F

Okomo Cleopatra

The Arrival

Truth of the Moai

Shrunken Head

This is the Angry Tiki.

Had to fix a couple links.

[ Edited by: foamy 2012-04-18 12:46 ]

That is very kewl foamy, I like it alot.

F

Thanks Net-Tiki. I'm just trying to find some sort of style

V

This one is even better...great works, i love it.

I agree with virani ... this one is my favorite so far. Looks great!

T

Good Looking work Foamy. What's the medium? Paints or PC? Love the background, both style and colors.

[ Edited by: turbogod on 2004-06-29 13:07 ]

B

Definately getting better. Keep Painting and Keep Posting.
We'll tell you when to stop

On 2004-06-29 12:23, foamy wrote:
This is the Angry Tiki.

No wonder he is angry, he has gone an spilled his rum on the ground. Pooe tiki, lucky worms!

Nice job on the art. lookin good, lookin real good!

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-06-29 13:41 ]

T

Nice stuff Foamy!! I did not get to see your second one for some reason, this one looks good though, keep at it.

"Tiki mugs are like potato chips, you can never just have one"

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-06-29 16:55 ]

F
foamy posted on Wed, Jun 30, 2004 6:33 AM

Turbogod, That one was done in Illustrator. I was putzing around one night and that's what happened.

"Definately getting better. Keep Painting and Keep Posting. We'll tell you when to stop"
Benzart, you have a way with words as well as a knife. That made my morning (laughed like a nut), thanks.

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, folks. I'll keep trying.

F

This one is "Three Brothers". I know it's a little crude. I think I need some acrylics or oils to get some vibrant color and be able to correct mistakes.

Honest opinions please. Thanks.

[ Edited by: foamy on 2004-07-12 12:50 ]

Nice work, foamy. Like the colors!

http://www.samgambino.com

F
foamy posted on Mon, Jul 12, 2004 1:38 PM

Thanks SG. Think maybe I need some One Shot to get those great colors (that and a lot more practice). I'm struggling these days.

T

We are our own worst critics, is that how it goes? Foamy keep at it you have good stuff.

F
foamy posted on Mon, Jul 12, 2004 8:59 PM

Thanks TT. You're very kind.

F
foamy posted on Tue, Jul 13, 2004 8:53 AM

This was just a whim. Late at night I doodle on Illustrator and I had a little collection of tiki's, so I put them all together.

[ Edited by: foamy 2012-04-18 12:22 ]

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 15:58 ]

How 'bout an Evil Robot Tiki?

F
foamy posted on Tue, Jul 13, 2004 8:07 PM

Thanks TNT. SS, an evil robot tiki? Sounds like a plan.

F

This one is called "Bitten". Still crude.

[ Edited by: foamy 2012-04-18 12:25 ]

V

I absolutly love this one...I really love the evolution of your art style...

hum...do you sell your stuff ???

F

Hey Virani, thank you. Glad you like it, I never seem to be happy with anything I do (what's up w'dat?). Do I sell anything? Not yet, but I'd really like to (I'm unemployed right now and doing odd jobs). I was thinking about trying to sell everything but "Okomo Cleopatra". Would you be interested? It'd be nice to find it a good home.

I think that one with all the different tikis wants to be on a shirt really, really bad.
(Cafe Press?)

V

On 2004-08-25 11:47, foamy wrote:
Would you be interested? It'd be nice to find it a good home.

I am, I pm'd you.

B

Yo Foamy, the "Bitten" piece is the BEST yet.Also PJ is right, the Band of tikis needs to be on a shirt

I love that last one! Your progression just on this thread alone is really neat to see. Keep it up, I want to see more!

Real, real nice, Foamy. I like 'em all.

Bitten looks good.
What is the devil under the umbrella saying?

F
foamy posted on Thu, Aug 26, 2004 6:27 AM

The little devil is saying "...and life is good..."

Thanks folks, it's great to get good feedback from the likes of you. It means a lot to me.

Purple Jade and Benzart, funny you should mention T-shirts and CafePress, I've had a shop on there for bodyboarding shirts for awhile and had just started adding some tiki things (www.cafepress.com/slbradleydesign). In fact, the first thing I did was the blue tiki holding a bodyboard. Evidently, tiki and bodyboarding don't go together, 'cause I haven't sold but two items for the whole year I've had it up. Alas.

Thanks again, the encouragement is invaluable.

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:13 ]

F
foamy posted on Fri, Aug 27, 2004 6:53 AM

Hey TNTiki, thanks a bunch! Hope you enjoy it!

Nice work foamy...I agree with PJ also, you could definitely sell a few shirts out here in California , just keep workin' your style.

F
foamy posted on Sat, Aug 28, 2004 7:23 AM

Hey Bamboo Dude, thanks. Style is something I'm still trying to find.

F
foamy posted on Sat, Sep 4, 2004 6:24 AM

One that I started a while ago, just got around to finishing it. "Hurrying Home"

Could have cropped it better.

[ Edited by: foamy 2012-04-18 12:27 ]

F

Geez Foamy, it just gets better and better with you!! I love all the movement this one has.

T

Foamy I love this new piece man,it is by far my favorite of all that you have done to date.

love this one...you got the feeling PERFECT - a flood of sailing memories coming back looking at this piece. Nice job!

F
foamy posted on Sun, Sep 5, 2004 4:26 PM

Hey, thanks folks. I was very unsure about this one. I made a last minute decision to ink it as it wasn't holding up well on it's own "painted" merits. Love doing sailboats, and the various types of Polynesian proas and catamarans fascinate me. Lots of subject matter there. Thanks again, it helps a lot.

So when are we going to see the newest Foamy piece? It's been waaaay to long!

F
foamy posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2005 6:23 AM

Well, it has been a long time. However, I had a slow day yesterday at work and my mind wandered...

Surfin' Tiki

[ Edited by: foamy 2005-09-23 07:03 ]

[ Edited by: foamy 2012-04-18 12:28 ]

V

I love this one, as well...Excellent job on the tiki surfer.

H
hewey posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2005 7:16 AM

Cool surfin tiki :)

That raft one reminds me of the ol 1940s era books i got on the South Pacific, the sketches are just the same style. Neat, I really dig it.

Love that crazy face! He's jammin' on the surf! Nice job

I dig the overall blue of the picture too...

M

Sweet art. Keep em coming.

I like the places that your mind wanders to! very nice all around!

Very cool work Foamy. I love the surfing Tiki and I love scenery around him. The eyes on that guy are crazy. Thank you for posting,

B

Sooo... This is what you do at work all day, Nice job.
You should never do a surfer looking like he is having That much fun or else there will be a run on surf boards and there will be no space to surf.
Excellent piece after such a long time.

F
foamy posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2005 1:11 PM

Hey folks, thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I hadn't done anything in a while and it was fun. I'm going to try and be a little more productive now that the sailing season has little more than a month to go (weekends off – ya know). I've missed the creating and interacting with you all. That and checking out all of the ace work you painters, carvers and artisans post. Thanks, again.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 191 replies