year old nephew name my bar (he named it all on his own, and he felt like a big boy for doing so). That being said. Your name is truly original. You both in fact must be so well studied in the rich history of tiki culture that you both had thought of the same name! In his defense, however, he is only 14...I'm sure that your bar is a gem to see. May you, perhaps, post a link to your bar and its affiliated pictures. I would be extremely interested to see. Perhaps, you and he (my 14 year old nephew) have come up with other similar coincidences. Actually, now that were on that point. Isn't it weird coincidences exist? Such a wild notion, that more than 1 person can come up with a similar or exact same whatever it is. Such a wild notion. Am I right? Anyway, my dearest apologies "Tipsy McCrybaby" I'm sure we both have real problems to deal with, than to point fingers on a messageboard...or maybe we don't. I have all of the time in the world, if you care to discuss further. Come over for a virgin pina colada. I bought the ingrediants and renamed it after your screenname. Anyway, come over sometime, I'm looking forward to it...

*dictated not read

see? now that's a pretty clever response.... you took more time to come up with that than the name of your bar....maybe you should have named your bar and not your nephew.....

I expected just as much from a newbie..... carry on.

On 2012-02-08 03:55, Kon-Hemsby wrote:

On 2012-02-07 10:37, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

I was merely trying to say that I didn't think The Headhunter Hideaway was a particularly unusual or exclusive name/idea. And really, isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery?
I certainly wasn't trying to insult anyone. Apologies if it was taken that way.

[ Edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2012-02-08 05:39 ]

no worries- I never expected the name to be exclusive or that unusual... i just was caught off guard when i saw this thread for the first time and freaked out....there is just so much creativity on this site that I got used to holding folks to a higher standard here.... gues the times they are a changin'... anyway, i'm done cryin about it.... I have other things to whine and cry about on other peoples thread !! stay tuned !!

" I may not know karate..... but I do know crazy !!"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2012-02-08 10:05 ]

MOIST TOWELETTE?

On 2012-02-08 10:12, TIKI DAVID wrote:
MOIST TOWELETTE?

why yes, thank you sir.....

S

I seem to recall Ford Vox with the Headhunter Lounge back around 2001, and then I made a list of 10 names and took votes and everyone liked it, so I was going to use it on my bar project, but that didn;t happen. So, now I use it as the Headhunter Lounge inside the Hapa Haole Hideaway, so, it is a Hideaway too! Haha! I win! I ripped off everyone at once!

Doing things in a rental is challenging, but it is not completely limiting. You have done a lot, and should be able to hide all evidence when you leave.

The place looks awesome BuddyHoliday. I wish I could say more but I'm more speechless at how territorial people are over freaken name for a HOME bar. I will name my bar the HeadHunter Hideaway in honor of this thread.

Bro your landlord is way cooler than mine......I got free rein over the patio but nothing inside the house.

hi,
really nice job on the room.
i had two questions:
did you buy that tiki table, or carve it yourself? if you bought it, where?
second, are you planning to replace the white vertical blinds?
i have them too and am wondering what to do about them.
i came here for ideas. preferably low-cost ones.
thanks. nice work.

Q

Very nice job on the bar! AND... It's got a great name to boot.

Welcome fellow noob.

On 2012-02-09 21:28, subaquatic wrote:
hi,
really nice job on the room.
i had two questions:
did you buy that tiki table, or carve it yourself? if you bought it, where?
second, are you planning to replace the white vertical blinds?
i have them too and am wondering what to do about them.
i came here for ideas. preferably low-cost ones.
thanks. nice work.

thank you, my friend made the table for me, it's a chess board/cocktail table. i still have to figure out some seating to match it. as for the blinds i think im going to get some blackout curtains to cover them because i cant remove them due to my lease. i fornd a set at walmart for around $20- but they're really plain so i might try a tapa cloth pattern on them. i'll post pics when i do.

On 2012-02-10 13:23, Q-tiki wrote:
Very nice job on the bar! AND... It's got a great name to boot.

Welcome fellow noob.

Thank you, and thanks for being more welcoming than that other guy.

Did I miss it, or is there no bar in the pictures? I think I did see a parrot sitting on a sign that says "Rude Beach". Maybe I'm wrong... it's early.

W

I like the Hideaway, seems like you could throw some good parties there.

Where did you pick up the mask with the spears behind it? I have a similar one at my bar I picked up in Baguio City, Philippines, but I've seen they sell them here on Guam too.

W

Where did you pick up the mask with the spears behind it? I have a similar one at my bar I picked up in Baguio City, Philippines, but I've seen they sell them here on Guam too.

On 2012-02-12 03:33, Bongo Bungalow wrote:
Did I miss it, or is there no bar in the pictures? I think I did see a parrot sitting on a sign that says "Rude Beach". Maybe I'm wrong... it's early.

I'm starting the bar next weekend. there's going to be a fish tank in it. I'll post the pics when its done. the parrot's sign says nude beach, it's pointed toward the pool.

On 2012-02-12 04:10, Wayfarer wrote:

A friend of mine picked them up in the Philippines. I also got some monkey skulls from him, but my ol' lady says no skulls or taxadermy at the house, so i have to keep them at my shop.

Impressive, lots of creativity (especially the swizzle stick light - I'm going to steal that idea!), I think you should add a bit to your bar name . . . the Buddy Holiday Headhunter Hideaway . . . has a nice flow to it!

Cheers!

You should re-name it " Tipsy's Head Hunter" just to f' with him!!

He's from Hell you know....

Dig the swizzle light!!!

I found this solar light at Lowes Hardware for $15- I pulled the solar light out and replaced it with a regular light.

We Added some more nets and moved things around a bit. We're starting on the bar this weekend.

Looking good. What are your plans for the bar?

dude - the pictures don't do it justice...it's sweet in person - Cheers Buddy

Sweet lookin...
When is the party?
U need to have one.
I like the "bring me a bottle of rum, have a few drinks, check out my tiki bar n leave the rum bottle"
That's a fast way to build up your rum stock...

Nice job...your lamps are impressive...love that swizzle stick one. CHEERS :drink:

We built the bar yesterday. Now it's time to buy some fish to put in the aquarium.

Ryan torching it before we put the mohogany stain on it

You can see the Headhunter behind the bar (that's the tiki that we named the bar after)

Brilliant idea for the fish tank

I thought your "nephew" named the bar?? now you claim it was named because of that tiki ??

(oh crap..... here we go again...) :)

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2012-02-21 13:21 ]

B
Bonj posted on Tue, Feb 21, 2012 2:00 PM

microwaves a fresh bag of popcorn and waits for the show to start...

On 2012-02-21 13:20, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
I thought your "nephew" named the bar?? now you claim it was named because of that tiki ??

(oh crap..... here we go again...) :)

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2012-02-21 13:21 ]

Don't point that thing in my direction........ummmmmm....not that there is anything wrong with it......
but, please don't :lol: :lol: :lol:

The bar looks amazing! The fishtank idea is top-notch as well. I can see both sides of the name drama. If someone stole my bar name I would probably get mad. There isn't much that could be done about it I guess. Still, it would probably bug me. Regardless the place looks great.

A

Nice job all around. The cutaway (or whatever you call it) on the front of the bar is very cool.

I Love the swizzle stick light! That is a great idea. The fish tank too. All around, it's an awesome bar. Cheers.

Pages: 1 2 55 replies