Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TABOO: Thanks for the memories (Photo's on page 12)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 236 replies

CA

It's Taboo It's Huge It's not done....... but IT's going to be there and your the first to see it.......

7 Day's to TABOO

a breakdown and updates will be released every 24 hours until TABOO

We Have the pleasure of being the first group to see CRAZY AL's new Art which will be displayed at the Royal Sun in the Check-In area.

Be prepared to be impressed (or so I have heard)

Also,

Great Prizes for Best Decoration's and Room Party

Best Costume

Best Drink

Help us by setting the tone with Decorations and Costumes. This is a private event which we have the FULL Motel,so get comfortable with your inner freak and let's party.

Pendants on sale at http://www.tiki-caliente.com

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2012-09-27 19:23 ]

CA

OOOOOO!?! i need a time for the Unavailing! Fri night? or Saturday afternoon?

Oh ya.... IT's SUPER AMAZING! and.... TABOO!!

CA

PS: is that your Banana Hammock 'behind' that awesome mug? how Taboo.....

60's instrumental band from Belgium, The Jokers, doing Taboo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4uSRhdKmrk

here is the Ventures doing it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n38E_aFGSnY&feature=related

Sounds Incorporated
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDQqfdhVry4&feature=related

Kindy New Agey keyboards, but good guitar work,
by Robert Trebec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ATEms0bm5M&feature=related

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2012-09-29 00:36 ]

On 2012-09-28 22:39, crazy al wrote:
PS: is that your Banana Hammock 'behind' that awesome mug? how Taboo.....

Yes My TABOO friend likes to CHILLAX.

The Mug's are Here in Palm Springs and I have a guard on duty making sure they are safe and sound.

S
sec.8 posted on Sat, Sep 29, 2012 7:38 PM

"strangeness becomes everyday, then it's not strange anymore.."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlF3lv4hXBU

S
sec.8 posted on Sat, Sep 29, 2012 7:48 PM

Scarification symposium Saturday 12:30 in the Zulu Ballroom.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vvb16VyVEY&feature=related

it only hurts for a little while, alligator skin for life.....

[ Edited by: sec.8 2012-09-29 19:50 ]

Hey all you Taboooor's!

Jason Lee and I are looking for roommates for the weekend. We have a pool view with two queen beds. We totally slacked with setting arrangements up sooner. So if any of our friends bought the pendants but weren't able to get accommodations let us know! We have the room Thursday - check out Sunday. Let me know if you are interested and I'll fill you in with the pricing info.
Thanks! Michele Del Ray

5 days left and here is the Skinny.

We walked the grounds today to place vendors/Bar/Stage area.

We will have the Room Party Times Listed in the next day. We will not stack them on top of the live entertainment,so you should not miss anything.

We only have 1 double queen room left,so move quickly if you are interested.

If you are coming to the event it will be $45 at the door. It WILL NOT be a pendant you receive,it will be a wristband.

Pendants will be pulled off sale Thursday Morning.

We will release new information Monday.........Some cool side stuff that will be a special treat for people coming to the event.

Thank you for supporting our little event.

W

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2012-09-30 18:56 ]

Feeling very TABOO. On behalf of all of as the Zen Tiki Lounge podcast, we request your presence at our Taboo room party. We dare you not to stumble in.

http://www.zentikilounge.com

Is anyone driving up from the OC (Newport) area? One of our dancers could use a ride if anyone is planning on leaving Friday around 2pm. Let me know asap if you are.

Thanks!
Michele

Hi everyone! Starting the list for Taboo Event in Palm Spring.

Crawl hosts
FRIDAY
Susan, Corey and John, Kim - It's the 'Haole Rot' room party. 4:30
TikiDude and Kristina 5:30 pm
Appleton Rum tastings 6:30
Jason Lee 9:30
Zen Tiki Lounge 10pm
Kevin and Val 10:30
11:00 Taboo Host party with the Swank Bastards

SATURDAY

Nelson’s Mandy and Chris Friday 6:00pm
Agents of H.U.L.A 9:30
Tonga Hut Room Party/Appleton 10:30pm

Costume Contest Judging 9:00 Saturday On Stage

Rum tasting with Phil from Appleton, Friday and Saturday !

