Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Critiki's latest new features: Themed Image Galleries, username photo credits

Pages: 1 2 3 4 182 replies

H

I wish I could code in my sleep! I do have to code a little HTML & XML, but it's mostly Perl & SQL, and this particular project called for a bit of JavaScript.

Glad you like it, guys! I'm having particular fun switching it to satellite mode & zooming in on tiki locations in Europe.

M

F#@K YEAH!!! Nice job Humu.

T

Wow. That is sooooo cool! I feel like such a slacker. Like maybe I should really go do something with my life. Like find a place to eat using Critiki, use a Critiki map to get there, and order a few good drinks.
I'm really impressed by your work Humu2, it's absolutely astounding what people can do when they actually work. :)

H

I've now got Critiki hooked into Ooga-Mooga, so that when you're looking at a location on Ooga-Mooga, you can see what mugs were used there! A great example is The Islander in Stockton:

Stockton Islander in Critiki

At the bottom of the page, mugs in Ooga-Mooga that were used for serving at The Islander are shown, with links direct to each mug's page on Ooga-Mooga.

Next step is to get links on Ooga-Mooga direct to Critiki pages, but right now it's 2:30 in the morning, and I need to take an ice cream break. Have you tried the Caramel Cone ice cream from Haagen-Dazs? It's delicious.

H

Humu, thank you. Hope to see you back here soon.

H

It's Critiki improvement week, apparently: on top of the aforementioned Critiki link to Ooga-Mooga, I've improved my picture handling, allowing me to clear a massive, massive backlog of photos. How massive? When I woke up this morning, Critiki had about 550 pictures; after clearing my backlog it now has about 880. For your browsing convenience in seeing these new pics, I've compiled this handy-dandy list:

Aloha Jhoe's, Palm Springs -- 1 new image
Bahooka Ribs & Grog, Rosemead -- 9 new images
Bahooka Ribs & Grog, West Covina -- 2 new images
Bali Hai Restaurant, San Diego -- 2 new images
Billingsley's Outrigger, Laguna Beach -- 1 new image
Bob Brooks Seven Seas, Los Angeles -- 5 new images
Caliente Tropics Resort, Palm Springs -- 2 new images
Chef Shangri-La, North Riverside -- 15 new images
Don the Beachcomber, Hollywood -- 2 new images
Green Turtle Restaurant, Daytona Beach -- 4 new images
Hala Kahiki, River Grove -- 14 new images
Hale Tiki, Augusta -- 16 new images
Hapa Haole Hideaway, Knoxville -- 2 new images
Hawaiian Inn, Daytona Beach -- 1 new image
Honolulu Harry's Waikiki, Chicago -- 1 new image
Hu Ke Lau, Chicopee -- 20 new images
Humphrey's Half Moon Inn, San Diego -- 3 new images
Kapu-Kai, Rancho Cucamonga -- 3 new images
Kon Tiki, Shreveport -- 1 new image
Kon Tiki Inn, Pismo Beach -- 1 new image
Kon Tiki Lounge, Tucson -- 10 new images
Kon-Tiki, Cleveland -- 2 new images
Kowloon, Saugus -- 7 new images
Leilani Hut, Long Beach -- 3 new images
Luau 400, New York -- 3 new images
Mai Kai, Ft. Lauderdale -- 2 new images
Mai-Khi Lounge, Milwaukee -- 1 new image
Minnie's Restaurant, Modesto -- 16 new images
Oceanic Arts, Whittier -- 2 new images
Pago Pago, Long Beach -- 1 new image
Purple Orchid Exotic Tiki Lounge, El Segundo -- 1 new image
Red Lion Hanalei Hotel, San Diego -- 10 new images
Sam's Seafood, Huntington Beach -- 4 new images
Samoa Club, Idaho Falls -- 1 new image
Samoan Village, Phoenix -- 2 new images
Tahitian Village, Downey -- 1 new image
The Alibi, Portland -- 3 new images
The Conga Lounge, Oakland -- 8 new images
The Enchanted Tiki Room, Anaheim -- 17 new images
The Islander, Los Angeles -- 6 new images
The Islands, Phoenix -- 2 new images
The Lanai, San Mateo -- 5 new images
The Lucky Tiki, Mission Hills -- 12 new images
The Palms, Anaheim -- 3 new images
The Tiki-Jo, Santa Monica -- 1 new image
The Tikis, Monterey Park -- 1 new image
Tiki Bob's, San Francisco -- 3 new images
Tiki Cocktail Lounge, Modesto -- 9 new images
Tiki Kai Supper Club, Albuquerque -- 1 new image
Tiki Kai Supper Club, Denver -- 1 new image
Tiki Lounge, Ludington -- 6 new images
Tiki-Ti, Los Angeles -- 7 new images
Tonga Lei, Malibu -- 2 new images
Tonga Room, San Francisco -- 1 new image
Trader Dick's, Sparks -- 7 new images
Trader Nick's Restaurant, Pismo Beach -- 2 new images
Trader Vic's, Atlanta -- 21 new images
Trader Vic's, Beverly Hills -- 4 new images
Trader Vic's, Emeryville -- 3 new images
Trader Vic's, Palo Alto -- 10 new images
Trader Vic's, Portland -- 1 new image
Trader Vic's, San Francisco -- 3 new images
Trader Vic's, Seattle -- 5 new images
Tropics Motel, Modesto -- 5 new images
Waitiki, Orlando -- 11 new images
Whanga Rei Bar & Grill, Turlock -- 6 new images

