Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Cheekytiki New stuff, Tikis for Kanaloa

Pages: 1 2 3 4 171 replies

Thanks all you Guys,

JT the cracks are real, it is carved in Oak, with which always tends to get those hairlines, I think the camera flash has made them look more prominent.

Hey Ben, no woofle ball for me, i slipped a disc just after Xmas, walking has been hard enough although carving hasn't been to bad, I just have to get someone else to move the logs about.
Yes, Amos is a true Gent, we miss him a lot here.

Tiki Paka, yep, it's for drinking out of, it's carried to the table in the box and opened to reveal the contents.

B

Well Cheeky, Its WAY Past time. I thought you had dropped off the face of the Earth, Welcome back and with a Whole Pocket full of Goodies , too I See! WOW, You have Been BUSY, Lookit that stuff, Man, incredible work as usual. Next time don't stay away so long, we might forget who you are.. Of Course I LOVE the Maori stuff the Best!

Thaks Ben, I'll try not to stay away so long
Here's a few i forgot about.
I also had the oportunity to produce a display cabinet held by 2 Tikis for the entrance to Trader Vics here in London but don't seem to have any photos, when I get a chance to re take them i'll post.

On 2009-02-01 04:41, cheekytiki wrote:

I also had the oportunity to produce a display cabinet held by 2 Tikis for the entrance to Trader Vics here in London but don't seem to have any photos, when I get a chance to re take them i'll post.

I went to Trader Vic's last November.
On the left as yo go in at the top of the stairs? I remember a display cabinet flanked by two Marquesan/ Trader style poles. These looked newly carved and were very nice. I may have a photo i think.
Of course if these are not the ones you mean appologies. I think we're planning a London visit in a few weeks and will have another look..

Tark

Very cool stuff Cheeky, I love it all. Great to see some PNG inspired
carving, looks vintage, whatever that means.

Its all great work, Cheeky!

I especially love the Marquesan straw holder!

Its been too long since I did anything for a commercial tiki bar, I envy the work you get to do for them.

Keep up the great work!

Here are some carved door panels we have just produced for Mahiki using elements from their Logo.

T

Damn those are nice! I love the large leaves. :o

S

Nice those would look great in any room.

L

Really love those door panels. Great work!

BD

wow, not just any room seek, but the door leading to my room. they're gorgeous! wonderful work cheeky.

bd

Beautiful work, Cheeky!

Some great colors going on there.

You guys are a talented tiki outpost... some very nice work on the website and here and your interiors are really something special!

Wow! That is beautiful! Well thought out designs too. Real-ly nice.

Some more new pieces, The Cannibal Kings Throne and some pics of our workshop

V

Man - that is awesome!
Great chair, and GREAT shop! I am now suffering from studio envy...

Henrik

L

Nice workshop, nice work! The skulls are real? What's up the "resident eyes"???

On 2009-02-17 13:34, VanTiki wrote:
Man - that is awesome!
Great chair, and GREAT shop! I am now suffering from studio envy...

Henrik

totally agree!

great chair for a cannibal king!
and what a killer studio!
RRRRRRRRRROCKIN!

B

WOW, Totally agree you have an Unbelievable shop, Totally mind boggling. Awesome chair and Bamboo furniture, as well as bamboo stock. Looks like Lots of stuff goes through your shop that we never see!

Our new stock of oak has just arrived, I have 3 weeks to get most of it carved up, this is the first 4 days work

Wow nice Ku. Great stuff. BTW love the amount of bamboo you have on hand too.

Wow. :o

Nice chunks of Oak!

And a real challenge to carve it all, being such a solid species of wood.

Looks like you are making quick time of it though, very impressive and clean carves!

Tikis that will stand the test of time for sure!

Here are some of the pieces finished in situ with a couple of other panels.
Not the clearest photos unfortunately

B

Excellent stuff. Where's the Kanaloa ?

Yes, that place looks amazing, mostly because of YOUR work I might add.

Aloha!

Marcus

Wow.

Where to begin?!?!

First of all, I have always loved your tikis.

Simple forms, yet deep and striking features.

Stoic guardians that stand watch over all.

The head dresses on the entrance tikis are amazing.

Second, your panels are mindblowing. Very impressive work!
I don't know anyone these days doing something that size.

What is the thickness of the wood you used on the panels?
And what type of wood is it?

And I can't forget the bridge railing either. Absolutely beautiful.

Thanks for sharing this inspiring work!

Amazing stuff! I love that 6th picture, great panel!!

Thanks Guys,
First, Kanaloa is a new bar in London, I will be adding interior shots in Locating Tiki when I get some decent ones.
The panels are made up from 11"x2" boards of high quality Pine which has a very waxy feel and holds detail well, very different to the usual fast grown pine used for construction. Unfortunately hardwood would have been cost prohibitive.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 171 replies