Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Der Wienerschnitzel uses Tiki to advertise Chili Fries·

Pages: 1 9 replies

That made me smile.

T

WOW! That's cool!

And the tikis actually look like tikis, not clowny Party City monstrosities! The background designs are great too... the whole think has a mid-century cartoon vibe!

I don't get the connection between chili cheese fries and anything from the South Pacific, though... throwing some pineapple in the mix would tiki it up!

In any event, great to see tiki used to reach the masses in a way that's not awful!

What, in God's Universe has anything there have to do with anything remotely connected to anything, even imaginary, with TIKI other than the music style and the imagry? Huh ? Huh? You got some 'splainin' to do Lucy!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Feb 26, 2014 5:41 PM

It was made by Renegade Studios. They are great at the 50's style cartoon animation. The cartoon style that influenced SHAG and Derek Yaniger's art.

It looks like part of a SpongeBob SquarePants episode.

Tiki - no Tiki - whatever. But pastrami on fries sound AWESOME :lol:

Every time I see that commercial, I want a Deluxe Dog!!!

Q

Wow!

Amazingly weird and disturbingly awesome... I like it!

All they need to do now is change out the hot dog to roasted pork with pineapple salsa, etc.

Cheers and aloha,

Q

Most of us get our tiki where we can get it-or build it! Went down to to my local Der W today and I was not expecting much. Got a chili dog and saw a poster for the fries that had a decent “tiki” background. That was it.
The young lady behind the counter did not know of the tiki promotion-had no idea what a tiki was/is
Cheers

Pages: 1 9 replies