G

Excellent Humuhumu -- I'd forgotten all about those Conga Lounge shots. :)

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

I am extraordinarly pleased to announce that the Los Angeles Public Library has provided images from their very impressive menu collection for use in Critiki. You can see them here:

Kelbo's on Pico, Los Angeles (4 new images) & Kelbo's on Fairfax, Los Angeles (4 new images)

Samoan Village, Phoenix (1 new image)

Kona Inn, Kona (3 new images) -- this one has some great drawings in it

Beachbum Burt's, Redondo Beach (4 new images)

The China Trader, Toluca Lake (5 new images)

The Coral Reef Restaurant, Sacramento (8 new images)

The Beverly Hills Hotel, Beverly Hills (3 new images)-- this small folded drink menu is the first time I've ever seen or heard of the Beverly Hills Hotel having any Poly Pop in its past... my guess is that it was just a drink list they offered in the lounge one summer, but it's exciting nonetheless, and it's a pretty classic little drink menu.

The Luau, Beverly Hills (10 new images)

Trader Vic's, Oakland (3 new images)

The Tropics, Beverly Hills (3 new images)

Many mahalos to the kind folks at the Los Angeles Public Library for sharing their collection, and to Mr. Bali Hai, whose post on his Eye of the Goof blog inspired me to approach them.

Fabulous! I'm so glad to hear that they liked your idea!

P.S. Tell them to fix the broken image links to the old Bahooka menu.

That is really cool of the Library system to let you use those wonderful samples of Polynesian Pop from their collection. I really like the Samoan Village menu. I have never seen that before. Congrats!! Hopefully I can contribute to Critiki as well someday. I have lots of menus that would find a loving home on you website. Let me know if interested.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

M

Next step is to get links on Ooga-Mooga direct to Critiki pages, but right now it's 2:30 in the morning

Cheesy crust! How many Humus are there? I am tying to put together new eBay templates for Midnite Enterprises* and if I get the colors right after working on them for a week I buy myself something pretty. It's all you industrious hard workers that are ruining things for us in the "leisure class".

I need break after typing those sentences.

midnite...must lie down now.

ps Good work, nice resources, the lot.

*A subsiduary of Cpt.Midnite Global, L.L.P

F#%&in' Fan-tas-tic! Humu, you are a genius. Next are the holographic interiors of all the restaurants so one can walk into them, right?
When in the 90s I went down to the L.A. library to photograph their menus for the BOT, they only had a handful of Polynesian ones, this is quite an improvement!
So good to continually discover that there is more to discover in our chosen field of obsession.
I still have hope that one day there will be some funding for a Polynesian Pop Museum, to house great collections like Jeff's and Mimi's.

Excellent - taking urban archeology to a new level.

Now, to get the Tiki-Ti menu in the LAPL.

[ Edited by: christiki295 2006-01-26 00:25 ]

H

Hanford stole my thunder, but I think you'll all enjoy this nonetheless -- I've been working on this for a while, and now I've finally got my system in place.

You can now upload your own images directly to Critiki!

They can be pictures that you took during a visit, or pictures of items in your personal collection. There are only a few simple restrictions: you have to have taken the picture yourself, it has to be at least 500 pixels wide or tall, and there can't be a gaggle of people in it. The images are held for review before addition to Critiki.

