Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Vic's timeline

Pages: 1 7 replies

Has anyone ever tried putting together a timeline of the Trader Vic's locations showing when each location opened and closed? Doing some mug archaeology, it seems like it might be helpful.

I think with the aid of The Book of Tiki and both editions of Tiki Road Trip and the numerous threads about Vic's on TC, a time line could be laid out. Might help folks nail down an age for some items in their collections. Critiki is a good source as well.

[ Edited by: uncle trav 2013-11-05 12:02 ]

Don't forget to look on Critiki.

http://critiki.com/search/?terms=trader+vic%27s

S
Swanky posted on Wed, Nov 6, 2013 7:24 AM

I have wanted to see Ooga-Mooga expanded to include menus and other items and be able to add any dates on them. I have many menus, etc. in my collection with a date on them in pencil when the person was there. And of course, post cards can have a date stamp and if we all added our stuff, we could get an idea of dates that way.

L

That is exactly where Humu was going with the revised version of OM. Its deployment just got sidetracked with her new family. I'm sure she'll pick it up when she can.

K

On 2013-11-05 14:08, tikilongbeach wrote:
Don't forget to look on Critiki.

http://critiki.com/search/?terms=trader+vic%27s

I really wish their registration page was fixed, because every time I get code on the page/an error.

T

Critiki has been broken for a while now. I sent an email months ago, but nothing was ever done. The place is somewhat of a ghost ship, sadly. :(

T

On 2013-11-06 07:24, Swanky wrote:
I have wanted to see Ooga-Mooga expanded to include menus and other items and be able to add any dates on them. I have many menus, etc. in my collection with a date on them in pencil when the person was there. And of course, post cards can have a date stamp and if we all added our stuff, we could get an idea of dates that way.

I know, this is a great idea, Swanky. I realize that Humu has a child now and is a bit preoccupied, but her apparent complete exit from the scene makes me wonder if it isn't time for someone else to take up the mantle, either with a handover of the OM reins or with a new site altogether. I appreciate all the work she's done and I don't begrudge her a bit for moving on to more important things, but it seems a shame to leave these websites hanging and, in the case of Critiki, breaking with no sign that it will ever be repaired and usable again.

Pages: 1 7 replies