Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Desert Oasis Room

Pages: 1 2 3 110 replies

N

man...this place is fantastic..great video!

Just wrapped another filming session at the DOR this weekend with the Director/Producer and crew from DVD of Tiki. Good stuff coming!

Too cool Adrian. :D

T

Awesome dude. Can't wait to see the footage!

A couple of old-timey styled shots courtesy of my buddy Jochen from DVD of Tiki:

T

Awesome, love the latest shots!

F.A.B.!

Looks fantastic!

Love the sepia shots...looks retro.

H

Well, since some of the best are getting well deserved bumps, here's Polynesian Pop's Desert Oasis Room.

One of the all time, top 5 home Tiki bar's ever, period!
Adrian's bar is pure perfection!

All of you folks doing new builds, this is your blueprint
this is how it is done, read the whole thread & learn.

TM

Poly, I am stealing some of your ideas for my own bar, which is currently under construction. Our builder (a relative) is pinoy, like you, and therefore handy with tools and wood..I showed him the pictures from this thread to give him some ideas, since I consider your space one of the top 5 here.

An absolutely amazing tiki bar and an inspiration to all of us! And, an amazing collection of tiki mugs, very impressive. Thank you for giving the rest of us a great example that encourages the rest of us and giving us a height of perfection to strive for! Aloha!

L

I've just started my own build and this beautiful room is such an inspiration , if I can achieve 10% of what you have I'll be overjoyed.
Regards,
Mark.

The last couple sets of pictures really "allow" you to see the DOR. A lot of tiki rooms have a mildy chaotic feel, which is fine and perhaps even desirable. But Polypops work here has a great sense of order, cleanliness, and design, everything is in it's place. Certainly the most organized mug collection I have ever seen.

There does not seem to have been an update in a while...anything going on with the new room? and the new video series never seemed to have materialized, hope that's still on the books.

Great thread, and great place. I used to live in Riverside, wish I had known you then.

Pages: 1 2 3 110 replies