Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Wannahockaloogie Lounge formally Jungle Cruise yard....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 182 replies

PP

On 2014-06-05 17:29, littlegiles wrote:
Things are really shaping up? When do your stocks of candy in barrels come in? Just teasing. :wink:

What are the plans for the doors? I know at one point that was a topic for discussion. Notice that you have your poor tiki tied to the post. Have you considered setting him down in the ground so he doesn't but up against the roof? Just a thought.

Keep up the great work and keep us posted. We are nosey. :)

• Dale

Hahahaha Dale : )
yea the wagon train got'd stuck in da pass, and winter set in, so no dry goods for another month! Pa and Mr. Ingle are coming to town to get some licorice whips, rock candy and twine!

Yea Im still working on the door, gonna have to repaint it since I assumed it was primed for paint, may paint it orange with a Tapa design. Ive got a load of bamboo going up soon, as well as the 8 foot tall tiki will be set in concrete after I stain him, plus he weighs like 250 pounds!!!!
thanks again
paul

WOOHOO! Rock Candy rocks...haha. :wink:

Love the idea of the tapa door. 250? That's a heavy tiki.

Have fun with the bamboo.

• Dale
PP

well, since Im taking flak for my non-tropical, non-tiki dry goods western store lol, Ive sat down and started sketching what Im gonna do to it to make it more "Tiki"
so I spent a few hours working in the Jungle cruise garage............
heres the progress today

PP

staged a few things before it got too hot in the British African outpost Jungle Cruise.......

BREATH-TAKING!!!!

Loving the yard Paul!

thanks guys! finally closed out my storage space, so Ive got to get the rest of the crates into the backyard, but I don't wanna do too much since soon I have a guy coming to dig up the yard and put in a sprinkler system, so I can finally have grass!! and found another project, a fiberglass canoe which I want to make into an outrigger canoe seat/ice chest!!! so many projects! Skull fountain, palapa over the cement slap, a water feature, finish the tiki building so it doesn't look like an old west outpost, and the façade over the back part of the home to look like the Jingle Cruise entry/dock building! God, having a huge back yard and great plans is never enough, now to figure out how to pay for all this!!

in my travels today, came across this guy!!!!!!!! so excited to find this big guy, and he's sturdy too, cant wait to clear a space for em!!!

E

Love the atmosphere Paul!

PP

Thanks so much!! they had a neat Chinese Gong too, prob should have picked it up too!!!

" since Im taking flak for my non-tropical, non-tiki dry goods western store" WTF?

I love your place, in fact one of my favorites on this site.

-Longboard

[ Edited by: Longboard 2015-02-13 15:54 ]

PP

On 2015-02-13 15:53, Longboard wrote:
" since Im taking flak for my non-tropical, non-tiki dry goods western store" WTF?

I love your place, in fact one of my favorites on this site.

-Longboard

[ Edited by: Longboard 2015-02-13 15:54 ]

Thanks Longboard!!! you are one of my favorite people on here!!! The GF told me I cant get this, now Ive gotta find a way to sneak it in!! lol

This is the first time I've seen this and WOW! Amazing work! I'm loving the general Adventureland/Jungle Cruise theme!

furiously scribbles down ideas

On 2015-02-14 08:27, EnchantedTikiGoth wrote:
This is the first time I've seen this and WOW! Amazing work! I'm loving the general Adventureland/Jungle Cruise theme!

furiously scribbles down ideas

thanks so so much!! yea its come along way, we've been in the house for 11 months now, hasnt gotten as far as I would like, but is getting there! damn A.D.D. keeps me from focusing on one area, lol. now the living room and dinning room have been taken over by tiki, as well as projects out side in the side yard too. of course, with a new house come new bills, but its nice not having the black cloud floating over us anymore; no more HOAs and the thought police like at my old place...this easter will be our 1 year anniversary being here, hope to have some new pix this week end to share, thanks to all who have commented gives me inspiration to do more :)

paul

had a chance to clean up the garage a little, of course its still a garage, has a ton of stuff since my GF and i moved in and closed out both of our storage units, so Ive gotta make due with non period boxes and such, so Ivwe just found a way to camouflage the packing boxes and such by using spray paint and netting and some old OD green tarps.....

used a Halloween skeleton and tore up some old khaki uniforms i had and presto...

had a chance to move two of my barrels into the garage to help designate the jungle cruise area from the garage part.

my first attempt to make a paper mache' rhino, thought by adding the fez to the horn was in keeping with the lost safari part of the jungle cruise....

what of the items I used to help build a barrier was the GFs chair that was made from an old door, just turned it around....

came across this kinda creepy african statue at the local swap meet...

and finally this is standing in the door way back into the house looking into the garage....

PP

took a few more, sorry a few are blurry i have to use my phone....

H

I really like how you are decorating this room, nice job.

It just keeps getting better...thanks for posting the pictures.

PP

thanks all, yea been busy of course what you dont see are all the junk pushed off to the side lol

PP

well it was no small miracle getting the giant Buddha in the back of my truck, or getting it home! the real chore was getting it out of my truck and into the house by myself. its just over 6 foot tall, 5 feet long and about 3 feet wide and weighs about 200 lbs. now to find a place big enough for it.....

