Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

MOJAVE OASIS IV April 11.12.13.2014 Tickets on Sale Now!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 148 replies

Coming saturday night to mojave oasis!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSXMaFSjIlM

On 2014-03-16 08:55, martini kings wrote:
Coming saturday night to mojave oasis!

Love me some Martini Kings!

On 2014-03-02 19:02, Babalu wrote:
Ohhh, this is going to be fun! Amy and I are sooo there this year! (email sent Queen K)

Great news Babalu! We missed you last year, but still had a salute. Looking forward to keeping alive the tradition you started.

We also had an impromptu salute at Bongofury's for his 60th (Using Stroh 60 of course) ... thanks to Dr. Z.

[ Edited by: Tonga Tom 2014-03-18 12:58 ]

Less than a month? Time to finalize a cocktail then, I say.

Glad to see Tikiyaki 5-0 will be playing from Mojave Oasis's stellar stage.

See you in the desert!

Kevin

RD

RD

RD

On 2014-03-16 18:10, heylownine wrote:

Time to finalize a cocktail.

Kevin

Looking forward to your expert mixology skills.

Just a few more weeks! We've been working on our setup for the crawl…and this weekend we'll be working out the cocktail. Rum tasting all weekend, what a rough life! We're really looking forward to it.

19 MORE DAZE!!!!! Our cocktails are all set, starting packing things into the motorhome. This is my favorite event of the year. I never want to leave when it's over. Can't wait to see everyone and start evening out my farmers tan!

Ok if you are interested in hosting a crawl Friday or Saturday or you don't care which night, let's me know by sending me a msg.. Thanks!!!

Just a few weeks away, sign up now.

RD

The Cannibal Cocktail has been officially entered.

I sent Amy a PM to claim a spot on Saturday around dusk. I am not sure what the exact time frame for the slots will be.

I figure I can torch up the campsite and still be able to see what I am doing.

RD

RD

lISTEN to the Cocksmen's debut single "Gilligans Island"

Be sure to catch their debut performance Saturday night at MOJAVE OASIS!

At the Happiest Place on Earth. Mojave Oasis!

RD

10 more days??? Yeehaw!!!

9 more days !!!!

RD

Time for everyone to learn the dance steps to the Jungle Jive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkkbx2fRDQ0

RD

Amy, Please bring some copies of the new Tiki Magazine for some of us Mojave peeps to get our hands on.

Thanks

D
dibroc posted on Wed, Apr 2, 2014 7:49 AM

The Mohave cooks have been busy getting everything ready. Here is the menu for the week end. All meals with exception of the BBQ lunches are included in your camping package price. Come hungry.

DAY TIME MENU

Thursday TBD Early Bird Dinner
TBD I am sure Amy will plan something great.

Friday 7:00 AM Continental Breakfast
Assorted coffee cakes, bread items, fruit, OJ, & coffee

Friday 12 Noon BBQ lunch
Hamburgers/hot dogs, chips and macaroni salad

Friday 6:30 PM Dinner
Spaghetti w/ meat sauce, green beans, garlic bread & salad

Friday TBD Dessert
Cake

Saturday 7:30 AM Hot Breakfast
Pancakes, sausage, fruit, coffee, and juice

Saturday 12 Noon BBQ lunch
Hamburgers/hot dogs, chips and pasta salad

Saturday 6:30 PM Dinner
Enchiladas, mixed veggies, chips & salsa, and salad

Saturday After band? Dessert
Cake

Sunday 7:00 AM Continental Breakfast
Assorted coffee cakes and breads, fruit, OJ, & coffee

NOTES:
ALL MEANS WILL HAVE A 'MEATLESS' OPTION
ALL MEALS WILL INCLUDE A FRUIT PUNCH DRINK AND APPROPRIATE CONDIMENTS

[ Edited by: dibroc 2014-04-02 07:56 ]

DZ

Let's see:

Sleeping bag? Check.

Pillow? Check.

Bottle of Stroh 80? Check.

Spare bottle of Stroh 80? Check.

Hangover meds? Check.

Yep, I'm ready to go!

Ha!!!

Definitely the hangover Meds, Z!

Those have saved my head soooo many Mojave mornings!

looking forward to some well-deserved relaxation
and laughter with the Ohana
at this magical Mojave Oasis!
:)

RD

I'll see everyone there. Heads up. I'll be bringing some hungry friends.

