Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

x

Pages: 1 2 3 4 175 replies

S

Monkeyman-
Incredible, that one is by far the most detailed and best yet. Looking forward to having one of your frames hugging a flounder burlap soon.

V

Fantastic, I really love the last one...amazing

Monkey Man-
That frame is sweet!!! Truely Breathtaking.
Later,
Spermy

monkey - the detail you are getting is INSANE. Great work. Thanks for posting.

Wow -- they keep getting better and better...

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:47 ]

the work of a true craftsman.
Inspirational stuff.

BoB

Monkeyman-
Please quit making these frames!! THey are really too awesome!! I must get my hands on one of your frames!! These frames are beautiful!!! Good work!!! Thanx for posting pic's.

these are amazing. Someone is going to be very lucky.

Holy hot damn! That TV frame is the coolest frame I've ever seen! Ever! In my whole life! Really!

Amazing work.

M

Words escape me at the moment. MM you rock!!!

Keep posting your inspiring works. They are superb!

Mahalo!

B

MonkeyMan, you are really getting Insane with your detail. It is getting SO good that I'm afraid to see what's coming down the road. If I was going to the crawl(which Unfortunately I'm NOT), I would spend ALl my $ on raffle tickets. There is so much great stuff available it almost seems unfair not to be able to go. Your donations are over the top, my friend.

Wow, those frames are amazing. Your work just keeps getting better with each new piece. Love those tiki bob's .

Thanks everybody. So many nice things said. I keep at it because of all the great feedback I get from all of you. It really means a lot to get this kind of support from other artists whom I look up to. Artists whose work I have in MY home.

My next pieces are for Sirginn, a 3 frame set. SneakyJack and others, thanks for your patience. Its a slow road when all you get is an hour a day to work on stuff.

D

Man I must say what top notch work that is! I am literaly sitting here looking with my mouth open...drooling! Excellent work!

TM

WOW! I NEED one of your amazing creations! If you get a chance, add me to your waiting list and shoot me a PM! Keep at it, your work certainly raises the bar...

V
virani posted on Mon, Apr 4, 2005 4:49 AM

I WON THE TRADER VIC'S FRAME !!

Thanks a lot Monkeyman, your work is the finest, and you're a good friend.

T

Virani may have won the Vic's frame I coveted so in my earlier post, but I didn't do too bad - I won the Tiki Bob frame! Like so many things in life, the thing you end up with after not getting exactly what you want is often better than the thing you really wanted anyway, or something like that.

In any event, it's fabulous and I love it and can't wait to put in a pic of Baby Pineapple. Thanks again MM, for you great work and generous contribution to the Crawl. Always great to see you.

B

Congrats to the WINNERS..MonkyMan Rocks and Rules .

K
Kono posted on Mon, Apr 4, 2005 4:12 PM

Man, you two are lucky. Those frames are unreal.

I concur. Excellent carvings.

Looking good as always - I guess these frames mean you are on the mend from the finger injury. Glad to hear. I'm still in waiting on frame for Drew Print and rushing just chiming in on how cool the bob looks as well as Vic.

Un-freakin-believable detail on those frames! M-M, you're amazing!
A-A

Aloha, Just want to say WE had the best time at Tiki Oasis... Casey we missed you. There are a few of you out there, that MADE the weekend, you(HEY) know who you are.... Until next year or should I say until the Hukilau.......

M

????????????????????

I think CG meant to say that your frames are awesome and she wants a rush order of 10 TVs. :)

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 8:49 PM

Monkeyman, your frames are awesome. Just the details and quality of the frames in itself is tops. However, it is how well you match the frame to the artwork that really gives it something special.

S
SES posted on Sat, May 14, 2005 6:34 AM

Every time I think I see my favorite frame from you, you post another image and I like it even better. :)

T

I am totally into your frames Monkey. You mentioned a trade and I am all for it!! I love rustic tiki stuff....let's barter bro!

~~ THOR's

who you calling rustic?

Thanks Thors. I would like to trade eventually. I have at least 2-4 months of customers in line right now.

Not because I have lots of customers mind you. I work a normal day job and get very limited time to work on this stuff.

I do love it though

I swear these frames are freakin' COOL. No wonder you're booked up....

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2005-09-01 19:46 ]

Damn Monkey Man, that's a very cool frame. Way to cool for that painting.

What the...man...you guys keep raising the bar...I mean...damn that is one awesome frame. Some day I hope to have something worth framing in one of those.

S

A big thank you to Monkeyman, and of course Flounder. Looking forward to seeing it hanging on our wall!

just when i think monkeyman has done his best, he comes out with something even better :tiki:

T

Too cool. love the detail!

Great Job MonkeyMan!!! I really love the spears and the bone at top!!! You are one Creative Mother F'er!!!!! Thanx for posting Pic's!!!

EEEEEEeeeeeeaAAAAAAaaaaaOOOooooWWwwwWWww

B

MonkeyMan... You outdoo yourself all the time. This frame is Unbelievable.Your work is very inspiring to me so keepo it up.
Thanks for sharing.

O

You said it was cool and IT IS!! Very impressive!!

Can't wait to see more, more, more!!

WOW, Monkeyman. I love how some of these frames start with a basic theme and take it to a higher level. They're super ceative and I can tell you're NOT bothered with staying in the "safety" zone. As in "what the hell, let's do it"! Does that make sense??!!!?? That last one is over the top.

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

[ Edited by: Aaron's Akua on 2005-05-23 12:08 ]

K

you got sum talent... when can i purchase sum of these bad boys.

Flames look awesome MM, and the nose bone is great.
The frames are becoming the art work themselves.

That whole piece should be part of a gallery show in Hollywood. Great job of enhancing the painting and creating a whole new piece of artwork by joining it with your frame. Super carving and painting job, MM!

Sabu

You out did yourself again my friend.
BEAUTIFUL!

Monkeyman,
That is one beautiful frame. Even makes Flounder's brush strokes look good.
I'm glad he gave up painting tikis ('cause I own one of his now incredibly rare and fantastic tiki burlaps!)
KG

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2005-05-23 12:50 ]

the bar is definitely getting raised...
and the bone is really cool...your frames
are wonderful!

I am working on a website right now with Unga Bunga that hopefully shoule be ready within the next month or so.

I am planning on putting up a "How its done" page that will show you the various stages of the process. Its my hope that those of you with artistic interest will find that information helpful and intruiging.

It tracks the process from wood selection, to milling the frame, mitre cutting, frame assembly, sketching, carving, painting, finishing and art installation.

I am hardly an expert on the topic but I do enjoy sharing information with those who are interested.

Keep your eyes peeled for more work from me. I have lots of frame customers waiting...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 175 replies