Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Wannahockaloogie Lounge formally Jungle Cruise yard....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 182 replies

Hey Paul, looks awesome. The yard is huge! Plenty of space for the bar, etc. I managed to get my first tikis. There up in the garden, the first of many! I'll call you over the weekend and catch up....

PP

thanks bro!!! yea, im going nuts trying where to start

PP

well, the GF has agreed to do our bathrooms tiki, so here was our first day of the new bathroom...

That's cool dude, I gotta get me one of those. Can't wait to get some of those tiki mugs and a few more bits for the house. I called you earlier but I'm calling from a different number now, so pick up if you see a strange number calling.

and so it begins! :) Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the house.

• Dale

I agree...this will be fun to watch.

PP

thanks all, I promise not to disappoint! more pix to come!!!

PP

just paced off the new tiki building, planned to be built in the backyard soon!! still haven't decided if I want it 12 x 12 or bigger, I've got it all planned out in my head, now to get it on paper!!!! in the garage ive started on the jungle cruise aspect so far, as well as buying some bamboo fencing for the yard to keep the yappy dogs next door from barking at my dogs!!!

On 2014-04-08 10:40, Pele Paul wrote:
just paced off the new tiki building, planned to be built in the backyard soon!! still haven't decided if I want it 12 x 12 or bigger

As with everything in a house, you usually regret not getting the biggest later on...GO BIG! :wink:

Congrats on the new place, cant wait to see what you do with the bar

Just curious, will the 12x12 be an open area, like a covered deck, or will it be enclosed? I always say bigger is better, but there is also the intimate esthetic.

• Dale
PP

On 2014-04-09 08:40, littlegiles wrote:
Just curious, will the 12x12 be an open area, like a covered deck, or will it be enclosed? I always say bigger is better, but there is also the intimate esthetic.

• Dale

Hey Dale, completely enclosed, with a porch and patio cover A frame building with thatch and palm covering, was going to do the jungle cruise entrance, but figured it would take up too much room in the yard and cost too much lol! but, Im turning the garage and the side yard into the jungle cruise themed area, which will have an open area. not to mention, the shed in the yard needs some that and bamboo to disguise it too. yesterday we put up a thin bamboo privacy fence, do to the yappy little dogs on the other side! more photos coming later today hopefully. The GF wants me to remove our loquat tree, but I kinda like it, its tropical, and I hate to remove a mature shade tree!!!

PP

the future home of the new free standing bar!!!!!

the new bamboo fencing!

PP

The garage, moved some stuff around and staged a few things.....

my GF's son is so talented, he turned my old radio into a Ipod useable radio, where I can actually play real old timey music or Hawaiian music

Hey Paul looks totally insane. I've got a fee more bits for you, great A4 print that I know you will love!

PP

Thanks Jamie, your the best Mate!!!

Love the updated radio and the reed fencing you put up. Plans sound good. Keep us updated.

• Dale
H

I like the atmosphere you are setting in the garage.

PP

thanks all, did some yard work today, hoping to go pic up some stuff from storage tomorrow, which is 70 miles away!! more photos coming.........

PP

heres a few more, found a great antique barn out here in Hemet, a few lanterns, and a fish trap, and the GF bought me an old Jeweler's workbench. now, to start on the tiki lounge !!!!

All looks awesome, I love the boat sign and all the lamps. Wish I had the room for something similar. Gonna stick with the tikis for now. Need to get me a hoola girl for the dash in my truck!

[ Edited by: Malibu-tiki 2014-04-14 00:27 ]

PP

Thanks Mate! I'll find ya a hula girl for your dash for sure!!! along with some other cool tiki items you may not be able to get over in the UK.

Im saving all the pix of the tiki yard and new bar build till I have enough of a progression to be worth wild. Tuesday we start the new build, hopefully by Wednesday im not cursing it and tearing it down! Ive been stockpiling items to go into the new bar, as well as pre ordering palm trees to go in the day after the build. Ive been dying to post pix of some of the items Ive gotten to go inside................

a few placed tikis in the yard......

Tiki Down !!!!!!!!!

sadly a casualty of carpenter bees

Medic! Get that tiki a stretcher.....
Thanks Paul any tiki stuff you can get will be great. I'm gonna try and sneek a few in to my displays at the shows, US army meets Tiki land! I love it!

I think I've had a secret tiki obsession since I was a kid but only just started to admit it!

Hi my name's Jamie and I'm a tiki-holic!

[ Edited by: Malibu-tiki 2014-04-14 11:59 ]

hahahahaha you will no help from the tiki-holics here!!!!
yea mate, I'll find ya a mess of stuff for your display, you could always do US Army 25th ID in Hawaii circa 1986 for your display, and add tiki stuff to it!

