Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Marooned on the Mainland - Updated 9/9/07 - What kind of hijinx will Tom Cruise get himself into?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 462 replies

The word of the day is "snorkel."

B

Buffe't becomes fish food

I hope Buffet isn't scarred for life. :)

I was good speaking with you yesterday, Ben. It would be cool to meet for drinks some day. I definately won't make Oasis next year, but maybe Hukilau if I'm stingy with my remaining sick days.

Remember though... It's pronounced BUFF-ay! Entertaining as always Raffertiki. :)

B

Yes as in sea food buffet' or how ever you type it, Or in this case chicken/parrot buffet, All you can eat.
Raffertiki, it was great talking to you too, thanks for calling. I actually went out to the garage and started a carving!

Thanks Sam. The next episode will be a touching Christmas special. Soon to be a classic I'm sure.

Ben, I think "surf n turf" is how it would be listed on the menu.

Okay, my first Marooned on the Mainland holiday special is live. I am dedicating this to the TC member who lives the holiday spirit every day of the year in the cockles of his heart, our very own, Benzart.

Happy holidays everyone!

B

Hey Raffertiki, What an Honor. I don't know what to say but Thanks Very much. It's Great to see our Marooned fellow have something Nice happen to him for a change. Imagine, finding buried treasure on the beach. Now he'll be spending every spare minute looking for the rest of the shipwreck. He is Positive it's there somewhere.
HappyHappyHappy...Happy

Bless his heart, he scored a few mugs! It's about time this poor guy got something. If something like this didn't happen soon, I was afraid that the next installment would be that our friend went into self-imposed seclusion or worse! Another good panel, Raffertiki...

Hey Benz and Sam,

I thinking, doing something nice for the beachcomber could be a yearly tradition. But actually, as the ideas keep flowing in they seem to be becoming more complex as far as they work for the characterization aspect of my beachcomber. From here on it should be a good mix of the good, the bad, and the ugly for him.

In fact, I bet you didn't know that he is something of an accomplished tiki carver.

Thanks again guys for posting your feedback. It means a lot.

Ha! A tiki carver. I see some good plot twists already... Keep it up Raff, this strip is great!

A-A

Thanks AA. Anything that falls under beach, tiki, and surf is fair game. I'm glad you're liking it.

B

I just Knew our beachcomber was hiding something! That explains his drinking habits and obvious lack of consistent cash flow. We know carving is a "Feast or Famine" type existance and it seems to suit beachcomber fine. We need to see some feast part ?

Famine tends to be funnier, but I'll see what I can do.

Bump for 2005. Happy New Year everyone.

B

HappyHappyHappy New Year to you Too.
Only Our boy would carve a Barber Tiki for a New Yorker. Beautiful and Classic. I Love the expression on the tikis face.

Cool panel, Raffertiki. Our fellow is a one-track minded, die-hard tiki freak, I see. Your panels are always enjoyable. Happy 2005 to ya!

Thanks guys. If the next few strips are any indication, 2005 is going to be a bit surreal for the Beachcomber. He may even have some luck with the ladies. (He says as he twirls his moustache.)

B

All right, our beachcomber woo's the women. Too bad it is only setting him up for heartbreak.
Raffertiki Rocks and Rules

Okay, this one's for everyone who is married or about to be.

B

Aw but Hooney, Its the Only one I've found that fits, Can I keep it Palleeeze ?Huh? Huh? I promise to be good?

Ben, I can tell you've been married before.

B

only a few times before

Aw, man that sucks. My wife made me throw out my prized stuffed & mounted jackalope head trophy after we got married. That's just wrong!

J
JTD posted on Sat, Jan 15, 2005 6:41 AM

Raff,
Good 'un. Newlyweds, stick with it. Yesterday my wife came home with an old Orchids mug and two Mystery Drink postcards from the Mai Kai that she found at an estate sale.

Tom

Ben, I'm sure you learned from experience.

Aaron, my wife didn't make me get rid of anything. She did it herself.

JTD, the luckiest man alive.

Another cool panel, Raffertiki. I must ring in and say that although my wife certainly doesn't encourage me to bring home anymore junk, she's pretty good about it when I do. I did mention to her once that I'd like to find a stuffed armadillo, and she wasn't too crazy about that. I think she would draw the line if I started bringing home dead animals... :)

Dead animals don't stand a chance in my house. My wife is such an animal lover that she won't let me boil lobster at home (even though they are insects).

That some funny stuff Raffertiki. Your strip has developed a really a unique style and story theme. The ladies night print is pretty awesome too. I dig the eye patch chick with the parrot. Classic!
Keep up the keeping up!

Chongolio

Thanks Chongolio,

As you know, the more time you spend thinking about something the better the ideas become. There are some really out there ones coming soon.

It's good to hear from follow cartoonists like you and Sam G.

B

I cruised over to your website. The cartoons are great. I didn't get to spend too much time there, but will check out more later. (I've been on TC for 6 1/2 hours straight, and I'm getting a little sleepy.) Promise to browse more tomorrow. Very amusing stuff, so far.

Also promise to be a little more articulate after some ZZZZZZZ's.

Six and a half hours is almost a day's work. Somehow I doubt you broke the record though.

Thanks for the compliments. I checked out your site when you first posted. Youhave some unique stuff yourself. I'll also stop back for a better look.

Does anyone object to implied nudeness in the next 2 strips?

B

my vote is no objection (except the "implied") haha

Of course, my tikis tend to go topless whenever they can, but they are polynesian, so it's OK

B

What is "implied nudeness" ? Does that mean we get 2 new strips or does it mean our guy gets nude 2 times or whatever,,, bring it on!

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.