Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Marooned on the Mainland - Updated 9/9/07 - What kind of hijinx will Tom Cruise get himself into?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 462 replies

Ben, I have gotten some ideas from TC peeps. They are on my idea pile, and I'll definately let you know when one makes it into the line-up. I have all kinds of story lines that would only work on a daily strip, but I'm just not ready.

Anyhoo, a new one is up. We've all ventured into strange bars, only to be accosted by the locals, or maybe we are the locals hitting on the stranger's date. Here's the beachcomber's take on it.

Great one, Raffertiki. Any panel with the beachcomber is a favorite of mine. I love to follow his escapades with the ladies!

B

WOW Raffer, That's some assertiveness our man has not shown yet! look at the smirk you put on her face. I think our guy might get Lucky.
These are getting better and better. COOL
L

I'm planning to use this line at The Hukilau.

Sinking too fast. Had to bump.

Heres a little help. I so have my hopes up for him. He deserves a break, if not a lady maybe a rare mug find.

Nice work Raff, keep'em coming.

Thanks Rodeo. The Beachcomber is going to have his hands full. Ultimately, he may end up having a least four possible love interests including the current one, a mermaid, a pilot who flies a bi-plane pulling signs across the shoreline, and a peg-legged pirate chick named Peg. Still, it doesn't sound easy to me.

Arrrrr, so i says to my wife with the wooden leg " peg, how do you keep your nylons up? thumb tacks?"

Nice work Raff

B

And What is Beachcomber gonna have his hands "full" of??Hmmm?? Mermaid body parts?

Rodeo, do you mind if I use that one?

Ben, You'll just have to wait and see, but I have a stoyline in store that should take is well into the summer.

Go right on ahead Raff

Yes our very own Chongolio donated this concept. It fits nicely into the current storyline. Thanks again, Chongolio.

The laid-back NYer

http://www.NiceFishy.com

[ Edited by: Raffertiki on 2005-06-01 05:34 ]

Nice going Raffertiki and Chongolio... I always like to see what the beachcomber's up to, and the puffer fish are cool too.

B

Boy our guy sure knows how to pick'em doesn't he.
Another good one Raffer.
I had thought I responded to this already and thought I was losing my mind then I remembered our Shout last night, Duh!!

Thanks guys. This storyline is going to continue for another 4 or 5 panels. I promise it will progress nicely.

HA! Raff, your strip is way to cool. That stuff puts a smile on my face everytime.
Chonglio

Hey Chongo,

Your t-shirt is on the way. Size XXX-large right?

The saga continues with a classic case of, "be careful what you wish for."

Great panel, Raffertiki.... even when he's winning, he's losing. It reminds me of the old cartoon, "Lonesome Lenny" with the big goofy dog and the squirrel:

"...Now I've got my lit-tle friend! - I will hug him and hold him and stroke him and hug him!...."

Funny panel!

B

Oh Boy, He's in deep trouble now. He ought to jusr=t ride it awhile and look for exit signs along the way. At least he won't be lonley for awhile and who knows he MAY even be able to train her(yeah right!)a little bit. BEfore he knows it he will be happy and won't know why.
Cool cool cool

On 2005-06-07 17:23, Raffertiki wrote:
Hey Chongo,

Your t-shirt is on the way. Size XXX-large right?

You so funny! Dude, I could probally get me and 10 of my monkey brothers in a 3x

Since I am fresh out of clones just send me a large, but if you already sent it, I could always use it as a mumu.

Scare Crowholio

I feel so bad for him. Nice work Raff.

T

Oh my god... To funny. I use to date her....

Yeah, I met her in a bar a while back, before the end of the night she really started saying things like "forever and always!" I ended up introducing her to a friend who liked clingy (smothering) women. He lasted 2 weeks with her god bless him, but at least she was out of my hair.

Guys, our beachcomber is on the first leg of a bizarre rollercoaster ride.

Hey Raffer-T,
I got my shirt ! It was pretty much the highlight of my first day back to the grinder after my trip. Thanks again! Pm me your address so I can send you some decals!
Chongolio

F

[ Edited by: Fetish on 2005-06-14 18:54 ]

Glad to make your day Chongolio. Thanks again for the idea.

Fetish, Someone who joins a forum just to pass an insult is a tool.

I have a feeling you are the same tool from a certain web comic site.

When you become more confident with your own work you will find less reason to put the work of others down.

The laid-back NYer

http://www.NiceFishy.com

[ Edited by: Raffertiki on 2005-06-13 15:17 ]

On 2005-06-13 15:08, Raffertiki wrote:
Fetish, Someone who joins a forum just to pass an insult is a tool.

And not even a usefull tool , like a chisel or a chainsaw. More like a phillips screwdriver and a box of nails.

We that know you love your work Raff and cant wait to see more.

Thanks Rodeo, I like the screwdriver and nails analogy.

T

2000 out of work comics, and we get this guy. Oh well gives us someone to feel sorry for...

Just when you all start to feel sorry for the Beachcomber...

My $$$ is on the mermaid.

Hilarious, John- Our boy is just getting too lucky - I have a feeling that this boom may be followed by a bust soon!

My $$$ is on the mermaid.

I don't know, Fern can be pretty scrappy, and she is more than willing to fight to keep her man. Stay tuned.

I have a feeling that this boom may be followed by a bust soon!

Sam, you know all to well how this comic stuff works. All I'm saying is I haven't hit the big punchline yet for this storyline.

Thanks for the support guys.

B

Well partly right about the bust, I think he will have 2 in hand,

B

Well I think we all knew this was coming sooner or later.G Mermaid..

Ben, I haven't decided yet if the Mermaid or Fern will win, or if they will settle their differences and decide to share him. We'll all just have to wait and see.

B

one word: both

My guess is that:
Right in the middle of fish slapping , hair pulling and nail scratching the girls eyes will meet and they will share a " moment". And once again our poor boy will be left holding the preverbial empty tiki mug.

Or not , guess only time and Raff will tell.

B

Really, I think the Beachcomber is going to be the Winner! How can he lose?

I like beachin's idea! woo hoo!

You guys are 2 panels ahead of me. Okay, so who is for the threesome, and who for the Fern/Mermaid connection?

The saga continues, but what lies in store for the beachcomber's love connection is still up in the air.

The beachcomber may turn into another Hefner-like playboy (you know, with 3 girls in tow everywhere he goes) except, maybe the third girl could be a shapely bearded lady from the circus or something.... Great panel Raffer.

B

I don't know, there may be someone lurking in the shadows. For sure there are some strange twists ahead for our friend. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Where ever it goes, this panel is turning into a real cliffhanher and nailbiter. Thanks Raffertiki
HappyHappyHappy

Sam, I'll pass on the circus lady, but thanks, really...creepy bearded freaks... :)

Ben's got ESP. Yes there is something looming on the horizon for our Beachcomber.

Thanks guys.

I think we are down to the last one or two panels of the Fern/Mermaid storyline. I'm hoping to end it with a good punchline. Then I'll go back to single panel jokes for a while.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 462 replies