Holy! It didn't look that huge in the first photos you posted!

I was jealous of your old place, but the new one is just killing me. love it. how do you find all this stuff?

On 2015-03-18 01:17, gabemaita wrote:
I was jealous of your old place, but the new one is just killing me. love it. how do you find all this stuff?

thanks so so much my friend! since Im currently not working, unless you consider being a house husband work, I have lots of "free time" to check craigs list, antique stores, swap meets, and thrift stores! the big buddha came out of a store that buys up storage lockers and then resells the stuff, Im guessing it was from a movie prop house only because there was a giant gong, a tropical tower and a few other odds and ends along side it. Not to mention, alot of items come from members here on TC there duplicates and such, im big into African masks and tribal stuff which some may find not tiki, so ive got a few friends who pick em up for me, not to mention, my first love before tikis was US Militaria, items like uniforms, headgear and field craft. never really got out of that and there are several gun shows and militaria shows I attend each month that have tons of old binos, field phones, Japanese flags, WWII hats and such for sale as well as the art and advertisement from the era to add to the tiki motif !! so, for me its the best of both worlds, i get to buy cool vintage militaria stuff and put it in the WWII sub/PT room, or add it to the tiki section, if your in california send me a PM and I'll share some of the shows I go to :)
thanks again for the kind words!
paul

Holy krimanee!!! That is one huge buddah. You indeed are a great eclectic collector. Can't wait to see it in its resting spot.

PP

thanks dear! yea need to build a Jungle Cruise/Indy style stone shrine for it alongside the house on the walkway to the backyard!!!

Awesome

PP

thanks all! with my new job working 10-12 hour days, 4 days a week, and usually mandatory OT on the 5th day, Ive been too tired to do much of anything! But the good news is Ive got more money now to buy fun stuff! its a vicious cycle! did get some cool stuff from Jason & Smokin Tiki at Don's on this past Sat and took some friends who have now been indoctrinated on Tiki and also bought some goodies too! hoping to have some time this week and some energy to post some pix,
thanks again all for the support!!!

I

As a former jungle skipper I am so green right now. awesome job!

Lee

PP

On 2015-06-16 15:37, I-Tiki wrote:
As a former jungle skipper I am so green right now. awesome job!

Lee

thanks sooooo much Lee !!! that means a lot!! oh I also have an original Jungle Cruise cast member uniform to wear when im working in the garage, lol

paul

PP

On 2015-02-26 21:38, EnchantedTikiGoth wrote:
Holy! It didn't look that huge in the first photos you posted!

Yea, im thinking I may move him to my office, lol but the GF will kill me!!

PP

working on this sign for the room......already have the skulls

W

Very enjoyable build. Real human skulls?

PP

I havent posted in a while, but I picked up this in May at a local Militaria show. The owner had gotten it from the family of a sailor in the Pacific during WWII. He had painted this for the officers south pacific bar that they had built on one of the islands during the war. its 3 feet tall by 20 feet long and appears to be painted on a vinyl wall paper from what I can tell. it has the angle blowing the winds on one corner and a nautical compass on the other with the hula girls and sailors in the middle...... its given me the inspiration to finish the tiki hut and be able to put this up about 4 foot hi so you eye sees it right away when walking in!!

PP

so i just took in a 3rd renter, moving out of my office/Puka Puka danger room, and moving into my tiki dinning room, which works out great since its a bigger room with access to the patio and yard which means NOW i have to clean up the yard since im looking at it everyday! granted this was day one......two birds are in ground now, more plants and tikis coming lol

[ Edited by: Pele Paul 2017-08-07 12:14 ]

Great additions and good to see an update from you! :D

PP

On 2017-08-08 23:17, EnchantedTikiGoth wrote:
Great additions and good to see an update from you! :D

thanks so much.....yea cant believe its been 3 years and im just now getting to the yard!!! problem is with water regulations, Ive got to be really careful on how much i use not to mention the GD gophers around here are like the F'N Viet Cong with their elaborate runnel systems !!! Varmint Cong !!!

Oh I get it... these sorts of projects come and go :) Our Enchanted Tiki Kitchen is getting some attention again after we found a couple of really cute zebra and giraffe masks made as part of a fair trade project by/for an African school. Not Tiki, no, but definitely bring a Jungle Cruise vibe to the room :)

PP

On 2017-08-09 18:24, EnchantedTikiGoth wrote:
Oh I get it... these sorts of projects come and go :) Our Enchanted Tiki Kitchen is getting some attention again after we found a couple of really cute zebra and giraffe masks made as part of a fair trade project by/for an African school. Not Tiki, no, but definitely bring a Jungle Cruise vibe to the room :)

LOL I feel ya! gonna eventually do my Jungle Cruise bathroom....One day! got some cool items, pith helmet, mask, maps,prints......One day!!

PP

had a chance to really clean up the yard and move some stuff around, as well as get some discounted tiki torches and decorate a little....hopefully it stays cool enough to be able to enjoy it for a while before winter....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 182 replies