Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Newport Trading Co liquidation

Pages: 1 11 replies

S

here's the listing for Newport Trading Co i came across - lot's of potential for tiki bar decor - lot's of nautical with some tiki

http://bit.ly/29PwiIZ

That's a great find!

Man, look at a ll that cool SHTUFF! Didn't even know this place existed...

Tiki Oasis weekend (though nobody would know from the posting here), coincidence?

This is the second sale. I thought about going the first time but I didn't go. I heard is was a madhouse and stuff was priced extremely high.

Someone posted on one of the tiki facebook pages that they went. They more or less posted that stuff was incredibly expensive, people were being unruly and the estate sale people brought in big money dealers the day before and the morning of the sale to cherry picked the good stuff and they spent tons of money.
I even remember them saying something about the cops having to be called for people fighting or something.

I'd rather hunt it down piece by piece than deal with lines, possible crooked estate sale companies and crowds of morons.

I went to the 1rst sale and quickly left without entering precisely for the reasons put forth by Mr. Troudt

Jeez, now I remember, yes. Who knew that nautical collectors can be so obsessive, and sellers so calculating. Compared to that, Tiki sales events are a hippy love-in!

I wonder if they'll get better Estate Sale people and lower the prices for the second sale. Seems like they already ripped off the suckers... I mean "sold what they could to the well heeled collectors" at the FIRST sale.

CJ

Why is all the good stuff in CA? : (

Ick, I hope it's not a riot situation. I took the day off to go to that sale.

T

On 2016-07-26 15:52, TikiRenee wrote:
Why is all the good stuff in CA? : (

It's not.
AND you guys got the Mai Kai!!
http://www.culpeppernautical.com/

On 2016-07-26 17:29, tikilongbeach wrote:
Ick, I hope it's not a riot situation. I took the day off to go to that sale.

Good luck Hilda. Rooting for you! Looking forward to seeing your posts’
Cheers

Pages: 1 11 replies