Judges are Forrest Cokely from Hi Times, PhiPhiRo(Award winning Mixologist) and Marie King of the Hut. !!!
If you are interested in hosting, please pm me!

Weather 95 degrees on Friday/93 degrees on Saturday

Food Details will be released on Tuesday.... Food will be served on grounds

Update:

Food On Grounds

Pulled Pork
B.B.Q Tri Tip
Talapia Fish
all come with sides

Lunch:
Burgers,Polish Dog's,Hot Links
Sides, Chips/Beans

The food was hand prepared this week,slow cooked and hand rubbed.

We will be serving Lunch Friday
Dinner Friday
Lunch Saturday
Dinner Saturday

Breakfast comes will your on ground rooms.

We will be keeping the prices down for people with the pendants.

Please support our B.B.Q staff/team please.

Also, We have 5 pendants left. If interested in getting a weekend Pass Pendant order A.S.A.P. at http://www.tiki-caliente.com

At the door we will only be selling wristbands

The Royal Sun is now SOLD OUT.

Please bring some Sun Block,beach towel,hat and a long sleeve white shirt is a bonus.

More updates later today.

Thanks for your time,
Rory

ROYAL SUN is
SOLD OUT

5 Pendants left for sale at http://www.tiki-caliente.com

[ Edited by: wildsville man 2012-10-03 07:54 ]

You defiantly do not want to miss the ‘unveiling’ of CrazyAL’s latest sculpture. Taboo is honored to be able to reveal the next amazing creation from this Crazy-man. I’ve not even seen it, but know it must be something to behold if it to set aside for such special attention. I’m assured by CrazyAL that Taboo is the description and it could be banned from the Hotel Lobby once the managers behold the shocking incredible sight.... “Will this Taboo be for you? It won’t be for everyone.” says AL.

B
BigToe posted on Wed, Oct 3, 2012 1:15 PM

I am releasing my newest custom paint edition at my booth at Taboo!

come by and check out the Frankies Lava Letch Zombie Sunset.

This hand-painted and hand-signed and numbered edition is limited to 30. i will have 10 or so at the show, so get em early!

I will also have new canvas AP prints in bamboo prints and lots of other fun BigToe swag.

Mahalo! Mr. Toe

Jason Lee and the R.I.P. tides have been working hard to provide you a Quality Show on Friday Night !

Be prepared for some fun surprises !

See you at 7pm Friday Night.

Look for this guy...

I will be selling the raffle tickets to win this mug...

The proceeds of the raffle go to the Palm Springs Animal Shelter.

See ya there!!!

Looks like one of our Dancers is Lost and searching for Taboo !

FRIDAY BREAK-DOWN

Noon: VENDOR AND TONGA HUT SET UP BEGINS

Noon: Pick up Pendants and Mug's begin's

1p.m. BAR IS OPEN and Jeff"Big Tiki Dude" starts the Tunes

1p.m.-3:30p.m. Vendor Sneak Peek

4P.M. Crazy Al's Unveil in the Lobby of his TABOO artwork and Kick off toast

Room Party
Susan, Corey and John, Kim - It's the 'Haole Rot' room party. 4:30

TikiDude and Kristina 5:30 pm

7p.m. LIVE; JASON LEE and the R.I.P.tides on the main stage

Jason Lee 9:30

Zen Tiki Lounge 10pm

Kevin and Val 10:30

11:00 Taboo Host party with the SWANK BASTARDS

CA

Thanks there Wild Guy for the great recognition. I must say I'm honored that You and Queen Kamehameha have given me such a great venue to reveal my latest work! I'm pretty jazzed about it, i hope the Taboo folks will be too!

Pendants are now off Sale. If you are interested in coming to TABOO. We will have wristbands for sale for $45 at the D.J. Booth. (Cash Only)

The Royal Sun is now SOLD OUT (no cancelations within 72 hours of event)

The last 10 mugs go on sale at the front desk for $60 each.(Cash only, one per person)

Please bring........

CASH (Food,Drinks,Vendors)
Sun Screen
Sun glasses
Hat
Costume
Beach Towel
Good Mood

See you all in 24 Hours.

W

CA

Packed and primed fo' TABOO HOO-DOOoooooooooooooooooo!!!!

by the way??? TABOO??

