Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Crawl Pictures Page 8-Oct 11/12/13 Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl (map of tour)

Pages: 1 2 3 132 replies

CAP CITY TIKI CRAWL

October 11/12/13

For those of you who are new to the Sacramento Crawl here is our history and some helpful hints for participating. This will be our 8th year of celebrating Tikiphiles in Sacramento. The majority of our crawls have been organized by Duane (Psycho Tiki D) whose passion for Tiki has driven all of us to be better collectors and open our homes to share with our friends. Over the years we have seen some fabulous collections, experienced great entertainment, listened to awesome bands, and secured event mugs. But more than anything, we have built life-long friendships and learned more about our love of Tiki.

This year we are again having the South of Sacramento (SOS) events on Friday. We have another Friday change so we will go to Minnies earlier for our lunch stop http://minnies.58-s.com/ and adding another home bar stop after that. Saturday, we will meet for brunch at http://www.towercafe.com/ then a visit at http://www.swanbergsformen.com/ and then more homes. On Sunday, more homes and then http://www.mahalotiki.com/ will be hosting a BBQ & Car Show for the last stop on our crawl. Wendy & Dan are providing our fabulous crawl mug. Kudos to all our hosts for this year...we have some new, exciting homes to tour. Please RSVP in this thread if you are attending and I will track the Crawlers here. Wendy is tracking mugs on this page as well.

PM me with your email address if you need the Crawl addresses.

CRAWLERS
Marlene
Wendy & Dan
Matt & Melody
Brenda & Scott
Sandy
Dave & Eva
Steve
Laura
Nelson & Mary
Mr/Mrs Cloudmonkey
minitikimeow + 1
Mike (Tikihula) & Alia
Randy and Milly
Rizzeaux + 1
Monty
Tony (Longboard) & Karen
AnthonyMaye
Darilyn (as possible)
Tabo64 & Wife
J & Miss Monk-ii
Polynesian Paddy & Moai Mike
Joanne and Jama
Mr & Mrs Kalu (Dru and Julie)
Manfred and Annie
MaukaHale (John)
Cole & Jenny Unger
Bali Hai Betty (Zack & Andrea)
TheQuinn (Bill & Tonja)
Cathie Wartelle
Lloyd*AloHHHa & Amber

I know there are more...please post your name as a crawler so I can add to our list. This helps us do the high math calculations related to eatin' & drinkin'.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2013-10-14 19:47 ]

We are blessed to have some new hosts this year and some of our usual favorites. It will be a full weekend of Sacramento Tiki fun!!!

"Oh waiter, another cocktail please!!!"

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2013-04-27 09:21 ]

2013 Sacramento Crawl Mug is based on this tiki from the Coral Reef.

List will be updated here and on page 1 of my "other crafts" page.

1. The Blue Kahuna Gregory - score!
  2. Rugby Matt
  3. Brenda
  4. Scott
  5. Monty
  6. Matt the cat
  7. Eric Jorgensen
  8. ebtiki
  9. dartharnie
  10. Sandy
  11. Marlene - specific number
  12. MikeyTiki
  13. Laura - specific number
  14. Psycho Tiki D
  15. markmywords
  16. Dr. Tiki Mojo
  17. Loki Tiki
  18. Tiki Ano
  19. Atomic Chick
  20. Steve Soto would like to trade for mug number 5.
  21. Mr. Aloha
  22. Mahalo Tiki
  23. Mary Mahalo Tiki
  24. Lloyd*AloHHHa we live in Elk Grove too.
  25. cdtiki Diana and Duane
  26. thequinn
  27. TikiHula
  28. Cathie Wartelle
  29. Debbie Whitaker Moretton
  30. Tiki TNT
  31. mondo-by-the-bay
  32. Available for sale (Joanne will be taking a Black AP)
  33. cloudmonkey
  34. metikiman1705
  35. minitikimeow
  36. minitikimeow
  37. rizzeaux
  38. rizzeaux
  39. AquaticSafarinaut
  40. Andrea - Bali Hai Betty
  41. Longboard
  42. anthonymaye
  43. Kohalacharms
  44. LiddleLola
  45. Miss Monk-ii
  46. Kalu
  47. Choptop
  48. MaukaHale
  49. Moai Mike
  50. Polynesian Paddy

I put the step by steps of making this mug on my other crafts page. I'll have a price after I've actually made one which will be this summer. The list above gives me an idea of how many I need to make. It's OK to drop off if you change your mind.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-08-31 09:11 ]

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-09-03 09:39 ]

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-09-09 22:19 ]

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-09-14 20:01 ]

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-09-14 20:02 ]

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-09-27 10:12 ]

Hah! Finally a way to get that Coral Reef tiki in my house without spending $3100! :)

Really looking forward to this, should be a blast!

-mark

Please ad us to the list.

C

In for # 47!!!

Please put me down for a mug, #5 if possible.
And I will be hosting this year...

Oh, and I'm sure Laura would like a mug too, #13 if possible...

MA

Please put me down for a mug as I am enjoying last year's mug so much!!

Hi Wendy... Put me and mary down for two mugs.

