Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Marooned on the Mainland - Updated 9/9/07 - What kind of hijinx will Tom Cruise get himself into?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 462 replies

Thanks Ben. I'll be laying off the nudity for a while. I don't know what got into me.

Happily, no Bible-belters have slammed me down, yet.

Another good one, Raffertiki! Somehow, it would be just like him to lose his drawers! Keep up the good work... Also, I like the new look to your site.

http://www.samgambino.com

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino on 2005-02-16 07:28 ]

B

I love your new flash border! Really classy. My hubby and I had a good laugh over the latest installation. He had never seen your cartoon before, so I scrolled all the way down for him. He liked the "Last Call" cartoon the best.

Thanks again for the entertainment!

Thanks Sam, And yeah, I think I'll keep this new look for a while.

Kimberley, thanks again. It's a good compliment that you like it enough to show your loved one's.

That is funny Raff, the site is really looking good too. Please keep em comin'

Thanks Rodeo,

There will be many more to follow.

Marooned #19 will be posted next week, but I can't help but wonder if I'm doing as well as I could. Is there something you want to see, don't want to see, would like to see changed? Am I getting too risque, or playing it too safe? Does the main character, the beachcomber need a name? Let me know. I'm a tryin'.

That last panel is pretty funny. I really like the hermit crab in the mug too!
My suggestion is to simply just keep em coming, you are on a roll.

Chongolio

Thanks Congolio, and for the idea. It may come to be sooner than you think.

In the meantime, strip #19 is now up. Enjoy.

http://www.nicefishy.com/NF_Marooned.html

Great panel, Raffertiki. I like the idea of tiki mugs with attitude!

B

Ah Yes another excellent one Raffertiki. When your mug starts up a conversation with the one next to it, you Know you are in trouble. The only problem is you are too interested in what they are saying to put an end to it. My mug can Whip your mug, naa na nanaa naaah.

M
McTiki posted on Tue, Mar 1, 2005 7:57 AM

Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh!

An bhfuil tú ar meisce fós?

Sláinte

Draoi

Mahalo Sam and Ben,
I really like to do the talking tiki mug segments. I'm glad you like them.

McTiki,
The half-Irish in my blood isn't enought to translate your sentiments, but thank you... I hope.

Say what, McTiki?

All I can say about this latest on is, if you're a tiki mug collector, "Be ascared, be very ascared."

There sould be a disclaimer , before viewing swallow the milk your drinking. Excuse me while I get a clean shirt. Too funny.

B

That does it, I'm locking my mugs up in the cabinet NOW!. It is Too funnybut scarey..
Excellent page from nicefishy.

That is a riot! This poor guy.... even the objects of his affection plot against him while he's fast asleep in what I would guess is the bed that he had when he was 8 years old. Great panel, Raffertiki...

Thanks guys. Sorry about the milk Rodeo.

Whoooooo, man... That one belongs in the "Tiki Mug Mishaps" post for sure!

Raff, your new website format is lookin' good with all the flaming torches & other goodies.

A-A

Thanks Aaron. There is more to come on the site, long/maybe not so long term, but it's too early to spill the beans.

Ever wonder about the folks who live in sand castles?

That is great , Those guys remind of fisher price little people I had as a kid. And this time I wasnt drinking anything before viewing

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

B

Reminds me of me as a kid. I Really wanted to build a big sandcastle and live in it. I had scoped out the palm fronds and everything. I grew up on Biscayne Bay in Miami.

Sounds like a great place to grow up. We didn't live near the beach, but my parents would take us there every weekend through the summer.

Buffet is back!

B

Raffertiki, this one is TOO Funny. I think you should serious it up a bit so no one chokes on their toung laughing so hard. Nice to see our guy back. Can't wait for the next one..

Good one Raff. Funny on many levels. Maybe that bird can be swapped for one of those Budweiser Frogs. I love the fact the Beachcomber has got one of those treasure finder things. C!

Hey Raffertiki, funny one! I can relate because I have a talking, loud-mouthed conure. While most guys meet girls while walking their dogs, our boy walks a metal detector with a heckling bird!

B

I love the cartoons with Buffet! Makes me wander what they talk about when we're not looking...hmmmmmm.

I think you should serious it up a bit...

No plans to get serious yet. You'll just have to deal with it.

I love the fact the Beachcomber has got one of those treasure finder things.

I love watching those guys dig up beer caps and such, while hoping to find Blackbeards treasure, or at least a Rolex.

Sam, I am not familiar with a conure. Do you have any good stories to tell about it?

Beachin, Did you know that Buffet has his own tiki mug collection? He'll be back.

Thanks evryone!

Yes folks, Buffet is back. It's like deja vu all over again.

edit due to bad spelling

[ Edited by: Raffertiki on 2005-04-21 17:27 ]

T

Very funny... Thanks for the laugh

Thanks for the panel, Raffertiki... The bird is turning out to be just as entertaining as his master! :)

B

Whats a Hodad?. I think the bird is a real beachcomber assett, but he may get his neck wrung one of these days. Too Kool Raffer. Thanks for keepin the strip up

Thanks Thanatos, Sam, Ben. Buffet has a lot of potential. He'll be back, maybe with his own love interest or two.

Ben, a hodad is kind of a non-surfer. A definate insult to someone on a board. Just try to wring his neck, and he'll fly up in the air and poop on ya.

Pretty funny Raffertiki. Just what any surf line up needs another loud mouth... a bird no less. I agree, the bird is a good angle for more twisted humor.

Hodad- Begining surfer of some one who hangs around surfer but doesnt themselves surf. I like the variation, Brodad; a hodad that overuses the word Bro or Brah.
I think I remember hearing that Hodad originally was a term used by surfers for Greasers.

Chongolio

The question is, what were you thinking?

B

If I saw a shark fin I think I would probably learn to Run not walk on water. I would ignore the fact that it may not be what it seems. Too bad.
Raffer you are too funny. Try not staying cooped up so long. You need to get out more often.

too funny! (the comic too!)

I was thinking of a strap-on backpack or something along those lines, of course! :) Very cool Raffertiki! Mermaids are cool...

Thanks guys. I think she has a crush on the beachcomber. We'll see.

C

Arrrr, them mermaids can be some tricky wenches me thinks, but they still give me ol funny bone a tickle.
Raffertiki, that cartoon be funnier than a clown fish I say.

Capt Chongolio

P.S. Just tuning up my pirate speak for Oasis, Arrrr.

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2005-05-02 18:28 ]

Thanks Chongolio.

I just thought up a good followup for this one. I think the Beachcomber is going to be quite the ladies man, at least for a while.

B

Can't wait. I think he deserves a run of fun. Maybe you should start doing this Bi-weekly? You Could do it. You have the creative juicesErupting in your head now, I can hear it..Maybe Weekly??, Daily? I'd Love to cathh Marooned in my morning funnies every day.

Ben, you want me to do this twice a week?! Are you trying to kill me? You'll just have to deal with twice a month until I get syndicated, and can quit my day job. Still, I would be able to develop more story lines...

B

Daily would be Great, but I'd settle for bi-weekly. I'm sure you could get a lot of help here at TC???

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 462 replies