White Pants after Labor Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Jimmy Buffett tunes by the Wild One!

[ Edited by: crazy al 2012-10-04 09:23 ]

I'm packing, is it going to be HOT at Taboo?

DC

Hey all you desert rats...have a blast at Taboo...rock on Rory!!!!

The sound of the drums has grown deafening. Satisfy your pounding thirst with The Rum Drum.

Friday at 10:30 PM. Room 221.

kevin

See ya'll manyana

RD

I was out at Taboo for the festivities on Friday night. The weather was perfect.
So were the drinks, the music, the food, the people, and the vibe.

Thanks everyone for attending Taboo!!

Thanks to Big Jeff Tiki Dude for spinning tunes, Jeff and Steve for the amazing food!!, Stacia and Billy for serving!!

Swank Bastards, Dead Beat Daddy's, Jason Lee, for the killer music!!!

Marie and Jeremy for Hosting the Tonga Hut bar!!

All the vendors who came out to support Taboo!

John Mulder for the great mug, Kirby for the terrific pendants

Forrest for his great Rum classes, Phil for supplying all the Appleton rum, Devon for supplying all the primo and PBR, thanks to all the Room Party Hosts, Crazy Al and the staff if the Royal Sun!!!

Thanks Also to P Moss for unveiling his new book at Taboo.

Thank you Jay and Shag for dropping by!!!

Last but not least, Thanks to Rory for being a great event partner :)

One of my favorite pics of the weekend. Good Times!

On 2012-10-07 18:06, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
Thanks everyone for attending Taboo!!

Thanks to Big Jeff Tiki Dude for spinning tunes, Jeff and Steve for the amazing food!!, Stacia and Billy for serving!!

Swank Bastards, Dead Beat Daddy's, Jason Lee, for the killer music!!!

Marie and Jeremy for Hosting the Tonga Hut bar!!

All the vendors who came out to support Taboo!

John Mulder for the great mug, Kirby for the terrific pendants

Forrest for his great Rum classes, Phil for supplying all the Appleton rum, Devon for supplying all the primo and PBR, thanks to all the Room Party Hosts, Crazy Al and the staff if the Royal Sun!!!

Thanks Also to P Moss for unveiling his new book at Taboo.

Thank you Jay and Shag for dropping by!!!

Last but not least, Thanks to Rory for being a great event partner :)

Ditto.............Amy you hold your own

Besides all the above people I would like to thank the Artist Anthony Carpenter who created the poster that everything was based on..
Also Andrew for bringing the Skull Warrior to life and everyone who made this event a great small event.

Thank you to Everyone who made this event better by participating and being respectful to everyone else and us event planners.

W

All of us at the Zen Tiki Lounge podcast had an amazing weekend. Cheers to Rory and Amy for putting on a great event. We recorded a podcast from our room with a live audience. Click on over and listen, almost like being there. Pictures from the room party will be added very soon.

http://www.zentikilounge.com/2012/10/ztl-262-taboo-in-the-desert-an-adult-playground/

I am Listening as I Type this note. It sounds like I missed one hell of a party. Thank You so much for being part of these events and becoming an event within an event.

Cheers

W

Whew! That was a good time in the desert. Great vibe, lots of time to hang out and talk and shop and drink and more. The "pendant for a wristband" solution was a nice touch, and I'm happy to land another awesome pendant by Kirby. The mug is a nice (big!) addition to the collection as well. Add in the balcony decor and costumes and it felt like the theme came together nicely.

Thanks to Rory and Amy for putting on the event, Marie and Jeremy for manning the bar, Jeff for tirelessly DJ-ing, Crazy Al with the art and MC-ing, the bands, the vendors, the other volunteers that help pull the event off, and the crawl hosts.

The whole weekend felt like a neighborhood affair, with lots of dropping in and visiting with friends new and old.

Pictures soon-ish!

kevin

CA

great time! could it be anything else?

Z
zond2 posted on Mon, Oct 8, 2012 11:07 AM

UffDa!
Looks like I took ~300 photos (not including video) at Taboo. Hopefully once I've gone through and culled them there might be a few worth posting.
As usual I'll create a set for them on my Flickr account and post the link here.
-Michael

M

Any collaboration Rory and Amy stamp their name on you know your getting a top shelf event. Great weekend that flew by yet had a months worth of debauchery and antics crammed into it. Mahalo to everyone that came by our Haole Rot Primo Beer Room Crawl and apologies to those that had to take early naps due to Pineapple Princesses Buzzy Bears. Also big thanks to John and Kim for co-hosting and helping to spread the aloha.