Every location now has a link to upload images right there. It's purty darned easy (hopefully)! If anything goes wonky on it, shoot me a PM, but the bit of testing I've done went hunky-dory.

http://www.critiki.com

H

Thanks so much to everyone who has added photos to Critiki since I added the new easier image upload! Over just the past couple days, 87 new pictures have been added to Critiki.

There are new pictures for Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki, Young's Cafeteria in West Virginia, the Papua New Guinea Sculpture Garden in Palo Alto, The Alibi in Portland, Funhauser Decor in Vancouver, B.C., Jade Island on Staten Island, Tikis Woodcarvings in North Myrtle Beach, the Hawaiian Room in NYC, the Waikikian in Waikiki, Don the Beachcomber in Waikiki, Trader Vic's on Ward Ave in Honolulu, the Bishop Museum in Honolulu, Kahala in Barcelona, the Mai-Kai in Ft. Lauderdale, Otto's Shrunken Head in NYC, and Waikiki Wally's in NYC.

Special thanks to sneakyjack, Tiki Wahine, Hanford Lemoore, tikitommy, Pepe le Tiki and mrbalihai!

M

H

Ha ha, I love it!

I also added quite a few photos I've taken recently; all told, in the last few days, 31 locations have had 186 new images added:

Bamboo Hut, San Francisco -- 6 new images
Bishop Museum, Honolulu -- 1 new image
Don the Beachcomber, Las Vegas -- 1 new image
Don the Beachcomber, Waikiki -- 2 new images
Eli Hedley's Home, San Pedro -- 7 new images
Funhauser Decor, Vancouver -- 5 new images
Hawaiian Room, New York -- 1 new image
Hilton Hawaiian Village, Waikiki -- 1 new image
Jade Island, Staten Island -- 16 new images
Kahala, Barcelona -- 1 new image
Kona Club, Oakland -- 3 new images
Mai Kai, Ft. Lauderdale -- 26 new images
Martini Monkey, San Jose -- 2 new images
Otto's Shrunken Head, New York -- 4 new images
Papua New Guinea Sculpture Garden, Palo Alto -- 6 new images
Royal Hawaiian, Laguna Beach -- 13 new images
Samoan Sea Apartments, San Pedro -- 4 new images
The Alibi, Portland -- 1 new image
The Conga Lounge, Oakland -- 4 new images
Tiki Cocktail Lounge, Modesto -- 1 new image
Tikis Woodcarvings, North Myrtle Beach -- 6 new images
Tonga Hut, North Hollywood -- 5 new images
Tonga Room, San Francisco -- 9 new images
Trad'r Sam, San Francisco -- 1 new image
Trader Vic's, Emeryville -- 15 new images
Trader Vic's, Honolulu -- 1 new image
Trader Vic's, Palo Alto -- 2 new images
Trader Vic's, San Francisco -- 13 new images
Waikiki Wally's, New York -- 14 new images
Waikikian Hotel, Waikiki -- 1 new image
Young's Cafeteria, Glen Dale -- 14 new images

H

On 2006-01-25 20:31, bigbrotiki wrote:
Next are the holographic interiors of all the restaurants so one can walk into them, right?

We're actually a lot closer to that than you might think.

Here's some new technology that Microsoft's research group is working on in conjunction with researchers at the University of Washington:

Microsoft turns photo albums into navigable 3D worlds

Now, ordinarily, I'm about as anti-Microsoft as they come, but this is just too damned cool. I've seen the presentation given at SIGGRAPH a few days ago, and it's beyond cool. Here's a video demonstration from Microsoft -- it doesn't demonstrate the concept as well as the SIGGRAPH presentation did, but it can give you an idea (hang on to the last quarter or so, that's where it gets good):

http://labs.live.com/photosynth/videodemo.html

My first thought (after "holy shit, that's cool!," that is) was that we can create 3D representations of tiki bars. Unfortunately, there are probably not enough photos of the older tiki bars to be able to do that, but it's not too late for the ones we still have. Can you imagine a 3D-walkthrough of the entire Mai-Kai? Beyond just being fun to spend time in, it would be a marvelous documentation of this beautiful place. The technology isn't quite there yet (right now, it needs nice, bright, high-contrast images to work with -- not low-light tiki bars), but it's very exciting.

