Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

MOJAVE OASIS IV April 11.12.13.2014 Tickets on Sale Now!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 148 replies

Please join us for our 4th Mojave Oasis event, April 11, 12,13 2014 !!!!

You can start ordering tickets for Mojave Oasis! Friday 6pm will be when I open up for sale the trailers on site. If you are interested in a trailer, send me an email on Friday 6pm. First come, first get! Email me if you have any Questions.
[email protected]

This year's poster by Dirk Yates!

Mojave Oasis is always a great & relaxing time to hang out with wonderful people in a beautiful environment.

RD

Just signed up for a "Warrior on the Grass" campsite.

Here is the link for Mojave Oasis IV: http://mojaveoasis.com/mojaveoasis4.html

Amy, I'll take my usual campsite #1

RD

TT

On 2014-01-17 10:30, Rum Dog wrote:
Just signed up for a "Warrior on the Grass" campsite.

Can't wait to see what your site will look like this year!

RD

Thanks Tom.

Kapu will be my most elaborate campsite yet. There will be many great photo opportunities. I will be bringing several items from my backyard as well as some special items I have made over the last year. It looks like I will have to rent a truck again to haul it all out there and back. The old SUV is just too small.

Kapu Village will be very memorable and something to see in person to appreciate its full scale.

There will be more smoke and fire than ever before.

The Newberry Springs volunteer fire department has been given notice and will be on full alert.

Ahhh, Mojave Oasis. I can't wait to be there, in tiki paradise.

M

We are looking forward to the event! It'll be our first time. My folks are coming too, so we are looking forward to showing them how great the tiki community is. Dad and I are already planning our sites theme/decorations. Can't wait to relax and meet lots of great people.

H

So excited for this event to get here!...and hopefully warmer weather! Dibroc (John) and I are cooking again and are almost done finalizing what vittles we will be serving. Friday and Sunday breakfasts will be continental, with a full breakfast on Saturday. Dinners are planned for Friday and Saturday, and if you are vegetarian or pescatarian, etc., I'd really appreciate a PM so we will prepare enough for the non-meat eaters.
~Julie

M

My dad(Tim Reagan) and I are interested in hosting a tent crawl. Will there be more information about that soon or who do we contact about it?

Thanks
Reagan

RD

Good for MaiTaiMe. Looking forward to your campsite and your hosting a leg of the tent and trailer crawl.

Here is some info that will hopefully help. Last year this thread was kind of on the dead side except for my usual hype for my campsite & cocktail prior to the event. As you can see from the lack of response so far to your question this may be the case again. You should find the actual event very laid back and very enjoyable. It is the event that I find the easiest to meet and get acquainted with the Tiki Ohana.

At Mojave Oasis 2013 Marie from Tonga Hut came around seeing who was interested in hosting and she then organized the schedule. I don't know if things will be much different this year or what individual will be in charge. There was no thread on TC for the schedule or the number of people interested to crawl. I think I made about 35-45 cocktails last year. Hopefully that will give you a number to work with do determine how much booze to buy.

It is best to have your cocktail ready to go at the beginning of your time slot so all you have to do is pour and enjoy the company of others. Trying to make the cocktails one at at time is too hectic and time consuming.

I imagine your drink will be a tasty Mai Tai. Can't wait.

RD

. .

Hey bud, let's party.

M

Thanks for the info Rum Dog. From talking to people who've gone in the past I've heard that its really mellow...guess I'm just so excited to go that I don't wanna miss out on getting involved! And I really appreciate the info on how much cocktail to make...not quite sure what ours will be yet, that's my husband's job. Until April! Mahalo!

We will set the crawls about a month out, right now we are I trailer onsite left, and the trailer area is filling up fast. Hope to see you all there this year!

Amy

T

Gettin' psyched for The Oasis! Especially now that it's pouring down rain in the Bay Area! Count us in for a crawl stop ! The most funnest time ever!

I'm looking forward to this weekend more n more each year.

