Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Wrecked Wench

Pages: 1 43 replies

This is a chronicle of my home bar, The Wrecked Wench, located in Winnetka, CA
So far, The Wrecked Wench consists of a small inside bar and a larger outside bar on the patio.

The Inside Bar:

The construction of the outside bar:

I decided I wanted to wood burn some pirate ships into the top of the bar.

The finished ships

The bar wouldn't be complete without some awesome masks by Kirby!

I was very excited to add these custom chunk lights from Mandy and Nelsons Tiki Hut!

I am always working on adding more, so there will be more pics to come!
Thanks for checking it out!

A

WOW!! This all looks fantastic. Great work all around.

What a great story telling set of photos...

I love the journey (the process). Nice work.

Q

This is a REALLY nice bar! I mean, THESE are really nice BARS!!!

I especially like the barrel shelf inside and, of course, the Wrecked Wench herself! :)

Thanks for posting. Very well done.

Some lovely personal touches. Very well done! Mahalo for sharing!

Wow! I'm impressed. I like the mix of Pirate/Nautical/Tiki. You really made it work.

QT

Nice work...... the burned ships, free hand or stencil? Nice bar top touch.

Awesome pics BB! What's great about the Wrecked Wench is that every room is themed. Here's a couple more pics from my last visit:

Inside Bar

Pirate themed Bedroom

Haunted Mansion themed Dining Room

And part of the Star Wars Room

Last but not least, a Rumpus Room field trip to the Wrecked Wench! Photo by Tonga Tom.

Unbelievable! I'm blown away. In New England, hanging a metal star on the front of your house is considered creative decorating!

Nice job. Bearded One...

T

I like what you have done. Keep the pictures coming!

Thanks all for the kind words!

And thanks PolyPop for the additional photos!

On 2012-09-13 09:38, qh tiki wrote:
Nice work...... the burned ships, free hand or stencil? Nice bar top touch.

qh tiki, I used carbon paper to transfer my line drawings of the pirate ships to the bar top. It was my first real attempt at wood burning, so I am happy with how they came out.

J

Fantastic !! :) One thing however...

I think it's acceptable creative license to mix Tiki with Nautical and/or Pirate. There is one pop cultural "no no" that I did notice. You have a Stay Puft Marshmallow Man inside the Star Wars room !!

I expect this grave thematic error to be corrected before my upcoming visit.

Mr Stay Puft was Done by Industrial Light and Magic so he's Star Wars friendly + he's a Sailor so he's welcome in other parts of the house. He can stay! :evil:

I look forward to feasting on his delicious insides!

Great build and really nice photos! Thanks for sharing.
:)

WOW...just WOW! So many fun touches that I can't even begin to pick and choose favorites. At the top of the list is the burned pirate ships on the bar top. Great idea and one that deserves to be stolen (I mean, borrowed).

• Dale

Wow...why stop at one room? It's like living in a theme park! Seriously awesome.

K

yarrr! she's a sultry wench and no mistake.

Very cool :D. You mixed all three themes very well. Great job.

Posted: Today; 08:34 am....WHAT!!!

I can't believe you have been keeping this wonderful place all to yourself and friends and are just now posting all that awesomeness!!!

I LOVE IT...and right in time to celebrate "Talk Like A Pirate" day on September 19th. Just full of fun and great blending. Yo ho Yo ho....

Holy Moly!!!!!!!! I don't want to post photos of my meager attempt anymore... : (
This gives me inspiration though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the look of the outside bar - and it seems so spacious too!

Well done you Bastard!

kevin

W

Those bars are amazing, how did you find that stuff?

Whoa!!

On 2012-09-15 13:37, Wayfarer wrote:
Those bars are amazing, how did you find that stuff?

Thanks! Ive just been gathering things here and there for a long time now. I am just happy that it is finally all starting to come together.

I'm especially fond of the sea turtle & the open barrel shelf. Nice going, Bastard!

Me lik-E big time

More than amazing Jake, over and beyond craftsmanship mitered and finished. All of you did a beautiful job. I'm no good with words I'll just rave to you about you in person ok?:)

J

:right: :right: :right:

J

Tiki + Pirate + Star Wars + Haunted Mansion = I don't know what....

But I like it !!!

Forry's AckerMansion might be ancient history but we have the Wrecked Wench to enjoy. :)

Thanks Bearded Bastard !!!

On 2012-09-23 19:09, JOHN-O wrote:
Tiki + Pirate + Star Wars + Haunted Mansion = I don't know what....

But I like it !!!

Forry's AckerMansion might be ancient history but we have the Wrecked Wench to enjoy. :)

Thanks Bearded Bastard !!!

Thanks John-O! I'm glad you could stop by.

A few pics from the last shindig at the Wrecked Wench.

Thanks to Joe Banks for the great photos!

Here's a couple more pics from the "Break In" party:

We had a GREAT time! Thanks for having us over :)

And a few more "3rd party" photos of The Wrecked Wench and associated goings-ons.

kevin

Thanks for the great pics guys!

D
Dagg posted on Fri, Sep 28, 2012 12:07 PM

Awesome space you got there! diggin it :)

Nicely done. Great mix of spaces.

All different themes and genres.

Slick.

TE

Digging all this, way cool place ya got.

Looks like fun fun fun. Great atmosphere for throwing back a drink.

T

That has to be one of the coolest themed homes I've ever seen. I can feel the vibe of that rockin' party right through the computer screen!

That brick wall with the life preserver on it is just begging for one of those fake electric fireplaces with the metal hood; hang a small tiki or mask on the middle of the hood and shine that spotlight on it with a red bulb.

Great gob! I have the Davis redhead painting hanging in my tv room. I like your take on it. Nice to see a local on tikiroom. I'm in reseda and still trying to perfect my jungle cruise backyard. Hahaha. Nice work!

TM

On 2012-11-14 19:21, Thruliquidspace wrote:
still trying to perfect my jungle cruise backyard.

Do you have any pics? Can you start a thread? I am a major Disney FREAK.

Wow, Your outside bar is GORGEOUS!!!! To die for my friend. Can you share the dimensions of your bar with us? WOW!

Pages: 1 43 replies