H

I just made a MASSIVE, MASSIVE improvement to Critiki Maps. The old one worked in Firefox, but just barely (it was painfully slow to load), and didn't work at all in Internet Explorer.

Now, not only does it work across different browsers, it's much quicker -- downright zippy!

If you tried Critiki Maps before and it didn't work for you, try it again -- it's much more likely to work for you now (though it still is restricted to the browsers that work with Google Maps).

Check out this view of San Francisco:

San Francisco on Critiki Maps

You can drag the window to move around, and you can zoom in and out, and you can switch between Hybrid (that's the default) to Satellite and Map views. Color tiki icons are for places that are still in business, gray tiki icons are for the places that have closed. Clicking on a tiki pops up an info window that includes a link to its Critiki entry, and its current Critiki rating.

The further you zoom out, the longer it will take to load (because there are more locations). It will work, but it might be slower. It's more of a concern in places that have a high density of tiki spots (like So Cal).

Most locations in Critiki have a Critiki Maps link (nearly 90% of them); look for the links that says "See this location on Critiki Maps" under the address. If there isn't a link to Critiki Maps, then it's because I haven't been able to find accurate enough latitude & longitude information.

Give it a whirl, and let me know how it works for you!

G

Excellent! Great job Humuhumu. This is going to be a great tool when taking a road trip, especially with laptop in tow.

B
Bincho posted on Mon, Sep 4, 2006 8:18 PM

Fantastic- what an awesome looking site and function.
Nice to see some newer spots on the Tiki train

On 2006-08-04 13:20, Humuhumu wrote:
Hanford stole my thunder,

When are you 2 getting married??

H

I just completed a new feature for Critiki: Nearest Locations!

Each location now has a list of the five nearest open locations (as the crow flies):

:up: Nearest locations to the Bali Hai in Lynnfield, Mass.

It's a great way to browse through Critiki, and it should help a lot for those looking to make travel plans.

Another change: when you're logged into Critiki and looking at a location, if you've rated it before, it will show your critiki on the right side, just below the average critiki rating. Now you can see at a glance if you've already rated a location, and you can tell if it no longer reflects your current feelings about a location, without having to go into the critiki page.

I think these changes are a pretty big improvement, I hope you like them!

http://www.critiki.com

D

wow in miles and kilometers! i love the new feature, Humuhumu! as a frequent traveler, i try to get to as many tiki establishments as possible. this helps a lot!

thanks for making the world Tiki Accessible!

H

I just made a little update to Critiki -- instead of having to email me when you forget your password, Critiki will automagically reset your password and email it to you. Ooooh! Fancy! Now it works like any other halfway-decent website! The login functionality on Critiki is on the janky side, so let me know if it doesn't work for you.

The other new feature is a little more involved:

Critiki Mobile!

I first shared this on Humu Kon Tiki a few months ago:
http://blog.humuhumu.com/2008/02/20/critiki-mobile

It is BETA BETA BETA BETA -- there's a reason it's not actually linked on the real Critiki site -- it's not quite ready for prime time. It's designed first & foremost for the iPhone ('cause that's what I have, and I'm selfish like that), but it works for some other phones, too.

http://mobile.critiki.com

Nearly everything you can do on the regular Critiki site, you can do on Critiki Mobile — you can search for tiki locations, read the descriptions, look at pictures, find other tiki places nearby, and of course you can take a gander at how locations have been rated. Now, you can even add your own critiki ratings while you’re still in the restaurant! Since it is a phone app, naturally dialing phone numbers takes just a touch, and it’s also hooked into the iPhone’s Google Maps app, which is just ridiculously convenient.

I was able to use it to rate Thatch while I was sitting at my table, drinking my London Sour! Snazzy.

Let me know how it works/doesn't work for you.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jul 1, 2008 11:48 PM

HUMU!!!!!!!!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jul 2, 2008 12:06 PM

Hey. that was GROG' 2000th post! (Kinny says that's 1,990 posts too many if you ask him).

J

Then let's not ask him. Someone should talk to Kinny about quality over quantity! At least your posts don't need smiley faces to convince the reader that it's funny. :wink:

That's excellent Humu

Someday I hope to have an iPhone, but until then I appreciate your snappy snapshot!

H

Critiki

I just got finished with a major, humongous overhaul of Critiki. From your point of view, mostly it's just prettier, but from my end it opens the door to being able to roll out some new features in the months to come.