Jeff btd

G
GROG posted on Sun, Feb 9, 2014 11:30 PM

It's not THIS weekend. It's in April, so you better check your calendar date or you are going to be there WAYYYYYYYYYYY early.

Silly Groggy,
This was referring to the topic of the thread,
Not this upcoming weekend.

Jeff btd

G
GROG posted on Mon, Feb 10, 2014 11:26 AM

Oh, you meant THAT weekend, not THIS weekend. To quote the great Daffy Duck: "pronoun trouble."

RD

Looking forward to hearing the great tunes you will be spinning Jeff.

Grog, it would be great if you can make it out to Mojave this year. Hopefully you can come for a day or more.

RD

On 2014-02-05 21:05, Trailerpark Tiki wrote:
Hey bud, let's party.

Sounds like the plan Spicoli.

I am just ALL types of PUNCHY
thinking about Mojave Oasis this April!

It's the Funnest Event on Earth!
and the most Chill...
looking forward to enjoying some relaxing moments
hanging with some good folks
and enjoying the magic that is Mojave Oasis!

On 2014-02-10 11:26, GROG wrote:
Oh, you meant THAT weekend, not THIS weekend. To quote the great Daffy Duck: "pronoun trouble."

I thought you were the spelling police,
Not the grammar police?

Jeff btd

D

Any word on the entertainment for the week end? I do hope once again Jeff BTD will be DJing. Hey Jeff just a hint I cook a little better with a little Dick Dale in the air. hey I need all the help I can get.

No Prob. John, can do.

Jeff(btd)

RD

RD

All, Jeff big Tiki Dude will be DJing, and I am working on the rest of the entertainment now. I'll post when finalized
Amy

Ps- no event mug this year.

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2014-02-27 08:27 ]

DZ

Just in case there was any doubt: for the FIFTH time, The Good Doctor will be IN! (Campsite #4, as usual...)

Stroh 80, anyone?

I'll dare another shot of that!
So happy you'll be joining us Z!

B
Babalu posted on Sun, Mar 2, 2014 7:02 PM

Ohhh, this is going to be fun! Amy and I are sooo there this year! (email sent Queen K)

And we're now officially booked and looking forward to a couple days of relaxing with everyone in the desert.

Oh and please put me down for hosting on the tent crawl as well once that list is officially started.

kevin

The Trailerpark Tiki clan are looking forward to another relaxing weekend in paradise. You just can't beat a trailer crawl!

T

This just in.

Tikiyaki 5-0 will be headlining Saturday Night at Mojave Oasis. Gonna be a blast !

Debut performance saturday april 12th at MOJAVE OASIS!

TM

great name!

This is getting better n better!
Can't wait.

Jeff btd

And Jeff big tiki dude is our DJ !!!

Hope to see you there trailer spots sre selling well and still have tents spots available.

Amy

Woohoo! Love me some Tikiyaki. I can't wait.

it's Gonna Be MAGIC!

:)

RD

The entertainment lineup is looking mighty fine.

RD

T

Who's counting? :P

Elena and I will be there! We wouldn't miss it. This is the best tranquil Tiki escape weekend with lots of Ohana. We have the vintage trailer packed and ready to go. We will also be hosting a crawl this year too. Can't wait to see ya'll back at the clamshell bar.

Aloha!

RD

What a great lineup with Tikiyaki, Tony Marsico's new group The Cocksmen debut performance, and Big Tiki Dude spinning tunes all day. This along with a tent and trailer crawl and much more.

Don't miss out on Mojave Oasis IV.

Here is the link to get signed up: http://mojaveoasis.com/mojaveoasis4.html

RD

On 2014-03-14 08:14, Tiki-ESP wrote:
Who's counting? :P

Andrew, we are all "counting" on you to get you and your big head out there this year.:P Hope to see you.

On 2014-03-14 12:40, John Slinger wrote:

John, that outdoor living room arrangement looks mighty comfortable.

Saturday night at Mojave Oasis catch the debut performance of THE COCKSMEN.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 148 replies