On 2014-04-14 12:16, Pele Paul wrote:
hahahahaha you will no help from the tiki-holics here!!!!
yea mate, I'll find ya a mess of stuff for your display, you could always do US Army 25th ID in Hawaii circa 1986 for your display, and add tiki stuff to it!

Sounds like a plan!

PP

and so day one begins..............

thank god Ive got friends with tools and skills!!!!!

DAY 01 07:00 AM

PP

end of 1st day......had to go buy a bigger double French doors and 5 gallons of brown paint, man that stuff is expensive!!!!

day two.........
paint going on, sides going up, door going in and possibly the roof going on too!!

I may have to remove my Lowquat tree, don't wanna but it blocks the view of the hut; yes no?
Ive got to get some palm trees now and a water feature

I've never tasted a loquat, but after Googling them and finding out that they taste like a mix of mango, citrus and peach I say keep the tree. That sounds like something that could be easily mixed with rum.
The flowers are supposed to smell amazing too.

PP

hey Lori, they actually taste very bitter, maybe my tree is defunct, but they make a mess, and is currently blocking my view, may have to just trim it back a bit

From what I read if they are bitter they aren't ripe yet. They're supposed to be soft when they are edible. The seeds contain small amounts of cyanide so don't OD on them.
Maybe chopping it down would be the best thing. You could carve tikis out of the wood!

PP

end of day two......its amazing what beer and burgers will get ya as far as labor!!!! tomorrow, patio cover and porch. I wanted just a plane looking building, since Ive got limited time from my helpers, so once its done, then I can start tikifiying it!!!!

Great start to your backyard! Things are really shaping up.

I have to be honest with you, I like the small tree that is blocking the view. I can see you doing a winding path to get to the tiki room. It would add to the "exotic mystery". Just picture it, a path bordered with tropical flowers that opens up to an enchanted getaway from the world.

• Dale

God Damn! That's a nice shed lol Is that where I'm gonna be livin?
It's coming along great and looks awesome. Keep the pictures comin!

PP

On 2014-04-17 02:21, Malibu-tiki wrote:
God Damn! That's a nice shed lol Is that where I'm gonna be livin?
It's coming along great and looks awesome. Keep the pictures comin!

lol yea its bigger than most bed sitters!!!! you can come move in any time mate!!!! hot and cold running Malibu Rum!!! gotta get some thatch for the roof next and today we start on the patio cover and the deck!!! thank god for hired help with power tools!!!!

PP

of course the inside is in need of some rattan right away!!

turns out, the peak will be over 12 feet, Im hoping my neighbors don't complain!!!

here's my inspiration, one of our members older tiki bars and also one of my favorites! Hopefully it will look like this soon

[ Edited by: Pele Paul 2014-04-17 08:13 ]

PP

Finally done!! of course it looks like I could sell ammo out of it, or sell dry goods and tack !!!! lol, now to get the thatch, paint the door and begin the process of planting trees

Can't wait to see this progress!

Paul that is lookin pretty Damn good... Can't believe how fast you have put it up. I like the sound of the hot and cold running Malibu rum, maybe some kahlua aswell lol. Keep up the good work.....

Took a trip to Oceanic Arts yesterday, it was full of stars! both owners were there, the artist Shag was there buying a killer wall piece and the gentleman who writes the tiki books were all there! also had to pick up some thatch and a few other odds and ends since AO is now like 100 miles away from me now. cleaned them out of 4x4 pieces of palm thatching!
now to put it up......

Paul,

The place is looking GREAT! And it's HUGE. Color me jealous!!!

I'm also super envious that OA is within driving distance for you, even if it's "far" now. (For me it's FAR! LOL)

Keep the progress pictures coming.

PP

On 2014-04-19 15:44, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
Paul,

The place is looking GREAT! And it's HUGE. Color me jealous!!!

I'm also super envious that OA is within driving distance for you, even if it's "far" now. (For me it's FAR! LOL)

Keep the progress pictures coming.

Thanks for the kind words Lori!!! yea, it was a bit of a drive, but well worth it, always!!!
need to move some of the tikis onto the porch, put up a few lanterns and such while im working, but I cant decide what color to paint the damn white doors!!!
any suggestions?

PP

spent most of the day trimming the trees and then raking up all the mess, just enough time to throw a tiki on the porch and snap a few pix.....................

had some time this morning to finish up one of my crates for the outdoor seating area, and put the GF's custom made mermaid and playing with the name "The Mermaid Lounge"

H

You could paint the white doors to look like Tapa...might look inviting. xx::-::xx::-::xxxx::-::xx::-::xxxxxx::-::xx::-::xx

PP

On 2014-04-20 13:06, hottiki wrote:
You could paint the white doors to look like Tapa...might look inviting. xx::-::xx::-::xxxx::-::xx::-::xxxxxx::-::xx::-::xx

thanks hottiki, that's a great idea!! gonna look into that for sure!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 182 replies