Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Crawl Pictures Page 8-Oct 11/12/13 Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl (map of tour)

Pages: 1 2 3 132 replies

Not only that Vamp, he said I could include a card that allows each purchaser to give him a verification squeeze!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=38423&forum=18&start=3435

The first bisque fired load is out of the kiln. None cracked so on with the show! Wendy

#39 and #40 are now drying in the shed.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-06-16 15:19 ]

T6

My wife and I First time crawler

Welcome Tabo 64. Did you draw that tiki and car? That's good art. Wendy

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=38423&forum=18&start=3450

More steps of the production of the crawl mug posted on my thread. One mug at a time. Cheers, Wendy

2010, 2011, 2012 and the clay sculpt of 2013 which cast will be a bit smaller. Even still it is twice the size of last years mug and four times as heavy. Start lifting weights now so you can carry it on the crawl to drink from! Cheers, Wendy

T

Oh My. That's HUGE!

Enormous greatness!

Huge and heavy. I'll have to weigh one when it is full of drink. I hope it will last in collections forever. I'm done pouring and now I'm sanding and bisque firing. When that's all done the glazing tests will begin. That will be fun.

Cheers, Wendy

Yesterday before the heat spiked.

Dan dusts.

Load number 2 fired last night. One more to go for bisque firing. It will take more than 3 when I glaze them. They can't touch or lie on their sides.

The molds are put away. Step one of pouring is finished.

2nd to last batch out of the kiln

washed and

ready to go into the house for glazing.

Sanding the last bunch.

Only three left to sand tomorrow and then the last batch will bisque fire.

I am so happy to be this far along. These are so big and heavy that it takes a lot more to do them.
We are looking forward to the crawl. VampiressRN-Marlene you have made up a terrific schedule like last year. I sure hope you can make it to all the stops. We want to keep hugging you and saying thank you for taking this on.

Cheers, Wendy

Then entire run of 50 plus the extras for glaze tests have been bisque fired.
I didn't have any problems with any of these huge and heavy mugs. Now if glazing
will go so well we'll be really happy.

Cheers to VampiressRN for the work of running the crawl first thought up by Psycho Tiki D.
We have great leaders in Sacramento! Wendy

Very festive table cloth! The mugs look fabulous. You are doing great! Mahalo for all your long hours toiling away so we can sip in style.

Yes indeed...kudos to both of you for another wonderful Sac Crawl mug to adorn our collections. These just get better and better every year.

Moai Mike I added you to the list. Thank you.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=38423&forum=18&start=3705

I put some AP/Glaze test step by steps on my thread above with more detail. I did five with different numbers of layers. It's getting closer. Wendy

I love that plate you have in the kiln too!!!

Thank you Vamp, it came out just right this time.

Opening the kiln after firing.

Close-up of the mugs in the kiln.

Just for you Vamp, the bowl.

The front.

The back.

This is going to be an awesome crawl, thank you VampiressRN aka Marlene.

Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-08-04 10:27 ]

Those look awesome Wendy. I kinda like the dark one and then I don't think it needs to have any color on the writing...but JMHO...I am happy with whatever you do.

Thank you Marlene, I think we will go with your suggestion of the dark brown. The price is $70 each for the run of 50. Shipping will be added for those not attending the crawl.

They will be all Espresso brown, big and heavy.

Here's one with the peanut mug to show size. The mug weighs almost 4 pounds.

Cheers, Wendy

A few more attempts to get a good photo of the mug. Cheers, Wendy

With flash.

Without flash.

With Flash.

Without Flash.

Joanne and Jama are crawling.

T

Wow - excellent job on the mug Wendy and Dan! Thanks so much for making these great mugs every year!

MM

Polynesian Paddy and I are hoping to attend the crawl this year. I am going only so Wendy doesn't have ship my mug to me (-:}. Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent hotel or motel in the area? Maybe something close the last stop of each days tour? We are really looking forward to it. If we make it it will be the fourth tiki event this summer we have attended; Hukilau in June, Tiki Kon in July, Tiki Oasis in August and the Sacamento Crawl in October! This is the year of the tiki!

Moai Mike

Polynesian Paddy and I have just booked our airfare and are looking for hotel rooms if anyone has any suggestions!

