Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Rangoon Gimlet

Pages: 1 5 replies

D

From the remixed beachbum book - i made it with Nolet's Gin and it was very interesting and had a unique flavor profile, however Nolet's is pretty expensive and looking to make these again for a pool / bbq party wanted to know if anyone else has alot of experience making them

I was thinking about going with Hendricks and then blending some cucumbers into the mixture as well to give it some more freshness, however i wondered how much cucuber to put -in there - was thinking maybe two small slivers per "drink" i will be making them a pitcher at a time - or will it take more than that to get its flaovr in there

I've made these a few times with Beefeater Gin. Not too far removed from a Gin & Tonic slushie as I recall. Yet I still enjoyed them.

D

Nolet's gin has a lot of floral notes so it gave it an interesting flavor

I have not tried it with a london dry, however from the original run it seems to call out for something with more floral to bring out the notes in the orgeat / falernum (one of those is it them i believe hard to remember exactly)

that being said if you think they are gin and tonic like Hendricks makes a GREAT g and t so that could be the perfect vehicle

Hendrick's is perfect, but Boodles is also quite good.

GK

Hendrick's is perfect, but Boodles is also quite good.

GK

Yes, what Grand Kahu said.
Yes, what Grand Kahu said.

One of our (especially, my wife's) favorites - in fact, learned of it, from Grand Kahu and Kenike. We've made them with good gin and cheap gin, and I really don't think a party crowd would notice the difference enough to warrant spending more. Mix batches with Gilbeys, and mix individual drinks for any particular gin aficionados. Actually, we usually make them with vodka (the cheap stuff), and enjoy them fine.

"The rum's the thing..."

[ Edited by: Limbo Lizard 2012-04-07 15:37 ]

Pages: 1 5 replies