Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

foamy's thread... Long time, no see

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 191 replies

Foamy! Good to hear from you again. I love the monochromatic color scheme. Can't wait to see some more terrific stuff from you. We missed you. :)

K
kirby posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2005 4:44 PM

Wow ,first time ive seen your post,Great work,Im realy impressed, the tiki mug biting the hand is an awsome one,great idea...Im looking forward to seeing more...

Cool stuff foamy... Thanks for posting!

Now we're talking! This should be a series. The little fishies cruising along for the ride know who to follow. Love it!

Foamy, it's cool how the mask is centered and the background flows all around it. I too dig the overall blue.

Looks great . I also like the overall blue look.

F
foamy posted on Mon, Sep 26, 2005 8:12 AM

Thanks again, folks. This place is jump'in with good things. FD, how's everything? Think I'm going to make an effort to finish that one I showed you some time ago. Hopefully by the end of the week. We'll see.

H

Waiting for it foamy... :)

F
foamy posted on Tue, Oct 4, 2005 5:56 AM

Another slack day. Makes me nervous. Just something else to occupy my mind (which really doesn't take much).

Lucky Tiki.

[ Edited by: foamy 2005-10-04 06:21 ]

V
virani posted on Tue, Oct 4, 2005 6:50 AM

that is one lucky tiki...I love it Foamy.

Nice work foamy!

I really like the colors in this one. Nice work

F

Beautiful, all class! This is my favorite so far.

C

love it....the colors....the tiki face....body...the
shadows...love it all...

B

GO Foamy.. You are developing a Very pleasant style with your "Stick body" tikis. The bodys have movement and expression and the heads are Awesome. You Must get bored More at work or I'll tell your boss to load you up with that Real work, yucckk.

F
foamy posted on Wed, Oct 5, 2005 5:15 AM

Thanks folks, I was being bored but, having fun. I'll take it. Unfortunately the dam has broken. There was a bunch'o folders on my seat this morning. The powers that be must have noticed. Alas.

Benz, those stick figures just kinda happened. I'm always trying to modify an existing tiki or come up with a new tiki-like face. The bodies were an easy way to go. It started with a bunch of tiki warrior-types I had drawn some time ago and they needed bodies to move around on. They lend a bit of consistancy to the different heads and you're right-they do convey motion and animate the character a bit. Thanks for noticing.

Now, about the mud-flap girl...

H
hewey posted on Wed, Oct 5, 2005 6:13 AM

Cool man. Really like the monochromatic colour scheme, works really well in this piece. I also love the pose on that guy, most tikis just stand there like a Buckingham Palace guard with a pole up his arse...

Very nice work, foamy! That's true....there is good movement as well as character there!

F

One more. Tiki Drummer.

There's no "attempt" at all Foamy.
You got it!
Excellent job.

T

great!! that's my favortie one so far. keep 'em coming!

H

You are very good.

Alright, more Foamy! This looks great, we want more!

very cool Foamy.....I love anything with drums.....
keep em coming.....

Drums and tikis ROCK! This looks excellent. I can see this as a poster for sure. Great complimetary colors, very stylized.

Looks like an album cover, and damn well should be.

K
kirby posted on Tue, Nov 15, 2005 7:10 PM

great work i love it...

H
hewey posted on Wed, Nov 16, 2005 6:42 AM

Awesome, really liking this style of art.

Foamy-That is great! I really like the colors you used. I also like the detail of the mask and the cat eyes. Purty cool.
Thanks for postin it.

Chongolio

Love this one. Keep them coming.

F

Thanks folks, I'm going to try for four (a green, rum themed one, perhaps?). To see if they may be arranged in a way that puts them all in a frame together. "Tiki Pursuits" or the "The lives of Tikis" or some such thing. We'll see. Thanks again for the positive feedback, it's what keeps me going. On the other hand, please don't be afraid of being critical. I've got a thick skin (and head) and would welcome anything that might improve the work.

Aloha foamy!!!!
Your art is sweet my friend !!!! Keep styln with the colors . aloha , mooney

love the tikified drummer. Keep sharin.

Brilliant background in the 3 bros. Paint or 'puter good choice. Keep it up.

F
foamy posted on Fri, Dec 9, 2005 1:27 PM

Tipsy Tiki

All together now: Tiki Leisure

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Dec 9, 2005 1:39 PM

Foamy,

Those look really great. I love the colors, style, and stick bodies. Most excellent stuff!

-Gman

C

How big is the frame Foamy.....nice work...I like all of them
and the background in great too.....fun fun fun

F
foamy posted on Sat, Dec 10, 2005 7:59 PM

Hey Conga, as it's laid out—30 inches. But, it's all hypothetical, and exists only on the computer. Thanks, though.

B

Foamy. Your stuff is Lookin' Great. I can Really Identify with the "Tipsy Tiki" and I like him a Whole Lot. The others are great too, but most of my experience has been with Tipsy there. Bring'em on, Paint some more!

L
Loki posted on Sun, Dec 11, 2005 4:37 AM

They look great together. I think your on to something...it really "pops" when they are grouped like that.
Great work.

F
foamy posted on Sun, Dec 11, 2005 4:09 PM

Hey thanks Gman, Benz and Loki. They were fun to do.

This bugger took all day. Every time I went to work on one piece of it, I'd mash and/or distort some other piece of it. I was constantly fixing something. I finally had to give it up and throw it in the oven. It's a bit rough looking and I have burnt every one that I've made.

I don't know how many of these I can make. Would you give something like this as a gift?

[ Edited by: foamy 2005-12-12 01:53 ]

Foamy,
I love the prints, are they for sale? Also I think the Xmas presents are turning out great.
moon

F
foamy posted on Mon, Dec 12, 2005 4:55 AM

Hey, thanks Moondance. I PM'd ya.

L
Loki posted on Mon, Dec 12, 2005 5:03 AM

Sculpey is fun stuff, especially when your fingerprint just wont come out...forever baked into the sculpture...he is very cool...did you put the earrings and hair on after the bake? I have baked a few with hair and it never burned but got very brittle...

F
foamy posted on Mon, Dec 12, 2005 5:18 AM

Hey Loki, no, I stuck the hair and earrings in after the bake. I was gonna use feathers but I couldn't get them to do what I wanted and it didn't look right. Really could've used some more hair but I didn't know where to cut it from.

V

ME WANT

H
hewey posted on Mon, Dec 12, 2005 5:45 AM

I love the collection of prints, very cool. They work great as a collection. The sculpture guy is cool - did you bake it yourself?

F
foamy posted on Sat, Dec 17, 2005 2:54 PM

Nothing new to post. Just consolidated artwork from other threads so everything goes in order from the beginning. Cleo was my first one. Think I'll go back to pen and ink.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 191 replies