Holiday Inn Express on Laguna Blvd, Elk Grove. In case there are two this is the one next to highway 99. We are around 6 miles from there. We are so glad you are coming to this wonderful event. Cheers, Wendy

We have had some changes to the crawl so they are in the original post on page 1. Hope you can make it to Sacramento for our crawl...we are looking forward to hosting our fellow Tikiphiles. Keep an eye on that post for updates.

"Oh waiter, another cocktail please!!!"

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2013-08-26 20:08 ]

K
Kalu posted on Tue, Aug 27, 2013 9:33 PM

I hope it's not too late, but Kalu and Mrs Kalu (aka Dru and Julie) are hoping to attend the tiki crawl in some capacity. It will be our first crawl, so we'd welcome any guidelines on etiquette, suggestions, etc.

Btw, if there are any extra tiki mugs for this crawl, I'd like to buy one.

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: Kalu 2013-08-27 21:34 ]

Dru & Julie....send me a private message with your email and I will send you some information on our crawl. Glad to have you join us.

Hi Kalu, I've put you on the list for a crawl mug. Now I have just one left. Thank you, Wendy

The last mug has sold to Polynesian Paddy.
Thank you all, Wendy

The work continues....

Washed all the bisque again and set them upside down.

Next I spent two days glazing the bottoms.

Dan & Wendy those mugs look so freakin' cool! Thank you for hookin' your ohana with them! \m/ Oh yeah, my wife Amber and I will be doing our first Sac-Ohana crawl with you all this year too! Lookin' forward to this!!! :D

Please add 2 for Manfred and Annie. Can't wait to begin a new tradition. YA!!

Two more crawlers here; Manfred and Annie. It's our first!

Welcome you are about to have a very wonderful three days. VampiressRN has done an excellent job of organizing this tiki weekend.

All the insides of the mugs are glazed. I post more step by steps on my "other crafts" thread.

See you all next month, Wendy

If yu haven't done so, please pm me your email so I can add you to the list, I will start sending out updates by next weekend and want to be sure I have everyone covered. :tiki:

The work continues...

WOW...what a team...we love the Dan & Wendy Show!!!!

If you haven't listed yourself as a crawler, now is the time to do so and please be sure I have your email. I will be sending out crawl addresses in an email next weekend.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2013-09-02 22:16 ]

T

TikiTnT (Tom & Terri) are coming to the Sac Crawl and would love one of Wendy's mugs too if it's not too late! Thanks and can't wait to see everyone next month.

Gotcha TikiTNT you filled my spot which was #30.

This sells out the Sacramento Crawl mug run of 50.

If anyone on the list wants to cancel all or part of their order please send me a PM so I can open the spot for other late requests.

Thank you, Wendy

Photos of the first load in the kiln and showing all the rest have been sprayed.

If any of you are going to be at the Don the Beachcomber's sale this Saturday, Sept. 7th. I can sell you your mug ($70) so you'll avoid shipping or carrying it on an airplane. However you have to promise not to use or display it until the Crawl weekend in October. I will need to know by 9 PM tonight to get it packed. PM me or post a message here. Thank you, Wendy

M

They're looking good. Which one is mine?

I'll have to check, right now we are in Long Beach, tomorrow is the Don the Beachcomber's sale and we couldn't miss it! Wendy

T

So cool - look at the size of those things....size does matter ya know...

The Tiki Gods have instructed us to serve desserts at the Keno Kai's stop on the crawl. We can't anger the Gods you know.

TikiHula

So cool - look at the size of those things....size does matter ya know... Almost 12 inches...

TikiMookie the best part of any meal!

More photos tomorrow. Wendy

W

Wow, looking great Wendy and Dan! Unfortunately I think I have to cancel on the crawl and mug :( Things are really busy for me right now, buying a place in Oakland and several art shows in the next few weeks. Just don't think I will make it out. So if someone else is on the waitlist for a mug, go ahead and open my spot up. I'd love for someone who will make the crawl to have it! And I'll have to figure another way to get a Wendy mug someday :)

L

Wow, great mugs!

Really looking forward to the crawl.

-Longboard

Hi Woodtiki, no problem at all. I'll take your name off the list. Hey Ohana take a look at his post on the events page.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=46093&forum=17&2

Thank you longboard. Are you a different person from Tiki Longboard who I met this weekend at Marketplace?

Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-09-09 22:19 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 132 replies