The biggest new thing (aside from it no longer looking like it's stuck in 2002) is that it's much easier to drill down to destinations. I've integrated the Critiki Map with the drill-down, and it also tells you how many locations are in an area. No more having to drill down all the way to obscure little towns & back again to find all the locations, you can see 'em all right there on the map.

If you're using Internet Explorer 6, well, it's slightly janky. I've done what I can to de-jankify it, but IE 6 is just an inherently janky browser -- the newer browsers are way better, so maybe it's time to upgrade. :)

Enjoy, and let me know what you think! Especially let me know if you have any problems, I've done a lot of testing, but without access to a Mac, there's always a bit of finger-crossing that's it's going to work for my Apple-lovin' friends.

Critiki

I checked it out on the latest versions of firefox and safari on my mac mini (running OS X 10.4.11) and everything works fine and looks fantastic. Kudos.

Thanks! I like what I see so far. You make insomnia a pleasure.

TG

Nice upgrades, Humuhumu. Of course, I started my journey with a bummer. I checked out the nearest tiki restaurant, the Pacific in Sterling VA. Damn! It closed last month! At least, Critiki gave me the heads up not to bother driving all the way out to Sterling for nothing. They keep disappering, but none emerge to keep the tiki torch burning.

H

Mahalo nui loa for the Mac checking, and thanks for all the kind words! It's such a relief to have it done -- once I started work on the new look & feel, the old one looked like an eyesore, and it had to go. Much, much better now -- and a lot easier to use, I think.

The Gnomon, you're right -- the great old tiki places are still going out of business. I have renewed hopes for the future, though -- the new places that have opened up in the past few years are of much, much higher quality than those that were opening five years ago. Hopefully the trend towards quality tiki will make its way to your area soon. In the meantime, get to know your local tikiphiles! The best tiki bars are always the home bars.

Here's the thread about the close of Pacific, the locals just got together at Pacific's sister restaurant to check out the cocktails & drown their sorrows:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=18332&forum=2&29

JK

Aloha, Humuhumu!

You mentioned in your last post about hopes for the future of tiki in new places as the old ones go out. I have a question, as to what actually makes a place 'tiki' or at least considered officially tiki?

I like going to Islands, but its obviously very commercial. I prefer the tiki places that have been 'broken in' as opposed to new, high tech tiki.

But then again, I'd love it if someone would open a video tiki bar where re-runs of Hawai`i 5-O could run on a loop and have tiki movie theme nights!

Once again, great work on Critiki as well as ALL of your "webiki" sites!

Joe

Thanks for the kind words, Joe! Tiki is really in the eye of the beholder, but my preference is definitely for the musty, dusty, dark & cluttered version. The full spectrum is represented in Critiki -- cool places and lame places -- because I want Critiki to be a place where you can check to see if a place is worth visiting or not. Sadly, there are plenty of "nots" in Critiki.

Now for the latest Critiki updates:

Comments!
At long last, after many many many many many requests over the years... you can now finally add your own comments about locations in Critiki. Hurrah! You have to choose a user name for yourself first... now's your chance to snag your favorite user name before someone else does.

RSS Goodness!
There's also an RSS feed of the most recent comments, and you can subscribe to an RSS feed for comments for just one location if you want, too. And there's still the old RSS feed for the latest updates to locations.

Update Critiki's Info!
You can also submit information updates & corrections to Critiki -- each location has a link at the very top of the right info bar to "Update Critiki's Info". It sends the update to me, and I review it & get it incorporated into the location's entry.

See Where You've Been!
Another new feature is that you can now see a list of all the locations you've reviewed. It gives you a chance to eyeball your ratings, make sure they're up-to-date with your current opinions, that sort of thing.

Uhhh, lessee, what else.... oh yeah!

Links to Relevant Articles on Humu Kon Tiki!
I went through all my Humu Kon Tiki posts, all the way to 2005, and added links to them from the relevant Critiki entries. For instance, the Tonga Hut's page in Critiki now has links to all the Humu Kon Tiki articles that referenced the Tonga Hut, including the Great Popcorn Caper.

whew! Now to take a short break while I go to Tiki Oasis!

OH! Almost forgot -- you iPhone & other mobile phone users: this has been a point of some debate, and I'd like to hear your opinion. Would you prefer if Critiki automagically detected that you were visiting from an iPhone (or other cell phone), and redirected you to the mobile site? Or would you rather I left it alone, because you're going to the main site and you want the main site, gosh darnit?

