Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Sven Kirsten's book: Tiki Pop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 244 replies

S

The original is just over 13" x 10" and 384 pages. That version is 5.5" x 7.7" and 640 pages so it looks like its just been reformatted.

On 2019-09-03 21:34, Hamo wrote:
Wait--what's this?

I'm not familiar with Tachen's Bibliotheca Universalis series, although the description says it's more pages with smaller dimensions, so I wonder how it will differ exactly from the original version. Maybe Sven can pop in to enlighten us....

In one of the facebook groups Sven mentioned that this was coming. It is indeed in a smaller format, but even with the change it will be welcomed
by many who missed out on the original pressing.

H
Hamo posted on Thu, Dec 5, 2019 10:08 PM

On 2019-09-04 02:21, swizzle wrote:
The original is just over 13" x 10" and 384 pages. That version is 5.5" x 7.7" and 640 pages so it looks like its just been reformatted.

Sven said on FB that there's been a small amount of content excised to keep the pagecount within the price point, but the bulk of the original remains intact. And that size seems to me a vast improvement over the "Tiki Style" incarnation of the Book of Tiki.

H
Hamo posted on Tue, Dec 10, 2019 8:30 PM

Sven had a copy on display at the Original Tiki Market Place this last Sunday, and it looks great. He said he spent about two weeks reformatting content, and he'll have it for sale in person at the January OTMP.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 244 replies