Hi everyone, I am a friend of Matt Hull's & I would like to get a Tiki mug as well, so please add me to that list. Much Mahalo! -Lloyd

C

Diana and I are in for one mug as well.

Thanks,
D

[ Edited by: cdtiki 2013-02-20 11:41 ]

Hey kanes & wahines, do we have our own Sac-Tiki facebook page? (just curious)

Lloyd it is called Sac Ohana on facebook. Who can get him invited to our page? Wendy

Yeah! Someone help a bruddah out! Nevermind... FOUND IT!

[ Edited by: Lloyd*AloHHHa 2013-02-20 22:17 ]

T

Please sign Tonja and I up for one mug. Thank you Wendy and Dan

Bill

We come back from vacation on the 12th, but will join on the 13th. We'd love a mug Wendy! mahalo!

We have a Sacramento Ohana page for general announcements.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/169558449730736/

Should be able to post the crawl schedule soon, just need to confirm a few more items. Thanks to all the new hosts for this year...fun fun fun!!!!

That's terrific Vamp. You are wonderful to take this on. I'm posting step by steps of the crawl mug on my "other crafts" thread for now. Wendy

Thank you Wendy...your "how to" posts accompanied by pictures of Dan (the most interesting man in Sacramento) are a true crowd pleaser!!!

Crawl Schedule posted at the top of page 1.

Mrs Cloudmonkey and I would love to attend the Crawl. Put us down for one mug please.

HI Wendy. Please put the Lovely Miss Milly and I in for a mug to add to the collection. Thanks.

Randy and Milly

Lava Lewies

We plan to have a small vintage car show at our stop on the crawl.

So if you own a vintage car. Bring it!

Our car is a 1996 Camray is that old enough? Wendy

Yes! Put me down for one mug, please! thanks. No make that TWO mugs!!! Definitely TWO!!

[ Edited by: minitikimeow 2013-05-01 13:20 ]

[ Edited by: minitikimeow 2013-05-01 13:28 ]

R

Sign me up for 2 to Crawl and 2 fabulous Mugs! Do you have a price on the mugs yet?

I've put you both on the list for two mugs each. I don't have a price until I have one made. My crawl mugs have run from $50 to $80 each. This is the biggest tiki I've ever made. Here's a peek that hasn't been put on my "other crafts" thread yet. Wendy

where is the LOVE button???

For the Tiki?

The sculpt is NOT finished. I took these photos to check for errors so far and found the nose needed an adjustment. The sculpt has to be mold friendly so it will not match the wooden tiki perfectly but it will be close. Cheers, Wendy

Yep it is BIG!

Also I check here for people signing up for one and then I add the names t the list on page one. Check to make sure I haven't missed you. Thank you , Wendy

Sacramento Crawl mug. This is how it turned out after the marathon day of carving and adjusting. I'm really happy with how I've copied the original. Next up will be the lettering.

Cheers, Wendy

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38423&forum=18&start=3240&3250

More in progress photos for the Crawl mug on my "other crafts" thread. Another step closer. Wendy

Today we will mold the crawl mug. I've posted more photos of the last step and the link above will still take you to that page. Cheers, Wendy

He is certainly a cutie Wendy. This is going to be an awesome mug!!!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=38423&forum=18&start=3255

Thank you Vamp. Where are our group? I miss Tiki Tuesdays at the Mandarin.

Mold #1 for the crawl mug is finished. Photos at this link.

Cheers, Wendy

The mug looks fantastic. I will be attending Friday at a minimum and will confirm on the other days as we get closer to the crawl.

We always look forward to having you join us David. I wasn't able to make all the stops last year, but hope to make them this year. Lot's of new folks hosting for us this year, we are blessed to have so many wonderful Ohana in our part of the world.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38423&forum=18&start=3315&3324

Thanks Abstract tiki, here's the next step.

VampiressRN marvelous job set this up.

Anyone else need a mug? Let me know, Wendy

Wendy, my friend Tony (Longboard) would like a mug also.

Mug is looking great! Please put me down for one Wendy.
I can't host this year due to commitments for the following weekend. I will crawl when I can but will probably have to work. Won't know until much closer to the event.

Darilyn

Gottcha! Wendy

Drying in the shed. They start out at 12.5 inches and 3 3/4 pounds. I'll put a final up when one has dried out completely. You can see how the first 6 are shorter than the latest two because of drying.

I big mug for a big event. Thank you Marlene aka VampiressRN for all the work you have done. Last year could only have been better if you could have been at every stop.

Hugs, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-05-27 08:54 ]

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-05-27 08:54 ]

We continue to work each day and we now have 26 of the drying in the shed. October is coming up fast! Wendy

Nice, Wendy! I really like his cute little bum.

Brenda that would be Dan's and he thanks you.

30 drying in the shed! Half way there.

Wow! :o

The mugs look like the Terracotta Army of Emperor Qin Shi Huang.

[ Edited by: MaukaHale 2013-06-11 21:03 ]

The Blue Kahuna I like that comment.

MaukaHale I actually had been thinking about that and wondered if in a prior life one of us event mug makers was there.

This is fun, thank you, Wendy

Dan...we never knew you had such a cute bum...and soon we will be able to admire it in our own homes!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 132 replies