H

The latest new goodness from Critiki:

Regulars & Visitors
On each location page, right under the critiki ratings, there's a spot where you can check off whether you've been to a place before, and even whether you're a regular. Once you check that off, you'll be added to that location's list of Regulars & Visitors, and you'll also add that location to your own list of places you've visited (visible on your profile). Here's my profile as an example.

Critiki Mobile has location awareness on the iPhone
I already mentioned this in another thread about tiki on the iPhone, but here it is again: Critiki Mobile is now able to detect where you're standing, and give you a list of the tiki places nearest to where you are at that very moment. It uses a free iPhone app called Alocola, and it seems to work really well.

Critiki Mobile

Also, Critiki now has accounts on both Twitter and Facebook. If you're using either one of these services, it's a great way to keep up with the latest Critiki updates & news.

Critiki on Twitter
Critiki on Facebook

Enjoy!

Introducing Image Galleries

Critiki has over 2,500 images—a massive repository of photographs and archive materials from tiki locations, past and present. Up to now, the only way to see these images has been to go through Critiki location-by-location.

There have been many times I've wanted to be able to just look at all of the menus, or all of the postcards, or all of the matchbooks, from all of the locations, in one gallery of images.

This is one of those things that is easily within the realm of possibility, but making it so took some work. I had to go back through all the existing images to mark them according to their contents. It's been a lot of work, but looking through tiki images is one of my favorite things to do, so it was hardly a chore.

I have to say, the reward is wonderful. Critiki has a new way to browse: by Images.

I will be rolling out a new Image Gallery each day. The first one is A-frames.

Seriously, it's straight-up tiki porn.

Images Are Now Credited to Usernames

Critiki has used real names for image credits, because I want to have a record of who really owns which images. But now, if you've selected a username for your Critiki account, that will be used to give you credit, instead of your real name (your real name is still kept in the records behind-the-scenes). If you select a username, all the pictures you've uploaded to Critiki in the past will be credited to the new username. (Some very early Critiki images may not make the switch -- let me know if there are images of yours that don't switch over to your username, and I'll fix it.)

You can select a username by logging in and going to Edit Profile.

Frequently Asked Questions

I've added a FAQ to Critiki, let me know if you have any questions that aren't answered by the FAQ.

awesome Humu...Love that I can see all A Frames on one page !

I love the Image Gallery update. Very nice.

When you click on someone's user name under an image and you go to their profile it shows that this user has added a certain number of images to Critiki, I'd like to be able to see all of the images from that user. Sometimes I lose track of what I've added. Also, some people take really spectacular pictures. I'd like to get an instant view of all of those shots.

H

So glad you're getting a kick out of it!

Good call! The plan is to let you see all the images submitted by one person on their profile. I'm currently chewing on the problem of how best to do that... I'd like to have the option of seeing all the photos in one album, but also breaking them down by location and by image type. I need to figure out how best to do that without just making a cluttered, confusing mess. But it's right at the top of my plate!

H

I like it when I can do something for Tiki-Kate:

Image Galleries By User

You can view all of one person's images in one big gallery, or you can browse through the images by location, or by theme. At this moment, only the "A-frame" theme has been released, but more will become available in the coming days. To see one person's images, go to their profile by clicking on their username.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ Edited by: Humuhumu 2009-03-29 21:52 ]

I've released the next image gallery:

Advertisements

Clipped ads from newspapers, travel guides, even old phone directories (Tiki-Kate just added some new ones today!).

Enjoy!

Wow! That was fast.

It's great that you can look at all your images or check them by location or theme.

I had fun checking off all of the places that I've visited over the years. Still working on that actually. Sad to see how many of them are gone.

O

Awesome Humuhumu! Are you going to have a top ten gallery?

H

Ojaitimo: top ten in what sense?

Wow -- the Advertisements image gallery more than doubled in size yesterday, as people added more images of ads from their own collections -- mahalo nui loa!

Now for another new image gallery:

Ashtrays

At restaurants dedicated to escape, leisure and relaxation, naturally there was an ashtray for every table.

Great work Humu! The easier you make it for people to see the images, the more images people will be inclined to add. And it's only going to grow in value as more images are added.

Since you're in wish list mode... I'd like a link to the original image that was uploaded since it looks like you are resizing them all to the same dimensions for your gallery.

I'll try to block out some time and barrage you with some image uploads. :wink:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 182 replies