T

For those that weren't at Taboo, there was a camera crew shooting film for the upcoming DVD - Taboo Island.

On 2012-10-08 13:59, Mongoloid wrote:
Mahalo to everyone that came by our Haole Rot Primo Beer Room Crawl and apologies to those that had to take early naps due to Pineapple Princesses Buzzy Bears.

Too many Buzzy Bears....

After dark

Makes you see double Rorys

What a great time.

DC

TT

Here's the beginning of my photos...

TT

Once Again I want to thank everyone who came to the TABOO event. I believe it was something very special and not to have been missed.

BUT...........

I would like to talk about some issues that both Amy (Mojave Oasis) and Myself (Tiki Caliente) have noticed from this event that we were not happy with.
This was only 1% of the people,but it's a 1% that I don't want to see at my events or to grow in numbers. I will make these very short and to the the point.

1. Like all Events we run,we must bring an existing License on grounds to serve Booze. When that happens you can NOT bring your own drinks to the fenced event area. (Tonga Hut who provided the License could be fined or the License could be Voided) It is getting so in your face insulting with people bringing their own can's/bottles/mixed drinks to the pool/event area that I am taking it personally now. Your own booze, is for your room ONLY.

2. People selling product without being a vendor is just tacky and insulting to every vendor on grounds. I kicked out 2 people for doing this and banned them from coming to any of my events in the future. But next time it will be public.

3. If you can't handle your booze DON'T COME. As we all fall now and then,including myself.I at least know i get silly and loud when I over drink. I don't bother people and make them uncomfortable and leave a negative lasting impression of myself and the event itself......Once again you will be banned from ALL future events hosted by Amy and Myself. Please don't read too much into this,these people were contacted after the event. SO if you were not contacted you were just a fun RUMMY.

4. Do not come to the event after hours without a pendant. As this was a smaller event we were lean on security and in some ways self policed. When I see people come into town from L.A. Orange County and San Diego and try and hideout in rooms to watch the bands and not pay for a Pendant, all I can think is TACKY. If you can't afford to come to our events then "you can't afford to come to our events".

Sorry for the rant but we do our best to keep this event cost effective. With the price of rooms,Pendants,drinks and food. But when you don't even want to purchase any of those, then you should not be at our event after 6p.m.

Thanks for your Time,

W

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2012-10-09 10:57 ]

I want to give a big thanks to Everyone for Having us Out !

What a weekend. Rory and Amy ... Thanks to You the most for making things happen. more ways than people can understand.

Thanks for letting Jason Lee and the R.I.P. tides provide
our weird music for you to "Taboo" to.

Thank you everyone for the overwhelming support to John Mulder
and I on the Jason Lee Mug. The release party was a hit
and the mugs sold out fast.

I really felt Taboo was going to be the right Event to release
the mug and you guys were great.

Thanks to Rory for helping us show the mug so much at the show too !

I gotta say I didnt think the release of my drink "The Hair raiser" was going to win 2nd place so thank you !

We all hope to see you at another great Event in the Future !

Jason Lee (and the gang)

TT

T

We had a fantastic time, a big thanks to Amy and Rory. We enjoyed the music, the drinks and the people. A special thanks to Amy for accepting our last minute room party and to crazy Al for announcing it as if he always knew it would happen. Also thanks to Mary for her support.
Let's do it again!

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/1373/507503a9.jpg[/img
[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/1373/507503e7.jpg)

[ Edited by: Tikifrog 2012-10-09 22:22 ]

T

[ Edited by: Tikifrog 2012-10-09 22:26 ]

[ Edited by: Tikifrog 2012-10-09 22:26 ]

On 2012-10-08 21:01, Tonga Tom wrote:
Here's the beginning of my photos...

Wow after all these years, I finally got my picture in Tiki Central. That's me in a white shirt, at the very top left hand corner, working my BBQ!

Fun time, good people and may I say good food? Thanks Amy and Rory!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 236 replies