RD

That's a pretty good Kapu Village you have there Haunted Howlie :)

[ Edited by: Rum Dog 2014-04-05 20:51 ]

"Brake 3"

kevin

RD

Give a shout out here if you are going to be crawling this year. Some of us will be going on a booze and supply run this week and would like to have an idea on how much we need to purchase.

If you are hosting give a shout out along with the name of your cocktail.

HOSTS

Rum Dog: The Kapu Cannibal Cocktail
Heylownine: Brake 3
MaiTaiMe: The Head Shrinker Bar's The Kupa Kai
Trailerpark Tiki: TLC - Trailerpark "Lab" Concoction (TBA)
Babalu: Down the Rabbit Hole
Tikirose: Off the Deep End & Ink Spots

CRAWLERS

Rum Dog & Vanilla Bean
Heylownine (Kevin & Val)
Tiki-ESP: +1
MaiTaiMe: +3
Trailerpark Tiki: +2
Little Lost Tiki: +1
Babalu & Amy
Tikirose +4

[ Edited by: Rum Dog 2014-04-06 19:11 ]

[ Edited by: Rum Dog 2014-04-07 14:10 ]

T

+1

M

Hosting: Head Shrinkers Bar, a place where witch doctors, shamans and wizards can have a lively spirit.
Name of drink to be determined...we have a drink but are still tossing names around.
Plus we will have a keg of Craft Brewing Company beer on tap.

Crawling: 4

Me +2=3 crawling.

I am conjuring up a cocktail today. I will be 'down in the lab'. So, count me 'in' to host.

-Wade (tpt)

[ Edited by: Trailerpark Tiki 2014-04-05 11:44 ]

RD

put kinny plus one
on dem crawl lists pleez!
Less than a WEEK!
WHAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

RD

Keep the tent & trailer crawl updates coming.

B

On 2014-04-02 12:53, Doctor Z wrote:
Let's see:

Bottle of Stroh 80? Check.

Spare bottle of Stroh 80? Check.

Oh Jeez...this is going to be one for the record books...

Amy and I are ready too :)

Of Course, we will also be hosting a crawl....

"DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE"

T

Burk/Montero combo trailer stop, with a Kraken theme. We will have two cocktails, Off The Deep End and Ink Spots. There will be five of us crawling.

RD

THE STORY OF KAPU

PART 1: THE DISCOVERY OF KAPU IN PAPA NEW GUINEA

For centuries the village of Kapu in Papa New Guinea was secluded and isolated from the outside world. It was not until 1887 (two years after the British annexed the southern coastal area of the island) that this tribal group was first encountered by Westerners.

Conrad Livingstone, the grandson of the famous African explorer David Livingstone, followed his grandfather’s legacy by attempting to carve out a name for himself by exploring this newly annexed territory under the British Crown. He sent back via a messenger to London some of his preliminary journal entries about his findings. He wrote about a beautiful rain forest jungle that was inhabited by exotic and primitive peoples. His journal entries also mentioned a tribal celebratory feast that was in the making that would also include a special alcoholic libation. Conrad was honored that he was invited to partake in the feast and festivities.

Unfortunately Conrad Livingstone was never heard from again. It was not until over 30 years later that German mapmaker Hermann Detzer (who was on the run from Teddy Roosevelt during W.W. I) discovered a camera that was left behind by Livingstone and his men. Some of the pictures ended up in a book that Detzner later published.

Conrad Livingstone with the children of Kapu village.

Kapu Village (1887)

Kapu War Canoe

Kapu Warriors circa 1887

This photo was last picture taken in the camera that was discovered by Detzner.

It looks like the Kapu cannibals feasted well.

Coming soon: Part 2

[ Edited by: Rum Dog 2014-04-07 14:08 ]

RD

RD

Time to get off the fence about going. Amy will be closing out tickets sales in a day or so to finalize food purchases.

The weather looks perfect and it looks like there will be several different great cocktails to enjoy along with some fine entertainment.

M

The Kupa Kai

The Head Shrinkers bar would like to introduce the Kupa Kai's delightful concoction that will put your head into a trance.

RD

THE STORY OF KAPU

PART 2: KAPU IS ALIVE AND WELL

Most people associate cannibalism, head-hunting, and witch-doctors with strange faraway lands and with primitive peoples and cultures. Most assume that these practices have ceased to exist for at least a century as the world has progressed into essentially a modern global society. But British journalist and self-appointed adventurer Piers Gibbon showed in not one but two PBS and National Geographic Channel documentary series (The Witch Doctor Will See You Now & Dining with Cannibals) that these practices are indeed alive and thriving in the world today.

