Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Shag All About the Tiki Mugs

Pages: 1 2 3 116 replies

MB

"Think good thoughts, and good things will happen." That's what my Mom says.
AND, "good things are always worth the wait." :)
"I'm just waiting on a friend."
Jagger/Richards

B

[ Edited by: BaronV 2005-07-19 17:04 ]

I still have received nothing..... am I the only one? I live in So Cal, received the confirmation email,confirmed via phone etc. This is my first order from the farm, am I expecting too much, in thinking that I should have received my order already?

KT

we've been shipping and sent out an email this week letting people know that we're shipping through next week. sounds like you didn't get your email but maybe by the time you get this, you'll have your mugs. farms busy but... will never let you down brah!

"we might be slow but we're...all about the tiki"
Holden

Thanks Holden, I feel better and can hardly wait to fill my mugs with some tropical libations!

Cheers,

KT

http://tikifarm.com/homepage/images/popups/vf_render.htm

Classic! That portait would be dead on if Franco were to erase a little of that hair up top!!! Arrrrrrrr!! When's "that mug" coming out?

K

Got my replacement warrior mug yesterday, thanks so much for Holden and the nice people at Shagmart. Very fast and efficient people. Thanks

I swore I wouldn't have another drink until it was out of my Warrior mug. Damn I hate breakin' swears.

M

Got my Warrior mug yesterday! Got #145. Not too bad. I love the mug!

Does anyone know how many of these were sold on shag.com or if he got the first half of the 300? Just curious.

8T

( Sung to the tune of Sweet Polly Purebreads lament from the Underdog cartoon show):
OH where oh where has my warrior mug gone?
Oh where oh where can he be????

My #180 has arrived safe and sound.

I still have received nothing, but remain confident. I call every day to check shipping status, and order something new. I think that it a good TF strategy! Screw the Shag stuff, I want my Kava Bowl!!!!!

Chers,

Kt
tonight I only had beer and wine:(

8T

Here's a copy of an email we received from Holden. I guess it explains the delay we have been experiencing.

Hi,
Thank you very much for your patience in awaiting the last final shipment our recent Shag "It's all about the Tiki" items. We finished shipping a great majority of the remaining open orders this week and hoped to fill the last remaining orders by today, but unfortunately, our kiln run which came out late yesterday failed on us. I lost about 45 mugs yesterday as a result of the orange glaze. It's tough formulating a lead-free high-gloss glaze in the red to near-red end of the color spectrum. We're working through the weekend and should have this resolved very quickly. I'll keep you posted for sure and very shortly, you'll be the proud owner of a Shag Wahaku Warrior and any of the other items (which are long since done/ready) that you ordered from the Farm.
Mahalo,
Holden Westland
Tiki Farm, Inc.

T

Well, it may have taken alittle longer than usual to get my mugs but I got 'em, they're awesome, and Holden and Tiki Farm are the greatest! Thanks again!

N

I keep praying to the gods.

I got mine, and every thing is cooool. I finally have some shag stuff, but I really dig the Kava bowl!

cheers,

KT

T

Looks like I have another mug that found disfavor with Pele. The glaze on the Mutuaga mug is starting to flake off in chunks. I sent Holden an email in the hope he might be able to help me out. Oh, the horror! It's the coolest mug of the 3, too!

3/8/04 7:30 EST

Post Script: Holden just got back to me, and he's going to set me up! TikiFarm Rocks!

[ Edited by: tikigreg on 2004-03-08 17:28 ]

N

I was wondering if anybody else is still waiting to get their order like me. Has anybody heard any news?

[ Edited by: net-tiki on 2004-03-08 17:36 ]

8T

Net-tiki, We are still waiting for the Warrior mug. Did you read the message I posted above from Holden? We're Trying to be patient. We had wondered if we were the only ones still waiting but I guess you answered that one. Hang in there!

N

Oh yeah, I forgot about that thanks 8ft for the reminder.

TB

What a surprise to see at my doorstep today my Wahaku Warrior mug!

Thanks Holden!

Tbird.

Pages: 1 2 3 116 replies