Piers Gibbons (He is the one on the left)

In his documentaries, Piers looks at mankind’s ultimate taboos: cannibalism and tabooistic witch-doctorism. He trekked into the rain forest of southern Papua New Guinea to find tribe members of the Kapu tribe who have eaten human flesh and to witness their ritual techniques. Piers and his crew did have difficulty leaving Papa New Guinea as their passports were lost, stolen, or misplaced during their time with the cannibals.

Here is Piers interviewed by the hard-hitting Stephen Colbert about the documentary on ‘The Colbert Report’: http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/o6su04/piers-gibbon

Jay Leno reported on how Piers had a problem with the Kapu head-hunters and their ritualistic practice of shrinking heads. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CLSUEP0u0c

Coming Soon: Part 3

RD

THE STORY OF KAPU

PART 3: CANNIBALISM IN THE UNITED STATES

The United States tries to profess a squeaky clean image of itself as the most self-righteous of all nations. Every elementary school history classroom across the country affirms this and skirts and dances around any event that might cast this nation into a negative light. Certainly this country cannot be associated with anything that can be considered taboo. Yet, the United States has an affiliation with what is considered the most heinous taboo activities associated with mankind: Cannibalism. Even fourth Grade history books give mention the tragic Donner party and its ill-fated journey across the Sierra Nevada’s. Those who have visited Colorado have heard of the legend and lore of Alfred Packer.

These events are dismissed by historians as anomalies and as a happen of circumstance for the necessity of survival. They state that these events were the direct result of harsh winters and that these eaters of human flesh were not so much cannibals as they were survivalists. But these historians and experts are wrong. These two examples are the mere tip of a hideous and shameful Cannibal iceberg that the United States government has actively concealed from public disclosure. In 2011 Dennis McLelland’s book “Liver-Eating-Johnson – The Truth Finally Revealed” was published exposing the man made famous by Robert Redford in the 1972 movie not as a historic handsome mountain man but rather as a sociopath on par to Dahmer.

Journalists and reporters over the last few years are beginning to expose the country's strong connection to cannibalistic tendencies in recent times and that the U.S. Government has actively been trying to cover up this fact for years.

Coming Soon: Part 4 - Mojave' Dirty Little Secret

RD

An now a short commercial break from our sponsor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5YNlCxo43E

Now back to the regularly scheduled programming.

RD

THE STORY OF KAPU

PART 4: MOJAVE'S DIRTY LITTLE SECRET

What most don’t realize is that these groups associated with cannibalistic cultures outside the United States have begun to take a strong foothold here in this country. The U.S. government has actually gone to great lengths to hide and conceal this embarrassing fact.

Shortly before his death in 2013 Huell Howser was about to blow wide open the presence of cannibals in California. On an unaired episode of California’s Gold Howser stumbled upon the existence of cannibalistic and ritualistic tribes living and thriving in the Mojave Desert. Upon breaking the story Howser was heard to say “My Gosh! This is amazing! Will you look at that?”

Howser found out that these tribal peoples consisting of witch doctors, cannibals, & headhunters have actually been in the area for decades and originally found refuge in the Joshua Tree area of Mojave and have been spreading out and assimilating into the local communities ever since.

People living in the high desert confirmed their existence and have learned to cope with their presence. It appears that the ostrich and buffalo farms were the first casualties of the arrival of the cannibals as they were easy prey. Patrons of the Bagdad Café in Newberry Springs have long cursed the cannibals since both ostrich and buffalo burgers have been removed from the menu.

Howser was surprised that he never knew of these tribal peoples that were living in his beloved adopted state. The local residents informed him that it was well known in the region years and stories popped up in the local newspapers from time to time but that the people didn't make a big deal out of it. He planned to investigate this situation in depth but unfortunately his untimely death prevented this from materializing.

Coming Soon: PART 5 The Mojave Oasis Connection

RD

PART 5: The Mojave Oasis Connection

Looking at some old photos from Mojave Oasis I was shocked to discover that these cannibals, witch doctors, and headhunters have already infiltrated the beloved tiki campgrounds.

Amy Boylan, owner of the property, was unavailable for comment. It is rumored that she actively solicits and encourages their presence. She was once overheard saying “Who am I to discriminate? Their money is just as good as anyone else’s and these cannibals sure do like to suck up the Primo Beer at the Clam Bar after a good long day of head hunting”.

But how did they get here in the first place?

Coming Soon: Part 6 - Unsolved Mysteries

2 DAYS!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 148 replies